February 2023 Moms

Introductions

1235»

Re: Introductions

• edited July 2022
    Hi I’m Cori! I’m in Tampa, Florida with my fiancé Randall! My due date is 2/10/2023
    I found out because I went to the hospital with a horrible stomach ache and vomiting. Then they sprung it on me I was pregnant! I was in the process of losing weight with Qsymia and lots of exercise to make my body healthier to start trying for babies. We wanted to start the beginning of 2023 because that’s when I would be my goal weight. I have PCOS so my doctor said it would be very hard to get pregnant at the weight I was at with was 292lbs. Well I got down to 237lbs and found out I was pregnant! Not the best weight but at least my BMI is at a normal number! My fiancé is so so excited to become a dad. I have 2 cats and they’ve just started poking at where the baby is and laying on it. So cute!!

Ps: my worst symptoms are back pains and nausea 🤢
  • mvm0609mvm0609 member
    edited July 2022
    Introduce yourself:
    Hi, I'm a first time mom. I've had one other pregnancy that ended in miscarriage at about 9 weeks in December 2021.

Due date:
    Estimated is 02/19/23, but I have a feeling it is closer to the end of the month (long cycles).

How you found out:
    I just had a feeling that I was (though not because of symptoms like the first time around). Took a test two days before my expected period and it was positive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I have a 5-year-old husky (who has become very clingy and protective of me the past couple of weeks). I work as a graphic designer. My spouse and I watch a lot of TV and garden together - been married since 2021 and together since 2012.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?
    Physically - mostly just hungry all the time and I get uncomfortable if I don't eat. Luckily, it doesn't usually turn into full-on nausea. Some heartburn as well, sore boobs, and very tired all the time.
    Emotionally - cautiously excited, but mostly nervous and eager to see the doctor to see what's going on in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • My name is Kaysie, i’m 8w6d with my 1st my due date is february 14th❤️ i found out i was pregnant on june 14th with a digital clear blue pt almost had a heart attack seeing the word pregnant on the screen lol, 1 test wasn’t enough so i took 6 more just to be sure 😂. i have 2 kittens. i’m an install coordinator at an hvac company
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I'm Rose a 33 yr. old from Wisconsin

Due date: 3/31 

How you found out: My husband and I have been trying since April and I just took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and got a positive! I was almost sure it wasn't going to happen this month since out of all the months so far, but then of course it did  - probably because I was a bit less anxious for it to happen right away!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have been married to my husband for 5 years and have 2 daughters (Evelyn-3.5 & Claire-1.5). I currently work hybrid as a graphic designer for a construction company. I love to spend time with the girls and just be outside doing things as much as possible when it's nice here in the Midwest.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? I'm feeling a mix of things - excited and anxious. We had a loss in October at 18 weeks and I'm a bit nervous going into this and not really sure how to navigate when to tell people this time around. Physically though I'm feeling fine - crampy a couple days ago in the morning, but otherwise okay. Wish my first appointment was sooner than 10 weeks!
  • @rosebud33343 congrats! I'm from Wisconsin too!
  • Hello! My name is Cat and I’m due February 14!  This is my first pregnancy.  We’ve taken to calling baby lil Cupid.  We should find out in the next week or so the gender and I’m very excited!!!

Ive been pretty lucky on symptoms. Not too much nausea but very sore breasts and my sleep is terrible!  I normally take medicine for insomnia but can’t now. My doctor recommended benydrl and that helps some but if anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear them! 

I’m and attorney and my fiancé is an engineer. We were both very surprised but are very excited! We’re getting married this fall and moving next summer for his job, most likely to Hawaii.  Which is beautiful! But very far from our families.  So lots of changes in our lives! I’m looking forward to the adventure. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I'm Julie, I'm 33 and a FTM up in Canada. I actually was in the March BCM group but had my dating ultrasound yesterday and now have a due date in February!

Due date: Feb 27

How you found out: I was so over tired all week, but also waking up really early with vivid dreams. I decided to take a test and here we are

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am a teacher at a speech arts school, and my husband works in film and TV. Lately my main hobby has been TV or movies or naps. When I'm less tired though, I like hiking, cooking, theatre.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally) So tired, and very nauseated. I've been taking diclectin to get through work, but I'm not sure about it. I do think it's helping with the nausea, but it makes me even more tired, so I don't know what's worse. It's really hard to function at work either way!
  • Introduce yourself: Hello! My name's M, I'm a FTM on the east coast.

Due date: 2/27/2023, but could be later due to long cycles. Currently 10w 6D along!

How you found out: BFP on a pregnancy test! My husband and I were very fortunate to conceive after 3 months of actively trying. I was skeptical of the first positive, but another positive a couple days later sealed the deal.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I'm a software engineer and husband is a lab supervisor. We're gaming/DND/board game nerds who met around a decade ago, and I couldn't be more thrilled to finally start a family with him. We've already managed to collect two cats and a dog, so why not add a kid to the mix?  :D

I enjoy cooking, hiking, and being in nature like many others here. Occasionally I like to paint, but we've gotten married and bought a house within the past year so much of my free time lately has been spent party planning and handy-manning.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?: Very very tired and unrested. I wasn't a big exerciser before, but with the fatigue I've been experiencing, I've been maxing out just by going to work every day. I've also been struggling to eat throughout the first trimester due to general food aversions, but fortunately it seems like that's been less severe as the weeks go on. I can't say I'm looking forward to the rest of pregnancy, but I'm so excited to meet my child when they arrive!
  • @mirach congrats on your miracle 🙌
  • mirach So happy you have achieved your dream after what must have been a pretty gruelling wait!  <3
  • Hi! I’m Emma.
    Due Feb. 14❤️
    This is my first pregnancy and I feel really lucky and grateful that everything has gone well so far. I am an over-thinker, over researcher and I was prepared for the possibility of a harder time. Still hoping nothing goes terribly wrong. How do you all manage the anxiety?

I found out on a home pregnancy test a few days before I missed my period. My husband found out a more fun way when I gave him a papier-mâché treasure chest full of D&D baby onesies, oversized squishy dice, nerdy kids books, and a stuffed dragon. 🐉

About me: I live in KY. I just started nursing school. I hope to continue on and become a Certified Nurse Midwife in the next 5 years (maybe ambitious with a new baby! Yikes!). I keep chickens in my back yard 🐓. I host a podcast about dreams with a friend 🎙. I like gardening and staying out of the dirt and avoiding handling the chickens has been tough. I have two cats 🐈 🐈‍⬛.

Feelings: glad the morning sickness is waning 🙏! Eating is less of a chore and now I can have some variety again. Less isolated now that we have announced to friends and family. Wondering if I have a little bump or it’s just pudge. Surprised my obgyn doesnt seem to care about NT test or NIPT or blood or urine labs yet. I thought I’d know more by now based on others experience. My next appointment is this week and I have questions. What do you all ask? Moms who have been through this before, what should I be asking my doctors?
    Since I want to be a midwife I want to hire a midwife but haven’t started interviewing yet. I have an OB, can I have both 🤷🏼‍♀️?

Best of luck to you all and looking forward to getting to know you! ✨
  • @knottie...... I think it would be wise to have a midwife since you're planning to be one. :)
  • @knottie…. Hi Emma! Welcome to the forum! You absolutely can have both a midwife and an ob/gyn. You can do co-care with your new midwife and current ob. You are CEO of your pregnancy and you are the one to determine how you want to build your labor and delivery team. I left my original ob/gyn because she showed behaviors prior to pregnancy that she was not good in collaborating with me. I found my new midwife/ob team while interviewing for doulas. 

Don’t be afraid to ask questions, especially when you are trying to find a new provider. I created a list of all of my questions. I brain dumped everything onto my computer. I started with 21 questions and edited down to 11 for my initial visit for the sake of time. Bring up prenatal testing and the NT/ NIPT test and their reasoning to do it or not do it. See what their practice is like and if it is a good fit for you. It’s important to know if their practice and medical philosophy is a good fit for you.

For me, I asked what type of prenatal testing they plan to do throughout the pregnancy. I wanted to know about alternatives to the oral glucose test because that was important to me. I asked how many births they have assisted unmedicated. I asked about their c-section rate and if sticking to the Friedman curve was important to them or not. I asked about inductions and when do they start thinking about it. Follow your instincts and intuition to which questions feel important to you. 

What a great journey you are embarking that will add so much more richness and wisdom to your career trajectory too! I’m happy and excited for you!❤️

• Hello, Bump Community!

I kept looking into different forums about different topics because I liked to talk to different kinds of people. Now, I found out about “theBUMP” when I was doing research. Hello all, I’m a student. I got married about a year ago. I didn't want a baby but accidentally got pregnant. Now I have a child. I am very depressed. How do I take care of the baby?
  • sienna221 Much more fun if you join in, welcome on board and congrats on your pseudo twins! <3 Might not have been exactly as you intended, but good to hear you have made peace with it. Also I am convinced your kids will love it! I'm a pseudo twin myself, and that bond is definitely stronger than with our little sister, who is a couple of years younger. We shared everything growing up! 
  • I'm KP and I'm a reading teacher to young kiddos at an elementary school. I love my job but it sure has its challenges. My husband and I have been together 6 years and got married November of 2021.

Due date:
    Feb. 8, 2023
    How you found out:
    I knew three days after we tried! I started spotting (early implantation bleeding). I waited til my period was almost due and confirmed via tests. My husband had left that morning for 17 days. It was agonizing not telling him til he got back!
    Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I'm a reading teacher and my husband is a social worker and he is also in the Army reserves. We have a small dog and she is my whole world. I'm hoping baby arrives on Feb. 3 so it'll have an easy birthday for my husband to remember. 2/3/23! Also, we aren't announcing the baby's gender to anyone. If/ when we find out privately we don't plan to tell anyone either. This is our first child and we hope to either adopt or have another child so we are keeping things gender neutral.
    I've been blessed with a smooth pregnancy so far. I recently started getting acid reflux quite often (up to 6 times a day) but I am managing it. No complaints here! I have a sleep disorder and this 2nd trimester is sure bringing it back out. Am I tired? Yes! All. The. Time. I have a sleep disorder.🙃
  • Hiiiii Moms

Feb 19th 2023

Been tracking and planning waited to test and found out 🥰

First time mom ❤️ Currently working as a juvenile caseworker
    Love just staying home and spending time with my husband

Feeling anxious and excited because This is my first time I never know what to expect and what it’s supposed to feel like to be pregnant.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! I’m Ashley. I’ve been lurking for a few months, been to busy to get engaged in conversation. But I loved my group the first go around and I’ve not been able to sleep lately so I figured it’s a good time to join in! 

I’m due Feb 8 and I found out because my boobs randomly hurt walking down the stairs so I decided to take a test. We had been trying for about 6 months at that point. 

I have a 4 year old and I’m currently a special education teacher in Kindergarten. I’ve been married going on 8 years and we love all things outdoors! 
  • josied11josied11 member
    edited October 2022
    Introduce yourself: My name is Josie, 30 years old and my partner is 31. We both come from large families, enjoy cooking and the outdoors when the weather cooperates.

Due date: Feb 23

How you found out: I started complaining about getting really phlegmy and BIL suggested maybe I was pregnant, he's studying to be a Dr, and long story short we were 😃.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?One son, 2 years old, one dog a shepherd cross 4 years old. I'm a little sad because I think this will be our last little one and I want to enjoy every part of the pregnancy,  even the not so enjoyable parts of it 🙂.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally): Finally most of the nausea is gone, woohoo. I've found that it takes less to annoy me this time around, as husband and MIL have started to point out. haha.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! My name is Madison and im 21 years old. I live near Grand Rapids Michigan with my two pups. 

Due date: February 9 2023

How you found out: Took two pregnancy tests around my 6 week mark.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Im 21, recently switched jobs to be a server to accommodate, I have a boyfriend and have a great support system from all angles. I have two dogs; a german and a lab-pit. I am a lover of the moon and stars but really bad at anything astrology. I enjoy exercising and being active. I didn't really know how this discussion board or app worked for the past 6 months lol But im here to try to find a community that's understanding and not judgmental.. High anxiety about trying to find that.  

Ive had so many symptoms and they all have had their own time frame. nausea, migraines, joint paint, constipation, cramping in legs, and newly back pain. Ive struggled a lot with emotional side but just keep working on that 😁 

• Welcome Madison! I’m glad you are joining our community! 
  • Hi Madison! No judgment here for struggling with the physical or the emotional parts. Pregnancy is challenging, and feeling alone through it must be so much worse. I’m glad you’re here, and I hope you find the community you need here.
  • stg116usstg116us Just Joined
    I'm february 2nd too! Third trimester next week!
  • Hi everyone, my name is Maye. My expected due date is February 23, 2023. I found out on June 18 (Father's Day) and this is actually how I ended up telling my husband that we were expecting.

As someone who has grown up with irregular menstruation cycles, that time around felt completely different so I took 2 tests which came out positive. But being the skeptic that I am, took another test for confirmation.

I have 4 dogs, (3 big ones and a dachshund). Bella, our 11 month old Saint Bernard, absolutely loves resting her head on my belly now that she can feel baby move. This will be mine and my husband's first child and we're really excited to meet the little one.

Other than the typical back ache that comes and goes, not a whole lot of symptoms are happening currently. Emotionally I'm in a great head space. Physically, I'm tired 😅