February 2023 Moms
Options

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Options
    Caitlin, 35, second time mom

Due date: **unofficially Feb 18**

How you found out: OTC pregnancy test, but I have had sore breasts for WEEKS!

I am a high school SpEd teacher, I have a 6(almost 7yo) daughter. My husband of 13 years is also a teacher, middle school math. We have a 13 year old pocket beagle named Peanut. I suffer from PCOS, endometriosis, hashimotos and have one blocked Fallopian tube. Took me 4 years (many medications, procedures, and acupuncture) to get pregnant with my daughter, and another 4 years for this one. 

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Just the breast pain. Had one day of nausea a week ago, but wasn’t completely sure then. 
  • Options
    cmbaldwin08cmbaldwin08 member
    edited June 2022
    We have been trying, unsuccessfully for 4 years. I had the HSG done May 20. Had one tube blocked. Fast forward to yesterday, positive OTC test. Congratulations!!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vka205vka205 member
    Due date: approx last week of feb- 3/1/23

How you found out:

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): We have a dog, both nurses, married.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?- Had 2 days of severe nausea that suddenly dissipated. Now I'm super hungry 24/7, sensitive to smells, peeing a lot, boobs hurt so bad it prevents sleep, and I have insomnia. 

• Options
    St0v3sSt0v3s member
    @cmbaldwin08 what do you teach? I’m a high school emotional disability teacher so all of my students have either ED or OHI as their IEP category. I also have experience as an LD teacher and co taught Algebra 1 & Biology 

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Last year, I co-taught Algebra. I am slated to teach self contained Alg 1 this coming year (if I pass the praxis). My building is all inclusion. We have city-wide special programs on a different building. (My school has 4 campuses). 
  • Options
    Hi, I’m Bianca! I live in Orange, Connecticut — if you happen to be in the CT area, I’d be happy to connect. My husband in from CT but I’m originally from San Diego, but moved to CT 6 years ago for work (I’m a creative sports marketing producer).

Due date: February 21, 2023

How you found out: Took a test early on since we were trying for a baby — I was inspired to test particularly early because we had a Disney World trip and I wanted to know if I had to avoid certain rides/foods. It was fun, because I surprised my husband with the news at Disney World!

Other things about me: I’m a “dog mom” to a lovable Australian Shepherd named Rollo. I can’t wait to see how much he falls in love with our future bundle of Joy. My husband and I are Newlyweds — after postponing twice due to the pandemic — Grateful we finally married August of 2021.

I’m 6 weeks today and I’m beyond excited yet anxious since it’s still early— I can’t wait to see the ultrasound so that it can truly sink in. Felt nauseous for the first time last night into this morning, but I’m embracing the growing pains because it means THIS IS HAPPENING! 😍

***Sending well wishes to all the February 2023 Expecting Moms!! ♥️✨***
  • Options
    Hello I’m Haja!

32, Currently in California with first pregnancy. Estimated due date Feb 8th. My husband lives in France and we’re currently going through the visa process so fingers crossed that he gets here before baby! 

I started feeling symptoms about 10 days before my missed period. Naturally I just couldn’t wait to take a test because I’m pretty regular and typically start getting physical symptoms only a few days before my period starts max. Took a test at 9 days out (I know, I know lol), then took it again at 5 days out and got the positive result! 

I’m very excited and can’t wait for my first appt (July 7th), which will hopefully ease some of my worries. 

I have ADHD so I’ve been struggling without my meds but hoping this calm down after the first trimester. If there are any mommies out there experiencing the same please share what you’ve been doing to cope! 

Congrats to all, can’t wait to see this community thrive 🥰
  • Options
    @crispy11 I also have 5 and the oldest is 11! Congrats! :)
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy I just noticed that in another thread! You have that 7 year old I’m missing to complete my every 2 year set 😂
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    @crispy11 well you'll have the 2 year old. Lol we just have our gap in a different spot.
  • Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you all! I'm Jenny, currently from eastern NC, but moving back to western WA state near Seattle in a few months. I'm 38, so one of the AMA ladies ;) 

Due date: Either 2/25 or 2/26. We implanted a day 6 embryo and I've heard different things from the nurses about whether they count the extra day, not that it really matters!

How you found out: I can never wait for my beta HCG, so started testing on 6/14, 4 days after our embryo transfer and got our positive. Confirmed with betas 10dpt on 6/20 (236) and 12dpt 6/22 (765). 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): We have one son who will be 4 in November. I work as a small animal GP / urgent care vet. My husband is retiring from the military in September and we finally get to move back home to WA for good! In the middle of the job hunt which is exciting but hard from across the country. We love to get outdoors - mountain biking, hiking, running, kayaking, etc - so excited to being moving away from the extreme summer heat and humidity! I was just out in WA and even 80/90 degrees there feels so much nicer than it does here...

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?: Very tired and occasional mild nausea, but not much yet. I'm excited and hopeful, but still very cautious and trying to stay a little detached. 

*TW - loss and infertility*

We have been dealing with the infertility roller coaster and had a couple losses, so trying not to get too attached yet. Our son was an IUI baby after 2 years of trying. We got pregnant again on our own in early 2020, but had a MMC discovered at 9wks (D&C 3/2020). After that went through 4 IUI and two IVF retrieval cycles until the 2nd FET stuck and seemed to be doing great until 13wks. I felt like something was off and peeked at him with my own ultrasound at work (OB said this was OK occasionally to help ease my anxiety) and he didn't have a heartbeat anymore. Confirmed at OB office. No symptoms so technically another MMC (D&C 10/2021). We had two more failed FETs (early chemical pregnancies) and this little boy was our final embryo. All implanted were PGS normal and decent grades, so no great explanation for the losses or implantation failures. The last two FETs the RE added lovenox injections to my protocol - all of the coagulation and other recurrent loss/failure bloodwork was normal, but she said it was worth a try! Hoping this last little guy is our lucky rainbow baby. 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: Hi! My name is Natalie. So thrilled to be part of this group. :)

Due date: February 26th, 2023 <3

How you found out: I took a pregnancy test the day I was supposed to get my period and BAM, two lines. I was shocked and in disbelief because my husband and I were just going to start fertility treatment. I took another test and same thing, two lines, and they were so dark! HCG was darker than control. I couldn’t believe it. Maybe it was the HyCoSy I had this month that made me extra fertile? :p

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): We have two fur babies. Our kitties are amazing, Fury and Nala. I work as Director of Operations in a Private School and he works as a Master Technician for an Automotive Company. We both enjoy traveling, hiking, and spending time with our families… It’s been so hard not telling them yet! :#

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?: I definitely feel pregnant! I am extremely tired and my back has been aching. My morning sickness usually kicks in around 1 AM which kind of sucks because I’m up for a few hours then… The abdominal cramps scare me just because after trying for over a year I’m always scared I’m going to start bleeding… Anyone else? :|
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    @jennykatedvm yay for WA! I'm in the Seattle area as well, with a five year old and infertility issues! Welcome home, and congratulations!
  • Options
    @nwshay Thank you!! Congrats to you too! So very excited to be coming back to the PNW :D 
    At some point you'll have to fill me in on the hospitals and OB/midwife practices in the area. Right now considering the midwives at Swedish/First Hill so we'll be near the high level NICU just in case...
  • Options
    Hi all!

This is my first pregnancy, my husband and I had been trying for about 3 months. I found out on June 7th (was very happy and shocked) and I’m thinking I’m 7w2d - I’ll be due 2/14. A Valentine’s Day baby!

I’ve been worried because I am not experiencing many noticeable symptoms. Other than some soreness, I can’t say I’ve felt any different. I don’t have my first US until 7/14 which feels like a long time from now! Should I be concerned that I haven’t been feeling nauseous or anything so far?

Praying for a healthy pregnancy for each of you and very thankful for this community and support!
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    @jennykatedvm I can help with some research! I live on an island and I can go to Tacoma, or Seattle, I lean toward Tacoma personally, since it's not as busy. But I know tons of moms here who have delivered in Seattle, and I'm friends with several midwives on the island. I would be happy to ask!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I am excited to join this community as I am pregnant for the first time and SO happy yet terrified! I found out very early on about 6 weeks ago and I am now a little over 8 weeks. I had my first appointment last week and we heard the heartbeat and saw the embryo moving around a bit, absolutely wild to see! Overall I am feeling fine aside from the to be expected symptoms (constipation is definitely the worst one I am experiencing as of now as I had issues with this before pregnancy). I am also feeling quite anxious and stressed as my husband and I are currently living in the UK for this job and desperately want to move back to the US closer to family before baby comes though this is completely dependent on his job in order for him to get a green card and health insurance coverage as I am (crazily) not able to enroll for personal health insurance until enrollment period in January…so this huge uncertainty and feeling unsettled has caused quite a bit of worry and stress from day to day. I am hoping we get some good news soon and feel more at peace.

I am wishing everyone all the health and happiness!

Xx
  • Options
    Hi I’m Jasmine my due date is February 5th (still being determined). I missed my period and decided to take a test after being 9 days late. I’m married and have three children 1 boy and 2 girls. Recently finding out that there isn’t just one baby but there are two in there 😳 I’m still in shock. Twins don’t run in my family and I’ll be having the first set. I have many emotions because instead of putting me at 4 kids I jumped from 3 to 5. It’s a little scary honestly. I do have a lot of support however so I’ll make the best of it! My main symptom has been extreme fatigue. I’m ALWAYS TIRED 🥱
  • Options
    Hello my name is Janelle and I am due Feb 28 so barely made the month of February. This is my second pregnancy. I have been married for about 7 years and have a boy that will be 3 in August. I was late to my period by a couple days and was like surely I am not pregnant. I have been wanting to get pg for the past year but my husband was not ready. So I am very excited but trying to get him that way. I have been having having nausea every day from about lunch until I go to bed. Very bloated feeling and my boobs are very sensitive. Very interested in learning about you all and sharing our pregnancy journeys together. 
  • Options
    andah_andah_ member
    edited July 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! I am Amanda and I am 8 weeks and 6 days pregnant with my first child! I am beyond excited! 

Due date: 2/08/23

How you found out: On the second month of tracking my cycle and ovulation, it was June 12th and I was testing myself frequently because I was desperate for a positive test. Even after my missed period, I still received negative tests. After being bummed and deciding we would try again next month, I woke up and just tested myself for no reason and it was positive! And I did 2 more tests just to be sure!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?). I am 30 years old, I have an amazing and supportive husband. This will be our first child! We have two fur babies, a chihuahua mix and a husky mix. We are both in the military and we are currently living in California, the Sacramento metropolitan area.

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)? Extreme fatigue, very sore breasts, small and short waves of nausea, only 1 or 2 food aversions, spotting, cramping. Also very needy and emotional, moody.
  • Options
    codexcodex member
    Introduce yourself: hi I’m Jamie from Nova Scotia Canada

Due date: unofficially February 14 (based on last period)

How you found out: I honestly thought I had COVID. I woke up one Monday morning feeling like crap so I figured I’d take a rapid COVID test which was negative and then on a whim took a pregnancy test which was positive! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    We had a miscarriage last summer at 5.5 weeks so this pregnancy has been so stressful but exciting.  I’ve been seeing a therapist for that which has been helping a lot. 
    My husband and I have been married for 5 years and we have a dog. I work at a nonprofit organization doing bookings and the like. 
    I enjoy reading (usually fantasy, sci fi, fiction) and gardening which I’m not supposed to do anymore :(

How are you feeling 
    nauseous and exhausted! 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

hi my name is michaela!

Due date:

february 7th 2023

How you found out:

i was approx. 9 days late getting my period and decided to test! i got my boyfriend to pick up some test on the way home from work and he got home and said ‘i got the good ones so we will know for sure’(; i did the test, waited 2 minutes and then checked, to a surprise kinda but not really we seen a positive test! there was so much shock and excitement all at once!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

I’m 21 years old, turning 22 this july! my boyfriend and i have a little puppy, he’s a chocolate golden doodle that’s 4 months old! i just graduated with a bachelors degree in science in agriculture. i have a huge passion for yoga and mediation, i am currently working on completed my 200 hour yoga instructors course! my boyfriend and i have been together 3 years and are so excited to be expanding our growing family!

How are you feeling (any symptoms, Emotionally)?

emotionally i’m feeling good, just so many changes but the ongoing support i have is so helpful! my nausea has been continuously getting worse through the weeks, only have gotten physically sick a handful of times but the nausea can be down right debilitating! fatigue is beating me up and making me love my afternoon naps. stuffy nose has begun as well! so many new changes happening in my body but it’s a beautiful thing and im feeling so blessed.
  • Options
    @jennykatedvm I hope that all works out with this little one. It's hard after looses especially after everything you've been through. My friends tell me to stay positive but still I want to see and check after my previous loss week just to make sure. I had a previous loss at almost 12 weeks. Spontaneous complete miscarriage after being at the doctor that same day and everything was good. 
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    Hi fellow february 2023 moms to be! I'm KP, 31 years old and pregnant with my first.

How I found out: Home pregnancy test x 2

Due date: Unofficially february 20th

About me: I work in healthcare research but switching jobs soon to work in implementation/change management (and yes, feeling super anxious about telling my new boss that I will go on 7 months maternity leave only 4.5 months after starting!). I have been with the father, 34, IT-professional, for a bit over a year, lived together for about six months. In my spare time I play tennis, run, spend time with friends and family. No pets, but we are hoping to get a puppy this winter. Unsure if baby or dog will come first. :smiley:

How I feel - miserable, haha! Nauseous, exhausted, strange eating habits, and then a bit more exhaustion and more nausea. I also need to replace my sports bra as running is a bit of a pain at the moment. I am also a hormonal wreck, snapping at my boyfriend, unable to make life decisions (which house and car to buy etc) without feeling thoroughly overwhelmed. Fortunately s.o. is the most patient man I know 😀 Counting down to 2nd semester and enjoying the fact that I have 3 weeks off work so I can sleep all the time!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and sharing experiences with people who are at a similar stage of their pregnancy ❤
  • Options
    @Kiwiviv137 welcome!! MH and I just moved away from NYC. I miss it so much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi I’m Shelby - 32 yrs old - 4th pregnancy. 
    right now my due date is Valentine’s Day but that may change at my first US on the 13th of July. 
    We found out we were expecting at a friends destination wedding in Cabo! The drinks were making me feel nauseous so I know something was up and decided to get a test while there. 

We have a 7yr old boy, 4.5 yr old girl, 14month old boy & a cat named Whiskey. 

I have been feeling very fatigue and at first I was very nauseated and anything I ate came back up. Now though, just very tired. 
    I have been waiting for my first appt since June 13th so these weeks waiting to get an US/ blood work done are killing me. Hoping for good news!!
  • Options
    @skibunnie2 I always take it as a good sign if you're feeling symptoms! Not everyone has symptoms but if you do, that's an indication that things are moving along  :) Congratulations!
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @skibunnie2 I obsess the same if I don't keep crazy busy. So I suppose keep crazy busy all the time, haha :smiley: (Literally - whenever I'm not sleeping, I'm out of the house!). Maybe this is the time for (easier) hiking, camping and paddleboarding aplenty?
    Also I reverse the numbers in my head whenever I do fall into the Google trap and read frightening numbers. If there's a 20% risk of loss, I remind myself that means there's an 80% chance of all being well, which sounds much better to me. 'If it were the other way around I'd never presume to belong to the 20% who made it, so why would I not be positive', you know? Simple, but it works for me!

I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for your ultrasound ❤
  • Options
    Hi ! First time human mom, seasoned pom mom 🐶. Feeling super excited and nervous but mostly excited 😆. Found out via early first response digital because I felt weird. Lol. 
  • Options
    salmabah said:
    Hello I’m Haja!

32, Currently in California with first pregnancy. Estimated due date Feb 8th. My husband lives in France and we’re currently going through the visa process so fingers crossed that he gets here before baby! 

I started feeling symptoms about 10 days before my missed period. Naturally I just couldn’t wait to take a test because I’m pretty regular and typically start getting physical symptoms only a few days before my period starts max. Took a test at 9 days out (I know, I know lol), then took it again at 5 days out and got the positive result! 

I’m very excited and can’t wait for my first appt (July 7th), which will hopefully ease some of my worries. 

I have ADHD so I’ve been struggling without my meds but hoping this calm down after the first trimester. If there are any mommies out there experiencing the same please share what you’ve been doing to cope! 

Congrats to all, can’t wait to see this community thrive 🥰
    Haja I have adhd too and I am struggling as well ! 
  • Options
    Thanks, I do need to stay busy. This past week was easier as we were away on vacation but now I'll be home and off work for the next few. Time to plan some activities! And yes I like the idea of looking at the positive odds. Thanks for the ideas and reminders!