September 2022 Moms

gripe fest, 5/9

!@*($&!*@$&!$*
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: gripe fest, 5/9

• I just had a big sneeze and my sinuses, temples, and head in general started hurting. FML.
    Also, the students in this period are really exhausting my head but I have a great relationship with them and really don't want to be grumpy with them.
  • Why, hello, sciatica, how I've missed you!
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm still so epically mad at this stinking placenta for deciding to live in the front! Why?!? For the love of all that's holy, I want to feel all the kicks and punches! I would also really like hubby to feel it, too. Ugh stupid placenta. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So my 2 year old has every symptom listed below. Every. Single. Symptom. After 3 days of no sleep my husband and I brought him in today. I BEGGED for a strep swab. BEGGED. The provider told me she could get in trouble for it because it’s against recommendations. His test came back POSITIVE before I even got home. Makes me so mad! Also it was awful, he threw up all over my husband and I and the floor in the office. He feels awful and has for the last 3 days (happy Mother’s Day, right?) #1 hospital in the world right???? UGH! 
  • @foreveronyourside why did they not want to test him? That seems really strange, from a kid who had strep so much she got her tonsils removed at 6 years old. 
  • @foreveronyourside sorry you had to deal with that. Hope kiddo feels better soon:(
  • @jhysmath They told me they don’t test under 3 because it’s uncommon for them to be positive! What a joke right? I had my tonsils removed at 20 because I had strep SO MUCH! 
  • My give a damn is completely busted today.  I just want to sleep.  And work-drama people need to find new hobbies.
    Current pregnancy -

• laj0217laj0217 member
    @kboydbowman can you shut the door and turn off the lights? That usually discourages at least a few people over here. Some of my coworkers are on to me though 😂
  • I found mouse turds in the kitchen drawers right before I was going to go to bed last night. The clever little fuckers had jammed our trap with a piece of plastic so it couldn't trigger. There are exactly two spots where they can get in - where the kitchen sink is (which is an open space that connects to the drawers) and where the bathroom sink is. To express my passionate loathing of vermin is not enough. I am thankful my husband cleaned all the knives and eating utensils, but I got so frustrated that after using the last Clorox wipe in a container to wipe out the empty drawers, I accidentally dumped the remaining liquid all over myself and had to wash my clothes immediately so they wouldn't get ruined. The washer is next to our bed. 
    In a way, we got really lucky because hubbs had a closer look under the sink and found that the water heater fittings have been leaking hot and cold water under there. That could be catastrophic for the RV, so I know I'm thankful for us having the reason to find it. Hubbs is able to fix most anything (from my perspective, at least) and so now it can be dealt with instead of continuing to harm our RV.

@foreveronyourside I think I was 3 or 4 when I had strep, but it was the 90s in Sweden so my parents stayed up with me all night outside on the balcony, bat-watching, making me drink small sips of liquid to keep my throat hydrated. I don't think I got any medication for it so it probably wasn't "too bad" (although I remember it was awful, 30 years later!) or I would have gone to the hospital. If you're there and the symptoms fit, I don't understand why they wouldn't test! FRUSTRATING! Good on you for standing your ground!
  • @laj0217
    sadly my office is in a "cube farm."  No door, and turning off the lights would affect 10 other people lol
    Current pregnancy -

• @foreveronyourside my sister would get it as a baby/toddler all the time but would never cry about it. The only reason my mom knew was she ended up with the rash after the fact. I must say I remember how terrible strep was, and I'm happy my tonsils were taken out young. I haven't had an issue with it since then. My husband got his out at 12, I'm assuming our kids will have strep a lot too. 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @kboydbowman that sucks!

@foreveronyourside that’s so silly! Especially if they had all the symptoms. I got strep my whole dang life. Finally had my tonsils out 2 years ago. Best decision! 
  • I'm going to throw something. I've just spent the last 1.5 hours fighting with the internet. The middle school students are all testing on their computers so our internet keeps going out, or it's wicked slow. I finally got some of the things done I needed to and ready to print, only to find out I can't print because the internet doesn't stay on long enough to send to the machine. I've gotten nothing school related done, though I started making a packing list as my husband wants to get stuff packed this weekend, as he'll be taking the first load back two weeks from today. 
  • Ugh...Kaiser runs "CenteringPregnancy" classes that I'm supposed to be taking in addition to regular appointments, but they didn't have me join them earlier "because of all the uncertainty" and now I've missed 4 sessions. Super helpful of them. I think they weren't super relevant and I'm sure I can catch up, but I really dislike the fact that being "high risk" seems to increase our chances of falling through the cracks...you'd think, if anything, that it should decrease those chances.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @lilienne Do you have to attend them? I’m just wondering if it’s not at all optional. It sounds super weird to have something mandatory and not make you go even with uncertainty.
  • @pangolindrome they're optional, but they're also my opportunity to meet other local women who will be having babies around the same time as me. It's also an opportunity to meet some of the midwives and staff who might be on shift when I go into labor, or when they induce. They're also a chance for additional fetal monitoring, as they do a virtual education session on Weds night and then a drop-in Thursday clinic to see everyone in person.

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• melyraemelyrae member
    One of my classes just plain sucks. I can’t wait til the semester is over and I don’t have to teach them anymore. 
  • @laj0217 @jhysmath @pangolindrome Just to add insult to injury he also tested positive for RSV yesterday… and my husband is now sick 
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    @foreveronyourside ugh! Hoping for a speedy recovery for both. You’re the expert on your family -  I wish doctors agreed!
  • @foreveronyourside Awww poor kid! That’s miserable!
  • @lilienne I am in the "centering" classes. If yours is following our same schedule you shouldn't have a lot to catch up on- We had someone join our last session. I honestly find this community more helpful than centering but its nice to see people face to face over zoom. 
  • I some how put my phone in my pocket Werth my headphone case and smashed my screen. Like indented smashed not cracked. I went online and bought a new phone today and it said it would be here the 13th. When I checked out, it said the 17th so I'm a tad bit annoyed. 
  • There is a 2nd grader in the health room singing some made up songs at the top of her lungs and she won't stop. She does not know how to hold a tune lol
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    My Levis are going to be relegated to post-partum pants in about half a second. I hope I can make it through tomorrow while wearing them... or not. I have a second pair of pants that have the full panel, thanks to a friend. The belly band has been great and I LOVE how the pants fit, but now my bump crossed some line and scoots the band down, making it very hard to keep my pants up and pretty dang uncomfortable.
    They'll be amazing post-partum and for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter... and any other time I like to eat a lot... until the day they fall apart.

I am so uncomfortable right now. An hour until I can go home.
  • Ugh took the girls to swim but the black flies are awful and we'll have to leave even though they're having so much fun. 
  • Woke up today with a cold... thankfully not covid. Any super secret home remedies to help my achy throat and stuffy nose? 
  • @mamamoomoo12 Rinse your sinuses, use distilled water. Also, for throat, boil a lemon in 1 cup of water (peeled), add grated ginger, and once it cools, add honey until it is sweet. It's a great tonic for soothing an angry throat.
  • @mamamoomoo12 we use tea with honey. @pangolindrome's suggestions sounds good too!
  • @mamamoomoo12 in addition to what the ladies above said, I also add slices of lemon to my hot tea with honey and then eat the lemon at the end .. rind and all. I know it doesn’t sound great, but it does relieve a sore throat at least a little bit. But I also love lemons so to me this is delicious 😅 also, if you have a humidifier at home, run it on high near your side of the bed to help your sinuses while you sleep. 
  • thank you! Just got some lemons and fresh honey so I will make myself a little something! I literally got a cold, hemorrhoids and constipated all on the same day! So not cool.
  • Unpopular opinion: I'm glad I'm not getting a 3d US because I don't like looking at them. They freak me out.

@mamamoomoo12 Awesome on the lemons and honey, huge boo on misery enjoying its company.
    Note: Obviously, don't eat the rind unless they are organic.
  • @mamamoomoo12 ha, why am I not surprised the "centering" classes aren't the best? ;) Thanks for the info! I'm not too worried about missing the sessions, to be honest, I'm just grumpy that they left me out. Also, it would be nice to meet one or two local moms who have due dates around the same time as mine. As for finding this community more helpful, I'm not surprised at all! We lucked into a great group when we ended up with September due dates. :) I have no advice for the stuffy nose, but I'm yet another fan of hot water with honey and lemon juice for a sore throat. I hope you feel better soon!

@jhysmath what a pain! I hate having issues with my phone, I use it so much that I get really cranky when something is wrong with it. I hope it comes in early, somehow!

• @mamamoomoo12 noooo, not hemorrhoids and constipation too 😢 I hope you get relief soon! 
  • @lilienne this group is worth its weight in gold! I am actually meeting one of fellow bump group members in a couple weeks! We live about 30 min away from each other and have connected a lot outside of the group! My centering group- I can't imagine wanting to get together with any of them.

Here's to hot water, lemon and honey!
  • I suspect @lilienne and I will find a way to hang out at some point!  We're four hours apart but have a lot in common.  Yay The Bump!
    Current pregnancy -

• @mamamoomoo12
    I think you jinxed me - I appear to be developing a touch of either bronchitis or sinusitis.  Lots of chunky yellow stuff.
    Current pregnancy -

• @mamamoomoo12 for a sore throat, you can also gargle pickle juice. The vinegar and salt combo is really soothing. You can just make salt and vinegar water but pickle juice is way better imo
  • Popping in here because DAYUM. What a week. We've had several rounds of storms and torrential rains since Monday and the drain outside the ground-level door into the house was clogged with dirt, rocks, leaves and sticks. So...the water pooled up outside the door instead of draining away from the house. That led to water gushing into the house multiple times throughout the week. We spent the past 2 days mopping up water, dirt and trying to keep things dry. I am tired, sore, and beyond pissed off at mother nature right now. We finally had a chance to "snake" out the drain pipes yesterday afternoon and cleared them, so the storm that rolled through late last night wasn't an issue for interior flooding. 
  • @mnmomma84 glad you were able to get that drain situated, so last nights rains didn't follow suit. I've never seen hail three days in a row like this! Not that I can remember anyway. I'm so glad it's sunny today!