December 2022 Moms
Options

IVF December moms-to-be

2»

Re: IVF December moms-to-be

• Options
    Ivf momma too.

I had a 5d transfer on april 4th. Bfn 7 days later on a pee stick. But positive the next. First beta was 88 then 262. First ultrasound will be on may 5th at 7w+1.

Prior to this FET, we had 9 iui. Then, a chemical pregnancy at our first FET in 2020. We took a mental break and a health break as I was beginning to have pre diabetes. 

We're cautiously happy but also very scared to loose the baby and have to do it all again. 

We have a 5yo son conceived by iui.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Hi ladies, I had my first FET on April 7th, presently I am 4w4d confirmed pregnant with my HCG levels. I had something happen to me and wout like to know if any has experience the same. My first hcg test result was 510, my second two days later was 318 and my third another 2 days later 1750. My doctor said the drop could happen but isn't common. As for symptoms I don't have much aside from cramping. Has anyone experienced this drop and hcg? Did the pregnancy continue normally and with a healthy baby?
    Just nervous for US and really hoping to hear heartbeat!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been spotting since Thursday & have been freaking out. I passed a small clot (smaller than my finger nail), had a bit of red blood, then back to brown spotting. I have a sonogram tomorrow (6 weeks + 4 days) to make sure everything is ok 😭😭😭
  • Options
    Good luck!!! I had just a tiny bit of pink and then brown, now it's gone. Hope all goes well. 
  • Options
    all is well!! I heard the heartbeat 💚

I have a Subchorionic hematoma which is causing the bleeding
  • Options
    Amazing!! Yeah I had that with my son and it resolved itself. 
  • Options
    saraksaraksaraksarak member
    edited April 2022
    Hi ladies, nice to meet you all! It’s my first time doing IVF. I’m 4 weeks and 2 days. Going in for a second blood test this Friday and can’t wait for the ultrasound. Am nervous/excited!
  • Options
    Anyone else going through beta hell or just me? Just had my 4th beta and nurses said it's not where they want it to be. Have my 5th beta scheduled for Monday then US at 7weeks
  • Options
    Warriors - Curious when you are transitioning from your IVF clinic to a obgyn?

I am actually nervous about it as our IVF clinic knows us intimately (emotionally, financially, physically lol!) and the idea of selecting the “right” next doctor is intimidating 

@christmascheesecake - wishing you good luck for the 5th beta. It’s so hard to wait between beta tests so virtual hand hold 

@saraksarak - welcome and ditto on nervous excitement <3
  • Options
    eswoopseswoops member
    Hey IVF mommas! I’m new to this board (have been too nervous to post!). After ~4 years of seeing our RE and numerous treatments, this was our first round of IVF. Retrieval was 3/31 and did fresh transfer on 4/5. I was almost in disbelief when I got a positive beta. My due date is 12/22. I had my first U/S last Thursday at 6wks and got to hear a heartbeat (it made me cry!) but my doc wants me to come back in at 7wks to ensure everything is progressing as expected. She said at that point, assuming all looks good, I would “graduate” to a normal OB-GYN. This is the farthest we’ve gotten EVER, I’ve had 2 early MCs last year, so while I’m nervous, I’m trying to stay hopeful and cautiously optimistic!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Amazing!! Congrats!! I'm currently 7+5 weeks and feeling more nauseous. I had an early scan that showed no ectopic (too early to see babe) and have one on Wednesday. I'm super anxious as I had two hours of bleeding and clots last Tuesday. Doctor did blood work and said the numbers were amazing so I remain optimistic since I'm still symptomatic. 

Either way I'll feel way better once I see a heartbeat. Waiting for these scans is brutal. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Congratulations @eswoops. Looks like we are transfer buddies  :# I'm going for US next week. It's make or break for me
  • Options
    Congratulations @eswoops you have to stay hopefull but I can understand being uneasy at at the same time. My due date is 12/23. My FET was april 7. I have my ultrasound on Thursday coming and I'm super nervous and excited. I already had one 10 days ago to make sure everything was OK and it was a viable pregnancy. In that ultrasound we saw two sacs but only one had a yolk sac forming. Doctors said it's still to early to tell if second will be viable. Hopefully we hear a heartbeat on Thursday 🤞
    Id like to know if any of you are experiencing barely any symptoms like I am? I have some. cramping. and mild bloating but nothing else. this concerns me. I know each pregnancy is different but I just don't feel pregnant at all. it makes me worried that something is wrong. 😔
  • Options
    I've had some nausea, boobs sore on and off and bad heartburn, but definitely nothing like I had with my son and I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. 

I had some bleeding last week too so naturally it's made me more paranoid. Unfortunately my 8 week scan tomorrow has to be rescheduled because my son has tested positive for COVID. 

Hang in there! Every pregnancy is different. 
  • Options
    eswoopseswoops member
    Thinking of you @christmascheesecake! Sending lots of good vibes for your scan!!
  • Options
    eswoopseswoops member
    Congrats @positivelywaiting4baby! So up until the 7wk point (which I hit last Thursday 5/5) I really didn’t have many symptoms except having to pee more (like 2x) during the night. It’s not really been until this weekend that I’ve started to sort of feel a bit queasy (not full on nausea though). I hope your U/S went well and you received good news, thinking of you!!
  • Options
    IVF momma here! Baby #4 via FET on March 29. 2 boys from FETs and one from a surprise spontaneous pregnancy. 
  • Options
    My US  last week confirmed two strong eats so I'm super happy. @eswoops How ylare you getting along with everything? Have you had another US? Ill be 7w tomorrow so let's see if I start feeling other symptoms. I'll keep you posted. 
  • Options
    How is everyone else doing with there meds? I am looking forward to stop taking them all together. When do your docs start weaning you off? And when do you officially stop seeing ivf dovtor? 
  • Options
    eswoopseswoops member
    @positivelywaiting4baby that’s so exciting! Congratulations! :) Also thanks for checking in! Had another U/S today (8w1d) and it went well - I even got to “graduate” from my fertility clinic and made my first appointment with an OB next week. It still feels surreal! My RE wants to keep me on Endometrin for a few more weeks (weaning me off by 11wks) Ready to be done with that haha!
  • Options
    LeahyhmLeahyhm member
    Hi ladies! Wanted to pop in and say hello! Currently 8w2d after 3rd FET! Used our last two embryos so we’re ecstatic and hopeful! Had a 7w ultrasound and baby was measuring a day ahead with a strong heartbeat. Now I’m anxiously awaiting my 10 week scan! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jateim7jateim7 member
    IVF momma here too! This is my first and I’m so nervous! 5 day Transfer was done on April 4th, due December 20!
  • Options
    Congrats @Leahyhm and @jateim7 !!!
    I’m 9w 2d with my first (and second! - identical twins). FET was Mar 30 and due date is 12/16. We graduated our IVF team after the 6 week US and we have our first appt with OB on Monday. So nervous too, but I’ve been sick as a dog so fingers crossed it’s a good sign!!! Good luck ladies - so happy we all got to where we are!
  • Options
    Me too!  It took me so long to decide to go for it, but now I'm realizing how many women are on this journey.  I'll be the second mom at my job who is a single mother by choice and there's another woman who's going to try in a few months.  (For reference there are about 70 women who work at my job.)  I'm 7 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and it's going really well so far.  I'm due Dec 28th.  How has it been for you? 
  • Options
    9w6d and haven’t had a scan since 6w4d. In a couple days I’ll have another scan and I’m anxious even though it’s not my first rodeo. And I’ve been sooo nauseous but still able to avoid actual vomit. But yuck. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies! So happy to have found this board.  My husband and I had to go down the IVF road because I had terrible endometriosis when I was younger. One tube got stuck to the side of my uterus that had to be fixed so my chances for an ectopic were super high. We did one ER in November of 2019 and only had 2 embryos. Fresh transfer failed so we did another ER in March of 2020 (just as Covid was ramping up). Got 3 embryos so froze them all. Just had our first FET on April 14th and it stuck! We had our first US on 5/13 and got to see the heart beat! We officially graduated from our clinic. First appt with regular OB is 6/3. I will be on estrogen for 2 more weeks and pio shots for 4 more. Can't wait for those to end! Congrats to everyone! <3
  • Options
    LeahyhmLeahyhm member
    Congrats @Leahyhm and @jateim7 !!!
    I’m 9w 2d with my first (and second! - identical twins). FET was Mar 30 and due date is 12/16. We graduated our IVF team after the 6 week US and we have our first appt with OB on Monday. So nervous too, but I’ve been sick as a dog so fingers crossed it’s a good sign!!! Good luck ladies - so happy we all got to where we are!
    Wow, twins?! How exciting!!! Congrats! 
  • Options
    mlm771mlm771 member
    Hi everyone! Glad to see this board! We have been ttc for the last 3 years. We just completed our second retrieval and had started downregulating for our fourth FET only to find out somehow we were not only pregnant naturally, but pregnant with twins! After two consecutive miscarriages with IVF, I was pretty nervous but we just had our 8 week scan and both babes are measuring right on track!
  • Options
    PGS & NIPT???

Hello all! I’m 9w tomorrow and have been officially discharged from my fertility center- next appointment is with my ObGyn! My fertility doc recommended I complete a non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) and gave me a referral to speak with a genetic counselor, but we’ve already completed the pre-genetic screening as well as the PGS testing. Is it worth it? My husband thinks it’s a hustle, lol. Anyone here have any thoughts/ recommendations? Thanks for your help ❤️
  • Options
    LeahyhmLeahyhm member
    I have a scan and NIPT test today and am already so nervous! Praying baby looks good 🙏 It was a PGT-A tested embryo so not as nervous about NIPT results but very excited to find out the sex! Wish me luck!! 
  • Options
    I hope all goes well! I’m curious, besides learning the sex, are there other reasons you decided to do an NIPT since you already completed a PGT-A? I’m having a hard time finding out how these two tests differ and was wondering if you had some additional information. Thank you! 
  • Options
    Congrats other IVF Momma Warriors! Nice to meet you. Your stories are all so inspiring. It's not an easy process. DH and I have been trying for 6 years and decided to do the IVF route last year after a MC after IUI. 2nd transfer seems to have stuck! I'm 9 weeks and have been to OB but I'm still having a hard time believing it after so much difficulty. Anyone else feel this way? I'm hoping that it will just get better over time, especially once I start to see a bump. I also am super curious about NIPT; we had PGS as well and the doc thought we still needed it, but didn't seem certain. I am skeptical and think much of it is so that the clinic can make more money. What did everyone that had PGS hear from their clinics? If insurance covers it, I might just do it. Otherwise, maybe not. Idk. DH isn't sure either.
  • Options
    I’ve actually decided not to do it. I canceled my appointment with the genetics counselor. After speaking with my husband, several friends who’ve conceived, and reading this article (https://www.ivi-rmainnovation.com/nipt-after-ivf-pgt-a/) I just decided it wasn’t for me. I certainly don’t think it would hurt anything- if we’d not already completed the PGT-A I think I would! But we just decided it was redundant. I think it ultimately comes down to whatever makes you feel the most comfortable 🙂.