October 2022 Moms

Baby Names

124»

Re: Baby Names

• I actually like "Junie" but both are very cute nicknames. In my experience a nickname will just form itself so maybe just see what you end up calling her naturally if you end up having a girl!
  • My husband’s favorite book has a main character named Juniper and her nickname is Junie. Juniper is a name I have on our long list possibilities.
  • Loading the player...
  • @wileybliss I prefer June to Ginny solely because I wouldn't necessarily want her associated with a major pop culture reference (Harry Potter). Both are cute though! If you love Harry Potter or are down for people making references to it go for it!
  • @wileybliss I like June/Junie to Ginny, but I agree that nicknames sometimes just evolve when baby is here!  Maybe wait until you see her?
  • Literally none of our kids go by the nickname we thought we would call them. 🤣🤣
  • bows22bows22 member
    @wileybliss I like nicknames that have the same first initial as the full name so my vote is June/Junie!
  • My sister also threw Junie in the running this last week, it's truly adorable! I can see how nicknames don't always go as planned... For the people who do use nicknames for their kiddos, how did they come about?
  • We intended to call our oldest "Ellie" because her initials are L.E. and as soon as she was born we hated it immediately. We ended up calling her Lore 90% of the time and that was one nickname I had wanted to avoid. 
    My second has the longest name and we use her full name. We didn't shorten it at all even though we intended on calling her Poppy for short. 
    My third was given his nickname by my second and now that's what we and basically everyone calls him. She shortened his name to Desi, which never occured to me as a nickname. 
  • @krysnicole1022 Lore is such an adorable nickname! Haha I guess I should stop obsessing over the nicknames then 😂 sounds like they happen naturally if they're going to at all
  • @wileybliss jumping in way late to say I love the names and that June or Junie are adorable. My mom is Virginia and her nickname she always goes by is Ginny, which I think is the formal name usually associated with that nickname. Not that it matters all that much, but you might end up correcting people who assume wrong (then again, my mom has to constantly correct people who mishear her name as “Jenny”). 
  • Anyone have any middle name ideas for Colette? Boyfriend loved the name and was always pushing to use it but we could never come up with a good middle name. Really would like to use it now for baby girl, but completely mindblanking on good middle names and it’s driving me crazy 😆
  • @daisyyyy How many syllables is baby's last name? My instinct with Collette is a three or four syllable middle name, but if the last name is long that might be too much. 
  • Is there a feminine form of your boyfriend's name? I think it would be super sweet to have that as her middle name. I personally think Colette is gorgeous. Depending on the last name I think Rose sounds very pretty. 
  • @krysnicole1022 I really like rose with it! It’s a 3 syllable last name, so something shorter would definitely work better. His name isn’t really one you’d easily make feminine sounding which is tricky cause I have thought of that idea, but rose is really cute! 
  • @daisyyyy I love the first name and love Rose with it! It’s beautiful. 
  • @daisyyyy I love Rose with Collette. I'm extremely biased to it as a middle name and we're considering it too. So classic!
  • My husband & I both agreed a while back on Nova Ann if it was a girl but now he is going back on that and wants Nadia Ann. Not sure how I feel about that name.. 
  • I love Nova! Nadia is pretty but Nova is beautiful. Just tell him that you will wait until she's born and that you will think about Nadia but prefer Nova. 
  • @proudmama810 i like Nova Ann- if you do decide to go with Nadia i think you may need to change Ann - it doesn’t flow as well.

What do y’all think of the name Jacob ? Or
    Josh ? 
  • I like Jacob more than Josh but how do you feel about Jake? My brother is Jacob and he legally changed his name to Jake. I have a friend with a Jacob and she constantly fights to have him called Jacob instead of Jake. I think Jacob is an incredibly strong name. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @relizabethp I like them both and they probably would both be on our list if I didn’t have coworkers with the names. I love Jake as a nickname for Jacob though, agree with @krysnicole1022 that I’d only go with Jacob if you are okay with Jake too. 
  • @relizabethp I like both, and I love Jake as a nickname.
  • Thanks- we are fine with Jake! It’s cute and I think it goes well with my daughter’s name- which is Alice 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @relizabethp yes Alice and Jake are perfect together! (Alice and Josh would be great too!)
  • I think we’ve finally settled on a name. 
    We currently have:
    William Russell
    Genevieve Marie
    Alexander Lawrence

We’ve finally settled on Bennett Christopher. 
    We had a girl name picked out (Cassandra Rose), but he through me for a loop and ended up being a 3rd boy, instead of the girl I was convinced he was. We like traditional names, but also ones that aren’t too popular. We also try to incorporate family names (William was my great grandfather, and Russell is the name of my husband’s grandfather. Marie is the middle name of the oldest daughter on my mom’s side, including my mom and myself. Lawrence is my dad’s middle name, and also the name he goes by “Larry”. Christopher is my husband’s middle name, and my mom is Cristina. I’m half-tempted to spell it with no “h” to honor her, but doubt my husband will go for it…)

Our biggest challenges were not using a name of any of our friend’s kids, having too many people that we don’t like so being unable to use those names, and not using a name that ends in “-son” because of our last name. 
    I’m glad I never have to do this again. So much pressure!
  • @KGETS86 the name is beautiful and together they are perfect!
  • I love Bennett. The only thing we've agreed on is that for a middle name so I'm obviously a fan 
  • @krysnicole1022 love that! We were going to do Christopher for the first name, but it’s my cousin’s name, and I know he’ll make comments, so we swapped them. 
  • I love both. Christopher is such a strong name. My second daughter's middle name is Elizabeth in part because of Elizabeth Bennett so we thought it would be a cute little tie in for the second and fourth baby. First name still eludes us.
  • If we were having a girl we were going with Etta, but it's a boy and we are having trouble deciding! I really want Toby, but my husband says it's a dog name 😭
  • bows22bows22 member
    @rachaelivans I really love Toby too but it is my grandmas cats name (not to prove YH’s point 😂). However, if you don’t actually know an animal named Toby then I think it’s fair game!
  • You could go “Tobias” with Toby as a nickname!
  • @daisyyyy my niece is named Colette! Her nickname is Lette which I think is so adorable! They went with a one-syllable middle name (Skye) and I think it flows super nicely!
  • @grahamkm I love the idea of the nickname Lette, that’s adorable!!
  • My husband loves the name Rose after his grandma. I’m on board but I need a perfect middle name. To me, rose is a perfect middle name, not a first. What middle names go well with Rose?
  • @knottie60182562a21a00b4 you could make the name longer like Rosalie or Rosalynn , might be easier for middle names? Rosalie Mae, Rosalynn Jane , Rosalie June, Rosalynn Noelle 
  • My husband and I are really leaning towards the name Elliot Andrew for our little guy … but we can’t decide on the spelling- Elliot v Elliott. I don’t know that it really matters because we like it spelt both ways for different reasons, but we’ve been sitting on this for a month and keep going back and forth and j would really like to be decided before baby comes! Any input on what looks best: 
    Elliot Andrew 
    or 
    Elliott Andrew 
  • @grahamkm I feel like I prefer one 't' because you already have the double 'l' in there. Also instinctively if someone told me their name was Elliot(t) I think I would write it with just the one 
  • I like the single T as well. Elliot is a great name!