October 2022 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    @grubmama Luna Wednesday Darling sounds like a movie hero name from a really neat fantasy.
  • Options
    @grubmama Luna Wednesday is adorable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @grubmama agreed that Luna Wednesday is a great name! Even if you do decide that Luna is too common (I only know 1 kid named Luna though, and it’s a random coworker’s daughter) you should 💯 use Wednesday for the middle name. I love that! 
  • Options
    kat_vegan87kat_vegan87 member
    edited June 2022
    @grubmama - First off, I LOVE your last name! I’m jealous ;)

I second having an extra name just in case. I feel like we just got lucky with our first LO and his name matched him perfectly (Samuel Lewis Cabrera Williams). We decided on Lewis because we met at work (Louie’s) as servers and he was the first baby to come out of two people who met at work there 😍

This baby will Eleanor Joyce Cabrera Williams or Eloise as our backup :) 

im with @pangolindrome because I’m also a teacher and lots of super cute names have been ruined for me. 

@krysni@krysnicole1022 -I vote for Audrey Rose, that is gorgeous! 
  • Options
    So we are pretty set on the first name Violet, but I am absolutely at a loss for a middle name. Everything I think of either sounds like a hillbilly name or a Summer’s Eve product lol. I need something cute but plain I think. Suggestions welcome!
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @siouxieq87 Violet was on our girl list, we were going to use Marie (my middle name). What’s your middle name? That could be an idea?
  • Options
    You can go classic like Jane, Elizabeth, Marie, Nicole, Eleanor etc. Violet Olivia. You can do a lot with Violet (which I love btw).
  • Options
    @siouxieq87 LOVE the name Violet! It was a close contender for our shortlist. Agree that something classic would pair well. My brain automatically goes to regal or British names like Anne, Marie, Elizabeth, Emily, Catherine, maybe Alexandra

A name I'd forgotten recently but love is Sybil. I might float it, but given the likelihood of it being vetoed by DH I'm putting it out there for anyone on the hunt. It means prophetess or oracle, which is pretty epic
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input. <3 I am definitely feeling much better about the full name.  

@krysnicole1022 I vote for Audrey Rose too!

@siouxieq87 I love the name Violet. I think the Violet Marie flows well and sounds romantic.
  • Options
    Please name her Daria!!! @fichey that's one of my all time favorite names. 
  • Options
    ficheyfichey member
    @krysnicole1022 Husband took a while to come around, but it's been on my shortlist for ages!
  • Options
    @fichey I love Daria too!!
  • Options
    @bows22 as a Daria super fan I absolutely hear the La la la. I have a niece named Quinn and I take the opportunity to say "gee Quinn" literally every chance I get.
    You could tell us the two names and not who likes which and we can vote??
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @krysnicole1022 I thought about it but I don’t know if I’m ready to put them in cyberspace yet. I will eventually haha
  • Options
    @bows22 I think that's where we're at which is why I'm really trying to keep a third in my back pocket. Also immediately thought of that show and the excellent deadpan deliveries.
  • Options
    Okay this thread reminded me to properly sit DH down and chat third name options. I went through the full long list of names I've proposed over the years and he chose Abigail and baby kicked when he said it. Then when we looked up the meaning it said "father's joy" or "cause of joy" and he lit up, so that's our third. Annika May, Audrey Rose, Abigail Rose. Looks like we're at least set on her initial!
  • Options
    @krthouse Abigail Rose is beautiful!
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @krthouse I love Abigail!! You have 3 solid options for sure!
  • Options
    @krthouse
    I love them all!
  • Options
    My daughters name is Navy. I’m absolutely in love with the name Scarlett. Is it weird to have 2 kids with colour names? I’m self conscious about it.. 

• Options
    I am starting to really like the name Owen for a boy! 
  • Options
    Owen is a great name!!
    @jennaverhaeghe I don't really associate scarlet with a color immediately. I usually associate it with Scarlett O'Hara and then Miss Scarlett from Clue. Both awesome. I suppose from a literary standpoint it could be associated with the Scarlet Letter but no one really cares about that anymore.
  • Options
    Struggling with the name game — we are finally down to two names and would like some feedback. Be kind as always. :)

Mason Thomas 
    Brody Thomas

Middle name is after my father. 

Thank you!
  • Options
    @jn18010 I love both of those, but I have a soft spot for the name Mason. 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @jn18010 I really like both too, Mason is more my taste but I also think it’s getting pretty popular. 
  • Options
    Mason is decreasing in popularity. It was a top ten name for awhile but now it's number 18. It's popular for a reason though. It's just a nice name. Mason Thomas is a very solid name. 
    Brody is 186. I like Brody but I like Mason more. 
  • Options
    So we already have an Emory Renae (4) I am having a hard time coming up with another girl name that My fiancé will agree on. I really want to stick with another E name. The name that I have fallen in love with is Everleigh Shae. He says he doesn’t hate the name but doesn’t necessarily love it either. Shae is after his best friends sister who passed away a few years ago. I say best friend because they aren’t blood, but they are practically brothers with how close they are. Anyways if anybody has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @mackenziep98 the people we bought our house from had an Elena and I’ve been in love with the name since. Maybe YH would prefer the spelling Everly? But that’s pretty matchy with Emory I guess. 
  • Options
    @mackenziep98 I love Eleanor. And it sounds good with Shae 
  • Options
    @jn18010 I like both, but love Mason!

@mackenziep98 I also love Elena!  and Eloise.
  • Options
    krthousekrthouse member
    edited June 2022
    @mackenziep98 I recently worked with a gal named Eden and love that name. I've also seen the name Ember a few times in uncommon name lists recently, and that would be really pretty with Emory. Also love Eloise, Evelyn, Eva, Ella.
  • Options
    Elenore (however you want to spell it) is a great name. Evangeline is another uncommon but beautiful E name. 
    I have a friend who named her daughter Everleigh. She loved it so much. By the time her daughter turned one she wasn't a fan and they almost exclusively call her Evie. That's what I always think of with that name. (same thing happened with a friend who named her son Maddox) I think the name is very pretty but as someone whose mother gave her a creatively spelled name I would stick with Everly or the alternative.
  • Options
    We're waiting on finding out the gender and have picked out 2 names
    Maverick Wilder (I've dreamed about this name for years)
    Juniper Ivy (love the nature theme here)

When asked, we've told about 20 people about them and I get the same reaction every time... A blank face and "oh" and then the conversation moves on. It hasn't changed me wanting to name my kid either one of these... But it does kind of suck a little. I don't know, my husband and I are in love with them and that's what matters BUT I also wish there was a tiny bit more validation... I guess that's just my own issues. The only thing I hold onto is my sister told me my mom absolutely adores the name Juniper and she never holds back on saying what she thinks so that's been nice. 
  • Options
    @wileybliss I love them!! Truly beautiful. And don't let anyone steal your name joy!

• Options
    edited June 2022
    @wileybliss That is exactly why we didn't tell anyone we know our names. We got a few comments after our girls were born and then a bunch of people trying to shorten them into names they preferred over the names we gave but most people keep their opinions to themselves once the baby is born and actually named officially.  Also for the record Maverick is not an uncommon name so people can shove it. It's number 47 on the SSA baby name. We have a kid named Maverick in our neighborhood. Juniper has steadily risen in popularity over the last decade. So once again...people can just keep their opinions to themselves. Those are clearly names that are well liked for a reason. 
    I think both name choices are solid and if you love them then use it. 
  • Options
    @wileybliss I have a friend with a Maverick and a friend with a Juniper and I adore both names! I love that while they're less common they still have a classic feel to them. Beautiful choices!
  • Options
    @wileybliss, this is why I’m not telling anyone. It’s none of their business and it doesn’t impact them which is why you got those reactions.