May 2022 Moms
Options

Symptoms - February

13»

Re: Symptoms - February

• Options
    @germainejeleed ugh the same thing happens to me 😭 As soon as I stand up I start limping because of the hip pain. The worst is if I sit in my desk chair for too long, but when I remember to use it the ball definitely helps with that!
  • Options
    Gets one headache for the afternoon/evening, immediately worries about pre-e. Why am I this way?! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there, 

I’m starting to panic and stress. I have a 2 year old and miscarried with triplets (at 10 weeks) back in November. Waited one cycle, and surprisingly got pregnant right away. I was having some breast tenderness up until 6+5.. now 7+1 and having no symptoms. Maybe some extra fatigue is the only thing I’m noticing at times. I’ll add, I’m still breastfeeding my child. 
    I’m obviously very concerned about miscarriage again and have an appointment this week with my doctor. 
    Looking for some encouragement and your experiences. 
  • Options
    @b_1029 I could have wrote this myself lol I've always been a huge hypochondriac 
  • Options
    b_1029 said:
    Gets one headache for the afternoon/evening, immediately worries about pre-e. Why am I this way?! 
    I’m like this a lot too. Hugs! 💜💜💜

• Options
    @b_1029 I panic bought a blood pressure monitor last weekend because I had mild headaches and mild hand/foot/facial swelling. 🙈 (BP was normal then, and OB confirmed no protein in urine today lol). I get it! 
  • Options
    We worked quite a bit on the nursery today (prepped the room, took all the doors down, started priming the trim etc) and I need to take more breaks. My entire pubic bone is so sore like I walked 10 miles 😅
  • Options
    @b_1029 DH was complaining about carrying some boxes to his truck today and I was like “anytime you wanna trade your pelvis for mine JUST LET ME KNOW MF” 😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    @b_1029 @MrsLaLaBug why is it so much harder this time around? My back gave out this evening (thanks, super unstable SI joint!) so I literally can't walk without my SI belt. Idk if I'm even going into to work this week. I did CrossFit with my first, and now I'm couch bound?? It's so depressing.

Side note to FTMs and STMs who aren't in pain lol: fix your pelvic floor after delivery. Don't be like me. This is 100% because I had underlying issues from last pregnancy/birth that I never fixed.
  • Options
    I definitely have been feeling the third trimester this week. I went grocery shopping and I was EXHAUSTED after. Also my appetite has been all over the place lately swinging from 'nauseous couldnt even consider food' to 'ravenously hungry' throughout the afternoon. 
  • Options
    @jandawg Same sister. If I don’t have a bedtime snack I will puke in the AM because I’m apparently “starving”. But also if I eat too much I get heartburn so.. 
  • Options
    This kid is really kicking me in the pants. Literally. Feeling him kick my tailbone, my vag, my lungs. I have bruises!
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I feel SOOO heavy at the end of the day it’s ridiculous. Getting up and down from the car, sitting on the couch, or out of bed is just a CRINGE fest already and all of y’all are weeks ahead of me! This is absolutely the last time my body can do this 😂😂😂

• Options
    @pajamstagrams same, I did CrossFit consistently last time and I still do it-ish (if 2/3x a week counts) but had to make modifications way earlier this time around. I’m glad I can move but sad it’s not as easy as it was last time. 

@m@MrsLaLaBug lol to your comment to YH! I’m ready to murder mine on the mornings like today when I say how terribly I slept and he’s like “oh yea I didn’t sleep well last night either”. Cool buddy I haven’t slept well for 4 months, so sorry you had one night of rough sleep and don’t have to grow a human all day haha 
  • Options
    I'm just amazed that some of y'all are still so active or was so active in your first pregnancies because the most I do is walk and use my yoga ball occasionally and I feel beat! I'm doing good if I unload the dishwasher without getting winded lol. 
  • Options
    @sph97 it's so dependent on things outside of your control (nausea, exhaustion, etc) sometimes! And then of course, my PGP is my mostly own fault this time, but then again, it's usually worse in subsequent pregnancies anyway, so how much could I have avoided? 

Also let's be clear....I definitely dropped CrossFit around 6 weeks before delivery lol. And I was only going once a week, and I was absolutely winded 🤣
  • Options
    @sph97 omg no. Like P said above its totally dependent on so many things. I felt annoyingly amazing my first pregnancy and didn’t have any pain or discomfort until the very end. This time is totally different thanks to first tri nausea, insomnia, and pain. Anything you’re able to do is good! It’s all about survival haha. Also when I say I do CrossFit I’m not like balling out by any means 😆 I stand around a lot. I really only do it because I like lifting weights, I had to power lift in college for weight training for my sport, so it’s just what I’m used to. 
  • Options
    I’m still determined to go to my regular yoga class but I modify a LOT. And I swim for low-impact and “weightless” cardio. I’m still doing weights 2-3 times a week, but have moved mostly to home workouts as I’m using mostly dumbbells now rather than barbells and I have all that gear at home. Trying to keep
    moving, even if it’s not what I’d “like” it to be. I find it helps with aches and pains (except my groin. I have a very sensitive groin / inner thighs when pregnant and it feels like my vagina has split in 2 if I do anything split-legged (i.e. any kind of lunge, step up, etc)) and gets baby out of my ribs which is always a win!! 
  • Options
    Y’all 😂 you’re freaking amazing if you’re doing any workouts. I take my dog for a walk in the mornings so he’ll go poop and it’s like 5 minutes long, and try to keep up with my kids during the day. I bow down to you if you’re doing anything at all to keep up that workout
  • Options
    @annashaf ugh yes to the split leg stuff! I tried doing lunges the other day and it felt fine at the time, but as the day went on I was like yea can’t do that anymore. The pain is unreal! I’m sure swimming feels awesome, that used to be my sport but I haven’t done it in so long that I don’t think now is the time to start haha
  • Options
    @annashaf yep, join the SPD club! It suuuucks. I limp to the bathroom every night. Idk why it's so much worse MOTN! 
  • Options
    @jandawg YUP I went to my midwife appt today and when she asked how I was I said definitely feeling the third trimester 

@brookejay06 all LO does is roll his butt from left to right and then punch me in the hip once he's done rolling and lucky for me he typically does it all night long 😭

I was a big runner before getting pregnant but had a bad fall (because I'm clumsy) right before I got pregnant and didn't want to risk it again. I walked a lot at the start until the first-trimester sickness kicked in lol

Now I do a pregnancy program workout at most 3 times a week, but wish it was warmer so I could go on walks. I'm sure once it actually is I will not take advantage of it because I'll be too tired 🤣