May 2022 Moms
Options

Symptoms - February

Re: Symptoms - February

• Options
    I can’t tell if I’m having BH or not, but I keep having so much pressure randomly. Is this something I should call my OB about or is it normal 😩 I’ll be 27w on Thursday. This pregnancy has been so different than DD’s 
  • Options
    @b_1029 I think some pressure is normal as we get further along, especially if baby is changing positions and everything is still stretching. But if you’re in real pain and worried, you know it never hurts to get checked out! That’s what they are there for. 💜💜💜

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited February 2022
    @b_1029 I'd call them just to check! I hate calling and I'm so embarrassed I've been *that* person calling 6+ times in the last 2 weeks asking about BH, etc because it's new to me as a STM 🙈. But they assure me it's fine to call. Also I had some increased BH and lower pelvic cramping with my UTI, and they told me that can be normal with a UTI. Not saying that's what you have, but always worth a call. 
  • Options
    Anybody else have crazy bad acid reflux? Triggering my nausea, and beginning to interfere with my work day and sleep severely. I'm taking prescription medicine but it isn't working. Any tried and true home remedies to help tame this stomach lava? 
  • Options
    @sph97 My acid reflux has been off the charts this past week. I don't have any prescription or anything for it, just taking tums and praying it fades enough. Kept me up 'til 3/4am the other night 😫 also in need of a good remedy.
  • Options
    @sph97 when my reflux is bad and not responding to meds, I take a shot of apple cider vinegar. You can dilute a couple oz in a large glass of water and just chug it if you can’t shoot it (most people can’t because it tastes so bad 😂) but it seriously helps a bunch 
  • Options
    @sph97 yes the acid reflux has come back with a vengeance lately. No fun.
  • Options

Add me to the starting to sleep horribly list. It’s just getting harder to maneuver myself and nothing is really comfortable anymore, pillows and all. Blah. 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug welcome to the horrible club!! I still can’t find a combination of pillows that makes me remotely comfortable. I feel ya. 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug Same! Even my husbands losing sleep from all my tossing and turning lol.
  • Options
    I feel like because I’m at the very tail end of our little group everything happens to y’all about 2-3 weeks before it starts getting to me, too. But at least I have some warning!😂 I’m the caboose LOL 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug me too! I’m like, better get tums ready!
  • Options
    Yeppers. That illustration is me just about 85% of the time now. Last night I spent 3/4 of the night awake with a brick lodged in my chest and heartburn trying to push past it. 
    Now, in the 3rd trimester, my hips and lower back hurt almost constantly.
    I have a PUPPPs rash on my belly and chest that is controlled by Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream. 
    My calves, ankles and feet have started swelling with regularity. I . have . cankles. D:
    Sleep is becoming a memory of the past because of my back and heartburn.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @DarkSerendipity my calves, hands, feet, thighs, and face have slightly swelled up in the past week (and the scale definitely shows water retention) 🙄 I'm hoping it's temporary due to the antibiotic im on (funny coincidence that is started around the same time), but I know some swelling is normal too. 

Super annoyed with a mild migraine that I've had for 24+ hrs. It's barely bad enough to take Tylenol (which not surprisingly didn't do much), so hoping some extra caffeine helps knock it out today. Cue my overly paranoid freakout yesterday realizing I've had headaches and swelling, so I rush to CVS to get a blood pressure monitor 🙄 at least now I know my BP is still normal (unless my monitor is a POS lol). I've got an OB appointment next week anyway so they can double check everything and I'm almost done with antibiotics so hopefully I feel better in a couple days 🤞 

• Options
    @DarkSerendipity @pajamstagrams my feet and ankles have really started to swell this week too! 😩  I’m hoping that getting more movement in throughout the day and watching my sodium intake will help. 
  • Options
    Has anyone been dealing with headaches? My OB today suggested magnesium supplements. Wondering if that worked for anyone… 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums magnesium usually does work for me. I haven't been great about taking it recently so I'm wondering if that's why I've had more mild headaches in the last week (could still be the antibiotics though)
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I’ve been doing magnesium for headaches… I think it’s helping? Who knows. the chiropractor definitely helps for the type of headache I have as well. 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums my doctor suggested that too, but I actually figured out what was triggering them (days I had caffeine and not enough water) and was able to eliminate them before I tried it. Is there anything you've noticed you're eating/doing on the days you have them? 

• Options
    @karisahamdi Yes- noticed it was triggered by higher salt meals… so if I had something with a lot of salt I just chugged a ton of water and that has resolved a lot of my problems but I still do get headaches maybe once a week and when I do they are soooo brutal like borderline migraine 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums yes they can be so brutal 😭 I've been trying not to take any medication (personal preference), but I had two bad headaches that would just not go away and I had to take Tylenol. Thankfully, it helped because they were awful.
  • Options
    @karisahamdi did your cramping go away / did you talk to your midwife? 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi I lean that way too— only take Tylenol if I feel like I must. I’ve taken it prob 5x this pregnancy for severe headaches when nothing else worked. It’s SO weird I’ve never had this with other pregnancies. 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi @tacosandtums yep, same way re: Tylenol. I try to wait it out as long as possible, and take as little as I can. I caved last night and took 1 whole extra strength tab...broken in half...taken 3 hours apart 😂 my usual headache cure is caffeine but I can't do that after lunch time or else I'll never sleep.
  • Options
    @b_1029 thanks for checking in! It was 100% stomach issues, which I'd rather it be that than anything else. I emailed them and they said to monitor it and call if it continues, but luckily it stopped that day. 
  • Options
    Anyone experiencing something like a sore baby bump? I have absolutely no way to describe it. Maybe the evening after a really intense ab workout? Except I have no abs now lol. Idk if it’s just the muscles that support my uterus have been overworked lately or if she’s been kicking extra hard or what, but I’ve never experienced this before - and I didn’t expect it to come so early too. Any tips if you have set with something similar before?
  • Options
    Pro tip with heartburn and sleeping. I have been positioning myself at a 45-55° angle in bed with + using my sweet airplane neck pillow to fall asleep. Then i guess i naturally slide down to normal sleeping position at some point. 
  • Options
    @skc040512 my belly gets sore. Like to the touch. Haven’t experienced it yet this pregnancy, but did my other 2. Particularly with DD2. I don’t know if it’s the skin just telling me no, or bruising from kicks inside, but it didn’t mean anything negative, just a bloody nuisance. And goes away immediately after giving birth…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @skc040512 my belly gets sore (not to the touch) and stretched out feeling at the end of the day, especially near the pelvis, and especially when I don't wear a belly band all day. Even on the days where I'm sitting and not walking around, I'll still get that feeling without the extra support. And on days where I feel like playing the hero and saying "my SPD/pain isn't bad today, I don't need the belt to go grocery shopping..." Oh boy, big mistake. 

ETA: It feels like my muscles just get tired of holding everything up all day. ALSO, and I have yet to have it confirmed by a PFPT, I suspect I do have a super tight PF and know I am guilty of subconsciously sucking in my tummy 24/7, so constantly overworking those muscles definitely takes a toll. 

If you aren't wearing a band, maybe try that? 
  • Options
    @skc040512 I was just complaining to my husband about this last night! I’m assuming it’s the extra weight and maybe everything moving/spreading. I’ve notice when I got to “sit up” my abdominal muscles almost make my belly look like it’s conning? Scared the heck outta me the first time I noticed it lol. I notice it helps when I wear maternity support clothes! 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams yeah, that’s what I was talking about with DH last night. I think it’s a combo of my body just being done after 4 pregnancies, and overdoing it the past few days (hello nesting!). I’m just mostly surprised it started at only 28/29 weeks. I ordered a belt this morning so FX that helps
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean @skc040512! I ordered a belt and really need to wear it more. Def also overdoing it on nesting, too!! 
  • Options
    @sph97 that’s abdominal separation. Your linea alba - the muscle that keeps your abs together, stretches and loosens for baby and belly to grow. For it to not turn into postpartum diastasis recti (everyone will have some an separation immediately after birth, but if it sticks around 6+ months later, it’s termed DR), you need to limit the strain here. That means when turning over in bed use a leg, get up and sit down from your side, then roll to your back, and when lifting anything, fully engage your core and pelvic floor in and up (think of hugging your baby). I am not a pelvic floor physiotherapist, but I have seen one about during and following my first pregnancy. If you’re interested in learning more, Google diastasis recti and find a good pfpt in your area. I also suggest following @deliciouslyfitnhealthy on Instagram. She’s a personal trainer with 4 kids, trained in pre and post natal care. She has paid programs you can purchase, but even just following her and listening to / watching her videos, she talk about DR, pelvic floor and transverse abdominal engagement.
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2022
    I’m glad I’m not alone in the muscle/abd pain. For the last week or so, I’m reeeeally sore by the end of the day. DH and I took DD to the store today to get more paint samples and it was too close to DD’s nap time so I was either chasing or holding her the entire time. My entire lower abdomen was on fire 😩 still is pretty achey. I joked to DH that I was going to give birth on their floor. ETA I need to find my belly band in the mess of our basement. I bought one last time and my unicorn pregnant self didn’t need it. Definitely not the case this time 
  • Options
    @annashaf thank you so much!! I probably have been straining more than I should be, I’m definitely going to be more mindful and take your advice so I don’t have DR post-partum! I just noticed it this week, and I’ve wondered if the strain of me still getting sick has something to do with it because it definitely hurts more than it use too. 
  • Options
    @sph97 @ExpectingandEmpowered is another good ig to check out for tips on pelvic floor physio.
  • Options
    I've been feeling the soreness too lately, definitely in my lower abdomen and hips but also like right under sternum. The bottom of my ribs almost feel bruised by the end of the day, i gotta remind myself to correct my posture so I'm not putting so much pressure on them. 
    Would a belly belt help with the hip pain too? I'm basically limping if I stand/walk around for more than a couple hours at a time.
  • Options
    @germainejeleed definitely possible that it would help. Why are you limping? Where specifically is your pain? Glutes? Hips? Groin? Inner thigh? I'm currently limping because I have shooting groin pain (like lightning crotch but more frequent) and that's SPD. A belt would help, and so would PT, which is why I'm very eager to start tomorrow!
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams It's sometimes the outside of my hips, hip joints, or tail bone that all take turns. I also have scoliosis so my tailbone is especially mess up. I'm looking at finding a good chiropractor hoping that'll also ease my pain.
  • Options
    @germainejeleed when I was looking on Amazon, a number of them advertised helping with hip pain. I’d check the reviews but it’s always worth a shot! I just search pregnancy support belt