Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 1/31

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: You have no work obligations for the next two weeks but also cannot go on a holiday. What project do you tackle.
History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 1/31

• Options
    @optimistgardener glad the shots are less uncomfortable this time! And, as a soon-to-be-meteorologist, I could answer your question in way too much detail :grimace:

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, MFI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): just letrozole

How are things going?: meh. I really thought I'd ovulate yesterday, but no temp rise. I'm going to have to keep an eye on when FF says I ovulate this cycle, and bring it up with my RE if we need to do another cycle. My IUI would have been Saturday if there hadn't been a blizzard, but if I still haven't ovulated yet and it's Monday, would the IUI have been in vain anyway? I mean if I O today then Saturday was O-2 but I always need to fret over something.

Any questions?: not really

GTKY: You have no work obligations for the next two weeks but also cannot go on a holiday. What project do you tackle. What I should do is clean out the junk/guest room so that we don't have to do it when I'm pregnant, whenever that is. What I likely would do is keep working on my quilt lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited January 2022
    lurking @kiki047 big hug, i'm sorry, that is just so hard. 
  • Options
    @kiki047 dangit Kiki. I'm so so sorry.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    @kiki047 I'm sorry, that really sucks. I'm glad you were able to get clearance to keep trying this cycle, but I'm sorry you need to do so.
    For me, I haven't taken additional OPKs since Friday since I was only doing the CBAD per my RE, and that just shows a solid smiley for 2 straight days once it gets there. If we have to do another cycle though, I'll probably dual OPK and use the CBAD plus the cheapies.
  • Options
    @kiki047 girl I’m so so sorry for both you and YH. Sending you hugs of support like never before. Feel all the feels you need to. And ask your RE ALL the questions. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    I’ll be back for tags!

Diagnosis (if you've been):  PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Letrozole, metformin, myo-inositol, PNV, and TI

How are things going? Things are okay. Period arrived this afternoon right on schedule so that sucks. I called my RE and should be heading back from them in a little bit. This will be my 3rd cycle with them - I’m wondering if I should be asking about DH getting tested? He has yet to have any testing done. I think the plan was to try 4 medicated cycles before we look at IUI but I suppose we’ll see what the nurses say when they call.

Any questions?:  How soon in your IF treatment did YH get tested? 

GTKY: You have no work obligations for the next two weeks but also cannot go on a holiday. What project do you tackle?Cleaning my attic and turning it into a craft room. My attic is finished but currently crowded with lots of junk and it’s also where the litter boxes are so it smells like cat up there (plus I think those jerks pissed on the carpet up there so shampooing it will be necessary). But DH got me a sewing machine for Christmas and a cricut for my birthday. That area up there would be perfect for a craft room where I can leave everything set up all the time!

• Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited January 2022
    @optimistgardener glad PIO wasn’t too bad. I may have missed it, so forgive me if this was already answered but so you have a date for your transfer yet?

@kiki047 I’m so sorry. Sending so many hugs. I’m glad you were cleared to start again next cycle.

ooops, I somehow missed you @fantasyflyte! I didn’t know you were a quilter. My mom and MIL both do that and I’ve just started getting into it (starting with table runners). Sorry you’re in WTO limbo. That game is not a fun one to play. Hopefully it happens soon!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 MH had a basic sperm analysis before we started any treatment; and then a sperm DNA fragmentation test a few months in. I would definitely advocate for him getting tested ASAP, but definitely before any IUIs. I’m actually really surprised this hasn’t come up before.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): Was told years ago I have PCOS, but RE didn't say anything about it so I don't know anymore 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): wto

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): BBT

How are things going?: I 'm kinda confused on a lot of things right now...

Any questions?: I think only the RE can answer them

GTKY: You have no work obligations for the next two weeks but also cannot go on a holiday. What project do you tackle.
    Work more on my crochet sloth...I feel like I'm running out of time lol but I still have until August.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener that's good to know about the shot. I have PIO to try next cycle already but I haven't looked to see what kind it is. 

@kiki047 big hugs. I'm so sorry but glad you are cleared. 

@gingermama29 DH got tested when I got my baseline done, so first thing with us.  We were trying for about 6 months and they recommended it. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): very bad sperm and getting older

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): topical progesterone but already had break through spotting so that's doing nothing 

How are things going?: Figured my period's coming since spotting started yesterday. Going to push for a different form of progesterone to try to stop it next cycle.  DH's insurance should kick in this month so I need to call and get his progyny account info set up and then I just need to make a call. I don't think I can get it done fast enough to start next cycle. So it'll probably be end of Feb or mid March for our IVF round depending on timing. I need to look at my chart to see what my body schedule is planning. 

Any questions?:  trying to figure if I should BBT or not. I did with my first but my sleep is so shitty and as soon as my alarm goes off the dogs force my out of bed and I'm up and moving. 

GTKY: You have no work obligations for the next two weeks but also cannot go on a holiday. What project do you tackle. - Well if it's still winter here and my tax return came in I would start to frame in my basement and get the walls up for someone else to dry wall. If it was any other season I would be tearing down and putting up a new fence, then prepping and staining it.  House project are never ending. 
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    @caseys02 usually they default to a PIO that is sesame oil-based. i had a weird delayed allergic response to it when I took it for a few days last summer. anyway, your insurance/clinic may or may not try to insist on using the sesame oil stuff because it's the standard, but the ethyl oleate is so much easier to deal with (thinner, easier to inject, less painful shot location afterwards) that i'd almost recommend a fib "i think i might have a sesame oil sensitivity" to get the good stuff. As for your question about BBT, if you poll this crowd we'll probably vote for temping just because you never know what cycle is going to be your cycle and temping + OPK strips will give you your best shot at knowing when you ovulate (BBT alone will only tell you O day in the rearview, though, which is not much help). But if you're over the stress of trying to get pregnant without science doing the heavy lifting, then there's also a good argument for just relaxing for a month (assuming you can't line things up with the clinic in time to get on the IVF bus this next cycle), tracking nothing, and preparing yourself for the next cycle. I'm excited for your retrieval cycle to get underway!
    Oh, and btw, if you do find yourself waiting for a cycle, you could consider (but no pressure) taking the month to prepare yourself with the aid of supplements. We've got folks here who do all the supps and others who are more conservative, but since you're likely to be some degree of DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) considering your age, you might consider taking, on top of your daily PNVs, a daily CoQ10 and some Vitamin D (assuming you're low on D, which like, most of America is). Both have real clinical data that supports their role in making better quality eggs. Starting to take them now will hopefully put you in a good stead to make the IVF cycle successful when you get there.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener Thanks for the insight on the ethyl oleate. So glad to hear it’s going better for you!  I’ve been wanting to switch my PIO type for so long now, but no place in my state carries anything besides the sesame oil base. Your post is the push for me to finally ask my doc to send it to a specialty pharmacy out of state. Thanks again.

@fantasyflyte Oh goodness, your body has a real sense of humor… Can you ask for bloodwork so that you know exactly what’s going on? That would tell both you and the doc whether you’ve ovulated or not, and maybe you could still squeeze in your IUI.

@kiki047 Again, I’m just so sad for you about the latest transfer.😢 I wonder if you’re on to something with either the PRP or the dose of hcg… Hopefully your doctor has some ideas to share with you as well. Sending huge hugs and lots of hope for the next transfer.💕

@gingermama29 +1 to the asking for testing for YH. Also surprised they haven’t done that yet. And this next comment is totally useless, but I don’t think I realized that you hadn’t yet moved on to IUI. Is there any reason they make you wait so many cycles before going ahead with it? With how long your cycles have been in the past I can only imagine how long and dragged out this could feel.  

@deaf_girl It’s great that you saw the RE to get things rolling. I wouldn’t rule out PCOS just because the doctor didn’t mention it. I would, however, be concerned with the quality of care I was receiving if I went to my first RE appointment and my doctor didn’t bring up something so central to fertility issues as a PCOS diagnosis. Is it noted in your medical history? You are paying for those appointments—you need to ask all your questions. Definitely follow up via portal and email. If you’re not satisfied with the responses then find a new RE.

@caseys02 I also started out using topical progesterone (before I saw an RE). The pills and shots are much stronger. You can get the pills yourself at any Walmart etc. using the GoodRX app & coupon. Might cost you $30 max out of your own pocket for a one-month supply. May be worth asking your doctor to call it in if you don’t think everything will get lined up with the insurance for awhile. May save you some treatment time. 
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL/RIF, DQ Alpha Match, blood-clotting disorders, immune stuff, AMA 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I’m hoping to do a natural transfer of a frozen embaby sometime next week. 

How are things going?: Fine. Had my lining checked yesterday and the new build-your-lining meds seem to have worked: it was at 7.4mm on CD10, at least 2 days before O, so hoping it keeps growing nicely. Then did BW to see when I might ovulate, and it looks like there will be time to get my huge project turned in and then fly to do a transfer a few days later. So feeling very good about that and very relieved that there isn’t a conflict. (Now to buckle down and actually get the project finished! If I disappear the rest of the week y’all know where I went.) Also finally got my CD3 bloodwork back from over a week ago. Results in spoiler if anyone is interested.
    So the complete bloodwork panel finally came in and all of my hormones are at the most perfect levels they have ever been during this entire time of monitoring them and TTC. My AMH is the highest it’s ever been! Slightly higher than it was when we started all this 3 years ago. So that made me super happy. Prolactin & FSH were appropriately low, DHEA & DHEA-S & testosterone were perfect— my nurse even said, “Oh look at you! With a perfect Vit D score of 50!” So I’m super thrilled with all of this. BUT. If only I could’ve stimmed this cycle!😩 It would’ve been the perfect opportunity (in hindsight, of course). All I can do is hope that the next transfer works. And if it doesn’t, hope that these great hormone levels stay stable🤞🏽 so that I can have the perfect stim cycle the next time. And then of course the final question is, If everything is so perfectly aligned, why can’t this just happen already?! I’m so ready to be done with this whole phase of life. 
    Any questions?: NATM, besides the rhetorical one in spoiler. 

GTKY: You have no work obligations for the next two weeks but also cannot go on a holiday. What project do you tackle. Oh geez. So many. My bedroom closet, for starters. Our garage next. The refrigerator that I like to be very neat but DH doesn’t care how he throws things in there. I want to label every shelf so that he puts everything back in exactly where it should go. With the lids on tightly.😬 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener Thanks for the tips!! I currently use ovulation tests to help narrow things down a bit.  I do take CoQ10 and my PNV, but always looking to add in more things to my regime for healthier eggs and what not. I'll add in the Vit D

@keikilove Thanks for that! My BFF gave me all her meds from her last IVF round so I need to see what is in my stash and the expiration dates. I'll probably call and get oral pills for next cycle if I don't have any already. 
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    @shortstack930 Yay for getting the green light! It’s finally time! I hear you about the lining concerns. You still have time if you haven’t Ovulated yet to build up that lining. My doctor prescribed me pentoxifylline combined with vitamin E. It’s one 400 mg pill in the morning with 500 of Vit E, repeat the same dosing in the evening. Last week Thursday my lining was only 2.2 and by this Mondayit was at 7.4. I also made sure to walk every day to get the blood flowing, used a warm water bottle on my abdomen, ate warming foods, and also ate nuts including Brazil nuts and washed all down with pomegranate juice because it couldn’t hurt :-)
  • Options
    @keikilove that's a huge improvement in less than a week!! Thanks for the suggestions!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    Quickie question while I mobile bump at work: can letrozole raise bbt a bit? Im wondering if that's contributing to my temp conundrum. That or just taking it lateish in the early days of the cycle compared to now. I did leave a message for the RE asking if I should come in for bloodwork to see if we can squeak the iui in after all (watch me get my spike tomorrow). Either way, if this isn't the cycle, I'm going to ask about adding a trigger next cycle because if im going to do an IUI i want to make as certain as possible that my body doesn't mess it up.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @fantasyflyte ...maybe? my letrazole cycles are not much help because my early cycle temps are always pretty high anyway, which is part of why i don't bother to keep track before day 7 or so. It's a good guess though, and worth doing some research on.
    Edited because i reread your post and see you're asking for bloodwork before doing the iui.
    History
  • Options
    Just popping in to say... @optimistgardener 2 more days!!! *excited dance*
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Options
    @shortstack930 I'm a bit confused on how it went. He seemed a bit rushed and didn't mention my PCOS, so I'm wondering if I was misdiagnosed.

@keikilove my Gino's office hadn't sent my records. I'm sending him a message either today or tomorrow, to find out if he received them.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    thanks @kiki047! honestly my schedule is bananas these next few days. today i am doing a zoom interview for job stuff, tomorrow i drive 3 hours north for the transfer. my mom wants to be there or at least to take me out for lunch afterwards, so we'll do that, and then i drive 3 hours back south. i'm glad my clinic doesn't want me to do bed rest because i'm not sure i could actually do that. then this weekend i've got a sh** ton of prep work for the following week, since I've kinda been letting things slide this week as I do interview prep. i think maybe i'm happy though to have so much to distract me?
    yay for cd1, by the way! and i want some brownies too! send all the middle pieces my way, please. ;)
    History
  • Options
    @kiki047 Love that gif!😄 Way to celebrate AF’s arrival, hahaha. So glad you are able to have something to look forward to. And thanks for the shared excitement about my CD3 hormones. Ah, the things that bring joy these days😂 

@optimistgardener Sending you ALL the positive, calming, warm fuzzies for a successful transfer tomorrow. It’s so sweet that your mom is going with you💕 Let her baby you as much as possible in that first day after transfer. As much as you have on your plate, you want to be as zen energetically as possible to invite that little one to cuddle up. // Good luck with the interview! 
  • Options
    @deaf_girl haven't been in that specific situation, but I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs*
  • Options
    I'm sorry @deaf_girl. Can you tell us more about the diagnosis he's been given? I don't have much information myself in this area but we've had couples come through here before who have struggled with azoospermia and similar.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener his body produces too much FSH, causing extremely low sperm count and abnormally shaped sperm, with none swimming. The doctor said that even if a sperm could make it to the egg, it wouldn't be able to penatrate it. We are devastated to be honest. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @deaf_girl First, I am so so sorry about this diagnosis. Second, while I don't know much about this condition in males (I don't believe there has been anyone here during my time on TB who had to use donor sperm... maybe @kiki047 @keikilove @bows22@inthewoods23 know of someone?), I would highly highly highly encourage you to seek out a consult with a reproductive urologist. Although RE's are trained in basic male infertility issues, they are mostly experts in female infertility. You would get much better information if you consult with a urologist trained in reproductive functions. There are several in the SF Bay Area that do telehealth consults, so if you need names, send me a PM.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Options
    oh no i'm so sorry @deaf_girl. did your doctor give any kind of possibilities for treatment at all? would IVF help, for example, or hormone therapy of some sort for him? i'm sorry to ask questions and i hope they don't come across in the wrong way. that's a challenging diagnosis and i can completely understand why you feel like you're reeling at present.
    History
  • Options
    @deaf_girl to support my point re: RE's being experts in female reproductive system, RE's training consists of 5 yr OBGYN residence, followed by a 3-yr fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology. As you can imagine, they don't learn much about male infertility during first 5 years of their training. Whereas a reproductive urologist spends 4 years learning about the male reproductive system, and then 1 year about reproductive aspects of that system. I hope this is helpful. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Options
    *dirty lurker*

There was a former member, @businesswife since deleted her account I think, whose husband had azoospermia. I believe he had a procedure where some sperm was able to be removed directly from where it’s made (can’t recall the name, :p ) and used via ICSI to make embryos. In IVF with ICSI, the sperm doesn’t need to penetrate as it’s injected directly into the egg. 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2022
    *also lurking, sorry*
    My friend’s husband also had azoospermia. He ended up having a surgery to extract sperm so they could do IVF. Unsure if they did ICSI or not as she was very private about the process. That obviously sounds different than what you all were told @deaf_girl but hopefully a urologist would be able to give you all some options. His sperm count was 0 in all their SAs but they did some sort of procedure to see if there were any “inside” for lack of a better term, before moving forward . Sorry for the news, hope you all are able to get in to see a reproductive urologist like others have said and see if there are more options 

eta words 
  • Options
    @optimistgardener I hope tomorrow is your ticket out of this purgatory! Good luck friend!!!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Options
    Thanks everyone...it was a reproductive urologist that he saw. I saw a RE, right afterwards. He told us that not even IVF would help. Only something called epsi, which is over $30,000 and he couldn't even guarantee that it would work, and we can't afford that. Our health insurance doesn't cover anything dealing with infertility. We have crappy insurance lol.