July 2022 Moms

Baby names!!!

Re: Baby names!!!

• @Knottie…  I keep defaulting back to Juliette because I also want to keep the theme of French names going (DS has a very classic French name). But again, I’m not in love love with Juliette. Mostly because I would hate the nickname Julie. But baby girls middle name is going to be Jean and I really love the idea of JJ being her nickname. So… Idk. Lol. I’m giving up on J names for now.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• edited February 2022
    I’ve always wanted to name a girl Winnie. We went through a few iterations but right now we’ve landed on Elowen. We were debating Elowyn and Elowen, but I think we like the e. Middle name is not set but maybe Ruth. His grandmother’s name was Ruthann but I like using Ruth.

• Loading the player...
  • We are operating under the assumption that we have 2 girls coming. We just talked about names for the first time tonight and while we will still have some trouble, it went better than trying to name our first 😂. Our top contenders are
    Maisie Meadow and Nora June.
    MH is pretty much set on wanting the middle names to have family meaning. Our firts's does and I hate it haha. I am not art on this and don't care much about it, I just want to like the name. June does happen to be a family name. Another "issue" is that we ended up with a double initial with our first (W.W.E) and if we went the Maisie Meadow the other kid would be the odd one out haha. I'm hoping we get to the hospital with set names....

• I'm really leaning toward Rowan. Only drawback I can think of is the "name meaning" which means "little redhead" and in all likelihood, he probably won't have red hair. Older brother's name is Wyatt. I also like Jacob but not quite as much as Rowan. 🤔
  • @stardustskies the girl who lived in the dorm room next to me in college was named Rowan- she was from Wales. My other neighbor’s son is Rowan. It’s a beautiful name that is used for both girls and boys and still a bit unique in the United States (it was
    more common in the U.K. where I was living). I think it’s great!
  • @stardustskies Rowan was on our boy list also… I love the name.. my daughter goes to school with a few boy Rowans and she suggested it. It’s a great name. 
  • @pdxav8rx I love Eloise! My friend's daughter who is about 4 has that name. I think it's gaining popularity but is still unique.

If anyone is interested, the US social security admin has a website with lots of current and past baby name data:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/index.html

There is a page that shows the top 5 boy and girl names every year, all the way back to the 1920s! Its fascinating! 
  • stardustskiesstardustskies member
    edited March 2022
    You guys, I am not okay. My husband and I cannot agree on ANYTHING. We just like completely different styles of names. It took us so long to agree on Wyatt for our last boy and now that this one is a boy too, we are just not on the same page. 😩

Edit- I had my heart set on Rowan and he wasn't giving me any feedback on hardly anything. So we sat down tonight and discussed names for like 30 minutes and apparently Rowan just "doesn't flow well/ is too hard to say". Like, what?! 
  • @stardustskies ugh that’s so frustrating! Did he have any names that HE liked? I know you’ll find something you both like but it does seem hard to find that perfect name! 
  • oli9oli9 member
    @stardustskies that’s so so frustrating! I completely understand because when I was married to my first husband we were so young and shouldn’t have even been together really (haha) and we had such different taste. We couldn’t agree on ANY names for any of our 4 children we had together. With our first I wanted Chloe but he said he hated that and wanted Marley but I thought Marley is a dogs name, no way… we settled on Zoe which rhymes with Chloe LOL like what the hell? Seriously he just said out loud “I don’t like Chloe but I guess Zoe is cool” 😐 This pattern went on with all four of our kids together. They are all named random things that had no real
    thought behind them and we would argue about baby names until I would give up. Two teenagers naming children. smh. It was a nightmare for me. So much so that with our last child together I SWITCHED HER MIDDLE NAME IN THE HOSPITAL WITHOUT HIM KNOWING!!! 😂😂 He had to find out when her social security card came in the mail. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

With my current (and LAST haha) husband, we are like two peas in a pod. Totally meant for one another and we have similar taste. THANK GOD. Our son together is Walker after his grandmothers maiden name and if we were to have another boy we were going to name him West or Wesley. So it would be Walker and West or Walker and Wesley. 

I think Rowan is so sweet and it goes well with Wyatt (I love Wyatt as well). Maybe just start calling the baby Rowan and your husband will get used to it. 
  • @zinnia19 Yes, he had many suggestions. He prefers classic "masculine" names like Robert, Henry, Richard, etc. They're just not what I like personally, they remind me of my parent's generation and I'm just not feeling it. And I tried to throw some classic names in there too (like Michael, Joshua, Jacob) but he didn't like those. We went through literally ALL the boy names and there were only a couple where we agreed "Ok, that's not bad but it's not the best". Just at an impasse right now I guess.

@oli9 I'm gonna keep pushing for Rowen. The only problem is that my husband is SUPER hard headed and has literally never compromised/ changed his opinion on anything in our 8 year relationship. 🙄
  • @stardustskies My husband and I did NOT agree on another boy name. We were arguing about it for like the first three months. He hated everything I loved, I hated everything he loved. I’m still not in love with the full name (Artorius) but I do like the nickname Ari. However we have not agreed on a middle name. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I need votes/opinions! I think we’ve narrowed it down to either Caitlin Jeanette or Claire Jeanette.

I am little hesitant about Caitlin because H has a good friend from college with that name, but I like it because we have the names Katherine, Lynn and Kathleen in our families so it honors those people.

I like Claire because it it’s a little less common and prettier sounding to me. Our DD’s name is Lily and I like Lily and Claire together. I think H maybe less on favor of Claire but he’s not opposed.
  • @stardustskies - Agreeing on names is so so hard! It took me saying this LO's name a few times before he was like you know what I actually like that name! So maybe just keeping using it and see if it grows on him naturally!

@creativesoul63 - I vote Claire! I think it's a prettier name and sounds so good with Lily! 
  • @creativesoul63 another vote for Claire! 
  • @creativesoul83 I like Claire too! Not as common as Caitlin as I think "our generation" had a lot of Caitlins. 
  • oli9oli9 member
    @creativesoul83 Claire! It’s so beautiful. 

We would have considered Claire for this baby but my sister-in-law wanted to name her baby Claire Delune after the classical song if she was having a girl and I didn’t want to take that from her. 
  • @creativesoul63 I love the name Claire!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Opinion- My older cousin has a son named Wesley (he's like 8 or 9). I've always liked that name and my husband actually does too, and we are having a REALLY hard time agreeing on a name. Also, it goes well with our firstborn son's name Wyatt. I'm sure if I asked my cousin if we could use that name, she would say she's ok with it. But I mean, is that really an okay thing to ask? We only see them maybe once a year anyway, it's not like they would play together all the time. The only thing that may get confusing is if my mom and her sister are talking about their respective grandsons who happen to have the same name. 
  • @stardustskies I don’t see anything wrong with that! My brothers name is Wesley. My other brother ended up naming his son Weston. The names are super similar IMO. But there was never any issue. I think, especially since you wont see each other often, there’s no problem with naming the same name. They would be 3rd cousins, right?

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 They would be second cousins. Ok I'm gonna talk to my husband and maybe just tell her it's a potential on our list and see what she thinks. 🤔
  • oli9oli9 member
    @stardustskies yay for Wesley! I love that name so much and I love the nickname Wes. I also agree that it flows nicely with your sons name Wyatt. I hope your cousin doesn’t mind you having it as a potential name. 
  • @stardustskies

I love Wesley! And yay for W names!!! My son is Walter and we have a similar situation. I love William, but my husband's stepbrother's son is William, so kind of like cousins with the same name? There's a big age gap but I'm still struggling. Husband also has a close friend with a William but they live in another city, 5 hrs away... so doss it really matter? 

Wren was our girl name and I'm sort of trying to decide if it's unisex. Winston has been tossed around. Maybe I'll run Wyatt by him - I don't think that one has come up on either of our lists! 

Names are SO hard we are really struggling. We only had girl names picked out. If not a W name, we are tossing around ideas like:

Harrison (but Meghan Markle used it....) 
    Henry
    Read (combo of both of our moms names so it's kind of neat) 
    Simon (husband's grandma was Simone so it would be a nice tribute)

We are just all over the place! No clear front runner and I am feeling like I like all the names above but not in love with any, you know? 

Anyone have any vintage sounding names they love that would go well with Walter? We call him Wally most of the time, if that helps! 
  • @courtneyqdk Harrison is cute! I haven’t heard that one much, I think it would go well with Walter. A few vintage sounding names that I like are: Franklin, Theodore & Arlo. 
  • @starduskies we named our 2nd the same name as one of my first cousins' kids. I have a lot of 1st cousins, like 30+ and we see each other less than once a year. I didn't ask, but when he was born she messaged me she was happy for our choice ☺️

@courtneyqdk I love the names Walter and Winston, and also Theodore 
  • @stardustskies I love the name Wesley! It reminds me of the princess bride. Hopefully your cousin finds it flattering that you want to use the same name. My husband and I fought over names so much with our first son and it was the same thing. He liked the older more traditional "masculine" names. This time around we had a name picked then he went back on it so we developed a system of putting names on sticky notes and posting them on the wall of the kitchen. If we didn't like it, we took it down and even we narrowed it down to one. It wasn't till after that I found out my friend of 30 years named her son the same thing. I had remembered that it was unique and started with a T but we don't see each other frequently and talk every few months so I forgot his name. Thankfully she was over the moon over us both having a Théoren. Guess it's a sign we were meant to be friends 🤣. Our Théoren is due the day after my friend's birthday too.

@courtneyqdk Henry was on my list too but the hubby nixed it. I think it could also be a great middle name if you do not like it as a first. As for older/vintage names (I love Wyatt as an option too btw), what about Wilson, Warner, Wendell, Winston, or Warren?
  • oli9oli9 member
    @courtneyqdk my grandfathers names were Floyd and Edgar. I was never crazy about either of those names until recently when I really took a liking To Floyd. 
    My husband and I contemplated naming our son Walker Floyd or Floyd Walker but we went with Walker Gibson after both of the women in our family instead. 
  • @courtneyqdk @peppylilfoxy - I love Wilson! My husband is William and it just feels to "direct" for us but I think that's such a great option 🥰

• @stardustskies - If this baby was a boy he would've gone by Wesley! (First name after my father and then Wesley as the middle name that he would go by). I hope your cousin doesn't make a fuss about it, because I don't think it would be a big deal at all for the two boys to share the same name! 
  • Thanks everyone! Haven't narrowed it down any further, but adding Wyatt to the running haha - names are so hard we just can't settle on one yet, hopefully it comes to us soon!
  • Anyone else have in-laws that are very openly opinionated about baby names? We love the name Knox but are waiting to tell in-laws until after he's born because my SIL got so much crap when she picked a name that they didn't like. 
  • @novaghost99 our plan is to keep our baby name a secret until the birth. I don’t care to hear my MIL’s opinions on names cause I know she would have a lot! She also has an envelope where she wrote down what she thinks the baby’s name is going to be. It makes me laugh cause we have not given her any indication of even the types of names we are interested in. So I have no idea what her prediction is! Haha

also, Knox is great!! 
  • @novaghost99 it doesn't matter what ILs think! It's totally fine to keep baby's name a secret until they are born. That's what we originally planned on doing but are tossing around the idea of giving the name out for our shower in case anyone wants to personalize gifts. We'll see if we keep it secret as I'm starting to think they won't mind our unusual choice. It's actually very fitting for DH and I as people in STEM careers.

What was the name your SIL picked? Are your ILs all about classic names or something and that's why you think Knox wouldn't go over well? If you want my opinion I love the name Knox!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 @zinnia19
    She named their little girl Palmer. I love my IL but at my SIL baby shower they had a game where it was baby names A to Z so maybe she would change her mind. Not something I want to deal with. 
  • My inlaws have lots of opinions. They did NOT like any of our names. And then once the kids are here for awhile, they tell me they actually love the names. *hard eye roll* If you don't want to deal with it, keep it a secret! People are less likely to say anything or try to influence you once the baby is here and the name is inked. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @novaghost99 wow that's obnoxious!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • oli9oli9 member
    @novaghost99 my MIL knows no boundaries and asked me if I would name this baby the name she wanted for my husband if he was a girl, Anna Elizabeth. So weird. That’s the name she wanted for her own child, not what we want and when my husband told her we wouldn’t be naming our baby Anna Elizabeth, she got offended and demanded to know why because she thinks “it’s a beautiful name” 🙄.  We haven’t told her the names we are considering and we don’t plan to until the baby is born. I just keep telling her we don’t know and we want to wait to see the baby in person to decide.  

I love Knox! It’s such a cool name! 
  • Anyone else have it down to a final 3 and can’t decide!? I’m having a boy and have it narrowed down to Liam Elliott, Nolan Jack, or Rowan. Last name is 2 syllables that end in son. We have a daughter name Madelyn and her name was so much easier compared with boy names in my opinion!
    Ive always really liked Liam but feel like it’s become super popular and don’t want him to be one of 3 in his class. Lol
    Any thoughts? 😊