July 2022 Moms

Baby names!!!

Re: Baby names!!!

• Curious how many people keep getting unsolicited suggestions for baby names. :expressionless:

Half of DH's family group chat is name suggestions for us. I literally just asked them to play this game on their own and give us the master list they came up with when we got to the hospital (to then toss in the trash haha) because I'm tired of the continuous suggestions. DH and I are pretty set on a name right now that none of them have suggested and all but maybe a small handful of names that they have suggested I've liked, but wouldn't consider serious contenders.

I wonder if being team green would have kept this at bay or would that create a larger frenzy of boy and girl name suggestions. :tired_face:

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Yes! The baby name suggestions will never stop! I always have strong reactions to names. Most of the times I hate the suggestion and tell them a strong no. But then I feel bad about it lol. I would maybe just tell them that you have a name in mind already but you’re not going to be sharing it till birth. That might get them off your back for a while.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @LJMoon6 yeah I might have to just say "none of these are dethroning our current choice."
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I loathe name suggestions, as if it isn’t hard enough to find a name both you and DH like that neither of you can associate to someone you have met and don’t like. Then you have all these other voices throwing out their suggestions.

I have girl names that I’m pretty attached to but not really any boy names I love. So if this babe is a boy we are gonna have to dig deep. I did love one boy name but our close friends had a boy a few months ago and named him that, I can’t bring myself to use it as well. 
  • @inthewoods23 Our family tried with the first one. We pick pretty unique names though so once they figured out that none of their suggestions had a snowballs chance in hell, they dropped it. And we normally announce the name with the gender, so they’ve never had much of a chance. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @inthewoods23 - we put up a poster paper in our bathroom and get friends and family to put their suggestions/guesses there...which helped limit the chatter. We still have the paper from when I was expecting my son and he loves to make fun of his grandparents choices. He will often say "do you remember when you thought my name should be _____? Blarghhh!" I think it's so funny how the tables have turned.

(Left the name spot blank to not offend anyone or sway people away from certain names!)
  • @tuxielove93 we like more unique names too and of course half the names DH's family has suggested are probably somewhere in the top 100 names list. I was stuck on Wyatt for a bit even though it's fairly popular these days but eventually felt it just didn't fit us.

@rubyrose_0919 we laugh now when we bring up the fact that with my brother my parents almost named him Scott and how it doesn't fit who he is now at all.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Ugh, my in laws are part of the reason my hubby changed his mind on our name we had FINALLY picked. Now we're back to the drawing by board and I flat out told Ryan that NOBODY gets a say or else I will tell the nurses in the delivery room (where he won't be because it's my friend having the baby) that the name is something he really really hates. Lol
  • We’ve always kept our name secret until the baby gets here. Drives everyone crazy (if I had $1 for every time I hear “well how and I supposed to get anything monogrammed??) but it also limited input. We had DD1’s name picked out 2 weeks before the anatomy scan. For DD2 we didn’t land on a name until the doctor handed her to me in the delivery room. And that was with going over *every* name in the baby name app together!

No idea how it’s going to play out this time but I’m still in favor of keeping it a secret. The last thing I want is to say baby’s name will be X, and have someone ruin it for me before he or she gets here. I’ve found that if it’s already baby’s name when we introduce them to the world, not many people are dumb enough to say anything other than “congrats!” or how much they like the name. 
  • Our DD is Lily Parker, her middle name is my maternal grandmother’s maiden name. We just liked Lily but it also happens to be one of the meanings of the name Susan which is my MIL’s first name (and her nursery is Harry Potter themed!)

We have always known that if we have a boy, he will be named for my husband (Richard Harlan) who is a Jr, so he would be Richard III! Since my FIL is Rick and H is Rich, we would call him Rex, which I LOVE (and I would do the whole nursery in dinosaurs!)

We won’t even discuss girl names unless we find out at the anatomy scan it’s a girl haha. We had a really hard time coming to an agreement on DD’s name. Our two nieces’ names begin with L and C, so since DD’s name also begins with L, I was thinking it would be cute to do a C name for a girl. Also thinking of Janet as a middle name (after my step-dad’s mother) and calling her CJ. So any good C name suggestions? Besides Charlotte, which is taken by my niece.
  • I've already had to shut down MIL for trying to pry into baby names, she's the type of person to have an immediate negative reaction to absolutely everything that should be positive for us and I'm not having her ruin another name choice. Years ago she overheard a really sweet conversation between me and husband where we were agreeing that if our baby was a girl we would name her after my dad who passed away and she interjected herself and shouted 'Ugh Ronnie, what kind of a name is that?!' Still pissed about it years later and something that should have been so sentimental is just ruined now
  • Thankfully we’ve never had name suggestions from family. But I have had my mom say she didn’t like one of our runner up names after we named our daughter. And I was like “well I still like the name so we might use it one day”.

we do things a bit differently then most people. I have a list of about 20 or so names for each sex and once it’s born we then narrow it down and pick a name to see that fits the best. It’s worked well for us so far. 
  • edited January 2022
    @creativesoul63 - I'm partial to Charlotte, since that's DD's name but I have a few other C names on my baby list: Clara, Coraline (Cora), and Colette! 
  • @creativesoul63 DS’s has a HP nursery theme too!!

@rosegoldg That sounds awful. I would be pissed too.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• jellie603jellie603 member
    edited January 2022
    @creativesoul63 I do like Charlotte! but I also like: Carly, Cali (or Callie), Camryn (Cami). 

Edit: because sentences are hard. 
  • @rosegoldg if it wasn't for the fact that my hubby is the only boy, I would think you and I had the same MIL! 🤣🤣🤣 Mine is the same way
  • We already have a Veronica Wilhelmina (middle name is for my late grandmother), an Amelia Lisa (middle name isn’t my favorite but it’s dedicated to my husbands mother) and a Walker Gibson (Walker is my husbands late grandmothers maiden name and Gibson is my late mothers maiden name). This baby is a little girl and we’ve decided on Angelina for a first name but we aren’t sure about a middle name just yet. We both like Rose for a middle name, but my husband wants the middle name to be a little more meaningful like our other kids names are, so we are brainstorming a bit. If we don’t come up with anything in the family that flows with Angelina we will keep it Angelina Rose. :)

Also, anyone who asks, we say we haven’t decided yet and we ask for their suggestions just so they can get it off their chests, and we thank them and tell them we will keep them in mind. A friend of mine actually almost swayed us to change our favorite pick ‘Angelina’ to ‘Aurora’ because she suggested that name and we both loved it so much. Haha. Angelina tops Aurora for us though. 

*If this baby was a boy we were going to name him either West or Wesley. We loved both names. 

Other girl names we liked:

Alanna
    Athena
    Alicia
    Angelica
    Aurora (thanks to my friend)
    Fiona
  • @knottie you could let your other kids vote on the middle name 🤷‍♀️ Also, I really like Aurora too. 
  • We have it narrowed down to 3 names. Alison, Brooke, and Ashley. that's the order I like them in. my husband wants to sleep on it a bit longer but I've made it clear Alison is my favorite. my son's name is Brayden and I'm not big on matching names so Brooke is a far 2nd. I love the name just not with his. 
  • Of course we were convinced we were having a boy (Henry "Hank" David- Henry was my grandfather's name and David is my husband's middle name that he goes by) until yesterday when my Sneakpeek test came back a girl! We've had Summer Margaret picked out for a while. Excited for Rosemary(Romy) to have a sister but was looking forward to little Hank. 
  • Ok, spam me with your girl J names. I need help! I would really like a J name for this one but they're so hard, especially with how many are already in the family (off limit family names include Joanne, Janis, Jaqueline, Jennifer, Josephine, Julia). What do you guys got??!!!! The only thing I somewhat like is Juliette, but I'm not in love.
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 oh gosh the only one I can think of quickly off the top of my head that's not off limits is Jasmine.

Quick Google search brought up a TB page of names starting with J. Here's some that I like:
    Josie
    Jesse (Jessie)
    Jessica
    Juniper
    Jade
    June
    Jamie
    Jenna
    Joy
    Jacie (Jacey)
    Jeannette
    Jordan

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Thank you @inthewoods23. Ugh it's no for all of them. I might have to scrap my J name idea.
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 J is definitely tough because there are so many names that are close in variation. Like I almost suggested Joanna because my cousin used that name for her daughter, but that's probably way too close to Joanne.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @LJMoon6 okay my name starts with J and I have always HATED it but everyone I meet likes it. And I've only ever met 2 others in my life.

Justine. 
  • @inthewoods23 Lol, yes that’s too close. Same for some of the other ones on your list. There were some other family/friends names I forgot to add. Ugh. Why is it so hard to pick a name!?

@jullie603 I can’t help but laugh because MH’s name is Justin. I don’t think that ones going to work. But I do love it.

*TW* TTC history

• Jovie is such a cute name!!!
  • Ya'll need to check out this poster I stumbled across, she goes by "babynamesunday" on YouTube and tiktok, probably Instagram too but I haven't looked.

She has soo many unique and classic name ideas. She has videos focusing on just one letter or gender at a time as well as mixed. I've seen a plethora of adorable names that aren't over used 
  • I was originally meant to be named Jenae (with a soft/French J sound) and always wished as a kid my parents stuck with that name! One of my good friends has an adorable daughter named Joëlle (Also soft J) and it is the perfect name for her. I also like Joey (perhaps short for Jocelyn or something else) for a girl too. Good luck!!
  • What are y'alls thoughts on the name Théoren (pronounced Tharon) my husband has been struggling to connect with boy names but he suggested this one. I don't hate it and actually quite like it but I just know as a teacher that Its gonna be mispronounced but at the same time, we plan on using the nicknames Théo and TJ (for Théoren Jack). Maybe I'm overthinking...
  • @peppylilfoxy I'm a fan! If you plan on primarily calling him by a nickname then I don't see it as an issue. Plus I think the name isn't so out of the box that even after explaining the pronunciation you wouldn't get repeat offenders who can't ever get it right. Explaining it once should be enough for all.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I didn't tell anyone our first daughters name because she was named after two grandma's and I thought it would be special to tell everyone once she was here, so amazing to have my grandma hold her when we told her that she was named after her. Now we don't keep anything secret, we picked unique names and I think everyone just accepts that now. Ha! I just didn't do a huge gender/name announcement this time though, but most people know. 
  • Looking for Advise. 

I love the name Elena for a girl, pronounced (El-ay-nah). I’ve seen multiple ways to spell it but I keep coming back to “Elena”. I’m not sure people will pronounce it correctly… thoughts on spelling  ? 🤔💬 
  • @blf12887 I knew an Elena growing up, I think its a fairly common spelling. The other is Alaina. I think I've seen both roughly the same amount. So I wouldn't worry about it!
  • @blf2072 Elena is how I would spell it. Or slightly different from what @zinnia19 said and spell it as Elaina (since I think Elaine is how that name typically spelled).
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @blf2072 Elena is on our list too! I love it. But I would probably pronounce it more like Helena but without the H (but I’m not sure this is even correct lol). I feel like there’s got to be a different spelling to get that pronunciation that you want across. I’m leaning more towards what @zinnia19 said, Alaina sounds right.

*TW* TTC history

• There is a girl on our local news name Elena but pronounced how i think you want ! She is a super pretty girl!! 

That’s when I started to get confused if maybe they will pronounce it different than I want ! Lol who knows 
  • When I read it I pronounced it the way you want in my head so I think you’re good. I’m absolute crap at pronouncing weird names 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • edited February 2022
    @LJMoon6

How about Juliette?

My mom is French and named me Juliette and I've always LOVED my name! Classic and unique.