July 2022 Moms
Options

Baby names!!!

Has anyone started thinking about baby names yet? Share your ideas here!
*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: Baby names!!!

• Options

We had such a hard time picking a name for our first! We tried out so many names, none of them felt right. I looked at so many lists and we even tried an app called Babyname (both you and your partner download it and swipe left or right on names. If you have any matching, then it would let you know. I loved this app but it didn’t work for us (I blame MH's subpar participation lol)). We didn’t finally settle on anything until the last month.

This baby is likely going to be the same. We have a girl name somewhat picked out, Isabell. But the chances of this baby being a girl is pretty slim (if you ask me lol). Boy names are soooo hard!

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Options
    I think we’ve got our name nailed down if it’s a boy. My husband and I have had a shared note on our phones with a girl list and a boy list that we’ve had since we were expecting our first. If someone had an idea, they would add it and then we have our comments on why we like it or don’t. We would add to it even when we weren’t expecting just for future reference.

We tend to go for more traditional names. For a boy, we are thinking Jonathan (we might call him Jack for a nickname) Lee. My middle name is Leigh and it’s a nod to me. None of our kids names “go together”. We just picked them because we liked them. For inspiration, my first is Elizabeth Nicole (hubby’s name is Nick so, nod to him) and my second is Charlotte June.

We do tend to call Elizabeth “Lizzie” but we didn’t start off that way. Her personality feels like a Lizzie. My husband liked Charlotte originally because he liked the nickname Charlie for her, but we mostly call her Charlotte. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've had a girl name picked out for years - Willow. We've always wanted to do something along the lines of nature, birds, or tree names.

Boy names though... While it's not bizarre in the sense that it is a word that exists and isn't difficult to pronounce, DH really wants to name a boy Timber. It works really well with our last name but I am 1 million % convinced our kid would be teased endlessly. And I do not like the name Tim so I wouldn't even be fine with it but call them by a nickname. Using it as a middle name isn't good enough for DH either 🤦‍♀️ help me lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    We’ve had names picked out since we were engaged. But husband backed out of our two other boy names we had already chosen and  we’ve been struggling. For now we’ve settled on Artorius (old English version of Arthur) with a nickname of Ari but I’m not sure I’m sold on it. 
    Husband is definitely sold on it and I don’t know how to tell him we might need to reopen the discussion. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 Ari is definitely super cute for a nickname. I'm personally not a fan of Artorius but my preferences sway more modern, although with the right "old school" name (as in the trend of our grandparent's names becoming popular baby names) I may like something considered old too.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

@sunshineandlemons I love the little nod to you and YH with the middle names. I kinda want to do something similar with our names. DS’s name starts with an L and so does mine. I would love to name this baby with the same first letter as MH’s name. Little nod to both of us without being too obvious. I love Elizabeth and Charlotte! DS has a Charlotte in his toddler class that he has somehow nicknamed Coco Butter lol. I will always think of that when I hear the name.

@inthewoods23 Love Willow! I also know a Willa if you’re looking for a variation. I like Timber in theory, but I would veto any name that I didn’t like the nickname for (and I also hate Tim). Because they will 100% be called by that nickname however much you try to avoid it lol.

@tuxielove93 Artorius is so unique. I like it! Love love love the nickname Ari too. But that’s probably because it reminds me of Aria from Pretty little liars lol.

*TW* TTC history

• Options
    @inthewoods23 I forgot to mention. If you happen to come up with a better nickname for Timber, it’s possible to push it hard and basically avoid the Tim all together. My second son is Nikolai, and I HATED the idea of him being a Nick. We pushed Niko so hard a lot of people have no idea what his full name is 🤣 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 I've been telling people I'd probably give them the nickname Bear. That's not really going to work as they get older though.

@LJMoon6 I also wouldn't want to give them the nickname Tim as my cousin has a son named Timothy who they call Timmy and I don't want to deal with all sorts of confusion (assuming we get back to our more regular family get togethers when covid chills out!).
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    We are having a girl, but had Ashley (Ash for short) Loki picked out for a boy. I hate the name Ashley for a girl though. I really want a strong, historical female name that no one else in the kindergarten class will have. I like Zenobia (Zennie) but DH vetoed it. 

@inthewoods23 - could you find a middle name you liked and call him that? 
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited December 2021
    We're doing horribly with this.  The baby names app sounds interesting @LJMoon6, I might have to try that.  I'm  betting H would do the same thing yours did and not participate, lol.  

I really liked Ovidia for a girl (it's a traditional family name on my side), but H vetoed it immediately.... then my sister mentioned that she'd probably get made fun of by mean kids calling her covid, so that was the final nail in the coffin.  

We've got nothing on the boy front.  I tend to prefer traditional but not super common names, so that's usually a tough bill to fit.  
  • Options
    We have two names for a girl because dh’s uncle named his daughter our first choice so we’re having a hard time deciding if we still want to use it… even though I’ve had my heart set on it since 2014 when we first started ttc and our boy name has been set for a long time. 
    Girl names: Riley or Hayden. Riley is the fave.
    Boy name is Nolan 
  • Options
    Boy names are so much harder than girl names. My husband and I didn't really agree on much the last time around and we ended up with Wyatt because it was the only one that both of us liked. Now we're having another boy so... ugh. Lol
  • Options
    @stardustskies yes! It took my husband and I FOREVER to agree on a boy name. 
  • Options
    I'm having a much harder time figuring out name possibilities this time around.   DS's first name was never in question- I was set on it years before he was ever born. It's my grandfather's first name, and fortunately was also DH's grandfather's middle name, so it worked out well. His middle name took a bit longer to settle on, but still wasn't that difficult. 

With a girl, though, there's none of the same immediate "that's it, that's the name" feeling we had with DS.  I like the idea of using family names like we did with DS, but most of the female names in our families have either been used multiple times, or I'm just not a huge fan of them.  The only real contenders at the moment are Marie or Evelyn (likely for a middle name as a cousin snagged this as a first name for his daughter years ago). 

• Options
    Of course we had a boy name all set and ready to go and then we got our NIPT results back and found out we're having another girl lol

We have three names on a maybe list: Leighton, Madelyn, and Isla. I waited until DD was born to finally decide on a name, and I'll probably be as indecisive as last time. DD's name is Charlotte Elizabeth. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Was curious on everyone’s thoughts- my wife’s name is Ellen, we really like the name Eloise. I like the nickname Ellie. Would that nickname too close to Ellen?
  • Options
    @knottie personally? Yeah that’s way to close for me. But some families have like four people down the line with the same name so it’s really what you’re comfortable with 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    We think we will do Heidi Opal for a girl and Michael Patrick for a boy. We have 6 kids and their names are emma, Zachary, Luke, Hannah, Ella and Andrew.
  • Options
    We are thinking Tegan Mae for a girl and maybe Braxton Gunner for a boy
  • Options
    We've had our girl's name picked for years (I really think this babe is a girl) but we have always struggled with boy names. My husband wants to go with our son's name (Jack) for this babe if it's a boy and I shouted at him *tw-death mentioned*"it's not like naming a dog! You can't give it the same name as the dead one!" Lol (sorry, morbid humor) *end tw* but we have an idea... Maybe

Girls name: Jaesa (middle name Elizabeth Mellanie or Elizabeth Marina)
    Boys name idea: Henry (middle name Michael James), Theodore (middle name Jack Ryan), and my husband really liked Julian but I knew a guy named Julian and don't like it... Being a teacher and deciding names is hard
  • Options
    Names are SO hard! It took us forever to come up with one for my son. We went with a family name, Walter, but we call him Wally most of the time. 

So far we've only talked about gender-neutral names (waiting on the NIPT results, eeeee!) and so far I like Wren, and Read. Read is a nod to both of our moms, combining some of the letters of their names. 

I really like vintage sounding names (obviously.. as I chose Walter) but finding ones my husband and I both agree on is incredibly difficult!

@inthewoods23 I love, love, love Willow! It was actually high on our list last time I was pregnant, before we found out we were having a boy. However, my brother got a cat and named it Willow, so that has sort of like made me feel differently about it. Even though that's silly, it's just a cat, but it feels like the name belongs to her now. Maybe I will get over it, to match the W of my son. We'll see!

• Options
    @courtneyqdk we've sort of had Wren on our list too. Then we'd have a W (and nature) theme with our baby names.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I also like the idea of a nature related name. Willow is great. I also like Juniper and Aspen. We are thinking it would be nice if the name was somewhat gender neutral but we shall see. I've always loved the name Rosemary for a girl and Harvey for a boy (but hubby does not like that name). 

@courtneyqdk I love Walter! My friend named her son that. Old fashioned names are back in style! Maybe that means that my name (Margaret) will come back in fashion? Lol 😆 
  • Options
    I think we're going with Hawthorne Adelaide for this little girl! We already have an Aliceana Priscilla and a Greeley Gillian, so we have to stick with weird names. 😅 P.S. If you can guess what our girls (first names) are named after I will be thoroughly shocked. 
  • Options
    So far I think we have a girl's name down, and half a boy's name. My boyfriend's grandma just died and she was such an amazing woman. We want to use her name as a middle name for a girl - Lily Kathleen, we would probably nick name her Lil Cat as a cute kids name. For a boy we still want to do something for Grandma, and decided on Graham because everyone called her Gramcracker.
    34 year old mama of a 4 year old girl.
    1st birth through years of trying and the wonder drug letrozole.
    Second a great surprise.

• Options
    We have 2 boys…Middle names were easy to pick for them. DS1’s is my dad’s name, who passed away when I was young and DS2’s is Patrick - a name we both love but wouldn’t use as a first name bc we don’t like Pat as a nickname. If we have another boy we have one or two first names we considered in the past we may use. We prefer to have it narrowed down and then wait to meet the baby before deciding.
    That being said, we’ve been in love with the name Natalie Rose (my middle name, which is a nod to my grandma Rosemary) for a girl since we got married. I also like Amelia Jane Rose. I won’t be putting too much thought into names until we find out at the 20 week anatomy scan
  • Options
    We finally decided on a boy name! And istg if hubby changes his mind.... Lmao. We find out the sex in a week or two from the NIPT. So here is our names:

Girl: Jaesa (middle name either Elizabeth Mellanie or Elizabeth Marina)

Boy: Théodore ( middle name Jack Ryan - after our son who passed)
  • Options
    I love reading about everyone’s choices and the meaning behind them! ❤️

After we have the babes, we need to do a Nick name thread because at least with my two kids, their nicknames aren’t exactly from their real names. My 5 year old we call squirmus (she was a squirmy wormy so we called her squirmus wormus so she would have a distinguished name). We also sometimes call her cheese because she used to say her name was Wizzie before she could say her L’s (like cheese whiz). My 2 yo we call “doodle” because my husband would call her Chuck (Charlotte is her name), my now 5yo changed that to Shuck and then it became “shuck a doodle doo” to just plain old “doodle”. 
  • Options
    just foudn out we are having a boy and I thoroughly hate most boy names.  I had such a hard time with my son's name and now I have to come up with another.  I'm just going to lurk here to see if anything sparks my interest, and hopefully this kid will be named by the time he is born.  I"m not into super unique names but don't love super boring names either, and definitely like names that mean something - either the meaning of the name, or some personal relationship to it - Like my son's name was the middle name of both of my grandfathers as well as one of my husband's grandfather's.  We settled on a middle name that was my husband's other grandfathers first name, even though i don't love it, only because I could not come up with something else and just let it go  :D
  • Options
    @runnergirl79 I feel you on boy names. With our son Jack, I just knew in my gut he was a boy and I was dreading it!!! We didn't decide on a name until we confirmed he was a boy and we only went with jack because both my husband and I had grandpa's with that name (his grandpa was jack and mine was Jacques) then my husband's family has a tradition of using the dads name as a middle so it was Jack Ryan, which my husband loooved because of the Tom Clancy novels. 🤦🏼‍♀️

If this one is a boy, I'm thankful we argued it out early. We ended up choosing Théodore because you can shorten it in so many ways: TJ (for Théodore Jack), Teddy, Théo (pronounced Tio - the Th is soft so it sounds like a T with the accent), or Theo pronounced the English way.
  • Options
    As a mom of older kids, teasing for odd names isn't really a thing anymore, but I'm in that boat with you...my husband suggested Jupiter 😬
  • Options
    I agree with above posters - I love reading everyone's current kids / top choices for this baby! I feel like I get more out of it than reading a name list. 
    @inthewoods23 I love Willow! I like the nature "theme" too.
    @tsh2021 I also like kind of "opposite" gender traditional names - I liked Evan for a girl. 

Our first is a boy and that was hard for MH and I. We worked for a placement center for at-risk teen boys and we didn't want a name that ANY of the kids had and that was difficult to find. We ended up using that tinder-like baby name app and the only one we agreed on was Wyatt. ( @stardustskies looks like you have a Wyatt too!) So that's what we went with. He has a family middle name which I do not like but I picked my battles.

I'm hoping for at least one girl this go around, ideally 2 haha! I'm caught somewhere between modern and classic - I really just don't want mu kids hating their names and having to always correct people. This is me - I hate my name so much and always have to correct people on what it is and how it is spelled. 
    Girls I am looking at: Maisie (Maisy), Mackenzie, Lydia, Sadie, or Libby.
    Boys seem to come easier this time: Logan, Sawyer, Levi. I like Silas but it almost rhymes with our last name and would end up in a tongue twister. 
  • Options
    @jellie603 because our boys first names are more unique, we chose very very normal middle names so that if they hated their first name they had an easy fall back. Maybe they’ll hate that one too 🤣 but we tried anyways. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    Now that we are sure it's a boy, we are toying with Ethan, Isaac, Jacob, Joshua, Rowan. May add some more to the list. Hubs vetoed some of the others that I liked. The 3 year old came up with Rowan, IDK where he had even heard that name or if he thinks he made it up lol
  • Options
  • Options
    @stardustskies I have had such a hard time with names as a teacher and I will say I taught kids with all those names and Rowan was my fave out of all of them! An insanely talented singer that kid was, too. Love it! I also like that your son came up with it. My big brother named me too 💕💕💕

@jellie603 and @tsh2021 - I also love opposite gender names. I always wanted something like Ashton or Jo for a girl
  • Options
    @stardustskies Ethan…. That is my favorite baby boy name and my husband has vetoed it. 😭 I love Jacob too.

@jellie603 Lydia is such a pretty name- love it!
  • Options
    @stardustskies We were down to Ethan or Elijah for my oldest. I was pretty convinced he’d be Ethan but once we met him we knew he was Elijah 
    @jellie603 Lydia is on my short list of favorite girl’s names 💕
  • Options
    @zinnia19 love Rosemary and Harvey! We have similar feelings on names it seems! I definitely think older names are making a comeback. I think I am drawn to them because I'm a teacher so the more modern ones I hear over and over, whereas the vintage ones are a little less common 
  • Options
    @courtneyqdk I am a teacher too and I totally agree!