August 2022 Moms
Options

November/December Symptom Thread

1235»

Re: November/December Symptom Thread

• Options
    @ladyzoe89 I am already sleeping propped up on 2 pillows. I get nausea or heartburn if I even think about laying flat or on my belly. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I never had heartburn until I was pregnant with my daughter in 2019. And now, my body is like ooooh wee here we go again! Ugh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ambelance that happens to me too their so sore 
  • Options
    @starkette aww I love that outlook. So true  <3 just a few more weeks!
  • Options
    I feel like that when I'm standing for too long. 
  • Options
    it's literally like my body said oh yea, you're worried about not really having symptoms, ok here ya go! last night was prob my worst night of sleep since my daughter was a newborn, i was just awake every hour basically. and i've hit that i'm hungry, but feel nauseous, wtf why aren't the carbs working phase. my husband came upstairs last night to me eating dry cheerios out of cup. 
  • Options
    @starkette I feel this in my soul. I just sent my partner out for pizza and I am feeling like I won’t it by the time he gets back. First trimester is roughhh
  • Options
    I’m a FTM at 6w+5 and I am constantly nauseous or sick from the moment my eyes open until I fall asleep again, so I’ve been napping like 800 times a day. Going back to teaching littles next week is going to be rough!! I’ve been living off of Cinnamon Raisin Bread and Gatorade. A friend told me to try popsicles, so that’s next up on the list!
  • Options
    @calliecraigen you should pick up some preggie pop drops! They helped me quite a bit when my nausea was at its worst. Also try sea bands they are wrist bands that use acupuncture to relive nausea. I look forward to me and my daughters nap everyday lol 
  • Options
    @calliecraigen I second preggie pop drops!! They have really been helping my day long nausea. 
  • Options
    @starkette I make dinner every night, and it always sounds good when I’m cooking, and then it is completely disgusting to me after I have taken 1 bite. Every. Darn. Night. I’ve mostly been spared the nausea so far, but the food weirdness is real. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit this was me last time - we learned I can't cook a lot during this phase and food needs to be really "modular" so we can swap things in an out as my whims change (rather than like a big crock pot thing that we'd rely on for several meals). Thankfully MH is cool with cooking!
  • Options
    I feel low-key nauseous all the time. It's like I have the norovirus, except eating makes me feel better instead of throw up. 
  • Options
    New symptom for me today: short little painful jolts right in my pubic bone area. I shouldn’t actually say painful, because they don’t actually really hurt that much. I mean, they definitely don’t feel good but I guess it’s more just annoying. Google says it’s probably Symphysis pubis dysfunction that usually doesn’t hit until later but can technically show up anytime so that’s fun. Not. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I'm at the point where everything sounds blah so I've decided to just eat whatever I have available to me because nothing will make my stomach happy right now. Counting down to second trimester: four more weeks.
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream and @paytonpedro - I actually just got the drops and sea bands delivered. Thank you for the recs 💕
  • Options
    @itsme215 I didn't know you could get that so early either. I hope it gets better!

@wisewitch222 I feel the same.

I just made challah and the smell is making me feel nauseous?? Fresh challah is one of the best smells!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @geshem that is tragic about the challah. One day the delicious foods will smell good again...
  • Options
    @calliecraigen ask your OB about vitamin B6 and unisom! For me it makes a huge difference. Still a little nauseous, but I don't feel like I'm on the verge of puking. Also, eating little meals every few hours is key. Hoping you get some relief soon!
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn thank you so much for the suggestions 💕
  • Options
    Any tips to get rid of this nasty metallic taste in my mouth that decided to pop up today? I just drank some chocolate milk that was delicious and helped for a few minutes but it’s back already. 
  • Options
    @itsme215 would sucking on a hard candy help? I haven’t had this symptom but it sounds miserable!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro it might! I’ll give it a shot. It’s super annoying and I hope it doesn’t last long. 
  • Options
    I am at 5 weeks 2 days and due with baby 1 August 31st. Currently I’ve been more tired, having frequent urination, shortness of breath, slightly sore/full breasts, mild occasional cramping, and occasional nausea. 

I’m trying to see friends and family before the nausea hits and Christmas vacation has helped with that. Then I’ll plan to slow my schedule in every way and just say I’m “busy” and no one will know I’m actually home sleeping and likely being nauseous, etc..

This may help you- (All from Amazon) I got “Tummy Drops”  for my nausea, and a nausea inhaler (the size of a chapstick,) and  I’m getting a beaded nausea bracelet. I'm also assembling a pouch for anti nausea that I can have beside my bed, in my purse, or carry with me to the bathroom at family’s place. In the pouch, I’m going to have some snack bags with different kinds of crackers/bars/pistachios, my inhaler, and my tummy drops. Everyone will assume it’s just personal stuff. (Which it is, but not pads and tampons.😅)
  • Options
    @meagan-firsttimemommy8-22 I love it, it's like a pregnancy survival travel pack!

I napped yesterday. I can't think of the last time this happened to me. I didn't mean to, but my eyes just closed while my kids were napping. I'm also off red meat and coffee. Not complaining about any of it. After a few weeks of knowing I was pregnant but not really feeling pregnant, I'm feeling super pregnant now all of a sudden :)  
  • Options
    Currently sitting here dry heaving because mh and ds’s are eating crab and I can’t deal with the smell. No champagne, no crab, no steak (it’s been giving me a stomachache)- what a way to ring in the new year!
  • Options
    @itsme215 I have the same thing, anything mint helps. Gum, hard candy, etc. It comes back eventually after you're done but it at least will give you a decent break.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro we’re having crab for dinner tonight, it hasn’t been brought out yet, but I hope it doesn’t turn me off! I’ve been so excited for it.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @bearmomma1 how did it go? I made mh take the half full garbage bag out immediately and clean up the dishes haha. I usually like crab but starting yesterday morning just the thought of it was making me gag. 
  • Options
    So I'm resource nurse at work right now. I go to changes in conditions, arrests, traumas, and just help out. Welp just had to leave a trauma because I almost threw up everywhere. The trauma wasn't that bad but I guess coupled with hunger and pregnancy it's not a great match. 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom oh no!! I would probably be in the same boat, and blood doesn’t usually bother me at all. I work in the veterinary field and I remember some smells in my first pregnancy that had me running for the bathroom!
  • Options
    Anyone else have let down feelings, but without the let down? I don’t remember feeling this in either of my other full term pregnancies.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro went fine! Haha it’s crazy how I’m not having any food aversions this time. Making me nervous too :/
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @paytonpedro 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’ve been getting random phantom let down since I got my BFP. I thought I was going insane. It’s always super random too 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream ok I’m so glad I’m not alone haha. Mine just started within the last week and it’s been super random as well. TMI but I thought maybe my nips were just hard and that’s what I was feeling but it just happened and they weren’t hard at all. Lol. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro lol same girl! Maybe it’s a New York thing? Lmao JK 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream haha maybe? 🤣🤣