August 2022 Moms
Options

November/December Symptom Thread

Re: November/December Symptom Thread

• Options
    @wisewitch222 ditto! I will eat everything sight! Today it was all about the sweet potatoes. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Flat bread bbq chicken pizza for supper. First meal in a week that I actually enjoyed and didn’t have to force past my nausea… 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited December 2021
    @amanda287 Last night I had a huge salad from Cafe Rio with their shredded sweet pork and it was so good, first thing I've eaten that I actually wanted to eat for like two weeks. Might have one again tonight. The only bad thing is that the salads are so huge I can't come close to finishing and it makes me sad to throw away half. :( But you can't really save salad drenched in dressing.

Also, doc gave me some sample nausea meds! You take it before bed and it's a sleep aid plus anti-nausea that'll slow release through the day. Gonna try it tonight.
  • Options
    Food aversions are real right now. My partner made an awesome steak for me the other night that was on the rare side. I normally love a good medium rare steak, but the sight of this one turned my stomach. I considered asking him to throw it back on the grill but I was already put off of it. I had a couple of bites and put my plate away, and gnawed on a block of cheddar cheese later 😂
  • Options
    My OB gave me some meds to help with nausea but I think they're making me groggy. My head feels stuffed with cotton this morning after taking it. Though I'm not nauseous! Is the trade off worth it? Not sure. I can eat, at least. But I also have a ton of work to do that I just can't focus on right now. Ugh.
  • Options
    @paytonpedro do you think you could be anemic? Have you had that issue before?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I mentioned once before that with my first two pregnancies (girls) I never really had symptoms. 
    This go around queasiness is KILLING me. I never want to eat (like a lot of the moms have said) 
    I haven’t thrown up, thank goodness, but my stomach always feels uneasy then when I’m hungry the hunger pains are the worst. 🙃
    Maybe this means I’m having a boy? Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am feeling so blah. Exhausted, so so nauseous. I feel like I can't get anything done because I feel so sick and so tired. 
  • Options
    @dimeadozen I’ve been chronically anemic most of my life and very anemic during pregnancy. But with the iron I take already(when I remember), my last blood work showed my levels were good. That was about 2 months ago now though. 
  • Options
    @dimeadozen I had very few symptoms with my daughter, and with my with my son I was sick as a dog. So maybe you’re on to something 😉
  • Options
    My boobs are unbelievably sore and heavy compared to before… I been on and off nauseas but no vomiting (yet!).
  • Options
    How are you all dealing with nausea at work? My queasiness has been ramping up the last few days. I took Unisom and B6 last night, but I'm sitting at my desk right now about to have a phone call and I'm starting to feel nauseated again. Took some more B6 and started chewing strong mint gum, so we'll see. I haven't told anyone at work yet, either. I may call my doctor about some meds, but I don't want to feel drowsy!
  • Options
    my sense of smell is through the roof, i do not remember it being this intense my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    @dimeadozen @maggiemadeit I didn't have too many symptoms with my two boys and I think I'm having it a bit worse this time. Think that means I'm having a girl? Who knows :)

I've been having a bit of mild nausea, but I'm just soooo tired. I went to bed early last night and slept about ten hours but I'm still exhausted. At least DH is coming home from his trip tonight. Can I go on strike for the weekend? Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My right hip hurts, it's been so achy all day. Is this round ligament pain? 
  • Options
    @onlygooddays08 I haven't tried this personally, but I've heard that sniffing hand sanitizer (alcohol) helps with sudden waves of nausea, and there should be plenty of that sound the office. 
  • Options
    I'm there with all of you other nauseated mamas. Omg had the worst night and morning. I had lots of stomach pains through the night. Dry heaving every hour from about 5am to 12pm. My body is so shaky and sore. Feeling a bit better. Got some water to stay down. I don't think it's all pregnancy related. I have Crohn's and I ate some stuff last night that usually sets off a flare up. Stupid me. I think it all culminated into the worst morning ever. If this happens again, I'll definitely let my doctor know. But it seems to be ebbing now. Man. It's rough. My husband had to take half a day off so he could let me rest while he takes care of the kids.
  • Options
    @starkette oh man, my sister has Crohn's and I've watched her flairs ups first hand and had to take her to the hospital for them before, I'm so sorry you have to deal with a flair on top of the pregnancy stuff
  • Options
    @dimeadozen I had those exact symptoms when I was pregnant with DS, so maybe! 

@ambelance my left hip has been killing me too! I don't know if it was because I was on my feet all day and then went for a run or RLP... but DH said it felt tight (like tendons were being stretched). 

@onlygooddays08 the mint gum (just mint in general) is my go to, but lately I keep Graham crackers nearby and eat 1 every hour or when nausea starts up. For whatever reason, it settles my stomach for a bit. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Acne. Dear god. My face is so broken out!!! Like even my scalp!!! It’s disgusting! 
  • Options
    @becks105 yes acne! So many bumps on my face and scalp! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @becks105 ugh same. Between wearing a mask and the pregnancy hormones, my poor face. 😩
  • Options
    Ok but pro tip, the blended strawberry lemonade from Starbucks. It’s like tangy and cold, and it helped my nausea so much this morning!!
  • Options
    @becks105 I’ve been to Starbucks once, but I could see a new habit forming if that lemonade helps! Thanks for the tip!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I go from not that hungry/slightly nauseous to starving in 0.3 seconds. I also found I'm very short tempered around 5pm, which is when my daughter gets home, and I've realized it's because I need to eat. Planning on having a snack around 4:30 today to see if that helps :D
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I am SO exhausted and very jealous of my 5 year old who is currently sleeping, because pneumonia. I’ve been sleeping like 10 hours and it’s just not enough 😭 I have done this four other times and I cannot remember it being this bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I get Nausea just a little but I’m eating everything in sight, I’m craving lot and for 2 days straight I’ve been having heart burn… this might sound crazy but I like my symptoms right now I’ve been waiting too long for this I’m so happy and super excited.
  • Options
    Currently 4w 6d and having mild tummy troubles. Hoping the full blown morning sickness holds off until after Christmas! I've been tasked with preparing dishes for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. With my first the nausea started at 6 weeks and was so bad I couldn't even step foot in my kitchen for 10 weeks. 
  • Options
    Good luck, @malloryfrommn! I'm hoping for the same, especially since there will be so many yummy things to eat and I want to enjoy them!
  • Options
    I work 8-12 hour shifts under my belly button area i am cramping so much I can feel the stretching anyone else feel this way I’m only 4wk 6days 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit how far along are you?
  • Options
    @ladyzoe89 yep, all the time! It's not really painful, just constantly noticeable. 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited December 2021
    This fatigue is debilitating. I woke up at 8:30 today, by 10 I couldn’t keep my eyes open but didn’t take a nap, just sat with my eyes closed. We did a little shopping and when we came home I ate and took a nap from 3-4. Now it’s 8 and I’m exhausted. I’m ready to go to bed now. I didn’t do much of anything at all at home and I feel like I am just absolutely drained. I’m starting a new prenatal tonight that has the iron right in it and I’m hoping tomorrow is a better day. I also didn’t drink coffee today. Meh. Anyone else just not able to function? 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I am feeling it too. I’ve had to nap every day. In the morning I can barely function, after sleeping 10 hours. I don’t remember it ever being this bad for me. I don’t know how I’m going to make it through winter break with no break from children 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I’m tired AF but then I sleep like absolute garbage at night, so much tossing and turning 😖
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I am so exhausted too. I fell asleep leaning against the wall in my daughter's bed yesterday. I'm so tired all the time. My house is an absolute disaster also. 
  • Options
    @and_peggy I haven’t even thought of Christmas break. God help us.

@coco2787 yeah basically same, but that’s pretty normal for me. I always sleep like crap. Maybe it’s just catching up with me?

@leahrnmom ugh my house is a disaster as well, and I have absolutely no ambition to pick it up. Even when I do my children and husband have it looking the same in a day or two anyways. I just don’t have the energy for it. And we’re hosting Christmas dinner at my house…. So I literally have to clean. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro my husband is a huge culprit of my disaster. He has presents for his family strewn throughout the dining table. I am trying to be fine with it because I don't have the energy to clean it anyway
  • Options
    I don’t have any nausea yet but if I think too much about eating while I’m eating I start gagging. (I don’t know if that even makes sense lol) 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19