March 2022 Moms
Options

Monday B-fest

This one can sometimes get people chatting!

Let out all your complaints and frustrations here!

Did your partner eat your leftovers that you had been looking forward to all day?

Is your boss a prick?

Is your little nugget somehow kicking your liver AND your bladder at the same time?

Did you have a lovely dream and then wake up to find you're not actually married to Ryan Reynolds?

Did some jerk cut you off in traffic?

Did you drop something, and now it's stuck on the floor forever?

Hmm..ok..yea you get the idea. I should stop working myself up over imaginary scenarios. 😅

Share your frustrations, big and small!

Re: Monday B-fest

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited November 2021
    Okay for real what is it going to take for me to get healthy? I have had a cold on and off for weeks. The congestion and sinus pain is so frustrating. 

My other BF. So DH has a major snoring problem. It has been a big issue in our relationship and has caused a lot of fights lately. Finally he went to see an ENT and they gave him Flonase while he waits to get in for a sleep study. He thinks that Flonase has completely cured his snoring and is driving me nuts. He used to at least switch positions when it got bad and I asked but now he is just dead to the world and sleeps through my begging. I am so tired 😩. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 ughhh the snoring. I move to the guest room frequently. Too bad we're about to lose our guest room. I feel you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kgg2241 +1 on the sinus pain! Its been three whole weeks now, started with congestion and then moved to just sinus pain and sinus headaches! I have getting rest and fluids, taking tylenol. I am SO ready to feel healthy again! Its like waking up with a hangover every single day for weeks even though I didn't get any wine :(
  • Options
    @kgg2241 I hope the sleep study slaps a cpap machine in him fast! 😂 It has made a HUGE difference for my husband and I. We’re both better rested. Have you tried earplugs? I wore them nightly until he had his machine.
  • Options
    @rachelredhead I have such anxiety with earplugs because I'm worried I won't be able to hear DD, and I know for sure he won't. He could sleep through anything. I might need to give it a shot though. She usually sleeps through the night. 

@realhousewife519 Fx we both get feeling better soon!
  • Options
    @kgg2241 totally understand that anxiety. FWIW, I was always able to hear my son, maybe some kind of ninja mama hearing. The earplugs just kinda muffled husband’s snoring enough to allow me to go to sleep. Sometimes I’d even just wear one earplug and have my other muffled by the pillow, that helped me feel less anxious about listening for DS. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 SO still doesn't believe that he snores 🙄 I guess that's the one benefit to currently living in different cities 🤣
  • Options
    @kgg2241 have you tried smothering him with a pillow?
    😇
  • Options
    Here's my BF..

I have reached a point in pregnancy where I am spending $$$ on nice soft TP, because my who-ha is raw from 35 trips to the bathroom a day....😅
  • Options
    @kgg2241 they say we are more prone to colds and other illnesses since our body is busy protecting the baby. I hope you feel better room! Ask your obgyn if it’s okay for you to take a vitamin c supplement or anything that boosts the immune system. 
  • Options
    I’m just overwhelmed with everything. Traveling to work (1hour 20 mins each way) longs hours, cleaning the house, planning and grading for work with not enough time to get those things done during the work day. My husband does a lot around the house and we are in the same profession so I can tell he’s burnt out too. I feel like we need a refresher- maybe go away during December break. We haven’t traveled since pre-Covid and I think we need something to look forward to instead of our every day routine. 
  • Options
    @MusicalFamily an hour and 20 minute commute would cause me so much stress. I can't imagine how hard that would be. It definitely sounds like you need a little getaway and some time to recoup. 
  • Options
    As I was finishing cooking dinner tonight DH was heating up food in the microwave. That he intended to eat instead. Until he saw my face when I asked him about that. Sorry I rushed home to try and get the meal on the table while yo I watched tv with DS 🙄 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker love this as a topic - good call!! 

@kgg2241 I feel the same about earplugs or headphones! I am the only one to hear DD1, even with the monitor at max volume. DH barely hears his phone at max volume when he is on call overnight 🙄 
  • Options
    @MusicalFamily that commute is BRUTAL! No wonder you're exhausted! Commuting takes up SO much of the day. It's hard to get anything done!

@nursejenn5 ooooh I would be SO mad! Man shoulda had dinner going 😡

@jenis_fan_for_life I feel a good vent is cathartic and I hight encourage it. Helps prevent bottling up! Plus, it definitely gives me perspective, and appreciation for what others are going through!
  • Options
    @kgg2241 +1 vote to get him to do a sleep study! A lot of times they can be done at home and you turn the equipment in. I did one end of September after MH has been b*thing at me for literal years that I snore. Guess what, I have sleep apnea. Just got my CPAP earlier this week and it really isn't too uncomfortable. The sleep study equipment was way worse! The two days I've used it so far I feel better rested. 

@MusicalFamily ughhhh i feel you on that commute! I was doing 2 hrs one way and that lasted about 2 weeks before saying NOPE NOPE NOPE.  (initial plan was to move closer but housing fell through)

@goldfishcraker life's too short to use rough TP ;) 

@nursejenn5 😒 not cool bro. 

My BF, my cholestasis labs came back normal which is a plus, but I also have tendonitis in my foot which hurts like a mofo. Sadly there isn't much I can do for it except in suffer through. Ice doesn't help. Heat doesn't help. I'm already using compression socks so an ace bandage wouldn't make much difference. I can't take NSAIDS. The only thing that helps is staying off of it, but with two littles already at home you can imagine how well I can "rest" 😩

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @MusicalFamily - oh man, I do not envy you with that long commute! I hope you are both able to spend some quality time together before baby arrives! You deserve to be pampered!
    @nursejenn5 I'd be so annoyed as well! Hopefully, he can cook a meal for you!
    @goldfishcraker girl, I feel you. Rough TP is the worst!!
    @lurvleybunchococonuts ugh, sorry you are having tendonitis!

My BF? DH goes out and gets coffee nearly every day from a nearby coffee shop. The shop has donuts, croissants, other baked goods, and other drinks. Does he ever ask if I want anything? Of course not. He just thinks of himself. Come on, man!
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 that is downright grounds for divorce (being very sarcastic)! But that is downright RUDE!!!! 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    Omg @jennifer_m21 i would be pissssssed. Set that man straight lol
  • Options
    @kgg2241 Do you have a different bed you can go to if his snoring gets bad?  My DH doesn't snore often, but sometimes he does and I can't sleep.  I go to out guest room because I really value my sleep.  He always feels awful and guilty if I do it, which I don't mind since he did wake me up :smile:

@MusicalFamily That is a long commute!  Do you have any options to not have to spend so much time commuting?  With COVID a lot of places have made different things available.

@jennifer_m21 I would definitely be pissed.  If DH did this, I would lay on a thick guilt trip just so that he would remember next time.

My BF- I have to fly to Spain for work leaving on Sunday.  We had Bruins tickets and that has now been turned into a guys event since I had to bail for work.  I hate missing out on the rare fun events we get these days.  Work feels like it is taking over my life recently.
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 We are a family of Bruins fans over here. We always used to drive to Buffalo for all the Bruins games...pretty sure SO would have me quit my job if they made me miss a Bruins' game 🤣
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 Unfortunately no, we have a super small house. He refuses to sleep on the couch and it is too uncomfortable for me right now, which is what has caused most of our fights lately. I'm sorry you have to miss the game. That would be hard. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 start waking him up everytime he starts snoring? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I've been known to jab elbows, knees, and shake the sh*t out of MH until he wakes up and adjusts if he's snoring so badly I can't sleep. Because although yes, I snore, so does he! I'm attempting to convince him to do a sleep study for himself. 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @Panaceia We are on the list for Bruins season tickets. So hopefully more opportunities in the future. I feel spoiled now with having them 20 mins away if you were having to drive to Buffalo for games.

@kgg2241  You should definitely wake him up and make him shift or have him work on other solutions. Being pregnant, sleep is too valuable. You deserve to get a good nights sleep 
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 I wish- but I’m tenured here, I have great benefits that I don’t pay a lot for, I’m in a top school in the country and job security. I’m looking forward to maternity leave lol! 
  • Options
    Someone in the question thread mentioned 
    Glucose screening...
    I'm really not looking forward to it. I know everyone hates it. 
    Last time, I had no issue getting the drink down.
     But sitting in a very crowded waiting room for an hour in summer, with no air flow...it took EVERYTHING I had to not puke.

And now, sitting around a waitingroom for an hour with COVID...urg.
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker my office tells us we can hang out in our cars, would that be an option? I much prefer the idea of sitting in my car listening to a book or music than watching paint dry in a waiting room. 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker my office had me take the drink home with me at my last appointment and then I have to drink it an hour before I come in for my appointment. Maybe you can ask if you can do something like that? 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 and @rachelredhead it's definitely worth asking!

We have moved across the city since my last pregnancy, so this lab is in the mall. So maybe I can walk around the mall at least, instead of sitting in the waiting room!
    And it's only 5 min from home...it would be nice to go home for 45 min haha
  • Options
    I just thought if another one...

It has been....145 days since I had sex. (I only know because it's when we conceived baby haha).

I JUST realized it'll still be another 14 weeks before I'm allowed to do it again... (and honestly, what's the chance I'm going to be the least bit interested when I'm 37 weeks pregnant?😅)

I feel sad 😂😂
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker I go for my screening on Thursday...luckily they only let about 5 people in the waiting room at a time so hopefully it won't be crowded...and I'm right there with you on the sex...I've just been too sick...pretty sure vomiting during sexy time just wouldn't be that sexy.. I'm fine waiting until baby is here and I'm not sitting with my head in a toilet all day....😅
  • Options
    Not sure if you have a quest by you. I had to do mine at quest and they make you stay in the waiting room. 🙄 I wish I could go to my car. I went on a weekday when they first opened and there was hardly anyone there. 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker before my anatomy scan I told DH that we should probably have sex in case we find out something that makes it so we can’t for the remainder of the pregnancy😂 but I was also a crazy person and enjoyed sex at 37 weeks with my first😅 2nd trimester(beginning usually) hormones make me want to DTD but this time around just too exhausted all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thankfully DH is a good sport about it. We also seem to get a good sex life going. Then get pregnant 😂
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 same over here, I felt like our sex life was in a good groove before each pregnancy (I mean, I guess that could be why I’m pregnant 😂). Last time we definitely had more sex and this time I’m just worn out all the time. 
  • Options
    I feel ya!  I feel so bad for DH!  Between me being exhausted and here lately, nausea has returned full force with baby boy moving anytime i stop moving, im just not in the mood.  So then I have these crazy pregnancy dreams that DH is sleeping with someone else 🙄  I KNOW better but LOL. We have a crazy great sex life outside of pregnancy but last 2 times I've been on bed rest in the beginnings and this time I'm just not into right now.  REALLY hoping that feeling passes soon 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @nursejenn5 my drive has been SO high 😅. I have had multiple....dreams. and have woken up twice to what felt like contractions (rock hard belly and all 😅). Good thing MH has more self control than I do because (FFC) I have seriously contemplated disobeying doctors pelvic rest orders on several occasions haha.

@Panaceia I 100% would be in the same boat as you if I were dealing with everything you are!!

I had complications after my last delivery, and needed (minor) surgery at 17wks PP. It resulted in 2nd degree burns ALL over down there. So we didn't even attempt to DTD till... 7+ months PP. It was a LONG wait from conception to 7months PP.. 😬
    ETA: it was way more painful than I expected (not surprising in retrospect, there were a lot of stitches and scar tissue from a 3rd degree tear). And between that and the sleep deprivation, we never got back into our pre-baby healthy sex life. Which...I feel guilty and disappointed about
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker oh no! That sounds awful!  I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that!  Hopefully things will be easier this time and wait PP isn't nearly as long! 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker that sounds horrible! I’m hoping this time around will be so smooth for you! My first time after DS it was a lot more uncomfortable than I was expecting (I think it was 3ish months pp) and in all honesty didn’t get really good until close to the year mark. Then got pregnant again 😆 I’m gonna be waayyy more proactive with some pelvic floor PT this time around! 
  • Options
    @goldfishcraker I’m sure you guys will get back into a good healthy routine. These times certainly aren’t easy when your body just doesn’t feel like your own. I was naïve thinking we would keep up a consistent amount while pregnant… that definitely hasn’t happened 🤷🏻‍♀️ I feel a little guilty, but DH totally gets it. 
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 it's so wonderful when partners are supportive 🥰

Our OB used to yell at DH every appointment "YOU DON'T TOUCH HER!!" 😂😂 Now with COVID, DH doesn't get to come. So OB just asks "he leaves you alone, right?" Last time I replied "The problem is more my struggling to leave HIM alone!😂" And the OB says "YOU DON'T TOUCH HIM"😂😂
    Oh how the tables turn hahaha