Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

5 Years in, no luck yet

sstoro2020sstoro2020 member
edited August 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and, well I'm not exactly sure where to start.  I guess I'll start with telling you that my husband and I have been together for 5 years, married now for 1 (woohoo!) and in all this time, not one pregnancy "scare".  We haven't  been trying not to get pregnant, but also not trying to either.  That is until about a year ago, right before the wedding.  Now we are on pace with the rabbits in spring time, only no baby bunnies have been made yet.  I'm not sure exactly where to go from here since I am the only one in my family that has had trouble conceiving.  My husband is in the same boat, all the women in his family get pregnant if you look at them for too long!  Any of you out there in similar shoes, or have been and can give me a push in the right direction?  I'd love to get some input or suggestions.

So you know, we have visited the doctors and they have basically pushed us to a fertility clinic, but as of this moment, our insurance wouldn't cover anything other than the visit itself.  No drugs, no procedures, nada.  Super helpful!  I'm wondering also if there are any holistic options we can try out.  Maybe something worked for you that might work for me too.

Cheers,

Shelli

Re: 5 Years in, no luck yet

• Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    edited August 2021
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and, well I'm not exactly sure where to start.  I guess I'll start with telling you that my husband and I have been together for 5 years, married now for 1 (woohoo!) and in all this time, not one pregnancy "scare".  We haven't  been trying not to get pregnant, but also not trying to either.  That is until about a year ago, right before the wedding.  Now we are on pace with the rabbits in spring time, only no baby bunnies have been made yet.  I'm not sure exactly where to go from here since I am the only one in my family that has had trouble conceiving.  My husband is in the same boat, all the women in his family get pregnant if you look at them for too long!  Any of you out there in similar shoes, or have been and can give me a push in the right direction?  I'd love to get some input or suggestions.

So you know, we have visited the doctors and they have basically pushed us to a fertility clinic, but as of this moment, our insurance wouldn't cover anything other than the visit itself.  No drugs, no procedures, nada.  Super helpful!  I'm wondering also if there are any holistic options we can try out.  Maybe something worked for you that might work for me too.

Cheers,

Shelli

QFP

Hi @sstoro2020 - welcome! @optimistgardener has given you some great advice above, please introduce yourself in the Newbies thread with your history, and pop into the IF (infertility) thread with your questions. I have a lot of recommendations, some of which can involve a holistic or natural medicine doctor if that is your preference. 

ETA: I'm chuckling at "Now we are on pace with the rabbits in spring time, only no baby bunnies have been made yet." I'm so sorry for your troubles and am in no way laughing at you but oooh boy can I relate, not just because we're also almost 4 years into TTC ourselves, but that I grew up with bunnies and well, let me tell you, we went from 2 to 17 in a few months' time because "humping like bunnies" is a real thing. It also only takes about 5 seconds and BAM, babies. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23