Infertility
Options

July/August 2021 FET

Re: July/August 2021 FET

• Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 Yay! I'm praying for no more delays for you! I'll lurk on the Sept/Oct FET to see you @skyee87 and @mojoflower cross the FET finish line. :-D Right now I'm taking NatureMade prenatal multi+DHA; previously I've taken Rainbow Light, which I hated. The pills were giant and made me gag. Do you have one that you really like? I'm open to suggestions!

@tinjp78 I've been keeping you in my thoughts every day. I'm so confident that you are going to get your take home baby, but I'm heartbroken that your path has been beyond difficult. I hope you're able to get in to your new clinic as soon as you're ready. Sending you lots of hugs and hope for healing. <3 
  • Options
    @danij823 I’m so happy for you love. Please don’t be guilty/feel bad about posting your happy news in here. Even though I just had a sad experience, I still want to see everyone else in here succeed. Heck, I even wanna see your rainbow babies’ new-born pictures posted. Knowing how difficult the IF journey is, seeing someone get to the goal is such an encouragement for me. It keeps me moving forward. So, keep posting your updates, I’m looking forward to all of them 💕. 

@Bababatty Woohoo!!! Wonderful wonderful beta. Grow baby grow. 🥰

@strajn01 Thank you for thinking of me. ❤️

Afm Bleeding had subsided but having slight cramping form time to time. I’m trying to move as much as I can but I take some rest when I think I’ve done too much. I’m hoping to lose the almost 3kg weight I gained for the past couple of months, DH and I will be going for a walk tonight to exercise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Bababatty I take those same prenatals but my RE had prescribed me some once. I can't remember the name but she prescribed them because I would have better folate absorption if I took them. 

@tinjp78 How was your walk? I am glad you are looking for another clinic because I think you said the wait time was really long at the previous clinic.
  • Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 The walk was fun but DH and I got a take out from KFC on our way home, not a very smart move but we’ll try better next time 😅 As for the new clinic, we’ve almost decided on it. We’ll probably book an appointment within this month.
  • Options
    @tinjp78 I used to like KFC wedges but then they changed the french fries, and they aren't as great. I got Church's Chicken the other day. I am vegetarian but I like the sides there.

I am looking forward to hearing updates when you go to a new clinic. I hope your experience is better there.
  • Options
    @tinjp78 I'm glad you took a walk (and rewarded yourself with KFC ;-) -- I think you deserve that even though I know you're trying to loose weight). Prior to this FET I also spent some time losing some weight and "working out" (I use the term loosely, lol) because it felt like something I could control and like it would probably help the process. So I totally get the desire to get out there and get moving! I'll keep following along on the IF board to hear how your new clinic is working out!

• Options
    @mojoflower Same here. I don't want to leave either and will keep coming back even after I "hopefully" get to move to a BMB. 

I did not know that Kevin Costner had a band. It's good to get a break. I know what you mean. I spend a lot of time reading about fertility foods, counting the days till transfer, etc.
  • Options
    @mojoflower I am living vicariously through you. Jealous of your 2 drinks and concerts! I have been hanging my head over a toilet every day...this time not due to alcohol consumption haha. Please keep us updated with your 10/21 FET. So exciting!!! I might have to stalk you girls on the Oct. board to keep getting updates. 

@romeoandjuliet146 I am vegetarian too! I am an animal lover and cannot bear to eat them! It has been difficult to get protein in so I have been drinking protein shakes and eating a lot of tofu, veggies and fruits for the babies, but it is hard to keep it down. The all day nausea is unbearable. 

@tinjp78 you exercised and rewarded yourself. All about life balance right! You deserve that KFC and you shall have it! 6 pounds is nothing and will come of in no time. Sometimes a drink a bottle of water and gain 6 pounds, lol. 

@bababatty- congratulations!!!! when do you go back to your doctor for your next ultrasound? I am nine weeks today and go back 9/27 when I will hopefully be 12 weeks. I hope I get to hear the heartbeats then. 

Do any of you know when you can find out the gender? No one has given me a definitive answer. I think someone told me there is a test they can run at 13 weeks to test for down syndrome and you can find out the gender then, but I don't want to do that genetic test. I would rather not know, but I do want to know the gender so I can start buying stuff!
  • Options
    @KTB81 generally speaking, if you’re not doing genetic testing, you find out gender at the 20 week anatomy scan. 

But my husband and I are team green!
  • Options
    @tinjp78 How have you been?
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited September 2021
    @romeoandjuliet146 thanks for checking up on me. I’ve been keeping myself busy by doing some gentle yoga and walking with DH. We’ve booked our appt at the new clinic on 9/14, so I’m preparing some documents that we might need. Also, Ive just finished enrolling for my MA course this sem, actually starting to write my thesis now so everything seems to be moving forward. I’ll be checking you guys on the Sept/October board. Your transfer is soon right? I’ll be cheering you on and stalking you there 🥰
  • Options
    So I know I’m a little ahead. My FET was at the end of June. But today I’m officially in the 2nd trimester!
  • Options
    @strain01 Congratulations on entering the 2nd trimester! How are you feeling? Did you have morning sickness during the first trimester? 

@tinjp78 It sounds like you are keeping busy. I hope your appointment goes good and you come back to update afterwards. I have an appointment this week to check my lining, so not sure when the transfer will be. 
  • Options
    @strajn01 congratulations on entering the 2nd trimester! I will officially enter the 2nd as of 9/28 and have my second ultrasound on 9/27.
    I am sick as a dog. I am currently taking vitamin B6 and unisom, but I am throwing up multiple times a day. It starts in the morning and continues into the evening. It is absolutely awful. Any advice? I worry that I may have to contact my doctor soon for Zofran, but I know it is not FDA approved and it worries me, but I can't keep getting sick like this. I can barely do anything. :(
  • Options
    skyee87skyee87 member
    edited September 2021
    @KTB81 oh no on feeling so sick! Have you tried snacking during the evening/overnight? I had a friend that struggled quite a bit until she started snacking over night (saltines, etc.). Turns out, in her case, that her nausea was being triggered not only by elevated hormones but by acidity in her stomach overnight (due to not eating then because she was doing what we all would do - sleep!). I’m so sorry you’re going through this friend! Other folks here will definitely have better suggestions but wanted to mention. In any event, so exciting for you to be so close to the second trimester!! ❤️ Sending you much love. 

@strajn01 congrats on making it to the second trimester! So excited for you! ❤️
  • Options
    @KTB81 Wow, already almost the second trimester! It seems like just yesterday you were getting the transfer.

Sorry, you feel so bad. I hear it gets better once you get to the second trimester. I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    @tinjp78 Good luck with your appointment tomorrow (which is probably today for you!)! Sending you lots and lots of love and all the positive vibes in the world that this clinic is the one that gives you your take home baby. 

@ktb81 So sorry to hear about the constant morning sickness! I don't have any good advice for that level of sickness, but I'd definitely talk to your OB about options beyond zofran since you're worried about that. 

@stajn01 congratulations on being second tri already!
  • Options
    @tinjp78 How was your appointment?
  • Options
    New here :)

FET August 23rd, three very strong positive betas and now waiting for the first ultrasound on September 21st. It’s almost worse than the TWW!!

Hoping someone has some tips on how to stop worrying about every little thing my body does. My mind goes immediately to the negative and I’m trying to stay as positive as posible.

Also, any tips on how to make the PiO shots less painful? I’m in the home stretch (I hope) for them but they seem to be getting worse each time. 
  • Options
    @kma21514 Hi! I found rubbing after the shot and using a heating pad after helped.

@tinjp78 Hope you are doing well and like your new clinic!
  • Options
    @strajn01 so exciting!  I’ll be 12 weeks on Friday.  Feels unreal still. 

I hope all of you ladies are doing well!  
  • Options
    @kma21514 Congratulations on the strong betas! Good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!
  • Options
    @danij823 Glad to hear you are doing well! Always good to hear updates from everyone!
  • Options
    @danij823 I didn't realize we are so close! My 12 weeks will be 9/28, just 4 days behind you. I go in for another ultrasound 9/27. My due date is March 29th now because of twins. 
  • Options
    Quick update:

First US yesterday at 6w6d and got a heartbeat! Seemed a little low to me but doc said everything looks great. We measured at 117bpm. Doc said he likes to see anything over 100bpm but google says it should really be over 120bpm. I might just be over thinking everything since the doc seemed excited that everything was on track. 

Next (and last) US with the fertility clinic is Oct 5 so back to the TWW. Glad to finally be close to graduating from the clinic after all these years of TTC!
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone is still on here. I had my 12 week ultrasound on Monday! Babies are doing great! Heart rate Baby A- 160 and Baby B- 158. Baby A is 5.13 cm and Baby B is 5.20. 
  • Options
    @KTB81 I'm still here. So happy for you and your beautiful babies!
  • Options
    @KTB81 still here and so happy for you!! <3
  • Options
    @KTB81 How is your morning sickness now? 
  • Options
    @KTB81 Congratulations!!
  • Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 the morning sickness is still awful. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and was hoping it would stop at the 12 week mark, but it hasn't. I have only put on 4 pounds in 13 weeks because of the nausea. :(
  • Options
    It took forever but I can finally update!

09/21 ( day before my late Mom's birthday) was my transfer
    10/01 beta 520.3
    10/04 beta 1855

First ultrasound in few weeks!

• Options
    OMG!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!  I almost jumped out of my chair!!! Congratulations mama!!!!
  • Options
    @KTB81 Thank you  :)
  • Options
    @romeoandjuliet146 YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    congrats to @romeoandjuliet146 and @KTB81 wonderful news!

how is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I have been super busy lately at work and away from the boards.  I am 15 weeks already and starting to show, especially at night.  Still in disbelief after all we went through, but definitely more relaxed and very thankful.  

Hope everyone is doing good too  <3
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Congratulations @gabriellem99 as well on being 15 weeks already! AFM I'm doing well:

I'm 10 weeks and everything is going swimmingly. I'm sad we're all in different BMBs, though--if the rest of you are participating in your BMBs?--because I miss seeing you all.