Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 4.19

2»

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 4.19

• bows22bows22 member
    edited April 2021
    @kiki047 which vaccine would it be? Edit - to clarify just looking to see if it’s J&J because that would change my answer because it’s only 1 dose 
  • @kiki047. i am not sure if Canada will have the same rules, but I know a *ton* of people who have gotten vaccinated by just showing up at the vaccine sites at the end of the day (like 5 PM). The usual protocol in the US is to give any unused doses to anyone you can. If I were you, I would call and see if this is the protocol near you, and if yes (or even if you can't get a clear answer), I would just show up at a big testing site at the end of the day and ask if there are any unused doses. It sounds weird but I know easily 10-15 people who have done this in the US and it has worked for all of them (and they are scheduled for a second dose on time just like anyone else). 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Loading the player...
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    edited April 2021
    @bows22 it'll be either Pfizer or Moderna. 
    @bumblebee0210 unfortunately they won't let us do that, they specifically have a wait list when you sign up that asks if you want to be added to get a notification if they have cancellations and/or leftover vaccines to possibly be able to qualify sooner. So they're not accepting any walk-ins whatsoever in my area. I know some of the downtown locations were doing that but it was chaos once people caught word of it so I think they're also using a wait list system. I tried calling but the automated message says they're so overwhelmed with requests they've disabled the phone line. So helpful eh? 

*editing to clarify - I'd like to believe they're not wasting any doses but I have so little faith in our healthcare system right now, I've heard rumours of thousands of wasted doses but also that everyone I know who has just shown up without an appt has been turned away. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• bows22bows22 member
    edited April 2021
    @kiki047 If it were me, this is how I think I’d approach it. I assume your RE is fine with whatever? 

1. (I had this typed and then saw your comment about the phone lines above, but maybe things will calm down and you’ll be able to get through) I’d try to call and see if I can explain the situation to someone. If they have the vaccines already they may be able to work something out if you get lucky? At least here, getting the appointment was a struggle but once you are “in” places are willing to work with you. 

2. If I couldn’t find a way to get it earlier I personally would wait until I was (🤞) solidly in the first tri. This is assuming the article I saw today that there is a peer-review study that the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines are safe for pregnant women is valid because I haven’t looked any further than skimming the article. 

3. If you think you could get exposed to covid before you’d feel comfortable getting it, I would just go ahead and do it since it’s just dose 1. I don’t think that does much other than teach your body how to respond to the virus? Not a scientist obviously. 
  • @bumblebee0210 Haha what do you mean, you stalked me? That doesn't sound creepy at all  :D  ;)

TW: LC, MC 
    Primary IF has to be worse. Sometimes I feel like an imposter being here, because it was unbelievably easy for me to get pregnant four times (the last one ending in a TFMR). I don't even think I would characterize what I'm going through as secondary IF (is there a certain definition?) as I don't really have a diagnosis, I'm just old and have gone through two losses,have been working at this, so to speak, for over a year. I joined this board primarily because I wanted some first hand experience stories with fertility treatments, and have come to really care for, learn from, and cheer on all of you here  <3 

@kiki047 Unless you are at risk for getting Covid (you are an essential worker, are in close contact with others regularly, etc) I would wait until after transfer, only because if you get side effects from the vaccine, they may not do the transfer. I had very mild effects after the first shot (I was just really tired that evening, and by the next day I was totally fine), but the second shot has kinda kicked my ass. I tried to get a doctor appointment for something unrelated yesterday, and I failed the Covid questionnaire because I technically have symptoms that, even though I know they're from the vaccine, they are the same as if I had Covid, so I have to wait 2 weeks for that appointment. I am not worried at all about the actual vaccine affecting the IVF process, it's being denied procedures because of side effects. That's why I was so relieved that my transfer was the day before my shot, not the other way around. 
  • *Lurking*
    @kiki047
    I ran into this issue with my transfer. My second dose of vaccine was supposed to be almost 2 weeks prior to transfer. My RE wanted me to wait a month to transfer, especially since we were doing intralipids and prednisone for potential immune issues. You can discuss with your RE, but IMO better to delay either the vaccine or the transfer. Not an easy decision to make, good luck! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• edited April 2021
    @kiki047 it's not your situ but I'm going to get my second dose of moderna on my first day of stims this cycle. I was worried about it but the clinic said (and this may be relevant for you) because it wasn't close to a potential transfer date they weren't worried about it. I'm probably going to freeze any embryos and transfer later, but even if i transfer this same cycle they aren't worried.
    For what it is worth, i have a friend who spiked a 24-hour long fever at 104 degrees after her 2nd dose of moderna, and I know a number of other people who had both pfizer and moderna that had 101-ish fevers for a day or so after the 2nd dose. You're unlikely to get much more than a sore arm and a bit of fatigue after your first dose (it's the 2nd one that's the doozy) but I'd be worried about risk of a fever like that close to my transfer date because it's my hazy understanding that those kinds of temperatures can be a bad idea around implantation. But I also don't really understand what's going on inside my body, so... 🤷‍♀️
    Edit for clarity.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @bumblebee0210
    Thank you so much for so eloquently expressing primary vs. secondary infertility. 🙏🏻

@kiki047 not sure if you saw Dr. Aimee's vid I posted to the Covid discussion thread. She says not to get a vaccine so close to a transfer. Glad to hear that your kitty is doing well, that your lining is thinning out, that that you're getting ready to start stims hopefully next week!!! 

Also wanted to share this video that...
    I watched yesterday on hilariously_infertile. It's an interview with actress Camille Guaty and her IF journey (that ended with having a son through egg donation.) It's... very raw, so TW TW TW. Having been on this journey now for 16 months, and just starting down the IVF path, I've already started thinking/discussing with MH "What if this doesn't work? Would you consider donor route?" (MH isn't really there yet; and I have to say that I'm only there because I've been doing 90% of the research work in our IF journey... which is unfortunately typically the case). Anyways, it's a worthwhile watch but could be triggering because she discusses DOR, failed IVF, many failed transfer, failed first donor experience - while having to play a 38 pregnant woman giving birth at Christmas - and being given a 14 day old baby on set, and then finally success with a donor whose ER yielded only 1 normal embryo.) 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @kiki047 I don't have any advice, other than I know my clinic would absolutely NOT advise you to take it during that timing.  Amongst the possibility of side effects, and not knowing what was the cause (procedural side effects or vaccine side effects), they also point out that if you have a fever, you might not be able to be admitted for your next procedure.  I sincerely believe it's not a good idea, in case you had symptoms of OHSS or anything else after your retrieval, plus the chance you might not be able to transfer, either.  Hope you find a solution that works for you and your schedule!!! 😬 I know it's tough.
  • @keikilove @kiki047 hiiiii friends!!!! 

Yes, MH was on Clomid for a year (he’s currently taking a pandemic induced break aka he was too paranoid to to get blood work done, so his RX needs to be rewritten.) Can absolutely confirm he felt nothing to complain about, and in fact felt better on Clomid than not. He had more energy and it was a positive impact on his testosterone and his (ahem) “output”. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited April 2021
    @mvt2003  Hiiiii!!! Thanks so much for coming at our beck and call.😄 I really appreciate you sharing YH’s experience on Clomid. I will pass it on to MH. 

@kiki047 So glad to hear you have a chance at the vaccine on Wednesday. FX that works out!💕 Thanks for paging @mvt2003—I couldn’t quite remember who it was whose husband took Clomid, I guess. I don’t have an elephant’s memory like @acleverusername.😉 Also, thanks for asking about MH’s wash-out cycle. I think it was 2 weeks ago when y’all were theorizing about whether he had to try to “clear out his system” every couple of days or so.😂 I was too busy to do more than lurk, but I did laugh & pass on the well wishes to him, hahaha. Oddly, he didn’t think it was a good idea to relieve himself too often, 🤷‍♀️  even though I encouraged him to.  

Here’s my recap & update:

Unbeknownst to me, DH took testosterone and a bunch of protein shakes & energy drinks to the point that his sperm count dropped from averaging 15million to just ONE million last month. So, he finally started taking all his supplements plus Clomid to create new sperm fast. His sperm count at the IUI 2 days ago was only TWO million—so, improvement yes, but not great. Dr said she’d give it one more month to improve and then encourage us to do IVF again if it isn’t drastically better. So next month I plan to send him to do another sperm analysis on his own, and depending on those results we might do one more IUI a few days later. I’m not going to even consider IVF until he has  definitely generated all new sperm after 90 days. I don’t want to risk the embryologist selecting sperm that had been exposed to all the junk he was taking that clearly damaged his sperm so badly. Anyway, that timeline takes us to June and maybe one more round of IVF (DuoStim). The other part of my update is that at the IUI my RE said my lining was at 10mm and she saw four eggs: 20mm, 21mm, 23mm, and a 28mm. (Last month I had 3 eggs when we’d added Follistim, so I’m happy with this result!) All my bloodwork showed that I was just about to ovulate, and I got a “High” OPK just before I did the procedure, then got a “Peak” later that evening. I did the trigger shot after that to make sure all 4 eggs released. By 2 a.m. my OPK had returned to “High”, so I was super glad I caught that surge. Yesterday I had such bad ovulation cramping that I had to crawl into bed & sleep until it passed. Hoping that one of those 2million sperm has found at least one of those eggs! 

Continuing tags from Page 1 of this thread:

@photographerwife It’s always good to hear from you! Hope you’ve been able to stay productive during the TWW. Your RE appointment is so close—excited for you! 

@kiwi2628 Hope all is well with you. The waiting during IF is so tough. Do you have things to keep you preoccupied? 

@lisa3379 Hope you’re feeling better after the second shot, and that all is going well in your TWW!

@acleverusername Yes, the woman who made that Google file of resources is in the Bay Area! She posted a couple of times that she started some Infertility groups in your area and invited others to join. I thought that was nice; I wish I had a group in my area to talk to in person. 

@optimistgardener So glad to hear that your mom got some good news! I wouldn’t spend any extra energy worrying about the few drinks you had leading up to this IVF cycle. I’ve read those studies too. I think the results were more of people who were drinking more/heavier alcohol content than what you’ve mentioned. And hope you’re doing ok on the BCP! That stuff was the devil for me.

@bows22 Woohoo, that is great news about insurance covering IUIs!!! For your Clomid question: I think there’s much less concern when doing these cycles with someone who is AMA. This is because they assume our eggs are so much weaker/poor quality that there might’ve just one good one I the bunch that grows on Clomid, so no worries about multiples or developing OHSS. Hope this helps!

@bumblebee0210 Hope things have turned out well with this second cycle. Do you have any updates you want to share on the numbers that became blasts? If not, I understand. This is pretty personal stuff.//Also, I absolutely promise that I’m going to let this topic die after this comment, I promise!😄 I get what you’re saying about the author of ISWTE. The files I posted were from someone else: she was a reader who had success after trying things from ISWTE and many other studies/other doctors. She posted her files in the online ISWTE FB group. I love her info because she’s compiled everything I’ve come across in my 2+ years of research 🧐 into one incredibly organized (albeit overwhelming) Google file: all the best/research-backed info, links to studies, the best books to read, the protocols and supplement/meds recommendations from the most successful IVF clinics in the U.S. Just wanted to clear that up in case it seemed like I was quoting the author of ISWTE or sharing the author’s files.

A little more from my perch on my own personal soap box re: trusting the experts😆 
    I also relate to what you’re saying about being a perfectionist and having to reign in some of those tendencies. I’m super Type A in many areas of my life, TTC being no exception.😄 But I have a medical history of knowing something was wrong w me practically my whole life, and scores of doctors telling me it was all in my head, that I was hypochondriac. There have been numerous appointments over the years where I’ve told doctors “I think X is happening” and they say rude condescending things to me, only to have it turn out that I was right. I finally got diagnosed with an illness that caused autoimmune disease after decades of going to rude doctors who dismissed me. Because of this long history, I have a well-founded lack of trust in egomaniacal doctors—especially male doctors, because most of them just don’t listen. (Except my gentle, kind, grandpa-like male Dr/ infectious disease specialist who helped cure me of my illness.) What I learned from that decades-long ordeal is how important it is to be my own advocate when it comes to my health care. That battle prepared me well to advocate for myself during this f-ed up road trip down the infertility highway full-size  of potholes and detours. I count myself incredibly luck to now have a brilliant doctor/RE who is familiar with all the latest research and out-of-the-box infertility/immunology treatments, so I fully trust her when she says “We can try X-Y-Z and see how you respond. So much of this is a mystery we don’t understand yet scientifically, and every body responds differently. As long as it won’t hurt you, we can try it.” She’s definitely held me back from doing certain things she doesn’t think will yield any result, which I appreciate. So, yes, all things in balance and with trust in the vetted experts. 
    *Edited for typos. 
  • edited April 2021
    @keikilove thanks for that epic (and awesome) check in. Honestly I love the posts that are also novels. :)
    I am I think a good part of the way to forgiving myself for my casual drinks earlier this month. It's funny how easily I would say to anyone else not to worry about it (and I would believe it!), but I don't give myself the same leeway.
    I am haaaating on the BCPs. I've become convinced that they're to blame for the sudden arrival of some nausea, gerd, and heartburn in the past few days (these are totally not normal for me). I'm taking about a gazillion things right now so arguably I could blame it on any or all of them, but realistically I figure it is probably either the baby aspirin or the bcps. And I hate the bcps more than the aspirin, so I've selected my villain. But I've only got a few more days before I'm supposed to come off them for my withdrawal bleed and then my first check-in on the 1st... It's all coming right up (eep)!
    Oh! And I forgot to wish you luck with that amazing lineup of follicles and nice cushy lining. Hopefully YH's sperm can figure it out in spite of their rough start in life. I'm sure that was so so frustrating (!) to discover, but hopefully the washout is gaining steam.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @keikilove that is a great point about being AMA, thank you! Sounds like your IUI went as perfectly as it could have, and I’m glad that there was some improvement with YH’s sperm. I don’t blame you for wanting to wait the full 90 days though. Also regarding your comments about doctors - I totally agree with you. It’s SO hard to find ones that will listen. I feel like so many of them read the chart (or don’t) and come in the room knowing exactly what they want to say and then don’t fully listen to what I have to say. I’m sorry that you have been dealing with that your whole life. It’s something I have only realized in the past 3 years when I had to deal with a medical issue (not my own) involving lots of specialists. It’s exhausting! It’s amazing though how well you are able to advocate for yourself now. As always I am in awe of you!
  • edited April 2021
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">keikilove</a> said:</div>
    <div><div><div class="Spoiler">... What I learned from that decades-long ordeal is how important it is to be my own advocate when it comes to my health care. That battle prepared me well to advocate for myself during this f-ed up road trip down the infertility. ...

SITB. I will beat that a drum all day and all night.  THANK YOU!!!  I had a similar medical experience at age 12 (LSS -they thought I was a hypochondriac, somehow my mom and I were making it up etc.  Spoiler alert: I was actually very, very sick, and could have died if my mom hadn't finally found a doctor who knew wth we were up against, and taken my case seriously.  I've been written about in medical journals (not something to be proud of lol but I kinda still wish I had copies) because it was so severe and certain aspects were not the typical presentation.)  Anywho.

My mom fought like hell for me, and thank God she did!  No one else is going to advocate for you and your health car like YOU will (or maybe your mommy) ❤️ 🤣</div></div></div></blockquote>
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited April 2021
    @bumblebee0210 PGT-A or bust—love it!😄 Thanks for sharing, I love your rationale about helping everyone else develop realistic expectations by hearing about your experiences. I guess all the days have just been blurring together and I didn’t realize that your retrieval was so so recent. FX that you get a great report next week! And, Agree with you 💯 on the value of taking the time to find the right doc. 

@bows22 Ah, you’ve been through the medical stuff so you definitely know how exhausting it is. It’s a shame, but glad that both you & I have the personalities and wherewithal to persevere to solutions.// I am unreasonably excited for you to move to IUI with Clomid! Thinking the best thoughts for you.💕

@optimistgardener Ha! Thanks for not minding my novels. There was a time where most of the responses in TTGP were very short & sweet; I’d always wonder, How do people keep their check-ins so short? What’s wrong with me? I’m so glad that we’ve moved to lengthier/more personal sharing. It feels nice to really get to know people on such a personal level.// I’m so glad to hear you’ve moved to NEU g able to forgive yourself & move past the casual drinks. Positive thinking is half the battle with this IF stuff! Hang in there with those last few BCPills. The symptoms you describe could definitely be attributed to them—those were my symptoms as well.🤢 But you’ll be fine soon & have your first check-up in no time. So excited for you! 🤞🏽
    ETA: @BusinessWife I just saw your comment. WOWWW! That is wild! It’s crazy to think that your situation was severe enough/rare enough/interesting enough to be written about in medical journals, and yet so many doctors poo-poohed your issues away and chalked them up to you being a hypochondriac. It’s such a shame how many  doctors believe females come up with this stuff for attention or believe we over-exaggerate minor symptoms. Anyway, I am so glad that your mom was that warrior woman who got you the diagnosis and treatment you needed to survive! What a miracle.🌟 💗
    P.S. I don’t know what SITB stands for. Am I lame?😆
  • Lol @keikilove stuck in the box 🤦