July 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/20

How can we liven up this BMB? It’s soooo quiet and sad. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/20

• Options
    @AKuzReve I just posted our first HDBD, that usually brings out a few people. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Do we have a nursery thread? That could be another one to get people talking a bit.

I was feeling pretty good over the weekend. Not a ton of nausea and actually had a good bit of energy. We ended up getting a good bit of stuff done around our little farm and started working on getting our old empty bee hives ready for swarm season.

But maaan. The last three days I paid for every single second I was feeling good. Puking, exhausted, and headaches. Blergh. I'm soo ready to feel better for real. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nopegoat, true! I was thinking of a few we could use. 

Ugh sorry about the resurgence of not feeling good. Remind me how far along you are?

• Options
    @AKuzReve 13.5wks. Normally I start feeling better around 15/16wks. I was really hoping it would be earlier this go around though. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I totally agree @AKuzReve! Let’s liven the place up!! I say we follow June’s lead, as their board seems super busy.
  • Options
    This month has definitely been quieter then I expected aswell.  
    @nopegoat my husband is dying to get bees.  That dream is going on hold this year, hes getting a baby and we are increasing our veggie and fruit patches.   Im sorry you're still feeling rough, I'm 16.5w and I'm still fighting exhaustion and an uneasy stomach.  Fingers crossed feeling better is just around the corner.
  • Options
    @AKuzReve agreed! The beginning of the year is always a busy time for work for me so I feel like I haven’t been contributing as much but I’d love for the board to be more active and participate more myself!
  • Options
    @AKuzReve I was thinking the same..we need to get more active. If you look at August they are already way ahead of us on discussions and replies. Maybe I'll start a UO or FFFC to spice it up
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m way more active in FB groups but I know we’re not there yet! 

TODAY WAS A BEAUTIFUL INAUGURATION DAY. I am so happy Trump is gone and took his hate with him. Biden wasn’t my first choice (or second, or third, or) but I’m happy to have him and Madam VP. I’m feeling a lot of relief today and no longer like my president hates me just because of the color of my skin 🥳

I’ve been really tired and run down and have tons of migraines, which are starting to get to me. I’m quite deficient in vitamin D so I just started taking that plus magnesium and am hoping the combo leads to feeling better overall. I’ve also started baby aspirin for preeclampsia and taking unisom at night. Feels like a lot! 

I was able to see my NIPT results without seeing the gender, I’m relieved! It would have been okay if I saw but I really would like the experience of finding out at birth this time. Also baby looks good and healthy 🙂

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge, I’m not American but I’m so happy. Kamala has always been a queen to me. Seeing someone like me up there is so monumental and profound. Today is a beautiful day for the world. 

• Options
    @nopegoat, ooh so hopefully you’re at the hump before it gets better! I definitely feel loads better now than I did just 3 weeks ago. 

@karacc18, I randomly clicked to month boards today when I was posting product spotlight and June has 6.5k posts or something and we have 1.5K soooo. 😬😬😬

• Options
    I will make an effort to contribute more, I promise! My energy is finally coming back so that should help. But I’m also working on cutting back on my screen time so... 😅
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2021
    @tiggywiggles we had talked about getting bees for a few years and then last year we had 3 swarms land and take over under our house. So we jumped in feet first. It's been an amazing experience but it's a lot tougher getting started than we thought.

@AKuzReve I hope it's the hump. I've got so much farm and house work to catch up on.

I just sent my husband to the store for a coke and candy bar. I've had a headache along with everything else and I'm hoping this helps kick it since Tylenol isn't touching it. Thankfully he needs me to spot him tonight while he's working out (basically I just sit there and drool over him and make sure he doesn't squish himself 😂😂) so I don't feel bad making him go out. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    It’s definitely much slower but I think it’s because we have a much smaller group. There are only maybe like 40 of us that post regularly. My guess is that things will get a bit more active as we get to around 20 weeks or so. 

Yesterday was the first day I felt good, no nausea, no cramping and no headache. Is this the turning point for me? I m is in exhausted because I discovered the Handmaid’s Tale and it is sooo good so I’ve been staying up until midnight or so watching. It’s so crazy and while I want to recommend it to y’all, just be aware that the first two episodes are hard to watch as a pregnant woman. 
  • Options
    I’m with all of you hoping the last two days are a sign that I’ve finally turned a corner too! The long weekend was one long migraine type headache for me that I couldn’t kick! But now I’ve had two days without nausea or headache so I’m cautiously optimistic (15 weeks). 
    @DuchessOfCambridge I also felt a huge sense of relief today and even reared up at points watching the inauguration. Amanda Gorman is so talented! 
    I will try to post more (recently joined)! It’s a busy time at work for me right now!
  • Options
    I’ve also felt pretty good recently (14w1d). My nausea only happens once in a while now, and my indigestion is under control with Pepcid. The only thing annoying me at this point is post nasal drip. I’m hoping as we head into the spring in a couple months, it won’t be as bad.

I am still dealing with a crappy work schedule. I am not allowed to WFH, but my son is in a hybrid school schedule, so I’ve been taking PTO which just sucks since I’m blowing through that. I ended up getting a doctor’s note from my OB “advising” that I get to WFH if possible since it’s healthier for me and the baby. Hopefully the note does the trick! 

And I agree @DuchessOfCambridge and @kime783 HUGE sense of relief with yesterday’s inauguration. It was so moving and emotional - and Madam VP looked stunning (as did Michelle Obama)! 
  • Options
    Today will be attempt #4 at telling my work I’m pregnant. 🤣

• Options
    @AKuzReve yeah I haven't told them yet either.  I like having my dirty little secret all to myself ha ha

I feel like this BMB just doesn't have the numbers other boards I was on did.  Like we had 75+ for my seconds BMB and 50 for the first.  I just don't think we have that here.  I also only reply when I'm at work, so I'm quiet on the weekend and holidays.

TMI Ahead - Today is DH birthday and I have gotten him NOTHING, but we had sex last night that was interrupted by my 4 year old knocking on the door saying she had to pee and that she could only use our bathroom.  But then we finished up after.  I told him this morning that was his present and that it counts for two because it was a two part-er BAHAHAHA I may get him like yogurt covered pretzels on my lunch break.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Well I’ve had an eventful morning. Had an extra ob appointment this morning because my blood pressure was elevated at the last one (it’s been good since then thankfully) and dr couldn’t find the heartbeat with the Doppler. They had me wait to squeeze in for an ultrasound and I was doing my best to remind myself I’m 13+5 so it might just be hard to find still and everything was ok but I was freaking out. Finally got into the ultrasound and everything was just fine! Baby was measuring right on track and hb was 158. I guess it all worked out in the end since I got an extra chance to see the baby 😍
  • Options
    @AKuzReve good luck! 4th times the charm or something like that, right? 😉

@pharmd93 how stressful. So glad everything looked good! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @pharmd93 glad everything turned out ok!
  • Options
    kime783kime783 member
    edited January 2021
    @pharmd93 how stressful but happy for positive outcome!

@nopegoat did the coke and candy bar do the trick for the headache? If not, a warm shower with neck stretching and a eucalyptus steamer on the shower floor seemed to help with my headache. Tylenol didn’t help me either! 

@AKuzReve and @bntfroggie I’m glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t told work just yet! I was planning to this week but found out I need to see MFM next week so thought it might be better to wait until I have that info which could effect my pregnancy and post partum. Plus I’m nervous because I just started this position in September so haven’t been here that magical one year mark to qualify for FMLA. Anyone else been in that situation before? I’m open to tips or suggestions!
  • Options
    @pharmd93 So glad everything is ok; what a stressful morning indeed!

I agree with all the sentiments about our group being on the slow side (as far as activity, not intellect 😆). I’m a bit of a sporadic contributor and tend to be active in spurts and then disappear into lurking for a while. I’ll aim to be more consistent. I think having more threads/topics (as I’ve seen pop up today) and spreading them out through the week will help. Previously it seemed most of the threads were created at the beginning of the week and then not much the rest of the week. @AKuzReve Thanks for initiating this topic! And thanks to everyone else who started new threads recently and those who have been posting the regular ones. 
  • Options
    I did it and they were very excited for me! 

@kime783, a big part of the reason I was nervous is I just started here again in mid August so I won’t even manage a full year there. I can imagine it’s even harder for you with the whole fmla stuff. I’m lucky in that I’m personal friends with a lot of my coworkers so I’m always safe at this job (I’ve been here on and off for 5.5 years). 

I have some more thread ideas so I’ll post them today when I get on my computer ! 

@pharmd93, how stressful but glad you got to see the little bean. At my last midwife Appt, my little bean was hiding too and it took her a while to find the heartbeat. They’re so sneaky already!

@bntfroggie, my last BMB only had about 30-35 people when we spun off and now down to 21 or something. So it’s totally possible to be lively! I’ve been a culprit too and lazy to post from my phone but I’ll be better at it!

• Options
    So my OB messaged me last week to let me know the results of my NIPT test were great - hooray! Fast forward to my telehealth visit this week, and I was seeing one of the other OB’s in the practice. She was like “your NIPT results were great! Do you know what you are having?!” And I said no, we are keeping it a surprise this time! She’s like, “OH. Well when they release your test results to the MyHealth portal don’t open then, because the gender is included in the results.” They expect me to wait 25 plus weeks and not peek at that test result when it’s literally a click away?!?!?! Talk about having to use self control. I’m slightly annoyed because I swore I told the NP I saw that we did not want to know, and she was supposed to mark that prior to sending to the lab so they WOULDN’T include the gender. 
  • Options
    @daisy528 That’s so annoying! Would your doctor be willing to print the results for you and blackout the gender?
  • Options
    @daisy528 I'm in the same boat. I got the results in an email and it specifically said "click here to find out baby's gender" and obviously I didn't because I don't want to find out. So when I went to click full report, it had a big disclaimer saying the report would include the sex. Ugh. Also, the temptation is so effing real to know i can just login and click a button and know what we are having. 
    @cammie0526 That's a great idea - I am going to ask my OB on Monday if they can black out the sex on the report for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @cammie0526 I don’t need to actually see the NIPT results since she already said they were fine. It’s more so just having them in the portal with the temptation to click them! I asked if they could just remove them from my account, but they said there is no way to do that. So I just need to have self control, which I do NOT have😂
  • Options
    @kime783 it didn't make my headache go away completely but it helped a ton and I was able to get some sleep thankfully. I usually use peppermint to help too but that wasn't touching it either. Definitely do the eucalyptus in the shower next time.

@AKuzReve yay for getting out!! That has to be a huge relief!

@daisy528 oh man! Sending you all the self control thoughts I can. What an absolute tease.  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @daisy528 Ahh I misunderstood the first time, but I'm on the same page now. Ugh! I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation. Granted, I did that home DNA test at 8 weeks so I had zero intention of ever being Team Green  :D
  • Options
    @daisy528 that would definitely take a lot of will power! I made sure to tell the nurses to opt out of the gender testing for mine and now I’m glad I did
  • Options
    @daisy528 same! I managed to quickly see results were good and then stopped looking! I just got a scanned in sheet of paper so I was really expecting it to be accidentally ruined. So glad it wasn’t but so hard that they are a click away 

• Options
    @daisy528 Also in the “must resist temptation” group...it’s so hard 😅. I asked for my results to be printed with the sex blacked out at the last visit, but then I realized I could probably easily see if I lifted the paper against the light or looked closely for any shiny text or texture beneath the marker...yep, I thought it all out and then had to shove the paper in my purse before I gave in LOL. As for why the sex is included even if you didn’t request it, some tests screen for abnormalities in the sex chromosomes (X and Y) and so the results themselves would indicate a gender.
  • Options
    @daisy528 that’s great news!!! 
  • Options
    Today we play the game of "is this a cold, covid or is pregnancy just kicking my ass?". It's not a fun game. I'm waiting for my phone appointment with my doctor so she can prescribe me a covid test. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold but now I'm paranoid because of the plague 
  • Options
    @marikkita12 Oh no! That doesn't sound like a fun game at all. Hope you can get a test right away, and of course, a negative result.
  • Options
    @marikkita12 I’m sorry! It really could be any of the above! If you haven’t had a covid test yet, I personally don’t think they are too bad - fairly quick and only somewhat uncomfortable. Good luck!
  • Options
    @marikkita12 FX for a quick negative result. 
  • Options
    My 1.5yr old stole a whole clove of raw garlic off the counter while my husband was cooking tonight and swallowed it. Garlic is a huge aversion this pregnancy and I couldn't even snuggle with him tonight because I kept gagging at the smell even after brushing his teeth and bathing him. 😭😭😭
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙