September 2021 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• @emjeve I don't think I'v ever bought bagels at the store...but a few days ago I saw some and I just needed them!
  • @emjeve @chewie5990 I eat a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese for breakfast almost every morning haha. I have no shame...eventually I will want other breakfast foods I hope!
  • Loading the player...
  • An everything bagel with butter sounds SO good right now...
  • @kissyfir1586 I cried last pregnancy because my husband had used up (and not replaced) the GF soy sauce and all I really wanted was stir fry vegetables. It's crazy now to think we had a huge fight over soy sauce

• @marymh80 so funny. Don't get between a pregnant woman and her cravings!
  • Tostito Lime Tortilla Chips. Oh. My. God. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am so over this food aversion. I try to plan meals but then when it's time to make dinner, what sounded great a few hours before makes me queasy. 🤢 Literally nothing tasted good today except my morning cup of tea. 
  • @emeraldduchess I wish I had some aversion lol I’m ravenous!!!!! 
  • @runningonindie I wish I could be ravenous! Even on the rare occasions that I am excited about a meal, I get about half way through and feel like crap again. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @runningonindie me too! Last pregnancy I lost about 10 lbs in the first tri. This pregnancy I'm starting out heavier and probably should be losing some weight, but I've been holding pretty steady because I pretty consistently snack to keep nausea at bay. 

I'm never excited about a meal, but I don't have the full loss of appetite I did last time. 
  • @emeraldduchess the food aversions for dinner are hitting me too.  For some reason I can eat breakfast and lunch but when it comes time for dinner it all sounds so gross. 🤢
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Large McDs fries were amazing this afternoon, but I'm pretty sure now my stomach wants nothing to do with any food for the rest of the day.
  • I bought fettuccine Alfredo for dinner. I don’t think I’ve had that in..... at least a decade. Who AM I???? Someone is really taking over my brain with these random cravings! 
  • New favorite mocktail: watermelon seltzer and watermelon juice. SO good! 
  • @emeraldduchess ooh I love watermelon seltzer...I’m gonna be all over that one!!
  • My husband got me a chickfila lemonade last night. 

That ice, man... 
  • My pregnant self is eating nothing today BLAH. The b6/unisom isn’t working for me today
  • Yesterday I managed to eat a whole wrap with tofu and veggies for lunch/dinner and I was BEYOND proud of myself for getting through a healthy meal. I hope I can continue the trend. (I also had 2 cookies but whatevs!)
  • Pho again for dinner last night. Sigh. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I made a bean salad last night and for whatever reason it tasted AMAZING. I couldn't stop eating it. Ill probably pay for it today with gas  :D
  • I just ordered a cheeseburger and eggs Benedict from a diner. I am hoping I can eat either thing when it arrives.
  • We are having a Mardi Gras party (just family so not really a party) today and I’m definitely planning to eat way too much king cake! I’m sure I’ll regret it later but it’s totally worth it. I also cooked red beans and rice with green beans and fried okra! I’ve started feeling nauseous this last week but thankfully today has been good. 
  • Food aversions have been strong, so haven't really been craving a whole lot lately. In my last grocery order I bought some canned peaches and just finished a bowl of them. SO good! I've been able to stomach more of the unhealthy stuff which is annoying. Nothing healthy really sounds good so I'm excited the peaches went down so well, but my SIL had a southwest salad and red peppers with ranch the other day that smelled delicious so I bought some and so far so good on the peppers. 
    All my sorries if that was all over the place. My brain doesn't like working very well these days 😂
  • Peanut butter and jelly has been my go to which is odd because I usually don’t like them
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I've been craving pb&j too, but we don't have any jam/jelly in the house. Looks like I'll be waiting until my next grocery store trip!
    I seem to be averse to all vegetables, which is upsetting. I'm forcing myself to drink smoothies to get fruit, but I just cannot stomach the thought of vegetables right now. I'm planning to make tortellini soup today, so hopefully that will help me get some vegetables.
  • @emeraldduchess I can’t really do vegetables either right now...I put a handful of frozen kale or spinach in my smoothies! I can’t taste it at all and it makes me feel better that I’m getting some veggies in. 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast - PBJ sandwiches (specifically the ones from Panera) were a daily craving for me with DD! This time around not so much! 
  • edited February 2021
    @runningoncookies I'm considering getting some V8 Splash juice, but it has a ton of sugar. I think I could stomach some pureed veggies, like butternut squash. Peas, carrots, corn, broccoli- all those things I could eat all day- just the thought of them is making me gag. :( 
  • @runningonindie I didn’t even know Panera made those! I’ll have to check them out
  • I'm having jello for dinner tonight  :(
  • It was news to me that soft serve ice cream isn't completely safe because there's no guarantee the machines are properly cleaned. I haven't had a Dairy Queen blizzard in 10 years, but now knowing I shouldn't have one makes me want it even more.  :(
  • @emeraldduchess I literally lived on blizzards my last pregnancy. This is news to me also! (And I will still be having them LOL) 
  • @emeraldduschess... I mean with that logic I feel like eating out anything anywhere is not safe...there's always no guarantee that machinery, cookware, etc. is cleaned properly unless you are the one cleaning it... I say get yourself a blizzard girl. 
  • @emeraldduchess wait WHAT no soft serve? Also basically lived on blizzards last pregnancy. I feel like eating out is a risk in general like you don’t really know what the people are doing in the kitchen 🤷‍♀️ 
  • edited February 2021
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast @runningonindie @chewie5990 I like your logic. :) I think I'll save the blizzards for the summer when it's a million degrees out and I'm miserable. 
    I imagine if the machines weren't being cleaned properly, there'd be a tell-tale smell to the ice cream.
  • Random cravings tonight....baked potato + cottage cheese. Surprised it was actually pretty good!

And I've developed a new aversion to sour cream. It tastes like feet now 🤢.  So sad!

On another note, how are you all coping with meal prep/planning for your families? Just making my list for the store is making me gag. I tried last week to buy some frozen family meals, but I can't even look in my freezer to get them out. The fear of cooking smells is also looming large. Should I give up the ghost and just order takeout for the next month?

• All I want right now is Chinese food. 
    Nothing sounds good besides Granny Smith apples, strawberries, hummus, naan, and pepperoni and cheese. 
    I’ve ate a TON of pizza lately. Just tried to eat leftover lasagna and that was awful, so I put a frozen pizza in the oven. Lol husband made burgers but that just makes my stomach flip. The other night I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and it’s AWESOME. 
    I hope in a couple weeks this eases up. LOL 
  • @kissyfir1586 I am having problems cooking for the family... yesterday we had cereal for dinner. For the kids lunches we’ve been going sandwiches/cold foods that don’t stink. I actually just bought a bunch of freezer meals hoping I can manage those easier than cooking from scratch. I can do baking but hot dinner foods just turns my stomach. We’ve been getting a lot of takeout 😬
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast it's so tough! I managed to put a Stouffer's Lasagna in the oven last night despite all the strong cooking smells. It tasted good at the time, but did not settle well (story of my life right now!). It's so hard to even plan or prep because nothing sounds good. 
  • I had the audacity to think I could eat some garlic and spinach pasta tonight. Nope! Gagged on the first bite and ate some Annie’s Mac and cheese instead lol

Also, I’m wildly impressed at all of you who are still planning, shopping, and cooking! DH does it all over here haha.