July 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (11/23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/23)

• Options
    @riansmommie Glad to hear he’s making good improvements and progress. What a scary disease to deal with, with all the unknowns. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @riansmommie so glad to hear he is making progress. FX it continues!
  • Options
    Ugh, nothing beats waking up for a middle of the night pee, to get back in bed, almost be back asleep, and lose power because of a huge storm. Oh the joys of living on a tiny island in the middle of the pacific 😂

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    It’s so weird how peeing at night is a pregnancy thing. I NEVER usually wake up at night pre-pregnancy, but it seems I am up twice a night to empty a full bladder! 
  • Options
    Uhh the night pees are the worst - I find myself trying to go several times before I get into bed for the night because I am trying to avoid getting up later... never works.

Oof DH just got a call from his doc saying his cholesterol is high... I generally consider us healthy eaters so I'm a little perplexed and a bit worried!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @riansmommie glad to hear about your FIL! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Totally agree about the night peeing. It sucks so much!

@canucklehead123 cholesterol can be a super genetic related thing. Some people could be the healthiest eaters in the world but still end up with high cholesterol. Luckily the meds that are used to treat it are usually super effective so there’s no need to worry a ton about it
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 I have genetically high cholesterol but my good cholesterol is high too so it balances out. We keep an eye on it, I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually I need to be on medication. I do small things like buy cholesterol free creamer or use oat milk, etc

@daisy528 oy the peeing 

idk if it’s the Zoloft or pregnancy or both but I am sick of waking up drenched in sweat. It’s so gross. I go to bed freezing and wake up disgusting. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I have the same thing going on - I think it is hormonal!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today was pure insanity. H and I caught and sold 5 pigs, butchered 2 roosters, cleaned half our house, did a grocery store run, and started repairing a good portion of a fence. So exhausted. 😴😴
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I bought so many Christmas presents/things we need yesterday. I need to now buy my dog his Christmas presents. 😂

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving from Guam!!

we told the family today. Was very surprised that both my mom and MIL reacted positively. They were both excited. So relieved, I was stressing out so hard over telling the family. 

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @nopegoat that is certainly a crazy busy day!

@akuzreve I have gotten a few things here and there, but I really have to get cracking with Christmas shopping. 

@riansmommie glad everyone reacted well to the news!
  • Options
    @riansmommie, Happy Thanksgiving!  I’m so happy to hear the news was received well! ❤️
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Options
    @riansmommie I'm so glad they took the news well! ❤️❤️
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Yeah, I definitely think the doc’s office has my due date wrong (7/8) and the nurse must have misheard my LMP.  Sucks to move my due date back a week (7/16), but I hit 7 weeks yesterday by my calculations  and the nausea has kicked in full force today.  No vomiting yet, thank God!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh dear @nopegoat. Sometimes something just has to give... 
  • Options
    @nopegoat such a cute picture! And yes, beautiful tree!
  • Options
    @nopegoat it makes me feel a little better to know someone else is crying. I’ve been crying almost nonstop all week over the tiniest things 😂
  • Options
    Add me to the crying over everything club. 

I swear this pregnancy is the weirdest one I’ve had. Usually my only symptom is nausea. This time:

hot flashes
    headaches
    extreme fatigue
    sore boobs
    emotional

ive Never had these symptoms while pregnant. What in the world!?

and my nausea is usually 24/7 from roughly 4.5/5 weeks. I’ll be 6 weeks tom and only had a strong twinge here and there.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @pharmd93 I watched one of the Elf on the Shelf movies on Netflix with my kids yesterday. I cried during it because the mom wasn’t going to make it home for Christmas - even though you knew at the end Santa was going to work some magic and she would be home. Add me to the crying over everything club.
  • Options
    I almost bursted into tears last night because my son gave me a kiss on the cheek before I could kiss him goodnight (which I do every night). It was so sweet and unexpected. So add me to the club and I’m not usually an emotional person at all. 

• Options
    Our main trash can officially lives in the garage  :D  it’s a few feet away from my work station in the kitchen at home (thanks covid) and I cannot tolerate the smell. DH even took the trash out before he left this morning and I still can’t tolerate it 
  • Options
    Danny brought me home beef flavored ramen and Sprite.  Thank you, Jesus.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @nopegoat we got a pre-cut this year too and it just WAS NOT THE SAME, my DH is like it's fine and I'm like no we are never doing this again, I have no family picture of us getting the tree.  Garbage ha
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    The base clinic finally just called with the results and my pregnancy is officially confirmed!  For those of you non-military, dealing with military healthcare can be a giant pain in the ass.  I took the test last Friday and didn’t get a call back until I sent them a message today.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Idk if anyone noticed 😂 but I haven’t been around much since I got a ton of orders over small business Saturday and have just been working on those and mom-ing. I also finally got all the bajillion appointments set up for my kids that they need. It’s been a productive but tiring week!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge gotta love Small Business Saturday! Glad you had such great sales. December is my busiest time, and it has been steady this year!!
  • Options
    I’m so miserable right now. I’m nauseous but nothing helps I’m also absolutely EXHAUSTED. Both apps I use said that 9-13 weeks are the worst as far as symptoms and it is dead on for me. I started feeling awful yesterday which is when I turned 9w
  • Options
    Anybody have any dinner recipe recommendations? All my usuals do not seem appealing! Bonus if your little ones enjoy as well! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought my H a 16kg kettlebell and it got delivered today. Holy F was it heavy. Bad decision! 😂

• Options
    @canucklehead123 what kinds of things do you guys like? I’ve been on a pasta kick lately so we’ve had spaghetti, tortellini with Alfredo sauce (this one didn’t sit well) and lasagna this week so far 😂 2 of my nephews are visiting with my daughter this weekend so we are doing pizza tonight and decorating Christmas cookies for dessert (and something to keep them occupied for a while).
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 my kids like when I make tacos, Shepherd's pie, chicken pot pie, nuggets.  I can pass on a recipe if theres something you think your kids might like.  
    Also, my kids dont eat cooked veggies so I always have a fruit and veggie platter out. 
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 we love this meal in my house, and it is so easy to make. I just use spaghetti noodles for it!

https://thewoksoflife.com/15-minute-lazy-noodles/
  • Options
    We had loaded baked potatoes for lunch today.  Easy on my stomach and everybody can make it how they want.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles those are all my staples too 😂 
    @daisy528 those noddles look delish, I’ll definitely be trying!
    @Beckyf321 i always forget about baked potatoes!!! Next week I’m definitely doing that!

Thanks all for the suggestions - I ended up buying pork chops for the first time in a long time, a pizza kit, felafel for a Greek night and some tortellini! 
    BabyFruit Ticker