April 2021 Moms
Options

Introductions!

1235»

Re: Introductions!

• Options
    aguamalaaguamala member
    edited September 2020
    @jaida1 I became pregnant with my first at 21 years old and was junior in college.  It was a hard decision but with the help of my husband and family I was able to have her and graduate on time.  It's hard to be a young mom sometimes, especially when it comes to making mom friends.  I struggled because although friends my age were loving and supportive, they were still single and childless which made our lifestyles different. Also I did feel a bit excluded sometimes on the playground when moms in their 30s/40s would treat me differently than their other peers.  Overall it's been great and moms of all ages have been really nice and easy to talk to.  I think it took me getting over my own silly insecurities about being a young mom to feel comfortable.  

Now I am 26, settled, and pregnant with my first but still feel too young.  Old insecurities from my first pregnancy have come up, especially since this pregnancy was unplanned (AGAIN!) There never is a perfect time to become a parent, we just do our best and the 9 month whirlwind of pregnancy eventually prepares us to become the best parents our kids need.  

Congrats!!! 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Hi ladies! My name is Kai. Hope you all are doing wonderful in your pregnancies. I’m very late in the game here. 

Due date? April 18th 💕

How’d you find out? I noticed I was peeing more frequently and then I was two days late. So my husband and I got a test. 

Other children/pets? Yes I have a beautiful daughter who turned 2 last month. We have two cats. We would love to have a dog in the next couple years. 

Job? I own a skincare business. I’m a licensed esthetician for the last 12 years. 

Things you like to do? I love to spend time with my daughter and husband. We like taking walks, going to the park and watching Disney movies. Before the pandemic, we were avid travelers. We took my daughter to Australia and New Zealand last Summer.

Spouse/partner? My husband and I have been together for 14 years. I’m 31. 

First appointment? My appointment was this past Monday. Baby is healthy, heart rate was normal and everything went well. Although, I’ve already lost 10lbs. 

Any symptoms? Yes 😖 So I’ve been very nauseous, fatigued but thankfully I’ve only vomited a handful of times so far. It could be worse. I feel like my sense of smell is even stronger with this pregnancy. 

High risk / concerns? So with my daughter I was sick my entire pregnancy. I was hospitalized at 7 months due to dehydration and I was having contractions. I worked up until 2 weeks before she was due so I don’t think that helped. My doctor believed I had hyperemesis gravidarum. I never gained weight during my pregnancy and it was very scary. I hope I will feel better by my second trimester. 🤞
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Emily, I’m late to the party! I forgot this existed until just now.

Due date? April 5

How’d you find out? I took a test suuuper early before heading out to a cabin, not expecting to see anything but did get a very faint line. 

Other children/pets? I have an almost 5 year old son and almost 3 year old daughter

Job? I’ve been a SAHM since having my son, but my profession is as an Early Childhood Educator and worked as a nanny before having my own kids.

Things you like to do? I feel like I am only with my kids especially since covid, which don’t get me wrong I love them but it’s hard to answer a question about life beyond them. I guess going to our cabin, getting together with my girlfriends when we can, when I have alone time I love all kids of tv (trashy reality, murder docs, dramas). In my pre-kids life I loved travelling and was going to go on a few trips this year for the first time buuuut then the world shut down. 

Spouse/partner? My husband is a partner in a private lending company. He’s amazing and a super supportive partner and Dad. He appreciates me as a SAHM and goes out of his way to be hands on whenever he is home and make sure I have time to myself. He’s been working from home which has been a new but good experience for our whole family. 

First appointment? Was September 15th with my midwife, heard baby’s heartbeat!

Any symptoms? I’ve been really sick, which wasn’t the case with my previous pregnancies. Now at 13 weeks the nausea is still constant but I’m able to at least not puke all day long. Headaches are starting....I’m hoping I’m over the worst soon. 

High risk / concerns? My first was way overdue, my second I was going to have to be induced due to a random anomaly on her fetal assessment my midwives had barely ever heard about. Both kids I took the midwife cocktail and it worked great and my second was my dream labour and delivery despite the anomaly causing me to risk out of delivering at the birth centre. However I’m really wondering if I’m even able to go into labour all on my own since it’s never happened! I guess we’ll see...really hoping for a birth centre birth this time. 
  • Options

Due date? 

April 15, 2021 but will be atleast a week earlier with a repeat csection. 

How’d you find out? 
    Chemical pregnancy the month before, so I tested a lot leading up the missed period and after the missed period. 

Other children/pets? 
    2 girls and a dog

Job? 
    Stay at home mom

Any symptoms? 
    It’s all in the boobs. They are big and sore. 

High risk / concerns
    Higher risk for a congenital heart defect and a BRCA carrier. 
  • Options
    Welcome @mamallamallama and @rayegarcia, and congrats!  

@Rayegarcia i think you are the first expecting twins in this BMB! 
  • Options
    @kamikn hi and welcome to our April 2021 group!! Congrats to both you and your husband and the whole congregation getting to experience all things new this year! We are all here for you and look forward to getting to know you as we all await our new babies. 
    Feel free to join in on threads, so here’s a quick little rundown. There is a new weekly thread called All Due Date Check In Week of (blank) that starts on Mondays, as well as. MPM (Meal Plan Monday) where we discuss what we’re eating, or not eating, or cravings, etc. We also have a monthly appointments thread where we give any updates from OBs, ultrasounds or tests. 
    There are also threads for HDBD (hump day bump day) where we start showing some bumps, FFF (Flame Free Friday) Random Vents, and just a randoms thread. There is also a covid related thread for discussing issues/concerns/family issues with it, and several other threads. Some just fun ones (like the 20 week dance party!) and others are more serious in nature.
    Please feel free to jump on in and start to get to know us and let us get to know you too. There are several of us here that are second time or more mommas so if you have a question please ask! 
    Welcome again!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I’m late to the game here, but my whole pregnancy has been incredibly stressful and traumatic. 

Due date? 04/10

How’d you find out? I was a day late and I’m never late. It was also during the New Moon on 08/04/2020 and after a new moon ceremony I just had a feeling, took the test, and sure enough-pregnant!

Other children/pets? 5 year old boy and a Siamese cat. 

Job? PhD student/yoga instructor. I was a clinical social worker but have moved away from that. 

Things you like to do? Yoga, reading, meditation, cooking, spending time with friends, being in nature. 

Spouse/partner? That’s where all the stress and trauma has stemmed from...we broke up multiple times throughout my pregnancy before I finally accepted he is an extremely abusive and toxic person. It’s terrifying to be doing this alone...especially since I have no friends or family for support. 

First appointment? It was back in the fall of 2020. 

Any symptoms? Diagnosed hyperemesis gravidarum, so a lot...I had it with my last baby too. 

High risk / concerns? Giving birth alone. Raising a newborn as a single mother with a 5 year old during a pandemic. Navigating post-abuse relationship healing and self-love. 
  • Options
    @dryogini That is a lot to deal with!  I'm glad you got out of your abusive relationship.  I'm sure being a single parent will be hard, but it will be better than dealing with a toxic/abusive partner while trying to parent.  What are you studying?  I'm a PhD student too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dryoginidryogini member
    edited January 2021
    @kadeephd Thank you so much, I’m glad I got out too, but I haven’t had any time to slow down and process this loss because I just can’t! I’m in my first year of a program in Integral and Transpersonal psychology. How about you? :)
  • Options
    @dryogini I'm in my fourth year of a public policy program (focused on K-12 ed policy).  I had my first baby three semesters into the program so pretty similar timeline to you.  I actually find the flexility of being a PhD student to be nice for the early years of parenting, though it's definitely hard to stay focused.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rc-colarc-cola member
    edited August 2021
    OOps....posted in the wrong group.