April 2021 Moms
Options

Introductions!

kelseyyhkelseyyh member
edited August 2020 in April 2021 Moms
Hi ladies! It looks like I'm the first one here. Let's use this thread to get to know each other :). Feel free to add / remove bullet points. I just took ideas from other boards. 

Due date? April 16, 5 weeks today. 

How’d you find out? After enjoying some treats and watching Star Wars with hubby, I took an early test before hopping into bed. The line was so faint that time & I was driving hubby crazy trying to get him to tell me if he saw it too! Aha!! 

Other children/pets? I have a son, almost 20 months old. TW: I also have an angel baby that was due this September, whom I lost in February with a missed miscarriage. 

Job? SAHM, I was a teacher for a year before having my son. 

Things you like to do? Spend time with my son, niece & nephew, talk to friends, boating, swimming, biking as a family, doing HIIT hop workouts is a new exercise favourite of mine. I'm not as fit as I'm making myself sound - oops lol. Movies & sit coms!

Spouse/partner? Hubby owns an electronics recycling company. We've been together since high school, almost 11 years, and married 7 years. We're both 27. 

First appointment? September 9. I had my first round of blood work today though. I will be doing this every three days to check my HCG levels. Due to my loss, my doctor just wants to cover all the bases this go round. 

Any symptoms? Not much. I didn't even know I was pregnant with my first until almost 8 weeks though, with symptoms starting around 6 weeks. I think I am slightly fatigued - but that's also part of toddler mom life lol. Probably Mommy brain a bit. 

High risk / concerns? We're cautiously optimistic due to our experience last time. My doctor has prescribed prometrium for me, more as a preventative measure. 

Can't wait to "meet" you all. <3 

Kelsey 

Hubby & Me: Born 1993
Married: August 2013
Son: December 2018
Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

Re: Introductions!

• Options
    Thanks for getting us started @kelseyyh

Here's a template to copy for ease of use for everyone else:

Due date? 

How’d you find out? 

Other children/pets? 

Job? 

Things you like to do? 

Spouse/partner? 

First appointment? 

Any symptoms? 

High risk / concerns?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kvh22 Thanks for making a template! Congratulations <3.

You sound like a rock star when it comes to knowing your cycle. I'm curious if my due date will change as my cycles were different by 10 days recently.

My son was a late baby too, I had him at 41 weeks and 2 days aha! 

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited August 2020
    @kelseyyh breastfeeding and postpartum made my cycles super wonky. I never charted until trying to get pregnant and have only done it for 5 cycles total but it's absolutely come in handy.

• Options
    @kadeephd good to see you here, too! Was it you who was using expired cheap tests starting early? I ended up doing that b/c of whoever in TTGP said that lol. But mine were really old so nothing at 9dpo. I'm impressed you got one that early. I think we both got our positives last Sunday, then.

• Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited August 2020
    @kvh22 Yes that was me!  I was pretty dubious about getting a bfp at 9 dpo with an expired test, so I went out and bought a frer to confirm.  And yes it was on Sunday for me too!  I think I must have implantation on the early side because I got a relatively strong positive on 10 dpo last time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin Sorry you are so sick!  I had a UTI with my first during the first tri and I just assumed the constant need to pee was a pregnancy symptom.  My OB must have tested for it routinely because she called and told me I had one, and wrote me a script for it.  I also get UTIs fairly frequently so I'm surprised I didn't realize that's what it was.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd yeah I’m not really feeling the typical “burn” but I am peeing a lot and not seeming to get a really full pee every time and not sure if that’s just pregnancy or what. So I’m still on the fence of moving the appointment or just keeping it as is. Did you get any more throughout the rest of the pregnancy? 
  • Options
    @alylove11 thinking of you. I hope your next appointment is more positive. 💙💙
  • Options
    @alylove11 I'll be thinking of you.  <3 

• Options
    @thedomesticgeek Congratulations <3. I'm so sorry for your losses. I will pray for a boring pregnancy this time around. Your daughter must have so much fun with her fur & feathered family!! 

• Options
    @rexnie Congratulations & welcome!! <3 

• Options
    @grilledcheeezin Congratulations on your first pregnancy!! 

• Options
    @alylove11 thinking of you 🤞 When's your next appointment?

@aisukurimsarang I'm still BFing DD2!

@thedomesticgeek I also had a subchorionic hematoma at 9 weeks (then some off and on bleeding for a while). Luckily, there's no increased risk of recurrence (unless you have a certain blood condition, I think). I was freaked out and asked my OB at my 6 week postpartum appointment last year.

• Options
    @aisukurimsarang I'm still nursing my 20 month old (though I'm sure not nearly as much as a 7 month old haha!). Best of luck this pregnancy <3

• Options
    Lots of nursing moms in here! 

We said goodbye to our “mimis” (my son’s nickname for breast milk) yesterday and had our final nursing session. I’d been slowly weaning him for months and want to be done officially with the new pregnancy. A lot of feelings right now! 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your positive thoughts! 

@kvh22 I go on Tuesday at 1pm EST For another ultrasound to determine viability. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Due date? EDD 4/14

How’d you find out? 
    I started remembering my dreams every morning and the dreams were so VIVID! Then I started getting crampy for a few days. So the day after my period was due, I took a pregnancy test and it immediately came up as positive!

Other children/pets? 
    I have an angel baby that was due 9/9/16 and a DD that was born 10/14/16- she truly is our rainbow baby

Job? 
    Magistrate- soon to be SAHM

Things you like to do? 
    read, bake, hike

Spouse/partner? DH is an IT guy, which is why I keep him around since I’m technologically stupid :); we’ve been married for 5 years and together for 6

First appointment? 
    Haven’t made one. I know I should, but after my first pregnancy I get nervous that I’m tempting fate when I make an appointment after I find out. 

Any symptoms? 
    Peeing all the time, vivid dreams, super dry mouth when I wake up in the morning,slight nausea and as of 2 days ago- sore breasts and dizziness. Most of these are completely different from my previous pregnancy as I really only experienced sore breasts and no other symptoms 

High risk / concerns?
    not high risk, just general concern that I’m going to experience another miscarriage and the anxiety is terrible. But I’m trying my hardest to just take it a day at a time 
  • Options
    Due date? 4/6, 6 weeks and 5 Days

How’d you find out? I woke up nauseous and feeling awful and then I realized my period was two days late! 

Other children/pets? DS will be 3 in November! 

Job? I am a caregiver for special needs adults. 

Things you like to do? Right now I don’t really do anything but work lol! 60-75 hours a week. 

Spouse/partner? Ehhhhh.  My husband and I are separated because he was TW TW extremely abusive in quite a few ways, I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to keep him out of our lives now. 

First appointment? Had a dating scan 8/14, baby was measuring 6weeks 3 days, heart was beating and everything was looking good! 

Any symptoms? Fatigue, sore breasts, nauseous, back pain, hip pain, just lots of pain 

High risk / concerns? 8th pregnancy, one live birth and I have been bleeding on and off since I found out I was pregnant, almost feel like I’m just waiting for my body to fail me. 

Parker Richard born 11/12/17 9lbs 7oz, 22 inches! 
  • Options
    Hi!! Nice to meet you all, I’m excited to be here!! 

Due date? 4/4 7 weeks today!

How’d you find out? I was a raging anger monster for a few days and so so hungry. Those were my first symptoms with my daughter. I was also 5 days late. Finally decided to take a test and it was undeniably positive.

Other children/pets? One daughter who is 16 months. She is literally the best part of my life. Her birthday is also in April so hopefully they won’t land on the same day!

Job? Mostly SAHM. But I’m also in school for nursing and work pretty part time as a doula.

Things you like to do? Read, clean, learn, be outside, box, anything involving relaxation haha

Spouse/partner? DH works for a commercial construction company. He’s the best. We have been married 5 years, but have known each other since high school!

First appointment? Dating scan is on the 26th but I’ve been interviewing midwives all week and still have a few this week as well. My first birth was unmedicated in the hospital but I’m hoping to have a birth center or even home birth this time around. 

Any symptoms? All day nausea. So so tired. Pretty sore boobs. Weird dreams. Very easily annoyed. All my symptoms have seemed to start way earlier than last time around so that’s not super exciting. Haha.

High risk / concerns? No concerns really... my last pregnancy and birth were actually really good. I’m hoping to be lucky enough to have a similar experience!
  • Options
    @grilledcheeezin No I only had the one in the first tri!  You might as well get tested for it if you suspect you have one, just in case.

@aylove11 Hope your ultrasound goes well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yochi1550yochi1550 member
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    yochi1550yochi1550 member
    edited August 2020
    Due date? April 10

How’d you find out? Took 3rd test after missing period (first was a few days before missing and second was around when it was supposed to start—both negative). Was convinced I wasn’t pregnant but I was having these flutters around my uterus... 

Other children/pets? 2 cats, 1 dog

Job? Private-school teacher/PhD

Things you like to do? Hike, read, overanalyze 

Spouse/partner? Spouse, since Feb 

First appointment? 9/2 (I’m so impatient!)

Any symptoms? Ravenously hungry, tired, cramping, bloating, peeing, so much acne, sore boobs 

High risk / concerns? I turn 40 next month (gulp)
  • Options
    Hi hi hi all! Excited to be here! And still kind of freaking out?! 😆
    Congrats to all, btw!!!!

Due date? 
    4/15 Tax day!
    👊🏻 @aisukurimsarang

How’d you find out? 
    Welllll got my first period right after weaning our 1yo & was expecting a second period early July. Waited a few days after it was late & then took a really old (expired) test and it was negative (it was a leftover from last baby). Waited a few more days, bought a new test & BFP.

Other children/pets? 
    Almost 5 yo DD
    3 yo DS
    1 yo DD

Job? 
    SAHM (but only super recently - I coincidentally quit my advertising job to stay at home with the kids literally right before all the covid craziness)

Things you like to do? 
    Reading! Pilates! Walking. Drinking coffee. Baking cookies. Swimming. Beaches (but I’ll be real - we currently live NO WHERE near a beach!)  

Spouse/partner? 
    Married 11 years this past June 

First appointment? 
    Aiming to get it set up this week but kind of dragging my feet a little. 

Any symptoms? 
    Just this past weekend I started feeling totally and completely exhausted. Besides that, a tiny bit of nausea. This weekend was my birthday (today!) so it was a bit weird not saying much (aka anything) to family and friends about #4

High risk / concerns?
    I miscarried between #2 & #3 at 7/8 weeks so mentally just stressing a little but no real reasons to so trying to stay optimistic. 
  • Options
    Hi all!

Expecting baby #2 and so excited to meet you all :)

Due date? April 11, 2021

How’d you find out?  Just like with my daughter, got my BFP at 11dpo

Other children/pets? I have a 14 month old daughter and a 9 year old pup

Job? Photographer

Things you like to do? Take photos, decorate cakes, Krav Maga 

Spouse/partner? DH and I have been together for 15 years and married for 8

First appointment? August 28th 

Any symptoms? Very tired, a little crampy, occasional sore breasts, and very light nausea 

High risk / concerns? None. Had a very uneventful pregnancy last time so am hoping for the same now!
  • Options
    mamabee1113mamabee1113 member
    edited August 2020
    Due date? 4/11 based on LMP

How’d you find out? Took a test before starting my new pack of BC.. 3 days before AF was expected and the BFP was boldddd.

Other children/pets? 21mo old DS, a cat and a dog both 6

Job? Teacher

Things you like to do? Dance, play with DS, go for long walks on trails by our house

Spouse/partner? DH and I have been married for almost 4 years, together over 6

First appointment? Tomorrow, 8/18, is my initial bloodwork and such. First US is 9/16

Any symptoms? The absolute worst morning (read: all day) sickness. Headaches, fatigue, has cramps for days but they seem to be done with.

High risk / concerns? Not that I know of or expect. This pregnancy is already way different that DS, so I’m just along for the ride. ETA: I did have a 4DT with DS and I am terrified of that happening again, but that’s so far away I’m not to stressed about it quite yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lysolpriest Thinking of you. I'm so sorry to hear about the situation you are in with your husband. So glad to hear that the ultrasound went well! I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you, keep us updated <3

• Options
    @jackhazel I'm so sorry to hear about your first child. I honestly feel like even in 90% of "happy, healthy" pregnancies, there's all these little things that are scary along the way. DD1 had a heart murmur that resolved itself (but I couldn't have any caffeine, even chocolate for half of my pregnancy). With DD2 I had significant bleeding due to a subchorionic hematoma and was at serious risk of MC and a 10lb lifting restriction for 3+ months. It's so nice to be on the other side of those things and all turned out fine but scary while they're happening. I feel like I'm coming into this pregnancy with a much more realistic expectation of what to expect but then there's always curve balls. I am also a CF carrier, as are my sister and cousin. I do not believe that either of my daughters are but the only effect it has had on my life was a (scary) 2 weeks when pregnant with DD1 where I found out I was a carrier and had to have DH get tested to find out he wasn't. Our kids all have a 50% chance of also being a carrier. The testing and finding out before you even get pregnant with the next generation is amazing and so helpful to avoid those scares. My sister got tested b/c I was a carrier and basically will need to have a future partner tested before TTC. If he's also a carrier, IVF should be covered by insurance 100% or close to it.

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm glad I found the group.

Due date? 4/16

How’d you find out? Took an at home test when I was 2 days late to appease "DH". I've never been so surprised. 

Other children/pets? 5 year old, 3 year old, 2 dogs, a cat, and some houseplants, haha.

Job? RN, but not currently working

Things you like to do? Besides spending time with my kids, who take up most my time, I like reading, being outdoors, beach/pool. 

Spouse/partner? My husband though we've been separated for about 2.5 months

First appointment? September 1st

Any symptoms? Fatigue, sore breasts, enhanced sense of smell. Luckily that's it so far.

High risk/concerns? I just turned 38 so I'm curious to see how this pregnancy compares to my previous two. My second was pretty seamless but I had pre-e with my first.