April 2021 Moms
Options

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Options
    eahayes said:
    @shantx omg I loved selling sunset! Mine are even more embarrassing because I'm a bravo junkie (most of the real housewives, below deck, etc.) and SO into 90 day fiancee! Total train wrecks and so addicting! 
    SS agents belong on Bravo shows, as they’re ridiculously drama filled!!! 🤣 I like Crishell and Mary the most! I watched diff Housewives shows back when they first aired, but there’s sooo many to keep up with!! No shame in any of those train wreck shows lol. My super guilty pleasure years ago was Bad Girls Club on Oxygen! Sad they stopped filming seasons!!!!
  • Options
    @shantx SK reunion was crazy! I'm happy for Madisson :) The whole thing with Brandon was crazy! We are friends with Brandon's sister IRL and had no idea about the love child haha. 

I am lovingggg BB. Nicole F is one of my all time fav houseguests, I also love Ian and Cody. I binged 4 episodes last night when I realized there was a season. We got rid of cable a few months ago so I didn't realize until yesterday that it was on!! I'm currently watching as we speak. Can't wait to get caught up! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date? 4/22

How’d you find out? I was three days late and decided to take a test (since I'm never late)

Other children/pets? An almost 4 year old daughter and two little doggies 

Job? Property Manager

Things you like to do? Yoga, Hiking, Dancing, Reading, Home Improvement Projects, being lazy

Spouse/partner? married 4 years (husband came here from Mexico on a Fiance visa 4 years ago)

First appointment? Sept. 15

Any symptoms? Nausea, Bloating, Crazy Mood Swings, Lethargy 

High risk / concerns? None for now thank God. I am a little concerned because my first pregnancy was so great and essentially symptom less and now this pregnancy has me feeling like a big grumpy nausea monster.  
  • Options
    Hi everyone! 

Due date? April 15th 

How’d you find out? We went through IVF so kind of boring, I went in the morning for a blood test and they called me that afternoon that it was positive. My family knew we were finding out that day so other than the "yay it's positive!" there were no fun announcements for DH or family.

Other children/pets? DS will be 4 in November and we have a golden retriever

Job? SAHM

Things you like to do? I love to be outside doing any low-key activities, travel, and accomplishing home projects

Spouse/partner? We've been married 7 years

First appointment? I don't remember, all of the IVF appointments are a blur

Any symptoms? All of the negative ones it seems. Nausea, sore boobs, exhausted, can't eat too much or I get sick, have to eat every hour or two or I get sick, can't stand the taste of coffee anymore (possibly the worst one), basically all of my favorite foods are ruined. 

High risk / concerns? Not high risk but still anxious.
  • Options
    Gosh, that is crazy! I was high risk due to having genetic high blood pressure and my mom having Pre-E with most of her pregnancies, so i had NST's twice a week once i got to 28 weeks, thankfully they caught it before it progressed. Yes, i will start low dose aspirin at 12 weeks, and will be referred to MFM. I'm praying i'm one of those people who doesn't get it the second time around... 
  • Options
    @forevertired same due date! Welcome!
  • Options
    It's a lot of work but I love it! Thank you. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy as well!
  • Options
    Cautiously but optimistically adding my intro here!
    @bluetickgal I remember you from TTGP!  Congrats on your BFP!  I was there (mostly lurking) for a while about a year ago.  It's good to see a familiar "face" and to see that I'm also not alone on this long train of TTGP.

Due date?
    April 30 (might change based on my ultrasound in a couple weeks)

How’d you find out?
    My cycles are normally 35 days long (ovulate at around day 21, 14-day luteal), but I had a cyst at around day 14, so I knew I ovulated then.  By the time day 35 rolled around and I still hadn't gotten my period I knew.  A test in the evening confirmed.  It still hasn't sunk in even though my Midwife confirmed.

Other children/pets? No 
    **TW**
    In November of last year I had a MC that absolutely devastated me.  I was still very early on in my pregnancy, but it took months to not be consumed by the loss.  I feel like I'm "on the other side" now, but it still makes me feel scared that it could happen again.

**End TW**

Job?
    I'm a high school Algebra 2 teacher.  Yes, we are meeting in person (hybrid schedule).  No, I am not thrilled about it.

Things you like to do?
    Crochet, yoga, hike, listen to metal music, take walks, watch copious amounts of netflix.

Spouse/partner?
    My husband and I have been together for 5 years and married for 2.5.  He's a construction superintendent, mainly doing hospital work.

First appointment?
    9/2!  Everything went well!  Blood work all came back normal and we set up an appointment on 9/19 for my first ultrasound!  I was in absolute disbelieve when my midwife said that was the next step.

Any symptoms? My boobs hurt.  That's also how I knew I was pregnant - they normally stop aching a day or two before my period.  A little bit of cramping (which is terrifying).  Some mild nausea, but I'm sure it'll ramp up soon enough.

High risk / concerns?  See TW above.  Any little cramp on spot scares me.  I'm being cautiously optimistic and trying to guard myself from getting too emotionally invested until after I see the results of the ultrasound.
  • Options
    @kelsey_ruth326 Welcome ❤️. I am also PGAL & it really does change our lives completely. I’m sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your new little babe. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    @kelsey_ruth326 your name looks familiar...congratulations and welcome!! 💜 I totally get the cautiously optimistic feelings, but I’m hoping it will get better for us with each passing day! Fingers crossed 09/19 gets here quickly for you and gives you some peace of mind!! 
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy I'm so sorry to hear about your previous loses <3
    My first u/s is 9/11 too! Less than a week!
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy I’m so sorry to hear about your losses. ❤️ Welcome to the group! I love that you’re a knitter - I crochet and every now and then venture in to a knitting project, but I typically get intimidated and go back to my hook. 😂
  • Options
    @bblair24 I started out with crochet and taught myself how to knit after I lost my son. Now I very rarely crochet! Every time I came across a new knitting project that intimidated me, I'd YouTube the techniques. YouTube is my saviour. 🤣
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy that’s true! I did look up lots of YouTube videos for those few projects 😂 I want to keep getting better at it! 
  • Options
    @bblair24 keep it up! If you have anything in particular you want to try knitting, I have a ton of patterns I can share! And if you ever need any help explaining something, if be glad to help! 🥰
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy I appreciate that, thank you! That’s sweet of you. I’ve considered trying my hand at some baby things. I just love the way knitting looks! I’ll let you know! 
  • Options
    @kelseyyh @bluetickgal Thanks for the well-wishes! Fingers crossed for uneventful pregnancies all around :)

@mommeleon Welcome!  My wedding anniversary is on the 21st - it's a good day for good things to happen apparently!
  • Options
    @mommeleon welcome! Due date twins! :smile:
  • Options
    mommeleonmommeleon member
    edited September 2020
    @anarmillay92918 @kelsey_ruth326 thanks ladies! Sounds like it will be a great day then!! 🤗
  • Options
    Due date? April 23rd

How’d you find out?  Had been trying for a couple cycles, tested the day my period was due with a first response test 

Other children/pets? We have one daughter (April 2019 bump club grad!) and one crazy dog

Job? Marketing account manager 

Things you like to do? Spend time with friends and family, cook, and ride my Peloton (though it hasn't gotten much use lately!) 

Spouse/partner?  Husband of 4 years 

First appointment? I had blood work taken last week at 6 weeks which came back fine, so my first real appointment with my doc and first ultrasound isn't until the end of Sept, and I'll be 10.5 weeks..!  It's the same practice and doc that I used for my first pregnancy, but they seem super busy.  I've been calling to see if I can get in any earlier but so far no dice! 

Any symptoms? Yes, mostly the same as the first time around (exhausted, mild nausea, food aversions / only want carbs, and just recently sore breasts) oh - and insane mood swings which are getting better now but we're awful earlier on. Poor DH :)

High risk / concerns?  DD was born IUGR (intra-uterine growth restricted) and I ended up being induced at almost 38 weeks; doc says there's no way to tell if it will happen again, but they'll monitor the babies size closely each week.  She's totally happy and healthy though, just tiny! 
  • Options
    Due date? April 27th, 7 weeks 3 days.

How’d you find out? I have PCOS but was undergoing treatment with my naturopath, I was due to have my period on the Monday and it never came, so I tested on the Tuesday morning and boom, the second line stared back at me. 

Other children/pets? This is my first pregnancy/ child. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. 

Job? Communications Officer. 

Things you like to do? Spend time with my family, listen to music, dance and sing. 

Spouse/partner? My partner works in IT. 

First appointment? First official appointment was Wednesday 9th September. Baby was fine. But the day I tested, I immediately went to the doctor's office for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. Went back a week later to see if my levels had risen (which they had) and we had a quick US. Baby was just a black spot on the ultrasound. This was at 5 weeks.

Any symptoms? I've never ovulated, so when I did, my nipples were sore. They kept being sore even after ovulation so I was suspicious. Also, the weekend before I tested, I started having bad cramps which I thought meant my period was coming but it was actually implantation. I've never had cramps so painful in my life. Nauseous when hungry, fatigue has subsided a bit and oh so gassy! 

High risk / concerns? Not really, just a nagging fear of miscarrying. 
  • Options
    bluey101321bluey101321 member
    edited September 2020
    Hi there ladies :) I’m excited to see the April 2021 forum finally up and to have other women to relate to through this journey! Thank you ladies that got everything up and going, I’m really looking forward to making friends and figuring this forum thing out!

Due date? 4/17 based on LMP but may change due to cycle funkiness that couple before. 

How’d you find out? We were too impatient to wait until I missed (been trying to get the ball rolling since March but ran into a complication with removing my birth control) so we took one of those fancy early pregnancy tests they have out now 9 DPO and got a very faint positive. Took a digital one a couple days later and had the confirmation. 

Other children/pets? DD just turned 10, DS will be 7 shortly, 2 doggies, 4 kitties of our own, 3 foster kitties at the moment and a partridge in a pear tree ;) (jk about the partridge)

Job? CPC/RMA but currently a SAHM  

Things you like to do? I love to hang out with my family, read/write, bake, craft, play with my fur babies and play video games.

Spouse/partner? Hubby and I have been married for 7 years and together nearly 9. He works on base as an engineering tech for logistics support. I met him when my daughter just turned two and he swept us both off our feet. Married me and adopted her, then came our son and now a new little one on the way, the rest is history <3

First appointment? 8/13 at 4+5 but we really couldn’t see anything which was a little disheartening. Had another appt 9/2 at 7+4 and saw the little babe as well as heartbeat. 

Any symptoms? Just about the time I confirmed with a test I started feeling all the pregnancy feels. Tender breasts, cramping, back ache, headaches, nausea all day with dry heaving, mood swings, and pure exhaustion. Never anything to really to report before with my previous two so this has been a learning curve! Thankfully they’ve seemed to go away with my 8th week minus slight headaches when it’s time to eat and the breast tenderness. 

High risk / concerns? A little concerned that I was underweight when we finally conceived but I have been putting the weight back on now and my obgyn doesn’t seem too worried anymore. I make sure to eat often and not let stress get to me now. 
  • Options
    @squishysmum Congratulations on your first pregnancy, so exciting!! I totally get what you mean about those implantation cramps! This is my third and never before have I ever felt implantation but this time it was like how you described. So painful I thought I was getting my worst period too. Lol. 
  • Options
    @hedgie31 Congratulations and how fun it must be to have a hedgehog for a pet! I, too, had low BMI when I conceived which has me a bit worried. Our symptoms are similar too.. the bloating is insane! I’ve gained a decent amount of weight since my last appt though and my obgyn didn’t say anything about my weight then so I’m trying to not let it worry me. 
  • Options
    Hi @honeybee1984! We’re due date twins! You’re the first I’ve come avoids due the same day but I am still trying to make my way through all the posts. Hehe. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and all the best <3
  • Options
    Hi! I’m a little late to the party because I’ve been hesitant to embrace that this is really happening lol but here we are! 
    Due date? 4/9

How’d you find out? I’m still exclusively pumping for my 9 mo DD and my supply TANKED. I test once a week since I don’t get periods and got a positive. And then another and another 😂

Other children/pets? 5yo boy, 9 mo girl, 8 yo silky terrier. 

Job? sahm 

Things you like to do? Right now it’s a miracle to get a shower and enough sleep 😆

Spouse/partner? Husband and I together since 2014

First appointment? I’ve had 2, plus labs and US 

Any symptoms? Nausea, fatigue, milk drying up and super human smelling power 

High risk / concerns? I have a subchorionic hematoma, I’ve bled on 3 different occasions. I will find out my comparative hcg Monday to make sure everything is ok. 
  • Options
    @bluey101321 Thank you so much! ❤
    The Sunday before I tested, it was so bad I thought my uterus was being ripped out from my body... I had to take a break from doing whatever I was up to to absorb the shock... I'm just glad all is going well. I hope your pregnancy is going well! xo
  • Options
    @squishysmum My goodness, it was the same for me! A couple times I’d gasp and scare the heck out of my husband trying to catch my breath from it. It passed after a few days but then all the other lovely symptoms made themselves present. I’m 9 weeks today and about the start of week 8, I started feeling better thank goodness! I feel like a new person :D My poor kids have been so bored with me down for the count. Haha. Thank you for asking and I’m so glad to hear yours is going well too! The first is so special <3
  • Options
    bluey101321bluey101321 member
    edited September 2020
    @Serenamarr Welcome! And congratulations!! I came a little late too on account of literally doing nothing while those first pregnancy symptoms raged but finally feeling better! This is my third too :smiley: prayers for your appt on Monday for healthy pregnancy. I’ve seen a couple other mamas in here talk about subchorionic hematomas, I think in another thread, if you want to talk about it with someone who can relate :)
  • Options
    @forevertired IVF here too! I hear you on the blah excitement lol- with my son everyone knew what we were in the process of, with this one I only told my parents and cousin (but even when we told the rest of the family it was lackluster because they were shocked but I was nauseous and getting shots every night so I wasn't living in the excitement lol)
  • Options
    @eahayes oh the shots... only 16 more days to go! Sorry your announcement was so lackluster too. 
  • Options
    Welcome @BuckeyeNut05 :smiley: Glad to have you here! Jump in on some of the threads and get to know everyone and we can get to know you too :)
  • Options
    @therealmrsken Welcome! :) And congratulations!! <3
  • Options
    Hello!

Due Date: April 13th

How I Found Out: I decided randomly one morning to take a test after we had been trying for a couple of months. I tested 4 days before my missed period and had a very clear positive!

Other children/pets: We have a 2 year old yorkie-poodle mix that is the baby of the family. We swear she's secretly human.

Job: I'm currently a real estate assistant but thinking about going to school to become a paralegal.

Things I Like To Do: naps, trying new foods, reading, embroidery.

Spouse/Partner: We met my sophomore and his junior year of high school. We have now been together for 4 years and engaged for 3.

First Appointment: September 2nd.

Any Symptoms: nausea on and off which didn't start until about 10 weeks, sore boobs 🤭, and crazy fatigue.

High Risk/Concerns: I was diagnosed in June with severe endometriosis which is why we started trying. I was told that the longer I waited, the harder it would be to conceive. We had to make a very difficult decision as I am only 19 and he is 20. I also have a heart shaped uterus which carries me for higher risk of MC and pre-term labor.