November 2020 Moms

Private Facebook Group vs. Private Bump Group

Re: Private Facebook Group vs. Private Bump Group

• I will go where the group goes but I like the idea of a PG here first. But like others have said I don’t wanna lose anyone. I know when my A18 started 1 admin friended everyone so they could join the group then you could choose to unfriend her after you joined the group. 

I also think that having an admin from each week is a great idea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kitkatz1990 I, too, voted FB but I would be fine with PG first then switch to FB. I think FB is easier for me to navigate and I would check in/post much more frequently due to accessibility and notifications. That being said, I like having this group so I will continue making the effort with a PG first  if that is where the group wants to go :)
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • I did vote for FB but would be fine with PG first. 
  • I was really torn on this because while I agree FB is much easier to use, I also think the PG would help establish admins and work through any issues before moving to FB. I ended up voting for the bump PG but I'm fine with whatever. I don't participate all the time but I do try to at least check in with my week.
  • Fb group would be so much easier 😊
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts ditto. I searched the introduction thread and didn't see that screen name. But it could be that the bump app sucks and the search didn't work. I also don't frequent every thread

@sweetzypie1286 have you posted in the introduction thread? I'm curious since I couldn't find it. 
  • @crizz13 sounds good to me 👍 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @crizz13 sounds good to me! I voted for FB but have no issues doing the private group as long as it moved to fb eventually!
  • Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me!
  • I'm all for private bump group first and then Facebook. Then we have a good month to iron out how exactly we want to migrate to Facebook, who the admins will be, and how we want things to operate over there. I'm with @Ecat504 that the more clear we are with these things up front, the better. We're all in the middle of it now, but a year or so after babies are born, it's really easy for drama to start up because no one remembers or wrote down what the original plans were.
  • @crizz13 I'm with you! Sounds like a good plan to me. We can iron out the details in the PG.
  • @bundleofjoy4iluvu hold the phone! You’re an O18 mama?!? Me too, but I’m not on the GPF group anymore. I’m Huck’s mama!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • @crizz13 That works for me! I voted for Facebook, but happy to go to a private group first :) 
  • Let’s do this!! Let us know when it is started?
  • Voted FB, but super flex about wherever we all hang!
  • windywomanwindywoman member
    edited August 2020
    @crizz13 Works for me and Thank You! 

ETA... I think it is easier to see when someone posts on a PC. 
  • @windywoman oh yeah I check more frequent on my computer because it is easier
  • I like the private group idea. I did go ahead and vote Fb on this poll initially because I am struggling to participate lately due to the annoying ness of the app. But in reality, I like the transition that the private group offers. Like @Ecat504 and others, I experienced a handful of schisms in my D14 group. 

I like the idea of an admin from each week on the TB private group! I would say though, that I’d prefer everyone have admin capability on a FB group. We did it that way for D14 and it worked out pretty well. That way no one has more control than another, no one gets offended, etc.
  • @magdaaaa @bundleofjoy4iluvu I'm an O18 mama too! But I never made it over to Facebook because I got lazy and didn't ask to be added until later and then I couldn't find the group. 🤷‍♀️
  • I voted for FB! TB just drives me insane with this set up, it is over all the place sometimes. FB is just user friendly, faster, and I am on there daily.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I voted FB but have no issues with a PG first. I just can't wait to get off this app and participate more! But the plan sounds good to me and gives everyone the chance to become more comfortable with the switch.
  • You may have to remind me @crizz13. I fed want to make the switch because I love our J18 group but I never seem to get notified in this app when people “tag” me .. and I suck at checking this
  • I’m down for whatever. As a Libra, I want everyone to be happy and me not to have to make a decision. 🙈
  • @potofgolden hey fellow Libra! Nothing gives me more anxiety than having to make a decision for a bunch of people and possibly have some of them mad at me 😬. 
  • @potofgolden I am a Leo (my bday is July 23rd, I am a cusp baby, first day of Leo). We are supposed to be natural leaders and all that jazz... but OMG I am the exact same way. If it is just me, I can make a decision, but anytime other people are involved I get so worried and cannot make a choice because I want everyone else to be happy  :D
  • @crizz13 so annoying! Thank you for working on it:)
  • @crizz13 maybe the bump customer service will make the decision for us! 

I was getting nervous yesterday when this thread had gone quiet for a few days that the migration had already begun! 
  • @anitamargarita_82 thank you for letting us know! So annoying 🙄