February 2021 Moms
Options

Symptoms so far

1235»

Re: Symptoms so far

• Options
    I threw up everyday until around 25 weeks with my son and let me tell you...it doesn’t make you feel better. I was just nauseous all the time with puking in between. It was AWFUL!
  • Options
    I also thought puking would give me some relief....it didn't. Puking started at around 9 weeks even with promethazine prescribed by my doctor. I'm 10+4 today and really holding out hope for that magical second trimester that everyone keeps talking about! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     I was nauseous all day every day with my first. Ended up on Zofran. Not too much actual vomiting but it did subside between 15-16 weeks. My nausea this time has been a lot better but I am soooo much more tired than my first.  And no, puking won’t help you feel better since it’s the hormones that make you nauseous. Just gotta ride it out unfortunately 
  • Options
    Oof, I'm sorry for everyone that ended up puking. Thank you for answering the "does it help" question though ❤️
  • Options
    Nauseated all day every day. It’s lessened when I eat, so naturally have been eating more often..... promethazine at night. Zofran in the AM after a 10 minute dry heave session in the shower. So ready for February.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Per my Doctor’s recommendation I tried Unisom last night. Slept through the night for the first time in over a month, didn’t gag on my toothbrush this morning, and I am much less nauseous so far today!! I also started acupuncture this week. Promising baby steps to feeling better. MD also gave me a Reglan for daytime, but it says it can cause drowsiness so I’m hesitant to try it at work.

Fingers crossed this will get better in the 2nd trimester like everyone says.
  • Options
    My constipation is pretty bad this pregnancy. I had been prescribed Metformin for TCC and because of the side effects I stopped taking it once I got a positive. So I took a couple metformin for the laxative I know it to be and Woah! Having diaper rash cream in the house is a good thing.
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited July 2020
    This! I take Calm and colace at nite and sometimes its TOO effective! I'm one of those weirdos normally nothing works for so can vouch for the effectiveness.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Not sure where to post this, but we went in for a 9 week ultrasound yesterday and there was no heartbeat. It was our 4th loss and I'm very sad and a little numb. The thought of waiting months to get back to this point is so hard too. Thanks for your support over the last few weeks. Wishing everyone here healthy pregnancies and healthy wonderful February, 2021 babies. Love, Aleena 
  • Options
    I’m so so so sorry aleena @goldensunshine19

• Options
    @goldensunshine19 so sorry for your loss. Please take the time you need for yourself to process everything. 
  • Options
    @goldensunshine19 I’m so sorry 
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @goldensunshine19
    I am so sorry to hear this news.  Please take all the time you need to heal.  Everything you are feeling is OK.
  • Options
    @goldensunshine19 I am so very sorry for your loss. We’ve had three losses and two in a row before this pregnancy so I can imagine how you feel. Please take time for your grief. ♥️
  • Options
    @goldensunshine19 I am so sorry Aleena! 
  • Options
    @goldensunshine19 I am so sorry for your loss. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @goldensunshine19 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @goldensunshine19 so sorry for your loss, praying for peace for you and your partner during this time
  • Options
    @goldensunshine19 I’m sorry. 😞
  • Options
    Lightheaded spell today. The internet says that's normal for 12 weeks until a few weeks into 2nd tri and I'm *checks calendar* 12 weeks (like clockwork!).

Laying down with my feet up for a few, drinking some electrolytes and grabbing a snack in a minute.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    As of 10 weeks, my nausea and fatigue up and disappeared so was an easy week save insomnia.
    I am 11 weeks now & am struggling with insomnia more(typical for me anyway tho) & the mood swings are pretty outrageous. The intensity especially. Not really sure how to ride that out but guess I'm doin it. But insomnia, leg cramps (esp overnite), (eww) hemorrhoids & the back pain is kicking in already (not unusual for me typically either tho). Right as I typed that I'm yawning like crazy haha!
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I have that problem too. 10-12 weeks are the worst and then it’s usually mostly gone by 14ish. 

@animommy you can ask if you can take unisom as needed for the insomnia at your appointment. 
  • Options
    Lightheadedness and dizziness has been a problem for me also.
  • Options
    Anyone with late onset morning sickness or just getting worse?:( I was lucky enough not to have it with my first and have only had some mild queasiness here and there with this one that easily goes away with toast or water. But the last few days have been more difficult. Just the thought of meat and rich flavors is putting me over the edge. Isn’t it supposed to be getting better instead of worse???:( Just hit 10 weeks...
  • Options
    @megh1205 hormones and hcg peak as the placenta takes over between weeks 10-12. 
  • Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    ^^^^ You are a wealth of knowledge @mdfarmchick.  I love it!
  • Options
    @cmoon3 I’m so glad it isn’t annoying you. ♥️
  • Options
    So while baking aka standing for an extended period of time I started getting pelvic pain where I ended up having to sit down. It gets better when I sit. I’m pretty sure I had this with my previous pregnancies. It gets hard for me to stand for extended periods of time. 🤪 gahhhh pregnancy is so beautiful