February 2021 Moms
Options

Symptoms so far

Re: Symptoms so far

• Options
    Just started week 5 and my boobs are getting super sore...
  • Options
    I'm officially miserable. Starving but nothing sounds good, nauseous and exhausted. My super smelling abilities are driving me insane because everything makes me wanna barf. Second time moms, please tell me it gets better.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    belle1390belle1390 member
    edited June 2020
    Update: I’m 5.5 weeks now and still have no nausea yet but also no appetite. I just never really feel like eating anything. Yesterday I eventually got hungry for lunch but literally nothing sounded good. I have to force myself to eat most of the time! Never had this with my last pregnancy. It’s strange and I’m losing weight. Anyone else feeling like this? 
  • Options
    belle1390 said:
    Update: I’m 5.5 weeks now and still have no nausea yet but also no appetite. I just never really feel like eating anything. Yesterday I eventually got hungry for lunch but literally nothing sounded good. I have to force myself to eat most of the time! Never had this with my last pregnancy. It’s strange and I’m losing weight. Anyone else feeling like this? 
    With my first pregnancy I was so sick that I lost 10lbs in the first trimester and my dr wasn’t concerned. She basically just said eat what/when you can.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @tamalahoops it will get better. Usually nausea goes away when hcg starts dropping at the end of the first trimester. Some unlucky people have nausea the entire time, but then it’ll of course go away when you give birth. 😬
    25mg of B6 + a half tablet of unisom each night before bed really helped with nausea for me during my last pregnancy.

edited for autocorrect issue. 🙄
  • Options
    @tamalahoops my nausea started fading around 15/16 weeks last time. I’m currently 6 weeks and the thought of feeling this bad or worse for at least the next 2.5 months is making me sad. My SIL is one of the unlucky ones that had it her whole pregnancies. 

Today is rough. Nausea isn’t the worst it’s been but I feel so run down. Not even tired, just my body can’t function without needing a break every 3 minutes 
  • Options
    @moguippy I’m dreading getting to that point. I’m only 4 weeks right now so I know it’ll get a lot worse for me. I’m a SAHM with a toddler, and I don’t know how I’ll have the energy during the first and late third trimesters to keep up with all of his antics. At least with the first pregnancy I could sleep in on the weekend. Now I get up every morning at 5:30 to him yelling in his crib to get out.  :| Kids are brutal, man. In the womb and out.

• Options
    cmoon3cmoon3 member
    I find that I'm hungry and need to eat every 4 hours, but nothing sounds good.  Trying to eat small meals but I've already managed to gain weight.  And after I eat the nausea is terrible for about an hour.  So weird.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I’m WFH with a toddler at the moment. It’s not too bad bc he goes to my moms or MIL 3 days a week and H is home the other 2. And yeah, this kid doesn’t know the meaning of sleeping in. Luckily he sleeps till about 6:30. I’m imagining a much more difficult pregnancy this time around. 

@cmoon3 the nausea after eating is the worst. It makes me not want to eat. Plus all I want is like plain carbs like pretzels or crackers and that’s not helping either 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 how old is your LO? I trained my daughter , who’s older,  to turn the tv on instead of waking me up in the morning and it was like my second life began. Now of course I’m subjecting myself to start all over with a new baby but that’s ok. 

I’m a sahm too and the past week I’ve been dying to take a nap. Only four weeks also... I feel so far behind! Get me to week five! 
  • Options
    @cmoon3 I’m having a very similar thing going on. I keep eating all the carbs! 
  • Options
    @birdiejo He’s only 16 months, so using the remote to him looks like mashing buttons to see what happens. Yesterday he somehow made Netflix have Chinese subtitles. 🤷‍♀️

@moguippy That’s so nice that you have relatives nearby to help out sometimes!

@cmoon3 I feel hungry constantly, too. But nothing except sugar sounds good, and I gained over 70 lbs last pregnancy with the same cravings (which luckily dropped off with breastfeeding), so I’m trying to not give in to the sugar cravings again this time around. It’s so hard, though.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 ah yeah you have a long way to go before “tv freedom”. We only got her to do it just this year and she’s 5.5. I know the struggle though! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 we specifically stayed close since our parents live 5 minutes apart. Every time we think about moving, I’m like, no. 
  • Options
    Pregnancy pimples are rearing their ugly heads for me, and I’m in the “not hungry/nothing sounds appealing” group right now. I’ll be 6 wks on Tuesday and that’s when my nausea usually kicks in-FX that it’s minimal this time around. 
  • Options
    @szwill86 I’m also 6 weeks on Tuesday! Sounds like we’re having similar symptoms. 
  • Options
    Throwing up started for me today. So not excited for this! I threw up everyday when I was pregnant for my son until I was I think 24 weeks. I am taking it as a good sign of a healthy pregnancy so I’m trying not to complain.
  • Options
    Anyone have dry patches on their face? I have this red dry patch that’s flaky on the right side of my chin that started a few weeks ago. I’ve tried exfoliating, deep hydration, etc and nothing is working. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @shlecks have you tried a facial oil? Something that has squalene? I used one by The Ordinary in the winter and it helped my patches (and it’s cheap- under $10!).
  • Options
    @szwill86 I do have an oil and just used it this morning, but I’m not sure if it has that ingredient. I will check! Thanks for the tip!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    belle1390 said:
    With my first pregnancy I was so sick that I lost 10lbs in the first trimester and my dr wasn’t concerned. She basically just said eat what/when you can.
    I am in week 6,and since last week I also seem to have lost apetite. Specially cannot eat anything heavy or creamy. I eat only one meal properly.
    I didn't have any nausea until yesterday. Since yesterday, I am feeling nauseated (but mild), which comes and goes and at any time of the day. 
  • Options
    I am currently slowly coming off of a medication that I do not want to take during my pregnancy and I feel like it’s making symptoms 10x worse! It’s been 6 years since my last pregnancy and man did I forget how rough the beginning really is! 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @szwill86 and @belle1390 I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow as well. Definitely started having the nausea off and on all day today. 🤢

ETA: forgot to tag
    Me: 34 DH: 30
    BFP #6: 8/21/21 FX for a sticky baby!

BFP #5: 6/15/21 CP 6/21/21
    BFP #4: 2/14/21 CP 2/17/20
    BFP #3: 6/4/20 MC Blighted Ovum D&C 7/9/20
    BFP #2: 6/12/14 DD Born via CS: 2/12/15 
    BFP #1: 5/8/11 DD Born via CS: 1/18/12                                                      

• Options
    I'm 5 weeks right now and haven't experienced any major symptoms. Literally the day after I found out I was pregnant I got slammed with a migraine. However, I think that's because I immediately cut out coffee so I think that was more a side effect of that! 

I do feel a little nauseous right after I eat. That lingers for like 30 minutes or so. I've been trying to drink a lot of water which was helped. 

I'm supposed to be flying down to SC on Friday for the weekend. I booked this trip to visit my parents and see my dad for Father's Day like a month ago. I'm starting to stress myself out that I'm going to get slammed with morning sickness literally the day I leave. The last thing I want is to sit on a plane for an hour and a half feeling nauseous. I need to stop thinking about it. lol 
  • Options
    I’m 4-5 weeks and my breasts are SO tender. That was actually what most tipped me off that I was pregnant. Otherwise just mild nausea and bloating. My body is usually super sensitive to change and anything can make me tired, so I’m pleasantly surprised I am not more tired already.
  • Options
    I’m 5 weeks tomorrow, and don’t feel any big symptoms yet. Small waves of nausea come and go with days between them, no sore boobs, and really only fatigue tells me that anything is different. It makes me anxious. With DS I had sore boobs by now, and noticeable nausea (though I wasn’t puking daily until around 8 weeks). TW: with my mc at 6 weeks, I didn’t have any symptoms at all.
    I’m trying really hard not to overanalyze it and to remember that each pregnancy is different, but it’s so hard not to worry a bit. PGAL brain really f**** with you. 😞
  • Options
    So apparently I can’t eat as large of quantity of food as I could before, and my food aversion has grown to include fried potatoes of any kind. Chips, hash browns, fries, curls - all a big nope from me right now.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @WildMagelet the food aversion has started for me too! Just last night actually. I love mushrooms...but apparently shiitake's gross me out now. So that's a big disappointment. 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried preggie pop drops for nausea? I am so miserable right now that I ordered some from amazon and they should be here tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @babymamadimo I haven’t tried those, but ginger chews like Gingins work decently well! Also 25mg of B6 + half a tablet of unisom every night works miracles. My ob last pregnancy told me that and it helped immensely.
  • Options
    @babymamadimo I tried them last pregnancy bc my SIL said they worked for her but they didn’t work for me. But basically nothing worked for me last time. This time B6 seems to be helping... for now 
  • Options
    @babymamadimo I tried the preggy pop with b6 and they didn't help. Unfortunately I've tried everything and nothing has even touched it. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    @hannahbananas11 preach sister, I'm actually really looking forward to the constant nausea and daily vomit so I know everything it progressing well this time.
    TW: I have had a similar experience, lots of morning sickness with my DS and hardly any symptoms with my MC.
  • Options
    @tamalahoops that happened with my first. I tried EVERYTHING. I eventually asked for meds from my OB and the first one or 2 that I tried didn’t work but eventually zofran took the edge off. I was still super sick and lost weight but I was at least functional. 
  • Options
    I'm 6+2 and "morning" sickness has hit full-fledged. If I keep something in my stomach all the time, it seems to help a little, but of course nothing sounds good. Oh, I don't know how I forgot how bad it could be 🤢😔
    Me: 34 DH: 30
    BFP #6: 8/21/21 FX for a sticky baby!

BFP #5: 6/15/21 CP 6/21/21
    BFP #4: 2/14/21 CP 2/17/20
    BFP #3: 6/4/20 MC Blighted Ovum D&C 7/9/20
    BFP #2: 6/12/14 DD Born via CS: 2/12/15 
    BFP #1: 5/8/11 DD Born via CS: 1/18/12                                                      

• Options
    Real bad nausea hit me earlier this week at 6 weeks exactly! Feeling a little bit better today but wow, I forgot how much I hate early pregnancy! 🙈 
    I’m craving McDonalds hash browns and egg McMuffins SO bad. Especially the hash browns. I’ve had one for breakfast several days this week! This was a big craving for me during my last pregnancy as well. What is everyone else craving? 
  • Options
    belle1390 said:
    What is everyone else craving? 
    So far it varies day to day but every day literally NOTHING besides the craving is appealing. The other day I needed spanakopita. Yesterday, a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s. Today, if I don’t get mozzarella sticks, I will surely perish 😜
  • Options
    @vizsladogmom I haven’t had a Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich in over a year, but I sure as heck had one for lunch today (obvi with fries).
  • Options
    I was feeling really nauseous for a couple
    of days but today is better so I’m trying to just enjoy it. I’m definitely having fatigue so when I have energy I just try to do all the things and let myself crash. 

I feel like I don’t usually have symptoms so early on. Or maybe my brain just decided to forget all this 
  • Options
    szwill86 said:
    @vizsladogmom I haven’t had a Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich in over a year, but I sure as heck had one for lunch today (obvi with fries).
    Fries are mandatory. When at Wendy’s, I always dip mine in a small chocolate Frosty!