September 2020 Moms
Options

June Randoms

Re: June Randoms

• Options
    +1 for having nice hair! Trying to enjoy before the post baby balding. Haha
  • Options
    My hair is crazy thick anyway so now it is just veering into Hermione Granger territory before I go half bald once this boy is born. I told DH to stock up on those drain pull things now. 

I am a fretter for sure so I’ve worried a little about not gaining weight but my doctor has said nothing and the babe is growing normally so I’m trying not to really worry. I was more curious about what the norm is than anything. Maybe my body just figured that since I’d gained about 10 lbs since last fall that it would just count that and even out lol All of my nonpregnant girl friends keep lamenting how much quarantine weight they have gained and how lucky I am to have the excuse of being pregnant and I haven’t told them I’ve only gained 4lbs since February.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @beaandthebabes we need to invest in some new drain snakes too lol. I have the same problem. 

I’m working on my DS room today! I just need to move all the extra stuff out of his room so we can paint the boarder. And I moved a bunch of baby stuff from there to the nursery. Hoping I don’t lose my inspiration to get this done by the time I get all the stuff moved out lol. 

Also I have a very sweet picture to share when the Private group works again! 
  • Options
    My hair is pretty thick to begin with too, but it usually just lays flat and blah, so I appreciate a little extra fluff without the work lol.

@beaandthebabes I keep laughing at everyone talking about quarantine weight gain too (privately of course)

I think I've decided that I want to have everything as ready as possible by 30 weeks. My friends are getting clothes and stuff together that I'm being handed down. I just need to figure out where the heck to put everything... lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 30 weeks is a great goal. I need to do that. Maybe 32 weeks. I took down art, a window treatment, and floating nightstands today and filled holes to prep for painting. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And I still haven’t done a thing for this baby 🤪 We still need to figure out what the bedroom situation is gonna be. But I figure he’ll be in our room for a few months to start anyway so we have time... #procrastination lol. The TLDR version is that the third bedroom is connected to the office and we’d like to separate them. 

Our house has 3 bedrooms and the third bedroom has a little office that is connected to it that MH uses when he WFH. Ideally we’d like to put up drywall to split that office from the bedroom so it has its own entrance and a door so he could still work while someone is sleeping. My FIL is really handy and has done stuff like that before so he may be able to do it but we have to actually plan it out. Then once that happens we could decorate a room for baby boy lol. So it may not be any time soon, may not even be until after baby comes, but that’s okay since like I said he’ll sleep in our room for at least 3-4 months I imagine anyway (we moved DD to her own room around 4 months to help with sleep training). 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    So, it might be closer to 32 weeks before we've got her clothes and everything sorted, since we need to get some more storage, but I'd definitely like to have our rooms organized. I'm pretty bad at it and when we moved into our apartment everything kind of just got shoved into the rooms and we didn't do much else to organize. It's showing now.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Hopefully we will have his nursery done before he arrives, but it’ll be real close! My
    goal is always to have clothes washed and our bags packed by 35 weeks, in case. 
  • Options
    The best part of expecting boy number 2 and deciding to have them share a room is that we are pretty set up apart from making some decor (DH made an amazing mobile for our son and we made a lot of our other nursery decor which I’ve switched to V’s big boy side of the room) and I want a few new crib sheets and the like. I’ve got the bassinet set up so I can get used to it enough not to trip over it all the time and clothes are clean and hung up. The secretary at DH’s work had a baby a few months ago and her family did a diaper party where waaay too many people gave her NB sizes so she gave us a couple of boxes of those. I feel pretty ready just little things left. Lord knows that I’m forgetting a million things which I’ll remember like a week before the day though lol
  • Options
    I agree it does make decorating easier having another boy. We are planning on leaving the nursery the same theme. Plan on moving DS to his big boy room next month or sooner if he is super into his new room! So far I tapped up for painting and that’s as far as I got lol. I’m hoping we can work on it tonight but DH aid already grumpy about all the things he did today. 
  • Options
    I need some wedding gift advice. I have a new coworker that just got married and his wife just moved down here to the south. I’m a fan of themed gifts (grilling set with charcoal chimney, towels in a laundry basket with detergent and softener, etc.). So I’m torn between getting them a tea pitcher & glasses off their registry & putting it in a basket with tea bags and sugar (a kind of welcome to the south theme) or if I should get one of the manly things off the registry since I work with the husband. 

Thoughts? 
  • Options
    Ooooh
    See, personally I love the thought of the themed tea gift set just because the south truly does go hard for their tea. What are some of the more manly ideas you have?
  • Options
    @corngirl I think that is a fun gift idea! It includes things they want and a very southern theme of sweet tea
  • Options
    @raesky1111The manly ideas are pretty much grilling stuff (grill wok and shishkebob holders, grill gloves) or individual tools like a step ladder, electric leaf blower or rechargeable work light. 
  • Options
    @corngirl when I’ve been invited as a guest of the groom I usually get something for him. If there is stuff in the registry clearly for him I’d grab that.

The goal in our house is DS1&2 in the same room by 32 weeks. Then I can work in the nursery and hopefully have that ready by 36 weeks. Definitely pushing it, but I’m trying to hold off moving the boys together because I’m terrified of what chaos that will bring. I plan to have everything purchased and ready to go before so it’s all in the wings waiting. I’ve been working on closets, joining the boys clothes and getting this baby’s things washed and ready. I just need time when I don’t have the boys with me and access to their rooms. The only time this happens is nap, but then they are in the rooms. Thanks quarantine!
  • Options
    All of you are giving me serious anxiety about the nursery! Haha. I just want to do it but my husband sees no rush and wants to participate. I'm hoping to start buying the few odds and ends we need on the next few weeks and start putting things together in July. I'll also have to find and re-wash all my son's newborn clothing I suppose haha
  • Options
    @megsmcp lol I just want my older son to be moved and comfortable in his big boy room. But I did also wash all the baby clothes and put them away....I know I’m a little a head of myself lol
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @robinj716 exactly. I’ve only seen a couple of people participate since and the one that gave us the most trouble is no where to be seen 😂 just wanted to cause drama for no reason I guess! 
  • Options
    Lol, enjoy the beach!! Next weekend I'm going camping and am so stupid stoked about it! Probably won't be on much, but if we migrate halfway to Facebook I'll probably post on there 😂
  • Options
    What brand of rugs do you all like for big kid room? I need a 5x7 size and was hoping not to spend a ton 
  • Options
    @ktholysz We got ours at Home Depot (it is actually a replacement for a pretty darned expensive one we had gotten previously but which had met an untimely sick dog related end) it is so plush and nice! When we put it in he just kept wiggling his little toes in it and going “Oooh! Nice!” Or “So soft!” Which was stinking adorable.
  • Options
    @ashwortl you’re good !!! Enjoy the beach! There was one person who was just downright whining and drama; not you! 
  • Options
    @raesky1111 depending on where the pain is it could be round ligament pain. I get pains in my hips every now and then. 

Im going to do my Glucose test this morning. I ate one egg and I’m drinking a whole lot of water! I was planning to pace around the house a little too to get my body moving/more awake. Just hoping I don’t throw up the glucose stuff and that I pass lol. 
  • Options
    @ktholysz Good job prepping and I hope it goes great! I chugged a coke and skipped breakfast that morning like usual. 😆
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ktholysz good luck with the test!

@raesky1111 I got a few cervix kicks this weekend which are always fun 😆
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @raesky1111 Yep, the last week or so they’ve become strong and painful jabs. He’s a wild man in there! 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv @raesky1111 I could have sworn I felt a rib jab yesterday! More surprising than painful. But also, is that possible yet, given the size of my ute? 😆 Who knows.

@ktholysz hope you passed! I am not looking forward to mine next month. 
  • Options
    So many updates since the private group has been down!

I passed my glucose challenge and it tasted like undiluted margarita mix. I honestly didn't hate it.

My belly button is starting to turn inside out 😂

And I think I have a gum infection around a crown. I have a dentist appt. for thursday. Any STMs experienced gum issues during pregnancy? I've heard it's a thing...
  • Options
    @emohay1988 When I’m pregnant my gums bleed a lot and are swollen in places. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @emohay1988 Mine definitely get more swollen. If I get something stuck or they get scratched, they swell up tons and it takes way longer to get back to normal. I try to floss, gently brush, and even swish warm salt water. That seems to help.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise baby girl is definitely getting some kicks to my floating ribs at least. I just hope she doesn't like to hook her feet under them like big brother did to me a lot at the end lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Ugh!!! So I just got my results for the glucose test and my number was right at the line. So they said I need to do the 3 hour test. I’m so not doing the 3 hour test because my number was the cut off number!! I’m super frustrated. 
  • Options
    @ktholysz wow, they're being picky. That sucks!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Removed my comment and moved it to the Private group....
  • Options
    I gotta get my 2+ year old potty trained before September and moved to big girl bed.  Stressing!!!!
  • Options
    @slr1229 working on the potty training too but I don't have high hopes that it will be completed before baby comes. Completely understand the stress.  Good luck!