December 2020 Moms

Ask a BTDT Mom

14567810»

Re: Ask a BTDT Mom

• @babymakes9 we live in Michigan, so it is definitely going to be chilly with snow! I appreciate the advice. 
  • Super curious-- BTDT moms, how did your true contractions feel compared to Braxton Hicks? I seem to be pretty prone to BH, so want to be sure I know what changes to look for!
  • Loading the player...
  • @peyts228 they hurt, lol. 
  • @willashbaby Haha, point taken!

I may be paranoid because I have a friend who says she didn't feel her contractions until she was pretty far into labor... But hopefully that's just one of those stories that freak FTMs out!
  • @peyts228 at my 30w u/s they could see my uterus having Braxton Hicks contractions but I couldn’t feel them at all. I also had a friend who was in labor experience the same thing - they were seeing contractions on the monitor and she felt nothing! But her water had broken and she was only 35 weeks, so that’s why they went in. 
  • @shelmcclel That's super interesting about your ultrasound! Pregnancy is wild lol.

Sounds just like my friend, who went in for leaking fluid. Luckily she was full term (right on her due date, actually!)
  • @peyts228 I never went into labor with my first, and with this one when my contractions started they felt at first like light period cramps that came and went. They weren’t even super painful at first, but felt like when you’re trying to start a car and it just revs for a bit and then fizzles out....in constant on and off waves 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 Thanks so much for sharing! How are you and little one doing? (Only if you'd like to share, of course!)
  • Does anyone have recommendations for a good hospital birth/labor gown ?  
  • @autumn87654321 I recommend using the hospital provided gown and socks during birth.  It can get gross pretty fast with blood,  fluids,  etc. And a fresh hospital gown for the 1st 24 hours because some people will bleed alot and not realize they are leaking. After that anything you find comfortable that gives easy boob access.  I personally like this style Nanette Nanette Lepore Maternity Nursing Snap Down Babydoll Sleep Gown

BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7