October 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 4/13

13»

Re: Randoms w/o 4/13

• Options
    Man yesterday. DS turned two and I forgot to take my nausea medicine. Threw up 4 times before 11am. Luckily, he still doesn’t understand birthdays so the cake and his favorite dinner has been pushed until today. 
    I’ll be 16 weeks on Monday and more than ready to be done with nausea medicine 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    @profmcgonagall how do you do while you are on the meds? I had this problem with my last pregnancy. Started feeling a lot better by 14-16 weeks, but every time I tried to stop taking the meds I was puking again. Ended up on them until right before third tri! I'm 14+3 now and haven't thrown up in a week, but I'm too scared to stop them yet. Trying to scale back and take fewer doses first.

I stayed up too late last night doing an online game night with some friends, still up early because of DD and dog, but it was so needed. Feeling socially refreshed today if nothing else! And DH's last night shift for a few months was last night and he has the next week off (after 7 nights straight), so I'm so excited to have him around more. Things are looking up here. 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3, I was sick until around 20 weeks with my first two pregnancies so I’m expecting this one to be the same. 
    But generally, every few weeks I will intentionally not take them to see if it’s any better. Yesterday was not planned but I’ll probably try again in 2-3 weeks. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Options
    @animalandplantrescuer My first was a girl and she guessed correctly at 13 weeks! She did say it is a little harder to be confident with a girl guess but she doesn’t even offer to guess if she’s not pretty sure and I’d assume most UT’s are the same. 
  • Options
    So we technically have two pregnant women in our house - me and my dog! She’s a golden retriever who we “foster” even though she will be our forever family dog. She is owned by a breeder but we take care of her and will be ours when she “retires.” She only goes away for 6 weeks to have her pups. Well I got really excited because she’s 7 weeks today and I could feel puppies moving around! I decided to take my fetal Doppler and try it and I heard at least 3 puppy heartbeats! I’m sure there are more but it was so cool. This is her first litter! They are pregnant for 9 weeks so she’s super close! 
  • Options
    @mamahosch that’s so sweet. I had no idea they’re only pregnant for 9 weeks. Can you imagine if human pregnancy was so short?
  • Options
    Does anyone know... if you have a Target Redcard, can you combine the 5% discount with other discounts? Say, for example, the 15% registry completion discount....?
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason you typically can because the Target card 5% off is applied at the end, over everything, no matter what. I’ve never had an instance where that hasn’t happened. 
  • Options
    Just saw this for you ladies with red cards. 

• Options
    @mckjacks @anitamargarita_82 Thanks! I don’t have a redcard yet but I’m thinking it might be worth it for baby purchases...
  • Options
    @coldbrew right?! I don’t know if I’d feel prepared enough in that short of time 😂

@baseballismyfavoriteseason girl, I never ever shop target without my RedCard! I buy everything there so it helps with taking off the tax at the end (Iowa has 7% sales tax 🙄) But yes it should work on top of the 10%! Any other coupons I use always combine with the RedCard 5% since it’s automatic.
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I literally never use anything but my target card when I shop at target. The 5% off is really excellent. We bought our car seats last week during their 20% off sale and still got an extra $25+ off with the redcard. 
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I have the target debit card since I have enough credit cards and that way I didn't get an inquiry on my credit report (or have to remember to pay anything off). Super simple!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I was going to start a new randoms thread for this week but wondering if we should just stick with a monthly randoms thread for now? Especially since the board is a bit dead 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Options
    @ProfessorMcGonagall I think monthly is a good idea. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall I think monthly is fine.  The. We can continue to keep a running conversation of various things! 
  • Options
    I took my 15 week bump photo today... I look HUGE in it! But I don’t seem that big when I look in the mirror 😂 I’m hoping I haven’t gained too much weight. COVID has really not helped with that, even though DH and I walk every day with our golden.
  • Options
    @mamahosch I feel the exact opposite! I took my 16 week bump picture yesterday and I feel huge, but I still feel like it's not that noticeable in photos. It's bumming me out because I want to be able to share these moments with my family who I might not get to see at all during pregnancy at this point
  • Options
    I thought I had gained a bunch of weight during this whole COVID thing, but it turns out I'm actually down 4lbs since my last visit to the OB. My bump/blump is getting bigger, I can tell my how my shirts are fitting, so maybe my butt is getting smaller? I dunno. Pregnancy is weird, yo.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    I don’t know whether to put this here or in the COVID thread.... Is anyone considering or signed up for an online childbirth class? We did one at the hospital for our first baby and were planning to do it again as a refresher, but obviously right now all the in-person classes are cancelled. I am trying to decide whether to try to find one online, or wait this out a little bit and hope in-person classes resume?
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I'd wait. I don't know where you are but hopefully classes will resume before you need to take it. I think we took ours at 34 weeks??? Feels like forever ago...
  • Options
    I've been MIA again. Work is just nuts! Tonight is the first night in a week in not working! Seriously such a blessing right now. I really hope next week is more manageable. I feel like I say it every week! 

We got work done in our yard and it's been awesome! Not so awesome to see money go out the window but ...at least we are set for more time in quarantine or semi quarantine if anything. Plus we can enjoy the summer outside. 

My husband is probably going to be home another month and a half...I can't believe it! I'm so used to have him home. He is super distracting but also so helpful. 
  • Options
    Regarding weight, I look like I'm showing more than last time at this stage but I look at my fitness pal and I'm literally the same weight I was at the time at this stage. Although I'm for sure more fat than muscle considering how much I was working out last time and now it's basically zero 😭
  • Options
    @morethanamama I am hoping so too! My concern is about everyone who will suddenly be trying to get in at the same time if they do open up. My dr typically recommends registering within the next few weeks since they do usually fill up under normal circumstances, but no one is taking registrations right now, so... We’re in Washington state and as confident as the governor was about shutting everything down, he has been much more wishy-washy about opening back up. Two press conferences now that were supposed to talk about the plan to reopen where all he’s said was essentially “we’re working on a plan to reopen.” But I digress...

We’ve been doing a lot of yard work too!! We bought our house in September and since then have just kind of been watching to see what’s coming up and we’re finally getting to work on it. Hubby hung deck lights, built himself a workbench, I did a bunch of weeding while the toddler “helped.” We bought our first ever lawn mower! 
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I'm not planning on doing any classes this time (was hard enough to get DH to agree the first time), but maybe they will start offering virtual if things drag out enough? I wouldn't stress too much yet unless you guys are going to be really restricted on when you can do it based on your schedule.

@morethanamama we are totally slacking on the yardwork (but that always seems to be the case), but I finally managed to get something accomplished outside of keeping us alive in quarantine. This week I got DDs closet cleaned and old clothes boxed up as well as our office closet cleaned. We are having to move our guest room to the office and current guest room will become DDs "big girl room" so it's exciting to start making progress! 
  • Options
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I’m right there with you.  Inslee is aggravating.  I’m so glad the golf courses are re-opened but everything else is still closed 😱.  Priorities are top notch over here in WA.  I’d be happy if we’d just be allowed to hang out with family members (aunts and cousins etc).  It would be so nice to have a family bbq and just have a nice distraction from all of this. 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 We have been continuing to spend time with my parents because my mom still watches our toddler. We kept him for 2 weeks while we made sure they didn’t get sick from attending my grandmother’s funeral, but realized that wasn’t going to work for us long term while working from home. The rest of our local family members are super high risk with various factors so we are being more strict about not seeing them. I don’t even care if he wants to slowly turn the dial about reopening things—golfing and fishing are natural socially-distant activities—just make a freaking decision and let’s do this. Don’t get up at a podium and say “I’ll let you know on Friday.” Rant over. :)
  • Options
    Yay—I got my Target Redcard and promptly ordered a new pregnancy pillow and a couple maternity shirts. My hips are looking forward to the new pillow!
  • Options
    Board is so dead today! What is everyone up to? I finished cleaning out the closets in my rooms that have to be shuffled for new baby in between zoom meetings today, so that felt like an accomplishment. Getting so much more done around the house since I sent DD back to daycare. Plus, just feeling way more like myself without the constant struggle of trying to work from home with a toddler. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 finally taking a break to eat and catch up on here! I've had calls all freaking day and I'm seriously so dead. Never thought I would want time off during quarantine but I never anticipated work being so busy. I hope some of the work I'm doing will at least bring in new customers! I want to clean the house this weekend because it's such a disaster...
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 I was finally able to shower for the day when my toddler went down for her nap.  So that was nice! It’s the little things 😃.  I ordered dinner online from P.F. Chang’s that my hubs will pick up on the way home.  I’m so excited for lettuce wraps!!! I’m anxiously awaiting the call with my NIPT results.   I have so much anxiety right now.  Last time we got a false positive with my DD so now I have a pretty good amount of fear.  Even being back in the MFM office this time made me really feel panicky.  Hoping for good news any day now.  It’s been a week.  
  • Options
    @morethanamama what do you do again? Hope all the calls are good for business at least!

@anitamargarita_82 yummmm lettuce wraps sound so good. Fingers crossed you get an answer this week on your NIPT!
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 hubby and I finished our landscaping today! I’m so exhausted. And now I’m still crying over the quarantine Parks & Rec episode 😭
  • Options
    @mamahosch I am SO excited to watch the Parks and Rec special tomorrow. It is one of my all-time favorite shows. 
  • Options
    @mckjacks oh the episode was so good!! It’s my all-time favorite show. I think I need to rewatch it on Netflix for the 27647582th time. Lol
  • Options
    I’m excited for the Parks and Rec episode as well. Watching the show was always fun because the city hall they used was about 5 miles from where I used to live. 

I think my morning sickness (all day sickness) is finally subsiding some. Whenever I have said this previously though, it’s come back. But now foods are finally starting to sound good again. Just reached 14 weeks on Monday. So I am finally starting to get things done around the house as well. 

We also did a gender reveal with our neighbors. We found out what we are having yesterday, so I made a confetti egg by filling it with paper hole punch circles. I had to get creative since the craft stores are closed.  We then stood a safe distance from each other, and they threw it. It was a lot of fun. 
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 I survived the day somehow...I work as a program manager for a software company. I like my job and I'm grateful for potential new business but man, I'm tired!
  • Options
    Ah! I'm so excited about the parks and rec episode too! I didn't watch it live but plan to sometime in the next few days. Parks and rec is probably my favorite show too. I've rewatched it a ton. Last time I watched it was when we first brought DD home from the hospital (and I was basically up most of the night). ❤️❤️

@morethanamama hope things calm down for you today or you at least get the weekend to relax a little!