October 2020 Moms

Randoms w/o 4/13

Did anyone else eat an excessive amount of chocolate yesterday? 
Just me? Ok lol 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: Randoms w/o 4/13

• I’m trying to save my Reese’s eggs, but I ate a ton of starburst fave red jellybeans!!
  • I purposely didn’t buy any chocolate this Easter.   My daughter got mini rice crispy treats in her eggs.  I did make a triple berry cobbler though yesterday and it was amazing!!! I’ll be eating that for breakfast for a few days.  I mean it has tons of fruit in it so it’s healthy 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually am not big on chocolate but recently have been devouring it.  SO MANY MINI EGGS!  And even better yet, now that Easter is over, all the leftover chocolate is on sale!
  • @anitamargarita_82 I love berry cobbler, sooo delicious.  I don't bake much much but that's my go-to. 
  • I ate all the things yesterday. Chocolate, cake, jellybeans. All of it.

I did a grocery pickup on Friday and they messed it up so, so bad. It was a big order, but they marked 15 (!) things as received when we didn't receive them, and they substituted stuff that made no sense whatsoever (ginger as a sub for mushrooms?). I am SO freaking annoyed because now I don't have a bunch of stuff I need for our meal plan. And I totally understand that they're busy and stuff is out of stock, etc. but man, how do you say you gave me 15 different grocery items and none of them actually made it into my order. 
  • I am oddly turned off by sweets for the most part. So much for the old wives tales haha.
  • @themoonandme Same with me a few weeks back. I asked for zucchini and got cucumbers so at least they were the same color. I asked for Oreos and got chocolate teddy grahams and marshmallow fluff. But so many things were missing from my order. 
  • @babycakesday So frustrating! I am probably going to shop in person next time and just go right when they open during the reserved hours. I'm embarrassed to admit that I cried just a little bit ago about something that was missing haha.
  • Gahhh I'm still here in busy-land. My husband is a sweetheart but working with him is a struggle. He's distracting, he constantly chats, or taps his fingers, or asks me what I want for lunch 😂 I will stop complaining because at least we have jobs.

No chocolate here but vanilla ice cream is my jam. So versatile, just had some with jarred peaches from trader Joe's and it was the perfect treat. We have meatballs on the menu tonight and fries in our new air fryer! Fingers crossed the toddler eats the same thing...
  • My grandma’s funeral got canceled as it was scheduled for the first day of shelter-in-place in state. My mom therapy-bakes and had already made all the cookies for the post-funeral family gathering that didn’t end up happening. So she’s been feeding them to me for the past week. I figure, well, my dr wanted me to gain a few pounds by my next appointment! 🤣 
  • There’s a good sale right now for maternity/nursing stuff right now on the kindred braverly website.  I ordered some bras because I’m over bras with underwire already.  

• @anitamargarita_82 . Same. I might check that out!
  • My kid had 4 epic meltdowns this morning, so as soon as DH got out of bed, I told him I was going for a drive. Got Starbucks and now I'm sitting in the car down the street from my house enjoying it. I might be pushing my caffeine limit for the day, but I think that's just going to have to be the way it is. At least I haven't thrown up in 3 days! 
  • I started getting back into my workout routine now that I'm feeling less blah and my whole body hurts and I'm twice as hungry. So...not sure if that makes it worth it ha.
  • So I'm firmly team green, but I cannot decide what I think this baby is. With my last pregnancy, every fiber of my being told me it was a boy. I had no doubt at all. Out came a girl. This time, I'm really feeling girl again, but now I just assume I am wrong, so I told DH I think it's a boy. Buttttt, now that I have pregnancy experience and am having a very similar pregnancy to last time (so girl makes sense), maybe I should trust my gut more?! Just rambling, but all you ladies who have guessed right have me floored.
  • I thought my insomnia was getting better and then the last 3 nights have just been horrible. I’m going to have to go back to the guest room tonight because I feel absolutely miserable. I wish I was better at taking naps, but it’s so hard for me to relax enough to sleep during the day. 

I bought some maternity clothes online from Gap because they were having a crazy sale so we’ll see how that goes because while my jeans somehow still fit, I know that won’t last much longer. 😂
  • I did a genetic test and found out just now that I’m a carrier for Spinal Muscular Atrophy. So I’m anxious now. Next step is to see if my husband is a carrier as well; if he is, there’s a 25% chance the baby will have it. :( 
  • @psmk521 sorry for the hard news. 
  • @psmk521 My interwebby research says there's only a 1 in 50 chance your hubby is a carrier, so statistically that's only a 1 in 200 chance that your baby will have it.  Not that that makes the anxiety a whole lot better (over 40 FTM here, I have plenty of fears about genetic stuff), but maybe it helps a little.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Thanks, @kboydbowman. It does help
  • So sorry @psmk521, that's tough. Is he going to be able to be tested soon? Will be thinking of you.
  • @carrotsandpeas3 yes, he will get tested next week. I have my next appt on Thursday so we might just do it then...or I might make him go sooner than that. 
  • @psmk521 sorry for the hard news, but me being the optimistic self I am I am going to join @kbowman78 and saying that chances are low, so fingers crossed.

@carrotsandpeas3 with my first I really wanted a girl but I KNEW it was going to be a boy and I was right. This time I am pretty indifferent (I love being a boy mom, and I'm ok with another boy) but I keep dreaming it's a girl. My pregnancy is also very similar to my first though, aside from my skin being bad (but I'm also eating way worse than last time).

I think I've convinced my H to let me find out so fingers crossed we can chat more about it this weekend! I want to be team green but realistically I'm too much of a planner.
  • @morethanamama I can’t even imagine a baby without diaper rash. That sounds like some mythical land. My kids have horribly sensitive skin though. When they teeth their poor buts will turn neon red after just one poop. 

But that did remind me a something we discovered over the years that’s amazing for really bad diaper rash. It’s called Medihoney. It’s in the pharmacy department and is actually used to dress burns but works like a charm for bad diaper rash. Our Pedi suggested its been a life saver more than once. Also layering a cream like butt paste followed by something like aquafor helps seal the paste to their skin so it doesn’t rub off on the diaper as easily. 
  • @JLaVO888 we had our fair share of diaper rash too (DD had 4 ear infections in a period of 3 months and was constantly on antibiotics giving her diarrhea). I never thought about medihoney for it. Such a good idea. I've heard it's super useful for split or injured nipples from nursing or pumping as well if you ever run into that. Luckily I have not! 
  • JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited April 2020
    @carrotsandpeas3 I have no idea how that post of mine ended up here. It was meant for the diapering thread! 😂

I broke my quarantine for the first time during this whole debacle just to get a tube of medihoney because DS had a horrible one that was starting to  look staph infection like with the bumps/boils. Cleared that up right away. 

DD actually got a random MRSA infection when she was about 10 months. (I think from a previous  hospital stay we had.)  The first boil went from being mosquito bite size to walnut sized over night. She had to be sedated for it to be lanced because it was too close to an artery and nerves  in her leg. They ran a culture on it and that’s when we found out it was MRSA. She kept getting little bumps for about a month but the medihoney got rid of all of them before they had to be lanced. I was so relieved she didn’t have to be sedated again. So it’s my miracle mom swear by it cure all. 
  • If anyone hasn't seen, Target is having a huge sale on carseats, strollers, travel systems, and giving gift cards for spending X amount of money on baby furniture this week! We just scored the carseats we wanted for 20% off!
  • unsure of where to post this, but I’m covered in hives thanks to my seasonal allergies. My dermatologist prescribed me triamcinolone cream to help fight them. I used it the first day but then decided to google it and read a lot of things about it not being safe during pregnancy. Has anyone else ever been prescribed it while pregnant? I’m planning on calling my OB first thing in the morning but My body is on fire from the hives. 
  • I started thinking about where to register and what to register for and I’m feeling COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED. 
  • @mckjacks thanks I just got our travel system!
  • @psmk521 Personally I think Amazon is the easiest.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• AB518AB518 member
    @psmk521  I recommend registering at Amazon and Target.  Amazon is convenient for most people.  I like Target, but I mainly registered there because I know that some people like to go pick out gifts at a physical store and most people I know live near a Target.  (I'm hoping that shopping at a store becomes a normal activity again.)  Most registries have checklists too to try to help with deciding what to add.  I recommend trying to add a little at a time to your registries, so it doesn't get overwhelming.  I kept my registries private until I felt like they were closer to being finished.  I would sometimes put multiple options on my registry and then decide at a later date which one I liked; that was my main reason for keeping the registry temporarily private.  My registry for this pregnancy is just a shopping list for me because I still have most items from when DS was a baby.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @psmk521 I also like Babylist because it aggregates other registries. So if you have one at Amazon and Target (that's what we did), you can link them there and then only share the Babylist link with people. Plus it allows you to add different types of stuff like Etsy items, as well as create a money fund if that's something you'd like to do.

@mckjacks thank you for the tip!
    @babycakesday oh no! I hope the hives pass soon :( sorry I have no advice on treatment opti
  • @psmk521 Amazon is a big hit because those with prime can get free shipping. 

@babycakesday I would definitely ask your OB.
  • @psmk521 I used Amazon last time because I like that they give you two completion discounts- it’s higher if you’re a prime member. They will also give you 20% off diapers for a year once you’ve had $500 spent off your registry.

We used target for our first because we worked there so we got an extra discount. Target is a bit more of a pain because certain things tend to roll over frequently and depending on when you register, they do a large reset of the baby department twice a year. But most people have a Target around and who doesn’t love wandering around Target?  
  • I woke up early this morning and couldn't get books out of my head, so I made a mega Barnes and Noble list of all the books I grew up reading to my siblings and I'm so excited. I now feel I jumped the gun on this because I just saw the baby books product spotlight isn't until October 😭 
    I don't know if I can wait until October to buy all the books! What about the moms who start reading to baby in the womb? Have any of you started buying yet? 
  • Jeesh, they really buried the link to the boards on the new app update. Took me forever to find it.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni I bought so many books for my son before was born and I continue to buy them now. I thought it was overkill how many I had, but with the libraries closed right now I’m glad to have so many. Reading is his favorite thing to do! I bought most of my books on thrift books and got some great deals! 
  • @Kurtni right?! I was so annoyed!