August 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 4/6

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 4/6

• @blackgirlmagic they had a few choices. I did one with Kelsy for the 2nd tri and it was a good workout. 
    Craft Blog
  • @blackgirlmagic I found this good workout channel on YouTube the other week she's called Melinda Pedersen and if you look at her playlists she has 3 different 15min work outs per week of pregnancy. Most of them don't use any equipment, some just use resistance bands or light weights that could easily be subbed for bottles of water. I've been enjoying them recently.

@wednesdaygirl1019 Thanks, I've googled it now and it looks tasty. In the UK a casserole is the same as a stew we would probably call it a breakfast egg bake or something like that. I just couldn't get past the idea that it would be eggs stewed in brown gravy and vegetables.  :p

• Loading the player...
  • cornichonmam thanks. I will check the youtube page out. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• A former colleague of mine is doing a survey about how the covid pandemic is affecting couples. I used to do similar research in grad school so I wanted to share to help them out!
    https://usc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ldQ9QMXpQOmnMV
  • gomillis thanks for sharing!

• @gomillis I also just took your friends survey! 

• @catana15 I had my husband get a spiral ham as well. I think about cooking that thing every single day. Sunday cannot come soon enough!

• I'm in the club of desperately craving a sub sandwich, specifically from Jersey Mike's.  I'm not a huge fan when not pg, I mean they're good and I'll eat a sub now and then, but now I really want one that I can't have it!!  Ugh, and definitely heating it is out of the question!  
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited April 2020
    FFFC: didn’t give up deli meat with dd and didn’t this pregnancy either 😳🤭
    give me all the Jimmy Johns 😐
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @rivercitynik that's 100% why I'm craving sandwiches. Telling me I can't have them means I want them so much more. 
  • This is so random... but like, fellow moms with older girls.. my kiddo has just a handful of Barbie sized dolls and her biggest hold back on playing with them is a lack of clothes for them, where the heck do you buy these things? I had been kind of eyeballing in Walmarts and Targets before the lock down and even in those places you can only buy like an outfit or two at a time anymore. I remember being a kid and my mom could buy me an entire like, flat of doll clothes at a time. I know I can get some sketchy poor quality stuff on Amazon but I honestly would rather pay for quality because she does take good care of her dollies. Any suggestions? If anyone can point me in the direction of something I can order for her I'd be grateful, she's handling this isolation like a champion and hasn't gotten anything "for fun" for quite some time, and I'd really like to surprise her/light up an afternoon for her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did a session this am on the Down Dog Prenatal app. I really enjoyed it and hope to do one a few times a week.

@roo_baby How are you feeling?
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • edited April 2020
    @RedBaramid I see what you mean.  (Also, @BusinessWife, meet rabbit hole) There are a few things I see listed on Walmart and Target's websites, and like single and two-pack outfits at Mattel.  :/  I wonder if you might have better luck trying Etsy or even eBay?  I mean of course not all listings are created equal, but you might just find a gem!  I feel like I just had So. Many. Barbies and would basically swap the outfits around. :/ Or if a playset came with an outfit, the I would have a new one.  Or I got a few outfits that were handmade by grandma or my mom's friends. 🤷Not sure if you would get crafty like that, yourself tho, or maybe even get her into it eventually?
  • @maelove Yes, that is my one concern, too. But in my last BMB, there were a few latecomers who we added to the PG once we noticed they were more active in the main group. I think a lot of the standard threads like product recommendations would stay here. We would probably have weekly randoms in both places and people can choose where to put theirs based on how personal they are. But there would still be a chance for newcomers to get involved. 
  • @BusinessWife I appreciate your spiraling down the Barbie clothes rabbit hole with me.  I have made her some pieces by hand in the past for sure.  I'm not opposed to it, but it's hard to surprise someone when they see you pulling the sewing machine down and you're "borrowing" a dolly.  I remember I had HEAPS of Barbies and they did all come with a new outfit so I constantly got new stuff that way too. I just remember those big flats of doll dresses and man would one of those be handy right now. I've got a few things in my Target kart for delivery so maybe I just suck it up and order the few little things I can get that way. My kiddo is into her dolls, but not to the point where she asks for new ones often. It's a rare thing for her to ask for because if you're letting her choose a gift she's run down the Lego aisle faster than you can finish the sentence for the most part. The Barbies all have custom lego furniture at our house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @redbaramid I remember what you’re talking about but not sure where they were from. Honestly probably a toys r us back in the day. Not much help now. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • H and the kids are playing bouncy ball and it is so fun to watch. They go crazy every time he bounces it really high. 
  • @maelove and @roo_baby I would like to wait a bit longer for the private group. Life is hectic right now and I am having a hard time keeping up here and being as present for this group of ladies as I would like to be. I don't think I would do well with things even more spread out. My preference would be to wait until closer to birth or even just after birth and switch over to Facebook with a finalized and hopefully great group of ladies. :)