July 2020 Moms

J20 Weekly Check In 2/24/20

Re: J20 Weekly Check In 2/24/20

• @rachelredhead I can feel them if I'm trying and baby is being aggressively active :D I'm 21wks. DH wouldn't be able to feel most kicks though.... Being able to link what I'm feeling inside to outside movement, I think, is helpful for being able to notice the movement.
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy moly I've missed a lot, coming in late today! using my desktop instead of the app to try to catch up faster.

@pocketrose I know you've gotten a lot of responses to this but I was at the doctor this morning and without me even asking she mentioned that there are updated guidelines saying back sleep is safe until 30 weeks! That was a relief because I keep falling asleep on my side and waking up on my back....but to everyone else's point, you'll likely feel the effects (head rush, etc) before anything happens, signalling you to move. 

EDD/weeks+days: 19+1, July 19

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green! Though I'm starting to think girl. This board needs a few more girls to balance out lol

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: hot dawg. ha. 

Upcoming appointments: I had my AS today! It went really well and bb is happy and healthy in there. So great to see him/her - probably for the last time for a while! Next one will be in about a month

How are you feeling? So good right now. I'm on such a high after my AS this morning. Otherwise, I echo lots of the tired sentiments. I'm starting to wake up a lot in the night, but I usually fall right back asleep still so that's nice (and I anticipate will change as I grow)

Raves/Rants: Rave only today! AS went so well this morning, everything looked perfect, and I'm relying on US results a little heavily because we declined any genetic testing. It was so cool to watch the heart beating, hands waving around, ankles crossed (every time we've seen him/her now!). Then during my part of the appt I was really pleased to see that my weight gain went better than expected and is well within range right now, and that my blood pressure is nice and low - both of which I was worried about as a plus size mom. It's crazy not to see the scale go up much because I feel so much bigger right now, so that's blowing my mind a bit. Also, H and I are heading on a mini (mini mini) babymoon this weekend in New Hampshire and I'm getting a massage at the resort. I asked my doc if I need to say/ask anything of my masseuse and she said no you're good, and gave my a note formally approving the massage in case the place asks for it, so now I'm calling it a medically necessary massage hahahaha. Only rant would be that we're still trying to figure out this whole daycare thing in a way that won't bankrupt us and H is travelling for work this week, but between the happy AS and the current sunshine (60 and sunny in MA in Feb??!?) I'm not as stressed about it as usual.

Questions: none atm

GTKY- What's your favorite movie genre? AND, bonus question, what's the last movie you saw? I'm not all that big on movies (more of a TV gal) but I generally want my movies to be "worth it" - either cinematically awesome, a story I feel connected to, or an interesting/high quality story. and Pixar! So like Harry Potter/LOTR/Star Wars hold a special place (but not Marvel!), I caught most of Miracle this weekend (which is like a perfect movie), and a little bit of UP last night (one of H's faves). Not very interested in rom coms.
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 27th 18 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling? good but feeling it in my hips 

Raves/Rants: we are also house hunting. We went and saw one Saturday and thought we’d love it but didn’t. We are just currently cleaning ours and waiting until something else comes up. I’m getting nervous about cutting it close to the due date though! 

Questions: 

GTKY- What's your favorite movie genre? AND, bonus question, what's the last movie you saw? I love all kinds of movies. The last movie I saw was Frozen 2 with the girls. Wouldn’t have been my first pick but it was pretty good! 

• @mehugg hold on, I love Harry Potter but you're definitely wrong about the Marvel movies! Your opinion is just...wrong. 😜 Congrats on the great ultrasound! 

@rachelredhead ugh..movement, (well,.lack of) has been one of my biggest sources of stress lately. I feel like movement pretty rarely at this point (anterior placenta) but like at my anatomy scan, there was such a strong movement that it was almost painful. DH could have definitely felt that one- but it's so infrequent so he hasn't caught it yet. 👎

@hbird0723 I hope your house hunting goes well! I hate the feeling of being in limbo when you are looking for the perfect place! Its definitely not made easier when you are pregnant! 

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    So many with Frozen 2 as their last movie :D We haven't seen it, but DD has 2 books that kind of tell the story. They. Are. Terrible. So we have zero desire to take her lol... Maybe they wouldn't be as bad if we saw the movie, but just reading them is the worst!

@mehugg congrats on the positive AS results! 
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited February 2020
    @NinnyJean aww, I hope your daughter is feeling better soon! 

@blaf322 just  watch it! Lol- I went to see it without the kids while it was in theaters. I am.excited for it to be released on DVD. Or maybe it has already been released and I just need to make a trip to the store? 
  • @modoodles I'm sure we'll watch it once it makes it to Disney+.... but I just can't make myself at this point. The books are like, they were on a journey, and people trapped in the forest, and then Elsa makes an ice horse that she rides and I. just. can't. :D:D:D 
  • @modoodles I'm happy your AS went well! I'm also not a fan of those movies, DH will be laughing his head off (especially if he's with friends and they're quoting it) and I'm just sitting there like...mmmkay.....

@pocketrose I'm glad you asked about the whole back sleeping because half the time I wake up on my back and am like OMG I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS HABIT

@JessDG girl I'm in that winter funk with you. Hopefully we can both snap out of it soon. I also have the same issue with my boss never giving me feedback or recognition...it kills my morale. Like, am I doing a good job or am I just not worth the time to say anything? Sorry you're dealing with that.

@stlbuckeye132 I hope your AS goes well, and I can't wait to find out what you're having! 

@kc0711 I'm just a FTM but I also feel like I'm not connecting at all with this pregnancy even though I'm starting to feel her move. A lot of times I forget I'm pregnant and am just overall not excited like I thought I would be.

@shaqn0sis that's how it felt for me the first few times I felt her move - I bet it was the baby! Also we have our AS on the same day, FX for good news for both of us <3 I'll be thinking of ya!

@rachstar18 I hope both the AS and YS's endoscopy go well. Man, big / stressful week for your house!

@bluguitarhannah gosh, what a rough weekend, I'm sorry. Hoping for good news for you all from here on out.

@mayisch not having the same problem with nipples but in general I feel like my body has been SO DRY. I know it usually is in winter anyway, but this seems like it's on a whole other level. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water, idk. But solidarity on extreme dryness! 

@rachelredhead I had my hand on my stomach/abdomen one night when I was going to bed and I SWEAR I felt it...but I also knew when it was happening since I felt it on the inside, so I don't know if it was legit or not.

@mehugg yay for a great AS! I'm happy to hear everything is looking good both with baby and you!

@NinnyJean I'm sorry, I hope both you and your daughter feel better soon. 
  • @modoodles I have a pair that I bought from Target that seemed to fit if I folded the full panel down, but the longer the day went on.. the further down my pants fell lol. I'm going to say that the Target ones are a no go for me.
  • @NinnyJean ugh so sorry about DD. Hope the two of you feel better soon! Also I should've added musicals to my list too - I'm SO excited for the new West Side Story!!

@mayisch I'm with you. I'm not usually good at lotioning anything but hands, or my legs after shaving (and only that like 25% of the time) and I feel like I'm about to blow up my lotion budget! My only tip is I read something about using a lotion with ceramides, like CeraVe or Aveeno. I also always go unscented.
  • @eljames83 how scary! I’m so sorry you had that scare but so happy you were surrounded by great professionals to get you through it. And what a relief to know all is well. I hope that’s the last of any big scares and you can breathe easier soon. PGAL brain is a complete mindf&ck. Big hug. 
  • @mehugg I'll add one of those on my grocery list... thanks

@b_1029 take @mehugg tip " My only tip is I read something about using a lotion with ceramides, like CeraVe or Aveeno. I also always go unscented."

• EDD/weeks+days: Well, either July 12 or July 6th based on the recent AS

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Banana

Upcoming appointments: March 4

How are you feeling? Tired today but pretty decent.

Raves/Rants: Had the AS scan Friday which was wild! Also had a generally fun weekend with a small gathering Saturday evening and fancy dinner reservations Sunday.

Questions: Two today! 1. My AS said my new due date was July 6 but my one first trimester said July 12. Obviously going to talk to my OBGYN but, based on ovulation, the 12th is more accurate. How much should I push/advocate for the 12th to remain my due date? I mostly want to avoid the chance of being induced.

And #2 - I don't sleep on my back but I recently watched a prenatal yoga video where they were like "here is the adjusted shavasana for you since you cannot lay on your back" and like...I definitely do lay on my back occasionally when I sleep/futz on my phone/etc. Any idea on how much is ok?

GTKY- What's your favorite movie genre? AND, bonus question, what's the last movie you saw? 

I love a good historical fiction/biopic (loved Little Women, looking forward to seeing 1917, Milk is one of my all time faves which is up there with Argo) and anything that will make me cry (Beasts of the Southern Wild springs to mind, I sobbed through that. Also, Toy Story 3.)

The whole sleeping position “science” is very frustrating. There have not been any controlled, thorough studies on this subject. There was one recently that concluded sleeping in any position through week 30 was fine, but they did not continue the study past 30 weeks. And there is the problem. It’s not ethical to ask pregnant women to continue a study that *might* harm the baby.

Most of the studies that say women can only sleep on their left side or that sleeping on a particular side, like the back, causes A B and C to happen are based on women’s recollection AFTER an event or tragedy happens. This is not good science because it introduces recall bias from the subject. It also isn’t controlled, so any number of things may also have cause the event or tragedy. Yet, doctors and the internet continue to use these studies and scare the shit out of pregnant women. 

In reality, you are switching positions throughout the night and may not even realize it. You may wake up on your back, but you most likely weren’t sleeping that way all night. The most important thing really is...are you sleeping? Sleep is so important to you and baby, so don’t worry too much about the position. 

When you’re awake, like doing yoga, trust your body and what feels comfortable and right. 
  • @pocketrose I agree with each very one else on the sleeping positions. Generally if it is gonna have some effect it’s gonna wake you up first(short of breath/lightheaded) before it causes major issues. (thr doc I asked says we probably wouldn't have survived if laying on our back really does a lot of damage) 

but also with that being said I have physically seen the changes in baby’s heart rate (do to the decreased blood flow from to the placenta) on the monitors at work from patients who lay flat on their back. (But not all are affected from it. So it probably also has to do with peoples individual anatomy too) I’ll occasionally lounge on my back, and do quick exercises on my back but don’t stay there for long. I wake up sometimes and find myself on my back and just roll over 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 18+2 7/26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  FO two weeks to go!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: artichoke. 

Upcoming appointments: 3/10 AS

How are you feeling? Generally great! Hungry all the time and usually want a nap 3-4pm but overall good. Headaches had disappeared thank god

Raves/Rants: I tried using paint colors that I already had to paint the nursery and it didn’t turn out how I wanted. (Which I was partly expecting, but was hopeful) So now I need to buy new paint. And repaint some areas.  Yay 😅

Questions: when do you start really talking about and planning your shower? When did you have a shower with last babys(or when are you planning to have one for this baby?) 

GTKY- What's your favorite movie genre? AND, bonus question, what's the last movie you saw? I like a lot of genres. Cheesy romantic, drama, suspenseful, and tbh I love a good kids movie 😂. I’m not super picky. We don’t really watch much for movies (never go to the theater) but I think avengers was the last movie I watched(we were watching all the marvel movies in order) 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @nursejenn5 My mom and friend threw my shower for DD when I was around 32 weeks. So, if you haven't heard something from someone by, like, 25 weeks...  I'd wonder if they're going to offer.
  • MrsTiger123MrsTiger123 member
    edited February 2020
    @nursejenn5 my shower with #1, I was 34 weeks.  I know that’s kind of late but I really wanted to wait but still have time to organize the baby supplies after.  Luckily, I delivered at 41 weeks so plenty of time to sort everything.  I think it depends if you are traveling at all for the shower.  Mine was close to home but after 36 weeks, I wouldn’t have wanted to go too far. 

• @mrs_sheddy yay for YH doing all the things!

@Mamaof2beautifulgirls I hope your AS goes really well tomorrow. Keep us posted!

@coffeeandcookies84 this whole pregnancy thing is much more tiring when you have a toddler to take care of too, isn't it? haha I hope you're able to get some needed rest soon!

@rachelredhead good luck with the house! I hope it works out for you. I think it's possible YH felt the kick! MH first felt DD when I was 18 weeks. That was for sure on the early side, but it is possible!

@mehugg yay for a great AS! Enjoy your mini babymoon and massage! That sounds wonderful.

@hbird0723 good luck with house hunting! Hoping you find something soon.

@NinnyJean good luck with your AS today! Let us know how it goes!

@eljames83 that must've been really scary! I'm sorry. I'm glad everything looked good when you went in.

@Pascal86 omg an AS right after a stomach virus sounds awful. Hoping you're back to 100% next week when you have it. I'm excited to find out what you're having!

@nursejenn5 I'm glad your headaches have gone away! My family had a shower for me when I was about 28 weeks, but this was mostly a logistical thing since it was when I was already going to be in town. I think that's a bit earlier than most. My husband's family had a shower for me around 32 weeks I think. Again, that might be a little early (not sure), because it involved an 8 hour drive for me to get there for it, so obviously I couldn't have done that at like 36 weeks or something.
  • EDD/weeks+days: July 14/20 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out in 1 week

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: banana

Upcoming appointments: AS on 3/3, OB on 3/4

How are you feeling? Pretty good, just still having this very low back pain/sciatic pain with certain movements. I thought that moving around would be helpful since at work I'm sitting most of the day, but I went for a long walk on Sunday and it def did not help. Hoping things are just shifting and stretching and that maybe it will pass, maybe...

Raves/Rants: my boss made a peanut butter and jelly CAKE for my coworker's bday and I'm currently eating my first slice in my office with the door closed and I know I'll be having a second before the day is over... it's amazing.

Questions: 

GTKY- What's your favorite movie genre? AND, bonus question, what's the last movie you saw? Hmm I usually go for a true crime documentary because I'm dark like that lol. I can't remember the last movie movie I saw was... I know several months ago I saw Hustlers in the theatre with friends  :D:smile:

@n@nursejenn5 I had a shower in early/mid January and I was due early March, so around 30/32ish weeks. 

@k@kc0711 I don't remember "connecting" with my first baby during pregnancy at all. I also remember feeling like that was weird, but luckily had two friends who were pregnant at the same time and they described feeling something similar, so I def don't think it's uncommon. And then after she was born, I didn't experience any "love at first sight" feelings, I just remember the overwhelming feeling of "holy shit, I gave birth to this human and now it's on me to keep her alive." The overwhelming feeling of responsibility doesn't go away but the love and connection definitely does grow over time!

• @meanjellybean when sitting at your desk are you able to prop up your feet? I find that when I do sit down at work this does help take some pressure off my lower back. But I do still end up using a heating pad every night before going to sleep haha.
  • @meanjellybean I am so conflicted on what to feel about a pb&j cake. I love pb&j, I love cake, but I don't think I love the idea of combining the two...
  • @meanjellybean were you addicted to the first Making a Murderer? 

• @blaf322 lolllllll yes haha those are so good. That series was so intriguing but also I just ended up hating EVERYONE by the end lol.

@stlbuckeye132 let me paint a better picture... yellow cake with peanut butter buttercream frosting and strawberry jelly inside (like a sandwich). Still no???

@nursejenn5 that's a good thought I haven't tried that - I'm sure I can drag some box under my desk to prop my feet up. Thanks!
  • @meanjellybean idk dude... I'm still hesitant. I'd try it if it was there, but I'd be skeptical.
  • @meanjellybean @blaf322 count me in on true crime. My Favorite Murder & Serial podcasts, Making a Murderer, Mindhunter, etc. on Netflix a d that one about the cult in Oregon. Call it morbid but I find it fascinating!
  • @stlbuckeye132 @Pascal86 @rachelredhead Thank you for your kind comments!! :smile:
  • @kittenslove I'm so sorry for your loss :(
  • @kittenslove I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • @kittenslove oh my gosh I'm so so sorry. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: due July 20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out March 14, feels like forever.

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: banana?

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan is March 14. 

How are you feeling? I generally feel good. Still have some bloating that occurs that feels absolutely awful when it happens. 

Raves/Rants: Someone asked if I was "sure" that I'm 19 weeks because my baby bump is pretty big. No, I just made up the number for the fun of it?

Questions: I have the worst rhinitis. I'm using a humidifier at night to help and saline spray when it gets really bad, but it's impacting my sleep. My nose gets so stuffy, dry, and bleeds. Any suggestions beyond what I'm already doing?

GTKY- What's your favorite movie genre? AND, bonus question, what's the last movie you saw? I like all movies except action adventures. The last movie I saw was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Started long but ended on a high note. 

footdrbritt I had a breakdown the other day when my husband mentioned I have another 5 months before baby arrives. REALLY?! It feels like I've been pregnant forever at this point. N
  • @kittenslove I am so sorry for your loss...praying for peace for you and your family during this difficult time.
  • @kittenslove I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • JessDGJessDG member
    edited February 2020
    @kittenslove . I'm so so sorry for your loss.  Thinking of you and your family.  
  • @kittenslove I am so sorry for your loss! 
  • @kittenslove I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you’re comforted by lovely memories as you grieve. ❤️