July 2020 Moms

J20 Weekly Check In 2/17/20

Re: J20 Weekly Check In 2/17/20

• Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 for what it’s worth, one of the girls in another bump group had her baby at 34 or 35 weeks due to pre-e, and the baby was completely healthy and didn’t need nicu time at all!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • k_shauntek_shaunte member
    edited February 2020
    I just wanted to say all you mamas are in my heart and my prayers. There's a lot of news here and though the information sounds scary, I believe you all have very promising healthy futures ahead. I can't wait to see them healthy babies!

EDD/weeks+days: 7/3 - 20 wks 4 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: banana 

Upcoming appointments: nothing until March.

How are you feeling? Okay. Belly feels heavy now. 

Raves/Rants: Rave - my last hurrah is a girl! I thought my husband would have been the one with gender disappointment if it was a girl.  Come to find out, I had the disappointment. It was brief but I had to laugh at myself. So we now have Boy (11) Girl (9) Boy(2) and Girl (due 7/3)

Questions: has anyone else been dealing with arms and legs randomly getting numb?

GTKY- Would you rather never play or always lose?
    I would rather play. I enjoy challenges even if all I do is lose. Ask my husband. He kicks my butt in some video game but I still come trying to kick butt! LOL 

• @treeofcheem I think I have furniture covered, since I bought neutral colors the first time so maybe I'll just buy some decor, but I have zero clothes maybe just a few onesies from DS but that's it... I loved your idea of putting some money aside, I think I'll do that and then wait for the showers and see what I still need. Also, you remind me that I actually bought a new baby carrier already which I have totally forgotten... I don't know why but I suddenly freaked out knowing that I having bought anything... I mean I still have 4 months left :sweat_smile:
  • @mehugg thanks so much for the perspective! I'm hoping to stay off meds because the lack of sleep it causes gives me more anxiety... like, I constantly stress over how I'll sleep that night. BUT, I think this is a big exception so I'm definitely getting back on it before the baby comes. I just don't see myself coping super well with a preemie.
  • @nursejenn5 with my first baby I felt like it was 20-22 weeks when I was positive that it was baby moving. Then earlier each time with the other 3. And now with this one I'm almost 19 weeks and nothing. 👎 I dont remember doing anything specific that made me notice it more.
  • @nursejenn5 I didn't feel anything with my first until almost 19 weeks.  I felt it much earlier this time and realize that I probably felt him last time but had no clue that was the baby.  

No specific positions really made him move more, but I do feel it most at this point when I'm sitting still.  The movements are so faint at first that you probably wouldn't notice anything if you are moving around a lot. 
  • @nursejenn5 I can’t remember when I started feeling moving with DS1 but this pregnancy I’ve started feeling small movements around 17w. Even now at 20 weeks I really only feel babe move when I’m sitting (almost leaning forward a bit), and last night I just started seeing movement from the outside. 
  • @nursejenn5 I recognized kicks at 20w with my first.... and only b/c I could associate the feeling with the US pic I was seeing... then I continued to feel them.
    Ice cold water and sugary drinks tend to get them moving.They always give you ice water when you go in because you haven't felt movement for too long, later on in pregnancy....  and then your baby always makes a liar out of you and goes crazy while you're being monitored :D 

All that said, you're still pretty early on to be feeling anything for a FTM. And I know being on the later end for EDD makes it feel even worse (I was due on the 17th of the month with DD so I know the feeling) because it seems like everyone else has been feeling kicks FOREVER by the time you do!
  • Also, @nursejenn5, regarding your H going back to his old ways... if you have too much going on then, just let those things around the house go. He sounds like my H where, if it's needed, he'll absolutely do it... but if anyone is there to do it for him, he'll let them.... so let those things go longer than you usually would so he gets the hint and starts doing more.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2020
    @nursejenn5 this is my first baby and I’m like 98% sure I started feeling her move later in the week last week (just “turned”- idk the right terminology haha- 18 weeks on Friday). I don’t feel her a ton yet but when I do it’s always when I’m lying down to go to bed at night. sometimes after lunch at work if I’m sitting hunched over in my chair haha. It just feels like twitches so it’s nothing big. If I weren’t also dying to feel movement and super paying attention I probably wouldn’t have noticed. 
  • @blaf322 yes exactly. And my coworker keeps telling me that she felt her first baby at 18. Well good for you Karen(not her name) stop telling me that. I do take a few minutes every night and morning in bed to think about it and feel. (and yes. were big on ice water and cranberry juice in triage for decreased fetal movement patients. an old nurse says "cranberry juice fixes everything" haha  :D )
    Just excited for the next milestone I guess ;)
  • @nursejenn5 I don't blame you! It's definitely the fun part of pregnancy! Hoping you feel some movement soon. And STFU, Karen :D (just kidding)
  • @blaf322 I'm wondering if there's another antidepressant (not SSRI) they could let you take?  I've had the experience with SSRIs you are describing but not other classes.  I just haven't googled them to see if pregnancy safe. 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @bluguitarhannah It's a common side effect for all SSRIs. It's a temporary side effect for most people (meaning, it'll go away within a month, max)... but no such luck for me. Prozac tends to have a higher occurrence of it, but I've had the same side effect with other SSRIs in the past, so I stuck with Prozac b/c it's just a better SSRI for me.

ETA- my plan, for now, is to go on it around 30 or so weeks and then come off of it once all the NICU/NB at home stress settles. So, it'll be good to feel like there's a light at the end of the sleepless tunnel lol
  • @nursejenn5 my first I felt around 18 weeks. The next 2 were 16/17 weeks. I’m 17 now and nothing yet. I’m hopeful that maybe baby 4 will actually not be a maniac like the other 3.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    edited February 2020
    I feel like I missed 2 weeks worth of posts! I'm not even going to attempt to reply to everyone, but some of you are really good at that (I aspire to become that level of a bump-ee). 

EDD/weeks+days: 17 w 2d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: pomegranate? 

Upcoming appointments: OB appt next week, I assume we'll schedule an AS after that 

How are you feeling? Tired. I've come to the conclusion I will probably just be tired for the rest of my life. I had pink eye over the weekend, so that was fun. My SI joint issues persist, I go back to the pelvic floor physio on Monday which just seems so far away. 

Raves/Rants: It was a snow day today and I forgot my phone at home. Definitely feeling lost without it. Really happy we had a long weekend though, bonus time to recover from the pink eye hah. 

Questions: Anyone ever have issues with their SI joint? 

This is a tough one because I'm not competitive at all so I don't care if I lose, but I also don't really care if I play lol. If there's ever an odd number of people or someone has to sit out I always volunteer plus I'm the least athletic. 
  • @modoodles No, my AS isn't until March 2. I scheduled it as early as they'd let me, but I'm not due till the 27th so we're on the late end of everything. It's so exciting that we've made it to AS territory, though! Our US tech mentioned the placenta almost in passing at the NT scan, and I'm really glad she did. I had one with DD2 also, so probably would have assumed it this time with so little movement, but it would be hard not knowing. I don't think I consistently felt DD2 until around 20 weeks, so that's what I'm expecting this time - but still hoping to feel things sooner.

This pregnancy mostly hasn't felt real, but it's finally starting to off and on. I mean, there have been plenty of symptoms, but that's more like being sick for a long time than anything else! Can't believe we're at (or near) the halfway point!
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7/2, 20w+5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green all the way!

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: belgian endive

Upcoming appointments: Just had an OB appt this morning. Next appt in a month.

How are you feeling? Overall good, just hate that I'm losing sleep due to hip pain. And definitely having the heartburn that lots of you have mentioned, especially if I eat spicy food. And also having upper back tightness/pain...I think probably due to the new belly I'm carrying around and/or the sleep issues I'm having. The OB recommended seeing a chiropractor...I read everyone's thoughts on that...I've never done it, so I'm a little apprehensive but willing to try it too see if it works.

Raves/Rants: I am feeling the baby now...started being able to feel him/her last Thursday. Very cool! I can't wait until it's enough where MH can also feel it.

Questions: None.

GTKY- Would you rather never play or always lose? Never play...I'm extremely competitive, so always losing would be my worst nightmare, lol.

• @blaf322 so sorry to hear about the news during your AS. I don't have any words of wisdom, but just know that I'm sending good vibes and hugs your way! 
  • @shaqn0sis I liken the earliest movements to that feeling you get when you drop on a rollercoaster. Or like if you were to imagine how it feels when you have a goldfish in a plastic bag. IDK, I’ve been lucky with both of my pregnancies to feel quite early and I always struggle to describe how it actually feels. I felt “tickled” very early on. Super bizarre lol.
  • @meanjellybean I get the palpitations as well, pretty frequently. I’ve been told it is the increase in blood volume. One of those things that extra water may help. But still always ask your OB!  (Water is the cure all apparently 😂)

@knockupthestock I’ve never heard that spicy food is bad! (Buffalo is one of my favorite flavors 😂 there’s a super good buffalo chicken dip on Pinterest. So good on crackers, tortilla chips, or bread 🤤) 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @knockupthestock spicy food is fine.
    I think your pregnant BFF should/will be most likely to want to host something for you and I'd give her the chance before doing anything. I was pregnant with DD and due 3 (I think) weeks after my bestie and still hosted her shower so I know it's doable. If you don't hear anything after a while, I'd probably just straight up ask your mom (b/c it's your mom... I wouldn't ask anyone else like that) if she's planning to do anything before hosting one yourself. 
    All that said, give them some time. My bestie JUST said something to me about hosting a sprinkle yesterday and that's only b/c of my situation of needing to deliver early. Otherwise, she prob would have waited a month or two before bringing it up (I'm 20+3, for reference of timing of someone offering). My mom also didn't say anything until yesterday for the same reason. And my mom is on top of everything. So if it's early for my mom to offer, it's definitely early for your friend lol

• @knockupthestock thank you for your reply. The doctor wasn’t worried because she thought it was due to nausea and dehydration. (I have been so sick this pregnancy!)  I go for another doctor’s appointment next week and I will have a ton of questions for her and if they find protien in my urine again I will ask for that test. They said it was only slightly elevated. So I have just been monitoring blood pressure and drinking lots of water. 
  • lizzybean84lizzybean84 member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/7 - 20w and 1 day!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue! 

Baby is the size of a(n)/fun fact: Bananananana/tall as a Venti Starbucks cup

Upcoming appointments: I have my first colposcopy since getting pregnant coming up next week. I had adenocarcinoma of the cervix 5 years ago and had a LEEP, so just go every 6 months now. I'm glad it won't be as invasive as it usually is, phew! Early March is midwife and another ultrasound.

How are you feeling? I didn't gag for the first time in months this morning after taking Pepcid last night. Haven't been sleeping super well lately, but feeling the baby kick a ton and that's exciting!

Raves/Rants: I've been told I'm high risk for early-onset preeclampsia due to high resistance uterine blood flow. I've had two long talks with my midwife about this because the internet makes you think it's a death sentence, but I'm feeling a little better now. Just hoping it doesn't develop, and if it does, that bubs will be old enough to be ok on the outside. 

Questions: Does anyone else get heart palpitations? This past week I've had them off and on.

I'd rather always lose, because playing is fun. Except in the game of love. I wouldn't want to always lose at that. 
  • @lizzybean84 someone just posted about heart palpitations in either this thread or symptoms. So, yes. Someone else is... just not sure who. 
  • @lizzybean84 Me! with the heart palpitations. all the time.. Change in blood volume is the major cause from what i've heard. My doc just said to REALLY push fluids) Also don't listen to online people about pre-eclampsia. While yes it is scary, and that you can get really sick, really fast. As long as they're monitoring you, and you're not feeling funny then try not to stress out about it too much!
  • @blaf322 @nursejenn5
    Thank god it isn't just me, I feel so relieved about the palpitations. Does drinking lots of water help you? Do you get them throughout the day? 

No kidding, the internet is basically telling you you're going to die all the time. I'm doing the low dose aspirin and Omega 3 supplements and hoping that helps at least a little bit. It'll feel like a miracle getting to full term if I do, and it's so hard not to worry. On that note, how do you deal with stress while pregnant? Any tips?
  • @lizzybean84 i already drink at least 80oz of water a day (on top of other things like coffee or juice that i many have) But for me my doc said to try drinking even more (unsure if its possible haha) to help with my headaches. i feel like when I'm on top of my water intake I have the palpitations(and headaches) less? But never really kept too close of track. but should. 
    I exercise to help with stress. but for you, you should talk to your provider about this before because sometimes with the pre-eclampsia they don't want you to work out much, but that may be more so if you're closer on the verge of having it? Studies also show that regular exercise routines(150 minutes of moderate a week, which isn't anything too crazy, a brisk walk) can help lessen the chance of developing Pre-e. So talk to them about it!

But maybe some yoga, or a warm bath(i like to use lavender epsom salts as well) with a book, or netflix, depending on who you are haha, some nice tea in a quiet space, or taking a small walk could help with stress as well.
  • @lizzybean84 I'm also getting heart palpitations some.  Certain levels of exertion or lack of water seem to correlate.  Agree with others not a concern so long as doctor is aware and they aren't happening with other issues.
  • @kristinl492 ok, that is helpful! Since you've mentioned it..I have felt the 'dropping rollercoaster' feeling! 
  • @lizzybean it wasn't me who posted about it, but I have them as well so you're not alone! however, I've had them prior to becoming pregnant.