Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 1/27

2»

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 1/27

• @mvt2003 Wow IVF cycle is finally here! 

@feather_heather I think I am going to try acupuncture. Do you know how long before you see results? And I am sorry your lining is not behaving! That is super frustrating between the variance and the driving.

@kpearse99 Yay for a good BD session and a better outlook on this cycle. I hear you about being over feeling bloated all the time. FX crossed for you! 

@kiki047 I think one of the hardest things about being in IF no-mans-land is that you are watching the clock constantly for one thing or another. I am not sure if vacation or busyness helps, but I remember listening to a podcast before about ways to keep yourself busy during a TWW (even though I know it would have to be 2 months for you), I wonder if I can find the link for you! 

@nitnat007 Friday is almost here! 

@inthewoods23 hahah your comment on YH sleeves! Way to go with the diet, every small change makes a difference! 

@emeraldduchess Hope you don’t need more testing, but I think the endo biopsy is at least worth a shot. I can’t think of any other tests now if they have already done the standard thyroid, prolactin, AMH, SA, A1C. 

@tryingtogku Happy to hear the appointment went well! 

@bluetickgal FX for you this cycle!

@abarr723 Hope the appointment goes well! 

Diagnosis (if you've been): Everything has been treated, so back to unexplained? 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO - CD1 blah.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I guess another IUI, will know more on CD3. RE says she doesn’t want to change protocol until 3 failed IUIs. 

How are things going?: Frustrating, sad, not hopeful. Makes it worse that work is a sh*t show right now too. 

Any questions?: When I had my HSG done 3 years ago, they had a lot of trouble getting the dye to go through my left tube. It was extremely painful, but they eventually got it to go through to so they marked it as normal in the report. But now I look at our 3 failed medicated cycles and 2 failed IUIs and they have all been on my left side. TW*

the only successful IUI I ovulated on my right side

*TW

So question I guess is, is there any other test that would show if my left tube is damaged from the endometritis? Or is there any way to get my right side to step up its game. Based on monitoring I have done, I think I only ovulate on that side 1 or 2 times a year, although it has plenty of follies in it, they just don’t become the lead, it is also the ovary that my RE has said has the "pearl" effect with the follies. Any suggestions? Acupuncture? Standing on my head? 

GTKY: What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to? Right now, the mystery of getting knocked up, not just for me, but for so many that never have answers. 

bluetickgalkiki047emmasemmholly321
  • So I have come to report back...

the RE said she’s not completely convinced I have PCOS, because of the number of Follicles, 21, she would say more boarderline. So I guess that’s my official diagnosis. My HSG showed that I may have 2 polyps. I will go for a SonoHystogram at the beginning of my next cycle to verify. And if I do, then i will have a hysteroscopy to remove them. In the mean time i will start medication as well with my next cycle to start juicing up my follies. Femara, because she said it would work best for my condition, with monitoring, and then a trigger shot and IUI. we will do 3 rounds of that, and if they are not effective, we move on to IVF. Today was a lot to take in, hopefully the sonohyst doesn’t show polyps. *fingers crossed* now i have to call the fertility pharmacy and get all my meds squared away. Ugh 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

kpearse99kiki047jennifer_louiseramzlau
  • Loading the player...
  • @abarr723 I hope the sono shows nothing is there!! 

Question for my fellow progesterone users.... has anyone experienced hot flashes, particularly during the night, while taking the progesterone?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

abarr723
  • @ramzlau so sorry for CD1 (well 2 now)!! 😕 I hope this next IUI is it for you though!! Sorry, I don’t have any insight on additional testing...wouldn’t hurt to ask your RE though! 
    @abarr723 I’m glad you got a diagnosis even if it isn’t 100% clear. I hope the SHG shows no polyps and you can move forward with treatment! 
    @kpearse99 I answered in TWW...definitely makes sense that it could, but I haven’t really noticed it. 
    kpearse99ramzlauabarr723
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited January 2020
    @bluetickgal yes it was a little difficult to keep to the diet, as evidenced by my aching stomach for 2 days. I bet I'll feel great if I can keep to it for a whole week.

@ramzlau since your HSG was 3 years ago, can you request to have it repeated? I feel that would be something to check once a year.

@abarr723 hope the saline sono is more conclusive for you!

@kpearse99 I don't think I ever had hot flashes, but I'm pretty sure you can get every lovely symptom under the sun on progesterone. Because progesterone is cruel like that lol.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
    kpearse99bluetickgalramzlauabarr723
  • @mvt2003 I’ve never had a doctor or nurse ask if I wanted to insert the wand myself! That’s weird, I agree!! No thanks!! And yes, I’m on crinone gel that you insert into your who-ha, just like you would a tampon. 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

mvt2003brookert615
  • edited January 2020
    @mvt2003 they always hand me the wand to insert on my own. It's never phrased as "do you want to do this" it's "here you go, guide it in and I'll take over from there". Maybe some practices it's their standard procedure? 
    @kpearse99 I had a few hot flashes when I first started progesterone but that doesn't happen anymore. 
    bows22kpearse99mvt2003ruby696
  • @mvt2003 Never been asked to do it myself, usually they just say, okay a little pressure here or something like that. Seems weird to be asked, but guess every office is different. 

@kpearse99 Not hot flashes, but I do get night sweats. They are all related to hormones so I guess it could be just about anything unpleasant. 
    mvt2003
  • @ramzlau - I'm not sure how long it takes to see results from the acupuncture. I figured I'd give it a good month or two to see! I'm having issues with my lining, so I'm going to have her work on that this week to see if it starts to help

@mvt2003 - haha love that you have termed it wanda! MH didn't realize all of my ultrasounds I speak about were with wanda until like a month ago. Whenever I have a new ultrasound tech they ask me that question - but once they know you, they'll automatically do (whatever you prefer)!

mvt2003kpearse99ramzlau
  • @mvt2003 and @emeraldduchess I wonder why it would be standard practice though at some places for the patient to insert the wand themselves.... I mean, when you go to the OB for your yearly check-up they don't ask you to insert the speculum yourself, just seems weird to me haha

@mvt2003 I'm glad you survived, I'm sorry about the headache and random tears already! Why did YH get irritated? Because of your headache?
    Our TTC Journey

• @mvt2003 that's so sweet that he as concerned though! DH had the same kind of response when I shouted at him between hysterical crying about our embryo PGT results. He didn't get to finish using the bathroom because he was so panicked that something was wrong 😂

I've also once or twice forgotten to wipe the tops of the medication bottles. Oh well, they should fairly clean from last time right?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
    mvt2003feather_heatherbluetickgal
  • hahahahaha ohhh @mvt2003 You're so damn cute!!! Hopefully you won't have many more side effects :-\
    Our TTC Journey

mvt2003bluetickgal
  • @inthewoods23 Hahahahahah that's absolutely something that would happen to me and MH! Also, we justified it by saying that it was a fresh Gonal-F pen, and MH washed his hands, so everything should be fine. :D 

@kpearse99 Thanks, I hope so! I've already had about 60 ounces of water today, hoping that helps! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

kpearse99
  • @mvt2003 I had headaches from the 2 days of gonal f last cycle too! It is crazy how bodies respond to the hormones. And sorry for the tears, but your story made me laugh because it sounds like me and MH. Love that you use Alexa to send announcements upstairs, we should do that more often instead of yelling. 

@feather_heather Thanks! Do you know what the different certifications mean? Or any thing that you recommend I look for in an acupuncturist? 

AFM: CD3 monitoring this morning, and I have a cyst. Blah. Going in BC for 2 weeks hoping it shrinks. So hitting the reset button on this cycle. And the hits just keep coming. Ironically it is on my right ovary. 
    mvt2003
  • @ramzlau The announcements feature has been a game changer for us. We have Alexas in every room anyway, might as well use them! :D So sorry about the cyst!!!!! Shrink, cyst, shrink!!!!!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

ramzlau
  • @ramzlau - I have no idea! I just googled places near me, picked the one that had the best reviews and went there lol
  • @mvt2003 at one office I went to they asked me to guide it in. But ever since then, no one has ever asked me. Usually just, “a little pressure”. And sometimes I get a little spotting post u/s. 

Thank you all for your support, hopefully the SHG is good!
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

kpearse99emeraldduchess
  • @ramzlau I had cycsts on my CD3 monitoring as well two months ago and they went away on their own. FX yours shrinks and goes away!! 

@feather_heather I am looking into acupuncture but my insurance doesn't cover it for anything other than pain relief. How does fertility acupuncture work?
  • @shoogapoff I am so, so sorry friend.

I can't imagine how it must feel to go through such a difficult loss and get news like that from your RE all in one week. It sounds like he is willing to make a strong case to insurance for you, so I am very glad you have a good doc on your side. 💙 The one year ttc mark is brutal, too. All the hugs.  
    shoogapofframzlau
  • @ramzlau I’m so sorry they found a cyst and you had to go on BC! I hope it goes away quickly on its own and you can move forward to the next IUI! 
    @shoogapoff oh friend, I’m so sorry for everything you have been dealing with!! Sending all the hugs your way!! 💜💜💜 I’m glad you were able to switch doctors and it sounds like he is already taken an invested interest!! Everything crossed that he will be able to convince your insurance to cover IVF! 
    shoogapofframzlau