July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms - 1/20

Re: Weekly Randoms - 1/20

• @treeofcheem Celery or carrots, spinach salad with cheese and kalmata olives, almonds, wheat thins, apple or pear, cheese or cheese whisps (baked cheese in a bag), protein bar w/ less than 3 grams sugar & over 10 g protein 
    Those have been the options for a few weeks.  I'm pretty sure I'm going back to premier protein drinks high protein low sugar  b/c I'm struggling to eat most protein bars. 
    For my actual lunch, I freeze two or three of anything we cook so right now I have lasagna, beef stew, chicken and rice and taco salad leftovers in the freezer.
  • Y'all try Premier Protein Shakes for snacks! That was my go to snack when I was pregnant last time. I LOVE the chocolate... like, it was my breakfast every morning for the past 5 or so years until I got KU this time b/c, for whatever reason, they make me nauseous this time (whomp whomp).
    Chocolate is, hands down, the best. My dad likes strawberry too. The rest of the flavors are garbage... trust me.
  • Loading the player...
  • kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited January 2020
    @mehugg I’m really just stuck on the crunchy chicken thing 🤢. This is why I can’t touch the stuff while pregnant! 

@blaf322 do they have that “proteiny” taste that most shakes do? I can never seem to add protein powder to anything because I can’t take that taste. 

Anyone else having issues with this app today? It will not let me open up threads, so I’m on the mobile site. 
  • @kristinl492 NO! They taste like chocolate milk. 
    Here's what they look like... I get mine from Costco, but they also have them in smaller packs at our grocery store https://www.cvs.com/shop/premier-protein-high-protein-shake-4ct-prodid-1010628
  • @beckylookatherbump
    I know!  I read that somewhere, and was like well, I'll just get the generic.  Both of the drug stores I went to last week had ALL of it pulled from their shelf.  Boooo
  • Jumping in late here. Another premade protein shake option is Orgain chocolate fudge. I get them at BJs. I think they're a little less protein/a little more carbs than premiere protein, but I like the taste better. To me the premiere protein shakes are way too sweet and have that fake sugar taste. My go to snacks when I'm being good are: string cheese w/ piece of fruit; trail mix; protein shake; protein bar (struggling to find a good one that isn't too sweet); turkey jerky with piece of fruit; cheese and cauliflower crackers. Basically trying to stay low on carbs for snacks and pair carbs/protein in preparation for when I get diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It's meal prepping/planning and execution that I need to improve on. I had a whole menu planned this week and last night I was starving and too tired to cook so I ordered pizza. Ooops.

My random is: I was going to tell work today that I'm knocked up and I chickened out. We had our staff meeting so I was just gonna say it at the end, but then I got into my head and started questioning if it was bad etiquette to not tell the head of our office and/or HR first before telling everyone else. I don't think she would actually care, but I started doubting myself and before I knew it the meeting was over and everyone was leaving. Meanwhile there is NO hiding my belly anymore, so everyone must think I've gained a ton of weight. Ughhhh. 
  • @JessDG oh weird since only Glasgow had the recall and it was from a contaminate in the making process nothing with the actual drug was harmful. Have you tried any of the other H2 antagonist like famotidine? 
  • @zande2016 did you try the chocolate premier protein? I felt the same as you about all the other flavors except the regular chocolate. I mean, I guess it doesn't matter when it's all said and done. Just curious :smile:

• I walked out of my boss's office after a meeting to be hit in the face with the smell of an effing oil diffuser that my coworker had running the full 2 hours I was in there. The smell is making me want to vom.
    I told her she had to turn it off and she does... but then she said, "it's called Joy. Do you feel more joyful?" I wanted to throat punch her right then and there. 

So, we don't have a WTF Wednesday thread... but that's mine. 
  • @blaf322 bet you would’ve felt all the Joy after punching her 😂
  • @kristinl492 yes to the app issues. The only way I’ve gotten an actual thread to load is to click the refresh button like 6 times. Annoying!! Not sure what happened since there wasn’t a recent update or anything. 
  • @beckylookatherbump
    I haven't tried that.  I'll have to try that next!
  • @treeofcheem we're finding out at the anatomy scan too - but did do NIPT, and as soon as I got the results I was soooo annoyed we decided not to include sex results in it. I've been convinced every single time it's going to be a boy, and so far it never has been. But this time my husband said he hates when I talk about how much I think it's going to be a boy when it's not (which is fair... he has been completely silent about wanting a boy but I know he does at least a little bit). So now I just have to keep all these thoughts to myself and wait like 7 weeks. Which sounds super petty when I type it all out, but still...
  • @Pascal86 I feel like it's a boy this time, although with our girls I didn't have a feeling one way or another. But MH thinks he conditioned me to think so because he joked about "If it's a boy..." when we realized we had great timing for an accidental pregnancy. So I can't really talk about it or he shuts me down. He's also got a theory that due to a previous job he can't make boys, but I know he wants one, so I think that's part of it.

I want to find out if I'm right, but I know he's not going to give me credit even if I am. Which is mildly frustrating, in a petty way, lol
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @mehugg one pair of my maternity jeans does the same thing.  I've found several really long tops.  I started with a flat but wide but and so far I'm not getting rounding there.  Hopefully, as the bump increases they'll stay up better.  Does the Target brand have belt loops?
  • @mehugg I grabbed a pair of those early on and really liked them, except that my ass was basically completely out if I bent over or sat down. So I returned them. I've had better luck with ON rockstar maternity jeans. 
  • @mehugg I had the same problem with those type of jeans, but I like them so much better than the full belly panel ones. Maybe I just need to do some more squats to help keep them up 😂
  • You guys, I have gotten exactly one email today. I am slowly losing my mind.

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    no point in this, other than to whine a little to someone lol...

I'm feeling really down today. I mentioned before that I'm planning the yearly get together for my other mom board and can't go b/c I'll have a 1ish month old. I'm taking deposit payments from everyone, people are getting excited, and someone revived the picture thread from last year and I'm just feeling super bummed about it :(

that is all... back to your usual business :smile:

ETA: I've recently learned/realized that quality time is my love language so, the more I think about it... I think that's why it's hitting me so hard. Missing out on time with people I love.
  • @blaf322 I'm still so impressed you are planning something you cannot attend.  I would also be bummed.
  • @bluguitarhannah If I didn't plan it, no one would but then everyone would be bummed about it so I felt like I really needed to do it. But, thank you.
  • @blaf322 that would be really hard for me to do too. I give you all the props for still taking on the planning/organizing/executing of the trip! You are obviously a really good friend and selfless. Is there anyone else you could ask to help with some of that stuff?
  • @blaf322 that's really good of you to do despite not being able to go! Would it be possible to plan a time to FaceTime in maybe?
  • @stlbuckeye132 the planning of it all doesn't bother me, really. I'd probably be sad about it even if I wasn't handling this stuff.
    I think I'm just sad about missing the trip. I know I'll be missing a lot of fun times. I'm just complaining to you guys b/c I don't want to seem like a debbie downer over their fun time but it's tiring to pretend to be super upbeat about it all the time.... if that makes any sense :D 
  • @mehugg haha.. .there's a 100% chance I'll be FaceTimed at some point! Probably multiple times :D One of the girls makes huge Tupperware bins of sangria that everyone drinks off of throughout the weekend... I should probably make some of that at home so I can feel like I'm there at least a little lol

• That makes total sense! Quality time is my love language too, so I get being bummed not to be able to spend time with them especially since it happens so infrequently.
  • Another random... I just booked my photog and got a maternity through 1yr package. 
    1- I'm already stressing about having to dress everyone for a photo shoot. I'm the WORST at it and super hate doing it.
    2- FFTC that I CANNOT ever tell DH or he would probably murder me.... I'm totally doing all of these because that's what we did with DD and I'll feel like a shitty parent if I don't get the same kind of photo sessions for this kid. I mean, I like having the photos. But it'll end up costing us $1500... which is a lot to spend just so this kid doesn't look back and go, "what?! Why did you want professional 6mo pics of my sister and not me?!" :D 
  • @blaf322 Aww, that's sweet and jacked all at the time same time.
    My Mom did a big baby book and a whole collection of crap for my brother who is older.  I got nada one birth announcement kept and a handful of pictures. I do still tease her about being an after thought.  Of course, at that time there were not all these grander options happening.

I have started this baby's scrapbook so I'm not a total hypocrite later on. 
  • @bluguitarhannah haha... your mom would probably give you the hardest time if you didn't! I couldn't even keep up with this milestone monthly book thing that I got for free for DD so neither of these kiddos are going to have a nice scrapbook. Whoops! They'll each have their gazillion dollar photos though :D 
  • @blaf322 as the youngest of four with zero professional photos of JUST me as a child, I fully support you! :lol:
  • @blaf322 omg $1500?!?!? dang.....your baby sure will feel loved!! haha. it makes me even more glad that my husband is a photographer and can do those for us. if yall lived closer, i'd have him do yours too for much cheaper!! haha
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @mehugg FWIW I seem to have that issue with many maternity jeans. Regular jeans too, unless they’re high-waisted.

@blaf322 Yes to sangria always 😄
    I totally get the feeling of needing to do the same for subsequent kids. I had a mini meltdown at DD2’s first birthday party because although DD1’s first bday was far from extravagant, I felt so much like we were phoning it in for DD2. We did book 1 YO/family photos soon afterwards and although they aren’t my total favorite, at least we got some done.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @knockupthestock it’s $1500 for 4 shoots with 40-50 photos and printing rights each. With one of them being a posed studio NB shoot, it’s not a bad price, to me. We paid more than that for DD’s 
  • @blaf322 that’s not too bad with everything that’s included. My problem with every photo shoot we’ve ever done is that the photos just sit in their digital format and rarely get hung up/framed. It’s something I really need to fix. 
  • One of our awesome special education classes does "Tater Time" on Fridays.  Teachers can buy a baked potato and they have a potato bar, dessert, fruit and a drink.  I seriously look forward to Fridays so much because the food is so good and I love visiting with that class.  I am super hungry today so even thought lunch is like 3 hours away, I am drooling over my future potato.