July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms week of 1/13

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms week of 1/13

• Options
    @zande2016 bahaha... omg! I can't believe she said that!! What an idiot lol
  • Options
    @pocketrose hahaha I had a split-second where I considered doing that, but I actually like this person and honestly, I was kind of in shock that she (or anyone) would ask! I agree @blaf322 I kind of want to start wearing maternity shirts for that reason lol. I feel like once you go full maternity pants AND the shirts with the ruching on the side, you look legit pregnant even if the bump is still not that big yet. OMG @zande2016 how did you react to that nail tech? That's a major WTF.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blaf322 I'm with you. I don't think any coworkers really suspect anything yet because I have a good rotation of bulky sweaters and flowy blouses, but I'm sure some of my PB clients are getting suspicious. Looking forward to an actual bump and not just a thicker midsection.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean I think I just laughed it off even though inside I was like WTF??? 
  • Options
    @meanjellybean isn’t there an unspoken, but unfollowed, rule that you only ask people if they’re pregnant when you REALLY know 😂. 
    By the end of my 12+ hour work days I am always SO bloated that I feel people just trying to stare at my belly. 
  • Options
    @modoodles oh my heart! Hope all your kiddos feel better soon. And that you avoid whatever they have...
  • Options
    Thanks @meanjellybean! Our entire school district is just a mess. One of the other first grade classes only has 6 kids in school today. I've been pretty clear with my "don't breathe on me!" instructions. 🙈
  • Options
    My Mom is already high energy about what I want for my shower.  She got a date out of me and then asked a 100 questions I've not thought about.  Yes, men and women welcome.  No, we don't want a theme.  I'd be fine with that but my spouse hates themes with a purple passion.  There was none of this energy when I got married the first time (and had a shower).
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah hmm why do you think she's so into it now? Also wtf even is a theme for a baby shower other than "baby"?
  • Options
    @meanjellybean I'm not sure other than this is her first grandchild ever? I've been married twice and there was none of this energy.
    I was a little thrown by the theme piece.  I guess I had a coworker once ask for Harry Potter stuff but it's not what my mind thinks of first.
  • Options
    @meanjellybean we threw my sister a shower that was children's book themed (and super cute, might I add), and mine had a loose jungle animal theme. I feel like it's pretty common to have some sort of theme from the ones I've attended. It seems to me that it's often based around the nursery theme (if there is a theme for the nursery).
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I gotcha. I guess I resisted the theme thing. I wouldn't want to announce a theme and then you get a gazillion themed presents. Like if you do an elephant theme in your nursery and then get 20 elephant stuffed animals as gifts lol. Overkill. Can't really go wrong with children's book themed since those are always good gifts!
  • Options
    @meanjellybean the "theme" for my baby shower with DD was kind of a bbq theme. It was co-ed and, without saying it, the theme was totally beer, babies and bbq lol... we just didn't mention the booze in advance so we didn't offend the older guests :smile:
  • Options
    also, for those of you getting showers, tell your host to request that people consider bringing a book instead of a card. It's the best! DD's library is way over stocked, still lol
  • Options
    @meanjellybean I mean there wasn't anything on the invitation that said, "hey everybody, this is the theme!" lol just more in some decorations, the invitations, and the cake. Photo of my cake in spoiler b/c it was too cute. +1 for books instead of cards!

• Options
    @stlbuckeye132 ahhhh that's adorable and now I'm salivating because I want some CAKE.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 Really cute and you have made me crave frosting.  They sell single slices of birthday cake at our grocery store and it's one of my impulse buys once a week.
  • Options
    Speaking of baby shower themes.. my best friend texted me a couple of days ago and this is what the loose plan is. Grilling with all our favorite friends, plenty of beer, and possibly a fire. I'm ready for summer.

• Options
    @modoodles so ready for summer.... for a number of reasons lol

Though, this morning I was thinking back on last summer when I broke a sweat trying to get DD in her car seat on mornings when she wasn't cooperating. That's going to be fun while a million months pregnant :D:neutral:

• Options
    I’m still sad about declining a baby shower for DD2, this is making me excited about a summer baby shower for this one! If nobody throws one for me, I’m just going to arrange one myself. 😂 I don’t want any stuff for the baby anyway, just want to hang out with my girlfriends on a sunny day and drink a mocktail / have snacks. 
  • Options
    Baby showers!! So exciting! Love those invitations @modoodles! My shower was more color themed but my mom went way overboard! Like it looked nicer than our wedding reception 😂 we were pretty simple with that though. 

I can’t wait for Monday! We are going to Ikea and getting the girls loft beds so they can share a room. I can’t wait to decorate their shared room! I originally thought just regular twin beds so they could grow into them more but DD1 is not real sure about sharing and is more excited about being up high. I figured by the time they grow out of it they’ll probably be old enough that one might be ok with moving to the basement bedroom and they can both have their big beds back. Plus this gives us more space to put some things underneath. Anyway, I just hope the weather holds out! We are also taking the dog in so he can get a biopsy. They’ve just been having us try all these things and have now said amputation but can’t even tell me what it is. I’m taking him some where else for a second opinion. 

• Options
    Yes!! H and I just talked about doing a bbq for our shower with all our family and good friends. Coed. No baby shower games. Beer, yard games, and good food. 
  • Options
    Gotta love getting puked on... said no one ever. 🤢

DD chugged about 1/3 of her milk before telling me she thinks it’s yucky. About an hour later she said her tummy hurt and got clingy. You can tell where things went from there. 
    Fortunately, she had a huge burp before spewing so I leaned over the coffee table and spared the brand new rug 🙌 shout out to DH for cleaning everything up while she and I hopped in the shower! 
  • Options
    @blaf322 oh no!! 😬 Glad the rug is saved... I would be so sad if ours got puked on! Hope she is doing better! 

• Options
    Omg no @blaf322 ! Although hopefully it sounds like the barfing was because of the milk and not because she has a stomach bug?? 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @meanjellybean yep! Totally because of the milk. The first thing she said after was that her stomach didn’t hurt anymore. Parenting fail... We had no clue the milk was bad. It wasn’t obvious when DH poured it.
  • Options
    Oh noooo @blaf322! I hope she's feeling much better today!
  • Options
    13 weeks today and keep finding myself touching my belly. My mainly-still-bloat belly