July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 12/30

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 12/30

• @modoodles well that should teach him not to pee during diaper changes lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 2 boys and have cared for baby girls. Basically this is what you need to know:
    -boys will pee all over you and their own face. make sure the penis is pointed down when you put the diaper on. 
    -boys get boners even as babies. get used to it.
    -you need to move the boys' scrotum from side to side to get all the poop out from the creases.
    -girls need to be wiped front to back - we all know that, but our partners may not!
    -(enter circumcision care here, I have no experience with that) 

Anatomically those are the only differences I know of and I don't really think the social differences between male and female make a difference in parenting but maybe that's just me. 
  • @meanjellybean yup, not a shock at all. I am well aware that kids of different sexes can like the same things. I played sports all the way through HS, made forts in the woods with my brothers and such. I've taken care of my niece 2 days a week for the last 2 years, since my sister went back to work. She loves to play all the same things as my boys and my youngest son is constantly carrying around her dolly. So for Christmas I bought him a dolly of his own and a strider bike for her.

I'm simply saying that I want to experience raising a daughter also.  So maybe that's my FFFC, I have a sex preference this time around. I will be completely happy either way of course but yeah, I have a preference. 

@beckylookatherbump yes, be prepared to get peed on. It's really only bad when it happens in public!  As far as the circ goes, it does heal quickly as others have mentioned.  You'll get circ care instructions from the nurses before you leave the hospital.  Plenty of bacitracin and a gauze pad at each diaper change.

One thing to look out for is the possibility of adhesions. My youngest has some minor penile adhesions that would have eventually affected urination and possibly sexual function. It was a quick lasar fix when he was 9 mos. and we were able to take him home that day. 
  • @MrsB915 glad it's not a shock. Couldn't tell that from your post about being "boy mom." And for what it's worth, I don't think wishing for one sex over the other is an FFFC, so you won't get flamed for that by me!
  • MrsB915MrsB915 member
    edited January 2020
    @meanjellybean on my first bmb that was a huge no no! People would get flamed so hard for saying they wished for one sex over the other!
  • @MrsB915 wow that's lame! I def think people deserved to flamed for being tone-deaf and complaining about the sex after they find out and it's not what they wanted. I'm not saying people aren't allowed to have those feelings, but expressing them on a board where some women really struggled to get pregnant and/or have experienced losses, is kind of effed. Like if people feel "gender disappointment" or whatever, text your bff or talk with your family about it. But I think it's pretty normal for moms-to-be to have a preference, or maybe I'm wrong!
  • @meanjellybean I completely agree with you regarding people complaining in piblic about the sex of their child once the find out/baby is born! It took about a year to get pregnant the first time, 3 years this time, I had a 32 wk preemie and a loss. I'd be so angry with someone complaining like that when they have a healthy, term baby who deserves to be loved for who they are. 
  • @MrsB915 @meanjellybean  I could care less if people have a boy/girl preference. I think it’s only natural. I DO have a pet peeve of other people projecting their sex-preference on to you. Because I already have a son, I’ve already heard “Hope this ones a girl!” so many times. It’s annoying. I’m allowed to have a preference because it’s my kid. Not you. 😂
  • @kristinl492 that annoys me too! DD's daycare teacher said she hopes it's another girl.... I didn't tell her we already know it's a boy :D But, like, why TF do you care what the sex of our baby is? 
  • edited January 2020
    @zande2016 thank you so much. The babies getting boners threw me though. Thanks for the heads up. I know I’ll figure it out i think it’s just first time mom worries, I’m sure if it was a girl I’d find something else to worry about. As parents we always worry if we are doing it right. 
  • @kristinl492 I hate that too! As soon as we told MIL we were having another, she told us she hopes it's a boy. (She has three granddaughters, no grandsons.) This extra pissed me off because when MH called her to tell her my daughter was born and she had another granddaughter (we were team green so didn't know until birth), her response was, "well that's okay." I wanted to punch her through the phone. Of course it's okay! Now act excited that your granddaughter was just born.
  • @stlbuckeye132 seriously?! THAT was her response? I'd have been HOT! And there's no way I'd be able to let that go.
    Conversely, when DH's parents found out this one is a boy, they were so awkwardly (to me) excited... b/c "he could pass on the family name." Umm... that's not a thing anymore. We're not on an episode of Game of Thrones. Shut up. (I mean, it's a thing people say.... but no one actually cares about your lineage except you.)
  • @blaf322 it sure was her response, followed by why didn't we tell her we were going to the hospital? Well because we didn't tell any family members because I didn't want MH to be worried about giving everyone updates, we went to the hospital around 9:30pm and knew no one would sleep if we told people, and also, you live 8 hours away and aren't invited to come see the baby immediately, so... sorry not sorry. It's almost two years later and I'm still bitter about it, so clearly I haven't let it go either. :lol: But truthfully, that's not even the worst of the post-birth IL stories. Also, super weird about your ILs and the last name thing. I don't get that either.
  • @stlbuckeye132 I'd totally be holding a grudge over all that too. She sounds like a real peach
  • @blaf322 and FIL is even worse. 😭
  • @stlbuckeye132  I think I would’ve strangled her! Crazy how people get so opinionated about other people’s children, like they have any kind of right to offer that shitty opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @beckylookatherbump I think it's similar to how men always wake up with one in the morning? They just randomly get them sometimes. My 3 year old gets them a lot and since he's not potty trained yet it is starting to get a bit awkward!
  • @zande2016 it probably won't be less awkward once he's potty trained 😂😂  I remember when DS2 came to me crying because something was wrong with his penis in his underwear. That's a super fun one to explain! 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    I would put money on the fact that what I'm feeling is kicks/punches/rolls. But I'm 13w 5d. I didn't feel DD until 20w. There's NO way that's what I'm feeling. It has to be muscle spasms or something. But, I SWEAR, it feels like kicks.
  • blaf322 said:
    I would put money on the fact that what I'm feeling is kicks/punches/rolls. But I'm 13w 5d. I didn't feel DD until 20w. There's NO way that's what I'm feeling. It has to be muscle spasms or something. But, I SWEAR, it feels like kicks.
    That’s about when I felt DS, but it was more the fluttery feeling, almost like I was being tickled on the inside. I would still believe that what you’re feeling is kicks! 
  • @blaf322 you could be feeling baby! I was about that far along when I felt movement with my last pregnancy. I think after you experience it in a previous pregnancy you are definitely more aware of it earlier. Since it's been 7+ years for me, I dont think I'll notice early this time. 
  • @blaf322 I think it could be baby! I was about 14 weeks the first time I felt DD's flutters (I was lying on my stomach at the time, so that's probably the only reason I felt it that early as a FTM), but I was definitely feeling it regularly around 16 weeks. Each pregnancy is different!
  • @blaf322 I heard that you might start feeling movement sooner with your second one. I’m 13w 3d today and feel like it should be happening soon too!
  • It's definitely not that fluttery/being tickled feeling, which is what's making me think it must be spasms or something. We'll see... if they keep being like this but just get stronger, I'll know for sure!
  • @stlbuckeye132 omg your MIL's response... I'd still be super bitter about that. What in the actual f. And @blaf322 the "carrying on the family name" gets a major eye roll from me too. LOL at this not being a GOT episode. Apparently for some people it is! And that would be so cool if what you're feeling is baby kicks - I guess you will know as they get stronger. I can't believe we are getting close to the time when some of us will start feeling movement... I know not everyone feels this way, but I always felt like it was one of the cooler parts of being pregnant.
  • kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited January 2020
    @meanjellybean I think feeling the movement is definitely the best part about pregnancy. Right after the whole “you get a baby at the end” thing.
  • @kristinl492 oh right, that part!  :p

Yeah I remember thinking that it would weird me out, like an alien trying to escape. But I loved it, even at the end where it gets super uncomfortable and actually feels exactly like an alien trying to escape lol.

• @meanjellybean yes! It's definitely the most fun part of being pregnant.
  • @blaf322 OMG WHY DO PEOPLE CLIP THEIR NAILS AT THEIR DESK? I will never understand this. Also can't stand slurpers. I'll help you hide the bodies.
  • @stlbuckeye132 I knew I liked you lol
  • I am seriously messed about about what day of the week it is. I just texted a salon trying to get in with someone, and I let them know I'd need a Saturday or evening appointment. They replied asking if tomorrow at 9:30am or 11:00am would work for me. I immediately was like, "omg, you people are clearly stupid. I said EVENING or SATURDAY." (Only in my head, duh.) Then I sent a screenshot of the conversation to my mom to show her how clueless they were. She was like, "well tomorrow IS Saturday, so didn't they give you what you asked for?" Definitely thought tomorrow was Wednesday.

• @stlbuckeye132 :D:D I told my friend, today is the Tuesdayist Friday, ever.
  • @stlbuckeye132 same. Holidays have everything confused. I saw FFFC thread today and was like "what?" Also I think I'm starting to be hit with baby brain, last night making dinner I told DH I was chopping a mushroom (it was an onion. And I wanted an onion. But I called it a mushroom.)

Insanely jealous of the potential for feeling kicks @blaf322. I'm also like weirdly excited to get a bump someday (not just bloat) - group 1 friends, are you there yet? 
  • @mehugg I'm totally excited for a bump too! I haaaate this in between phase. I feel like such a gross blob. And, I'm group 1... if I eat a large meal, I have a bit of one :smile: But usually I just look fat :D 
  • meanjellybeanmeanjellybean member
    edited January 2020
    @mehugg and @blaf322 +1 for team blob/blump. It actually makes me laugh that I'm going to go back to the office on Monday after being out for about two weeks and I'm pretty sure people are going to assume that I reallyyyyy indulged over the holidays. Debating whether to pack it in and just wear maternity pants day 1.

ETA and I'm not even in group 1! I'm in group 2!
  • YES. I was just thinking today how much I hate this in between phase. It took a long time for me to "pop" last time, but I'm crossing my fingers it'll happen sooner this time. Most likely it will b/c I was in great shape before, and I've definitely been slacking lately.
  • Baby brain subject. Instead of switching my windshield wipers on or off I turned off my headlights. I proceeded to do this three different times on my way to work one morning. (And I have never touched the headlight switch because it’s just on auto.)