Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intros w/o 12/23

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Newbie Intros w/o 12/23

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Hi everyone,  I'm not super new but back at it again.

I'm 37 and my husband is 40. We are trying for baby #1 and only. I'm tracking my cycles and using an ovulation testing kit. 

I'm a special education teacher and I love hiking, camping, snowboarding, food, and music!  We have 2 dogs, 1 cat, and (currently) 4 chickens. 

*TW*Recent loss explained in spoiler:

On the 4th month of trying (October 2019) we got pregnant!  It was the first month using the ovulation testing kit and that seemed to work well. Turns out I ovulate a few days later than average. Things were going along smoothly although I had some very light spotting for 2 weeks. 

On Dec. 5th, I had my first ultrasound (almost 9 weeks along) and unfortunately there was no heartbeat. Our midwife told us according to the sizing, the embryo had stopped developing about a week and a half earlier. There was nothing I did wrong and nothing we could have done differently to change it. It was likely either chromosomal abnormalities or just didn't develop properly. I took Misoprostol the next day because I wanted to move on quickly. The doctor was very kind and compassionate. He said we should have no problems conceiving again soon and that there is no medical reason to delay. I'm sad but optimistic. First trimester miscarriages are far more common than I ever thought. It surprised me how many people shared their own MC story after I shared mine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 Welcome! @dancingtreepose I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 welcome! Hope your stay here is short & sweet! 
    @dancingtreepose welcome back...so sorry for your loss! Hope you get your rainbow soon! 
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 Welcome! I hope you’re able to pinpoint ovulation this time. Hope to see you in the dailies! 

@dancingtreepose I am so sorry to see you back here with us. I’m sorry for your loss.💔 It’s excellent that you know it’s nothing you did or didn’t do, and that you’re feeling optimistic about trying again. You can join us in TTCAL if you feel like you can use that safe space to talk about loss. 
  • Options
    asf0613asf0613 member
    edited December 2019
    @dancingtreepose sorry to see a familiar face from July here. Hoping our stays here are short and sweet 

Ages (you and SO): I am 28 and DH is 39

How many months have you been TTC?: we are at month one.  TW-full explanation in spoiler

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: will be tracking and monitoring cycle to start. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): DH and I are workaholics, but currently thankful for the downtime this holiday break. I work in market research and he is in media sales. We also keep busy at home with two cats and two dogs. Looking forward to being involved here!

Spoiler TW

Started trying in October and was fortunate to conceive quickly. Saw heartbeat at 7wks and all was good.   Learned earlier this week of a missed miscarriage ( would have been 12 weeks today)  This morning had D&C, and while I will be waiting until cycle returns to start again I was anxious to get back on TB because I have so valued the support of BMB and expect the same here on TTGP 

• Options
    @asf0613 welcome. I’m so very sorry for your loss. I hope your stay here is short and that you get your rainbow very soon. 

@dancingtreepose welcome back to the bump. I’m truly sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're back @dancingtreepose and @asf0613 . Hopefully you aren't here for long and get your rainbows soon!

• Options
    @asf0613 I’m very sorry for your loss as well. I hope you do find exactly what you’re looking for here; it’s a very supportive group of women. Hoping we all get to leave here soon with our rainbow babies! 
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): 34 & 35

How many months have you been TTC?: Just had my BC out (Nexplanon) on Monday so I'm currently waiting for the cycle reboot. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Once I have a period I'll be using the cheapie wondfos till I run out, then the clearblue advanced if I'm still TTC. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): We have one, he's nearly 4 and it was a relatively longish time to get pregnant (5 months, 6 cycles). We are obviously older now which I'm kind of anxious about BUT we are both much healthier (lost a lot of weight). I had gastric sleeve over 2 years ago and for me having one more baby is now or never. I'm giving it until I'm 35 (November). If nothing by then DH is getting the snip and we'll be one and done. 2 cats, 1 dog, I'm a special education teacher (and social media coordinator as a side hustle), DH does accounting work, my main hobby involves my side hustle (jewelry), and DH is a runner :)