Infertility
Options

IVF ladies: PIO in AM or PM?

Do you do your PIO shot in the morning, or at night? Whichever, you do: Why? Did your doc indicate a preference? Have you found some reason to do AM versus PM or vice versa?

My doctor indicated no preference. I'm leaning toward nighttime, just so I can use a heating pad afterward. Thoughts?

I start PIO today. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF ladies: PIO in AM or PM?

• Options
    nightime for the heating pad and it made me sooooo sleepy :) good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PM - DH leaves the house too early to do it in the am.  The heating pad does feel nice too (especially with it winter now).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did AM as my clinic recommended - they said that the movement of walking around throughout the day would disperse the oil around and would keep lumps from forming. GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

PM -

1 - out of habit, all my stim shots have been in the pm

2- it's hard enough to get out of bed to go to work as is, can't imagine adding a PIO shot

3- we don't start PIO until there is confirmation on fertilization, and that call usually comes around noon, and they always say start your PIO today, so can't imagine they'd want me to wait until the next AM

That being said, no one has ever explicitly told me PM.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    AM, they never gave me a reason why in the AM it was just on my instructions sheet and I did it. GL!
  • Options
    PM as it just worked out better for DH and I, and if I was sore or whatever I could just relax in bed instead of being at work all day.  If your RE doesn't have a preference I say do what works best with your schedules!  Lots of luck to you!! :)
  • Options

For my first IVF and FET it was at night.  For my 2nd IVF it was in the morning.  For my cousin (when she was our surrogate during IVF #3) it was in the mroning. 

Personally, I liked it better at night.  I could then go to sleep and not worry about it.  In the morning I felt too rushed.  Also, dh had to give it to me and he goes to work two hours later than me, so he was giving me the shot 1/2 sleep! 

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    3 IUI's, 2 IVF's , 1 FET , 1 IVF w/ Gestational Carrier, and 1 FET using adopted embryo's = ALL BFNs
    We are adopting!

SAIF/PAIF IS ALWAYS WELCOMED TO POST IN MY POSTS!!!
  • Options
    Thx, all! I'm going to do PM.
  • Options

I do PM, mostly because we were in the habit of shots at night from stims.

Might have been better in the morning, given my terrible lumps. We gave a few earlier in the day because I had a closing shift at work. 

imageimage

• Options

Thx, Quiz.

Maybe I could do around dinner time, and then try to get in some movement afterward? Best of both worlds? We'll see. I'm just relieved it's not an AM thing, as morning is not my best time. 

• Options

I've done both. I think I prefer AM.

1st cycle did PM and it was great to be able to lay down for 20 minutes after with a hot cloth on it and I think going to sleep soon after kept it from getting sore. (I never got a lump and only twice had pain/stiffness the next day). But it was a pain that I had to be home at 9 pm every night. Kind of means you can't go see a movie, go out to dinner, etc. (I couldn't have done it later because some days I was so tired I went to sleep at 9:30!)

This cycle I am doing AM. Don't have as much time to put heat on it. Definitely more sore days. But it is much more convenient. I never have to worry about where I might be in the evening.

Good luck!!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"