July 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @meanjellybean oh man, I love a good podcast. Going to check that out!
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @busymom247 like I said in my post "Then I let it go and continued to comment b/c it's not actually that big of a deal lol." I'm honestly not worried about your one-off SS post. I posted that more as something to laugh at myself about. I don't have to like every SS post for it to be valuable to the group. It's my opinion and it's perfectly okay for the group to have a variety of ideas around what makes most sense. And, FWIW... I'm in a similar BMB for DD as yours from 2017. We vacation together yearly so we're also very close. There are 60 of us. I, alone, have met more than half the group as well as their spouses and kids. I'm not sure what value that brought to your point, but I'm giving you this info to say, you're not the only STM+ here...Your experience is relatively common.

RE: the medication thread, I asked if the group wanted the safe meds thread before I made the SS post. I know we're all busy, and can miss things. Totally fine. But don't try to come at me over something I followed protocol over. Additionally, everything I've seen posted has been noted as what someone's OB okay'd or is an actual photo or copy of their OB's approved med list. I understand you're a TTM, but I don't believe that trumps M.D.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @busymom247 The safe meds thread was one that was specifically requested to be made and stickied. I was one of those people requesting it. I commented on your one off cravings/aversions thread because it did apply to me, but I was surprised to see it because we did already have a symptoms thread. Saying you could create one off SS threads every week just to be annoying probably won't win any friends here. 
  • Options
    I appreciated the safe meds thread.  So far, Ob has not seen fit to give me a list.  I also look at other sources but it has helped me.
  • Options
    busymom247busymom247 member
    edited December 2019
    @blaf322
    @modoodles

My apologies, I was unaware that anyone requested meds list. And I do not know everything about meds but I had some things I would question/ inquire about and and some one no that I just added on the thread to clarify Sudafed/Claritin

I guess my only point regarding my bmb,  while snarky and strict, there was no complaining of threads to fit structure unless drive bys.

However I understand this was your FFFC anyhow and you really did not care

Also, "I'm not coming at anyone" regarding a new cravings/aversions weekly, hence the laughing emoji. I did not plan on a new weekly thread but joking. Unfortunately, typing has no emotion.
  • Options
    What is the protocol on posting new threads? I haven’t done any yet, but in my old board I’d do it whenever I wanted, and it was never a problem. It was always stuff that could apply to everyone, but possibly could have had some overlap with things like “random” or “symptoms” or “the great question thread.” Is that okay? Can I start threads about hemorrhoids or GTYK questions or baby names or whatever? Or is that frowned upon? I need to know bc I am certain my hemorrhoids will be making a reappearance soon and I need to know the best way to make everyone listen to me complain about them. 
  • Options
    I think having a separate Cravings/Aversions thread makes sense. It’s nice to have all that in one place. 🤷‍♀️

The only time I start threads is when it’s a standard one that needs a start (check ins for the week, etc). Too many rules about what counts as a drive-by vs. a one-off or what belongs in one place vs another. I figure I’ll let others brave those waters, my patience is limited in figuring it out. 
  • Options
    @Pascal86If you’re truly asking my opinion on the hemorrhoids thread, I think it goes in symptoms 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

That said... this wasn’t intended to become a big thing that needs discussing. When it’s all said and done, this is a community board. No one person makes decisions. My opinion has no actual bearing on what others should or shouldn’t do. I am, truly, done discussing this.