March 2020 Moms
Options

December Symptoms

13»

Re: December Symptoms

• Options
    I did PT after DS2 for my diastasis recti with a lot of the same exercises and it helped a lot to reduce the gap and improve my pelvic floor.  Unfortunately with a high deductible health plan, PT is expensive until you hit out of pocket max.  I will likely wait until after DS3 before looking into doing some PT in the hopes that the cost of the birth will get me close to OOP max so that the PT is covered fully by insurance.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    @stassischroeder thank you so much for sharing!!! I kept meaning to jump back on the week 2 thread to say I wanted the info. I'd do appreciate it if you shared more when you get it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just ordered Natural Calm, why not! Thanks everyone for the idea! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 You are gonna love it!!

AFM, had family over Xmas day. My aunt got a bad headache and they went home early. Turns out - it was the flu. My husband caught it!!!!! Strangely, I caught a cold from somewhere? I’m panicking that he has the flu bc I have read scary things about flu when your pregnant. I’m making him stay in the guest room and use the guest bathroom and that’s it for the next week, but I’m terrified of catching it. It’s a gnarly headache, bad cough, and fever. Any of you ladies had experience with the flu when pregnant? All this “high risk of neural tube defects, preterm labor and maternal death” is freaking me out!!!! 
  • Options
    @mrsc918 a neural tube defect would
    have already happened so the flu can’t cause that this late in pregnancy. 

You are doing everything you can by having yh sleep somewhere else. Very bad flu side effects are rare. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @mrsc918 My son is dealing with flu-like symptoms so I asked my midwife about it at my appointment last week.  She said if I think I've caught it, go to urgent care for a swab to confirm and get a prescription for Tamiflu to help with the symptoms.  She didn't seem too concerned about me catching it at this stage of pregnancy.  She said if I was especially worried, if a family member in my house tested positive for the flu, they could proactively prescribe the Tamiflu even without me having symptoms but I decided not to go that route.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    Holy moly my acid reflux is out of control! I have GERD and have been taking my regular medication throughout this whole pregnancy, and I've been eating lots of Tums too, but I'm regurgitating like crazy. Anything any of you have tried that's been helpful?
  • Options
    @lemonlove86 Ugh I'm so sorry. Mine appeared second tri, & I almost puked from it multiple times. I try to eat as heartburn friendly as possible, though it's been REALLY hard over the holidays. When I'm home I have oatmeal every morning, for example, but I haven't been keeping up with that while travelling, and it's been hard to avoid tomatoes/tomato sauce and peppers and onions as well, though I try my best! I take a 20 mg prilosec every morning and use Tums as a back up, try to sleep/sit elevated (but what is "sleep" anyway, I barely even remember), but I don't think these are any sort of solutions that are going to help you, except maybe being more conscious of diet? I feel like sometimes I think I am being conscious of what I'm eating, and then my body is like "hey wait none of this" and I'm like "okay, fine, I will add that to my list of no's/try to avoid's..."
  • Options
    Thanks, @kagesstarshroom! I think diet changes will be the key. 
  • Options
    Omg my cough has gotten so bad that every time I have a coughing fit I get really painful contractions. I’m SO over this whole being sick thing. It better be gone by the time we leave for Nashville on thursday. Wahh. 
  • Options
    Just here to whine. My hips and pelvis are so achy all the time. Yesterday we drove 3 hours home from our birthday getaway, and sitting in the car that long was clearly not good for my hips. I was wobbly and uncomfortable the whole afternoon/evening. I feel like my gait is so weird when I walk and if I’ve been sitting or laying down it hurts like hell to stand up. Once I’m up for a while I’m usually fine, but yesterday was a mess the whole day. 

I tried the chiropractor last week but it didn’t seem to help. I’m debating going back to try it again, because while one time might not be enough to make a difference, it sure was expensive...
  • Options
    @kantobean solidarity, sister. I cannot get comfortable no matter how I sit/lay/stand. It’s so awful. I haven’t tried the chiro for that same reason. I’ve been doing stretches at home and they sometimes help for a short while but nothing is permanent. 

Is anyone else experiencing period cramps? They’re not anywhere similar to the BH I’ve been getting, but they’re uncomfortable nonetheless. It literally feels like I’m about to start my period. They started yesterday afternoon. It’s weird. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally I had what felt like period cramps briefly this weekend! It went away after like 20 minutes but it was the weirdest thing.  
  • Options
    @kantobean You are making me feel better about my traveling choices--like, not driving 4.5 hours to and then back from upstate NY with DH and flying home instead of driving home when I leave later this week. But I definitely need to purchase an aisle seat on the flights I have coming up (to get home and then MAYBE to get to and from my interview--those flights are only an hour each way and by the time the service cart goes up and down the aisle, we're already landing?)
  • Options
    @miss.sally Of course you’ll check with your doctor for your particular circumstances but could your cramps be gastrointestinal? When I was having all my gastro issues in the beginning it was very easy to confuse for period-like cramps. Once the gastro prescribed Align they stopped, unless I forget to take it for a few days or eat really crappy. Also, are you drinking enough water? My midwife said just keep drinking water! 
  • Options
    @miss.sally yes!! I had period-like cramps starting at dinner time last night and they were so persistent (not severe, but persistent) that I couldn’t sleep and ended up calling my doctor last night around 1am. She had me come in to check me out. Turns out I have a UTI and I probably didn’t drink enough water, but I’m still having cramps. I’m a worrier so that’s why I called, but my cervix is closed and I’m about to start chugging water now that I’m up lol. She also said I could take tylenol for pain so I did that too. Feel better! 
  • Options
    @miss.sally I’ve had period type cramps randomly the past few weeks. I figure it’s just a type of contraction or something. Usually happens after a lot of activity. 
  • Options
    @kantobean sorry to hear you are experiencing sore hips/pelvis.  I’m in the same boat.  We’ve been painting here a lot too and the squatting and then trying to get up is crazy.  So wobbly and I feel like I need to hold my pubic bone in order to stand up.  Very attractive. I just ordered a pregnancy support belt on amazon that was really well reviewed.  It was $21, Azmed brand.  I’ll let you know how that goes!  Trying the Spinning babies daily essentials and some yoga for hip flexibility but it really just makes me more aware of how tight and unstable that whole area is. Not noticing any strengthening yet.  Asking for a PT referral next. 

@miss.sally also having what I think are random contractions/cramps. They don’t feel like BH, but don’t make me feel liken going into labor either.  It’s in between and different from what I’ve experienced in my other two pregnancies.  It’s more likely the uterine activity I’ve felt after sex in the third tri.  Sometimes it feels related to being on my feet a lot or moving quickly, and definitely when my bladder is full, other times it’s when I’m resting which really throws me off. I’m planning on asking the MW when I see her this week of course. The pregnancy belt I ordered has some reviews that mentioned uterine irritability and that wearing the belt lessened the ctx.