March 2020 Moms
Options

December Symptoms

Re: December Symptoms

• Options
    So for the past week I wake up in the middle night and my hands are in PAIN. It’s hard to make a fist. At first I thought maybe it was just falling asleep but then I was like hmm then wouldn’t my entire arm be like that?! So then I went to Doctor Google and read about pregnancy carpal tunnel...WTAF?! Add that to the $&!? nobody warns you about. So I’m pretty sure that’s probbaly what it is...JOY! Anybody else have any experience with that? 
  • Options
    @mrsc918 Oh no. I had pregnancy induced carpel tunnel with my first, and of all my 3 pregnancies and pregnancy symptoms that remains my LEAST favorite. It started out as a tingling and then was full blown carpel tunnel. Things that helped: hand massages (a lot of places will do them specifically for carpel tunnel), ice packs with peas (you can finds lots on amazon), and wrist braces, which I absolutely needed. I found that it seriously hurt, and I had a hard time coping with it... the BEST part is that as soon as I gave birth it IMMEDIATELY vanished. So keep your eye on that prize! So many hugs!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is pregnancy induced plantar fasciitis a thing? I never had that with DS, but this time around if I go from laying down to standing up, the arch of my left foot is in so much pain! I haven't done anything unusual in the gym either. So very bizarre! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    Well guys...past couple days I had decreased fetal movement so I was like kind of worried even tho I would feel her here and there. So I came to L&D triage at the end of work since I work in the hospital anyway. Heart rate is good except they saw one drop, but then the doctor came in and told me I’m having contractions. Not feeling them. Enter panic mode! Good news is cervix is closed. Of course baby is moving around and kicking nonstop now. So here I am spending the night in L&D bc they want to monitor and make sure the contractions don’t mean I’m dilating and going into early labor. I’m 25w3d so naturally I’m freaking out. 

I WAS holding my pee for 45 minutes n the nurse said that could have been what was causing the contractions bc I didn’t have any earlier. Soooo I’m just hoping she’s right n this is nothing. Bleh...
  • Options
    @mrsc918 glad you got it checked out just in case, hope it is nothing and you can go home tomorrow!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Thinking of you @mrsc918! Glad babe is moving more and let’s hope that cervix stays closed! Keep us updated 💛
  • Options
    I’m not sure if I’m panicking for no reason - and I’m usually very calm and relaxed but yesterday baby wasn’t moving as much as usual, I chalked it up to being on the move, at my Christmas party, at work, etc. this morning she was moving a bit - not as much as usual, but still moving somewhat. I’ve been relaxing on the couch since 11:30 this morning and I have only felt her move once - actually I didn’t feel it, DH did. I’m trying to get her to move now by playing music, flashlight, DH talking to my belly - nothing really is happening. I’m only 25 weeks and I know you should count after 28 but I’m wondering if I’m worrying for nothing or if I should page midwife?
  • Options
    Thanks @varimama @lemonlove86 have still been having contractions but not often. Still waiting for the doc to come in today to give me an update but the nurse thinks I’m staying all weekend bc there’s no perinatologist on weekends and the OBs don’t always like giving clearance. Ahhh 

@dunder_mifflin that’s why I came to triage yesterday but ever since I’ve been here, she’s been moving like crazy. But now I’m stuck here bc of what seems like possible Braxton hix. I think it’s prob normal to have quiet days but if you want piece of mind, u should call her ur midwife. 
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin I’d call the midwife just for peace of mind! I rarely feel this babe but that’s the norm for me. They may have you go in for some monitoring but always better safe than sorry!!! 

@mrsc918 Please keep us posted!!! 
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin I know my baby girl was quiet some days around week 25. I usually noticed she would have a very active day and then the next day move a little less, I chalked it up to her tiring herself out from the day before! Now I’m 28 weeks and I’m finally starting to understand her patterns and it’s easier to get her to wake up. I think it’s normal to have inconsistent movements until 28 weeks, but always consult you Dr if you are concerned! Glad you got her to move though!

Anyone had their tdap vaccine? My Dr recommended it and now I’ve been struggling with a low grade fever for 24 hours 😞 Dr said to just keep taking Tylenol, but a tip to those who may be getting the vaccine - fever is a possibility and be sure to talk to your Dr about side effects and precautions! Also... why does everything happen on the weekend when the Dr is closed?!
  • Options
    @slim000, I had my TDAP on Friday. No fever, but my arm is sore as hell. 

@mrsc918 — thinking of you and crossing FX it’s just BH! 
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin @mrsc918 Many good vibes to both of yall! <3

AFM, my monster zit necessitated a visit to the doctors. I have to go back in Mon. if it is worse, but so far it's better-- except it looks like I have a black eye bc it's making my face swollen! I'm an an antibiotic (just for the weekend) & a cream. HATE that I couldn't call my ob's office about the antibiotic but also... had to trust my GP on this one that it was fine. Blargh. Horn: 1 Kages: 0
  • Options
    @mrsc918 thinking of you! Keep us posted.

@kagesstarshroom ah! I can’t believe it required antibiotics. Pregnancy really messes with everything—even zits! I was thinking of you: did you find out whether you should test your blood at times not immediately post-food?
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @silverhope I have just avoided eating/drinking much during the two hours I have to wait after breakfast/lunch/dinner for the most part. Like a small snack here and there--preferably a healthy bite of something--is fine, but an entire bubble tea = no good. My levels have been within regular range every time now that I am abiding by this--the only one bad reading is from when I drank the bubble tea during the two hours after lunch. Three more days of testing left! And then hopefully when I visit the ob week 28 & show her my #s she'll be like "looks good!" I am getting SLIGHTLY better at the whole process, which is good. And yeah, they are just worried about it getting (more?) infected. I am making DH nurse me w/ the zit lol he does everything, remove and apply my bandaids, apply the cream, etc. I hate even looking at it.
  • Options
    @mrsc918 Hope you are home now! I had something similar happen when I was pregnant with DS. I came in because I leaked a pink fluid at the gym, but when they had me hooked up I was having regular contractions (I think I was 32 weeks?). I ended up going to 38 weeks 4 days and then went into labor the classic way... water breaking and contractions starting... I was so baffled but apparently it's pretty normal. She said because of my size they probably were really easy to read. I laughed because I was a monster at that point but maybe the same is true for you? Hope you are home!
    *TW*

• Options
    Meant to add this... SO many digestive issues hahahaha, make it stop!
    *TW*

• Options
    @mrsc918 I'm so glad all is good. 

I'm also struggling with digestive issues - especially last night & today. completely constipated & I'm pretty sure she is just sitting on my bowels for fun. SO MUCH PRESSURE!!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @mrsc918 so glad everything is ok!! 
  • Options
    @mrsc918 So glad you are out and all is well! Also I love the idea that our bodies are starting to "plummet." I totally agree hahaha. 
    @chichiphin The constipation is SO annoying. It's not TERRIBLE for me yet, but it's bad enough. And agree that baby is sitting on bowels for fun lol lol.
    @miss.sally Yes, I need to rest more, but it just isn't happening. In fact, the time I have to rest is here, now, at work, and I seriously might today. 
    *TW*

• Options
    @pdx2020 I used to do the magnesium drink for sleep... I should probably try that again. I'll ask my doc tomorrow, since my insomnia has been so bad and I don't know if I should take unisom frequently.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @mrsvp614, my doc said frequent unisom is fine too, if you don't feel too groggy the next day! I use it occasionally, but magnesium seems to have way more positives (and is actually necessary in pregnancy) and less grogginess. 
  • Options
    @pdx2020 Ohh what a great idea! I will 100% try it. Are you taking a pill or what and once a day?
    *TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25, I've been using Natural Vitality's Calm Magnesium drink before bed. Usually just a half tspn. It actually has some melatonin in it too, but they have a version that's not as geared toward sleep. It make a warm glass -- tastes a little like Emergen-C. OB said pill works too, but I prefer the drink for a bit of bedtime ritual. 
  • Options
    @pdx2020 YAAASSSS! I drink Calm every night before bed and it makes the biggest difference on my sleep! I had originally got it for its stool softening benefits but it mainly helps with sleep so far. I started with half but now I’m up to 2 teaspoons. The taste is getting old (so sweet) but I suck it up. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin is the pressure you’re mentioning in your lower abdomen? I’ve had serious pressure down there the past 3 days and I think it’s prob bc I’m so gassy? Sometimes the pressure makes it hard to get up. 
  • Options
    @mrsc918 yep - lower abdomen & low back. it was def gas & a BM that needed to pass - I had one yesterday thank god & it is WORLDS better. thank you, metamucil 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin omg so i was like moaning in bed last night from terrible gas/BM. like every time i moved it was unbearable pain! idk how i finally got to sleep, but i woke up and peed and then i felt better? glad the metamucil worked! i think it worked for me as well. i also took a magenesium pill.
  • Options
    @pdx2020 @mrsc918 Can you share the link of the product you were talking about. I haven't been able to sleep in a few days and I really need something that works. 
  • Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited December 2019
    RE: Fetal movement.  Last Friday, I ended up calling my OB because my LO hadn't moved hardly at all the night before and all day Friday.  I was so concerned.  My OB was less concerned and said to just monitor her movement for the next day, and luckily she was back into her usual routine pretty quickly.  I'm not looking forward to questioning every single moment of "down time" she has in there... I'm already paranoid enough as it is!  I'm so glad everything worked out for you @mrsc918 and @dunder_mifflin!  A sudden lack of movement can be sooo scary.

@slim000 Oh no, I hadn't heard that fever is a possible side effect of the TDAP shot.  I'm due to get mine this Friday and am trying to remember to relax my muscle when I get the shot, lol.  But now I'm nervous I'll get a fever!  Ugh, being under the weather sucks.

@kagesstarshroom Oh noooo your zit!  I'm sorry it's taken over your face but yay for antibiotics and I sure hope it goes away soon!  

@pdx2020 I'm going to have to try the magnesium, I think.  I cannot sleep AND my constipation is out of control... I'll try anything!  Is there a link where I can get it on Amazon or something?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Malidocious and @stacey6689, same brand as @mrsvp614, but this one is a bit more sleep-focused and has some melatonin in it. This is the flavor and size I got (they have other flavors + amounts if you wanted to try something different!): https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Calmful-Magnesium-Wildberry/dp/B0716M5CXM/

They usually sell it at the grocery store too, in the natural foods section! 
  • Options
    That’s the same brand of Calm I use as well! I got the Raspberry Lemon flavor, pretty sweet when u have 2teasoons in a half cup of water. There’s also non-flavored too.
  • Options
    @stassischroeder thank you so much!!! Also I LOL’d so hard because when I screen-shotted the image before really looking at it, in the small version it looked like the person had extra-human length arms in the second exercise to reach their toes and I was like omg how am I going to do THAT?!? 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited December 2019
    @stassischroeder my PT said the same thing re: incontinence and major hip/back pain! We are also focusing on my med/max glutes and abdomen. She’s very pro-ab work (properly done) during pregnancy as well. I’ve been doing a lot of glute bridges, leg lifts while on my side, and leg lifts while standing with a resistance band (think barre). It has been such an insane improvement after seeing her every 2 weeks since I was 14 weeks preg.

*edit for clarity 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @stassischroeder and @chichiphin thanks for sharing!  I’ve been toying with the idea of PT since my last pregnancy and just never make the time. I totally believe all the back/hip/pelvic discomfort is related and exceeds what’s normal. I’m going to ask for a referral and get this going. My other motivation is that hopefully it will make postpartum recovery faster. 

And another vote for Natural Calm!  That stuff is a miracle. Not finding the article I wanted to link to but I remember reading a while back that there is some speculation that magnesium supplementation in pregnancy can increase your pain tolerance for labor.