March 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/14

What’s going on this week ladies?! 

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @varimama yay! Glad you're back to enjoying ice cream  :) it's getting better for me, but I still find myself buying things that sound good and then not being able to eat them later. Not that I need any excuses to eat more LOL. 

@chichiphin can you PM me the recipe for the meatballs and sauce?

@miss.sally that sounds amazing! I made white chocolate macadamia nut cookies this weekend, but I made the mistake of crushing up the nuts because they're so expensive and I wanted them to seem more plentiful in the dough. It made for a really weird consistency in the cookies  :|   I'm a great cook, but pretty much only bake when I'm KU, so I'm riding that learning curve  :D 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @stassischroeder sure! It’s a pain in the ass but worth it 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin I secretly kinda love "labor of love" recipes. I don't always take the time for them, but every once in a while it's totally worth it. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @stassischroeder sent - thank my MIL for having it in easy to copy/paste email format lolololol 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @mrsvp614 that’s so great you’re back on a normal schedule! I can’t imagine being on a different schedule, unless I was like a single kid less person, then I could probably make it work but with a family it’s gotta be tough! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    AHHH @mrsvp614 that is a nightmare. hopefully your female coworker can help you out post-meeting!!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    miss.sallymiss.sally member
    edited October 2019
    @mrsvp614 ohhhh noooooooooo! Keep us posted. Hope it isn’t terrible. 😬
  • Options
    @mrsvp614 Nooooooo!  Updates please!  This totally sounds like something that would happen to me.  
  • Options
    @mrsvp614 that’s the worst, hope you were able to get some help! 

@silverhope I’m sorry, are you team green or waiting on the A/S? I waited until the A/S last time but this time couldn’t wait and did an elective one to find out. You’re probably close enough to the A/S to not make it worth it but I will say I really enjoyed not worrying about a bunch of measurements and just getting to watch the baby and listen to his heart and stuff! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @mrsvp614 Whew! I was hoping this was resolved. 💗 I bet that was stressful!

AFM: I just broke down and cried for a while bc my heartburn is so bad. DH brought me some tissues, and then I had to run to the bathroom bc I almost vomited. I am in the middle of making dinner for the first time in a long time and idk if i’ll be able to finish. I found a heartburn/reflux friendly recipe and bought all the ingredients today to make it happen. I am so tired of feeling like such terrible garbage. I am starting on Prilosec in the morning and hoping that gets me some relief tomorrow.
  • Options
    @varimama yay for ice cream!

@mrsvp614 omg I’m glad you found a sweater! Embarrassing. I’ve totally been there.

afm, I almost started crying when I realized I wasted 20 minutes of one of my classes working on a song we’re not even going to sing. It’s not the worst thing in the world but I’m frustrated with myself for wasting time. I seriously hate time waste. Also we’re working on Christmas music and I’m really not a Christmas person (I’m jewish) and the whole thing is kind of a drag. 
  • Options
    @varimama ha I am the reverse: since I waited for the anatomy scan last time to find out the sex, I figured I could hold out this time. But it is irking me all my friends know and they are weeks behind me. But I’ll know soon enough. Also 99% sure I saw a penis at the NT scan, so I’m already resigned to the fact that I am a #boymom. 

@kagesstarshroom really, really hope the prilosec works. *hugs*
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Omg @varimama ice cream is my liiiffffeeee. I am still working out habitually so I can enjoy a bowl of ice cream several times a week. 

@mrsvp614 thank goodness you had the sweater! 

@kagesstarshroom I also have really bad heartburn, even when I’m not pregnant. It’s acid reflux and I usually take an OTC called Zegerid, however I learned with my first pregnancy that it is a class C drug so I had to stop. I went one day without it and thought I would die. The next day I switched to an OTC called Prevacid. It’s fine to take while pregnant and is really effective. So if Prilosec won’t work, consider giving Prevacid a shot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DD has a fever this morning. :( thankfully, grandparents are helping out so I don’t have to take a full day off work (taking the afternoon) and I can leave her home while I go to my doctor appointment. Ugh. Not sure what we will do if she’s still sick tomorrow.
  • Options
    I think my toddler is getting my 9yo’s cough. He’s screaming bloody murder for zero reason. I’m trying to get him down for nap and it’s horrific. I feel bad for him but also insomnia kept me awake until 3 and he was up at 5 so I’m banking on this nap for BOTH of our days to improve. 
  • Options
    @miss.sally sick kid solidarity!

@EmilyLove25 thank you! I think DD is fine. She’s acting totally normal, just a little lethargic. I’m selfishly worried about me, because the midwife said if I get a fever over 100.4 I need to go to the ER. And I do not want to.
  • Options
    OMG, I found this thread by investigating a one-off poster in April. Man, I miss the bump of 2014/2015. These ladies are HILARIOUS

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12303410/someone-please#latest

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options

@stassischroeder omg that is pure entertainment! I love me some drama!!
  • Options
    Lol @stassischroeder those were the good days. I was part of TB back in 2009 before a lot of snark, and then again from 14-16 until the mass exodus. I actually felt a little guilty coming back this time 😂 
  • Options
    @chichiphin I thought the same thing! We got one from my cousin last weekend and I was surprised the baby was that low. It’s such a great sound to hear though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @miss.sally i always hear ppl talk about everyone leaving. Was it bc the mods got too harsh w snarky ppl? 

I didn’t join until 2017. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @silverhope it was a legit mess. A lot of it had to do with the way the loss/infertility community was being treated. Soooo many of the regs got really upset and offended with the way things were changing and the way the mods were handling it. It was really unfortunate. Thankfully a lot of us loss moms moved to the same place. But then that one blew up eventually also. We made a FB group that most of the really regular ones joined to keep in touch. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin glad you found the HB! DD's heartbeat was lower than I expected, too. I feel like its higher up whenever my OB or PA finds it in the office, but maybe their dopplers are just more sensitive so they catch the heartbeat from further away? Not sure if that even makes sense lol. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    lol @stassischroeder i know what you mean. it's just weird bc I def have a belly now but she ain't in it apparently... so maybe I'm "fat" per one of our drive-bys... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin LOL. Our internal organs have to go somewhere! I always joke with DH when he touches my belly that he's lovingly caressing my intestines because the baby is still really low.  

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20