Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing Week of 10/14-10/20/19

Re: IF Treatment and Testing Week of 10/14-10/20/19

• @keikilove I’m so sorry! Sending all the hugs! 💜 
  • @kpearse99 So good that you get to go back in and ask your questions. Will you just see a nurse or will you get to see your doctor as well? FX that you get everything answered and that the baseline goes well. Thank you for the advice. And you are absolutely right. If she does not understand then that is her issue. 

@inthewoods23 I do think that if we were closer, or if it were my sister, that I would feel differently about it too. But we are not that close and have not spoken to her since February. Would she even notice that I am not there?

@emeraldduchess thanks friend  <3

@NYTino24 That is a good way to look at it. I honestly am not sure if it would affect the friendship as we have not really been in touch for months now. She is/was aware that we were going through IF last year though and was aware of our failed cycle. I may be using the last minute stomach bug lol. Thanks!
    Good luck tomorrow! I hope that it goes well. 

@keikilove Oh friend, I am so so sorry to see you back here. My heart breaks for you and everything that you have gone through. Sending you all the love  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @keikilove I am so, so sorry, friend. All the hugs to you and your DH. 💚
  • @keikilove I hate to love-tit your post (it's a virtual hug from me). I was hoping you wouldn't be back here, so sorry friend. 💜 💜 💜 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    @keikilove Sorry for the sucky news. I hope your body goes easy on you. :(
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bluetickgal my progesterone suppositories don't come with an applicator either. My side effects weren't too bad, although the first month was an adjustment. The bloat was tough while my body adjusted but it's not too bad now. I have some irritation and itching as well as occasional hot flashes, but nothing so strong or severe that it makes me regret using them. I wear a pad rather than a pantyliner because I need a little more to absorb the stuff that leaks out. I hope the progesterone does the trick for you!
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, endometriosis 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): wto 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): making an appointment with a RE

How are things going?: so unfortunately I think y’all are my people now lol. My regular gyno told me that my most recent blood work indicates that 1. I have PCOS which obviously I suspected or I wouldn’t have pushed for it 2. There’s no way I’m producing eggs with my hormones or able to conceive. So despite the fact we haven’t been trying that long we officially can’t get pregnant alone. I’m handling it very poorly as I’m sure many of you can relate. 

Any questions?: I’m sure I will have all the questions as we get ready for our RE appointment and my new PCOS diagnosis. 

GTKY: What jewelry, if any, do you wear? Just my engagement ring/wedding ring. Sometimes an occasional necklace but not often. 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited October 2019
    @beckylookatherbump I’m so sorry you’re joining this club. It’s very normal to have mixed emotions or surprise when you find yourself here; we can all relate. Yet, it’s so good that you have some answers & won’t waste anymore time trying on your own. 

@bluetickgal Yay for getting back in the game! Re: the progesterone, I insert squishy orange pills right before bed. No applicator. Pantyliner. Very wet & messy in the morning, sorry for the grossness! No issues throughout the day but you’ll be doing them 2x so you’re probably right to go w a pad. 

@kpearse99 Hope it goes GREAT tomorrow!🤞🏽

@misshelen86 I’m sorry for that frustrating system at your RE’s office! Hopefully there’s some way you can get answers/be seen sooner. 

@NYTino24 Sorry for the issues, so glad you went in! I pray everything works out perfectly for you. 

@nitnat007 Yay for everything falling into place!

@meri-mac Hooray for Phase 2!

@jennifer_louise Crossing everything for you for tomorrow & hopefully the IUI this weekend! 🤞🏽

@shoogapoof Hi! Hope you’re able to rejoin the efforts soon. 

@mvt2003 Sorry for the strong reaction to your procedure! Hope you’re feeling better now & that the SA yields helpful results. 

@inthewoods23 Just thinking of you girl and hoping the rest of this week has looked up a bit for you.  

@emeraldduchess I hope you’re feeling a bit better about this cycle despite your rocky chart. 

@kiki047 Hi friend, welcome back! I hope your honeymoon was amazing! 

ETA: I apologize if I missed anyone! 

• @keikilove My RE tests estradiol most times I get BW done. I’m sorry about the confusing mess and hope your kidneys return to normal function quickly! 
    @beckylookatherbump Do they have a plan to address the PCOS? Chin up, lady! We are here for you. 
    @bluetickgal I usr a long liner without an applicator.

US and BW today at the RE in a few minutes. Still dealing with effects of overstimulation and I think it’s 10 dpo. It’s easier to walk today than the last two days, but it feels like a combo of a million ab exercises, AF cramps, and stomach surgery.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Ouch! That sounds like a nightmare. Glad you’re feeling a tiny bit better today. I hope all goes well for you at the appointment! 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited October 2019
    Update: RE says I wasn’t overstimulated, but my blood disorder plus baby aspirin plus trigger exacerbated the ovulation bleeding. Still lots of blood and fluid (not in uterus) and BW is the same. The hemmoragic cyst on my left is up from 23 to 29 and she says it could still get bigger before it gets smaller. My doc gets back from vacation today or tomorrow so we will see what’s next. Not sure if I need to go back before the beta on Monday. I asked if this would affect a future cycle with treatment and she’s didn’t think so, but my body has to reabsorb all of the blood and fluid. 

Don’t know why, but I cried on my way to work. I’m so tired of all of this and we are approaching a year soon. I feel so hard for our friends who have been trying for years and / or have really tough diagnoses. 

• @NYTino24: not yet. Pretty much I had surgery a year and a half ago for the endometriosis. Given that we are in a time crunch to get pregnant before another surgery is required plus my new PCOS diagnosis my doctor pretty much said this is over our head and we need to refer you out. So right now I’m just in limbo waiting on my RE appointment. It’s just been a lot. I hope your cyst goes down soon. I know how painful those can get. 
  • @bluetickgal I have broken the whole process into 6 phases. Phase 2 is starting injections after baseline BW and US. 
  • @meri-mac you are so organized! It probably feels great to do it like that. Then you at least have a plan of action. 
    @inthewoods23 it sounds like maybe you need a mental health break for a little and should just not track for a little bit. I do that sometimes. Especially with temping 
    @kpearse99 yay for young ovaries lol. I know your husband would like not to but honestly if it will make you feel better do it. Like if this cycle didn’t work would you be convinced it was the progesterone and be mad that you didn’t do it? If yes then do it. We are hard enough in ourselves without leaving a variable in play to be mad at ourselves for. 
  • @beckylookatherbump I honestly don't know what I want to do or how I would feel. I'm not worried about the IUI not working this cycle, I know not every cycle is successful, I am worried about another CP though, naturally. But I really don't know what I want to do as far as the supplements go. I still have time to decide, so that's good at least.
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• No beta today but progesterone dropped from 27 to 14 (forgot to take it this morning though) and estradiol is down from 504 on 10/5 to 414. I don’t think the IUI worked. :( I have to stop taking the baby aspirin.

@inthewoods23 Thinking of you. Hope you have a nice vacation.
    @kpearse99 Glad that you got to hear some good things!

• @emeraldduchess @keikilove @NYTino24 thanks ladies for the progesterone tips!! I feel better knowing you all don’t use applicators either! 

@keikilove I don’t have any insight to share, but sending hugs your way! To echo what @kpearse99 said, it’s awesome how knowledgeable you are about all this, and I appreciate you sharing! I’ll ask my RE about testing my estradiol level. Should that be tested after O or only if you are KU? I guess that kind of goes back to your chicken/egg mystery comment... Also, I really hope you don’t have to wait until December to get the new protocol! 

@NYTino24 glad everything seemed to be “ok” in the fact that you don’t have OHSS and the cyst shouldn’t affect this or future cycles. Sending hugs though...this journey can be so draining on our emotions!! Ugh, so sorry your numbers dropped! 😕

@inthewoods23 that stinks they didn’t tell you about not using OPK’s. Sounds like taking a break may not be a bad idea! I hope things get better with the personal/work stuff and I hope your vacation helps you both to relax/recharge! 

@kpearse99 already responded in WTO, but I’m so glad your appt went well! Your RE really does sound like a hoot! I’m sure that helps to make this incredibly stressful process just a tiny bit less stressful! 
  • Do these baseline numbers sound in the normal range (CD 3)?

Progesterone - 0.4
    Estrogen - 56
    FSH - 9.3
    LH 6.1
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Yes those all look in the normal ranges to me. I will send you a sheet that I use for reference and have found helpful in the past. Really good follow up with your doctor. Sounds like things went well and you have a solid plan for your next cycle. 

@inthewoods23 You had such a frustrating time and it can be so difficult to navigate on your own and with a second person involved as well. Talking it out is tough, but so important to do. Enjoy your vacation next week. It will be good for you both to get away.  <3

@NYTino24 Sending you stranger hugs! I get your frustration with all of this. I wish it was easy for all of us. We are warriors though and we will get through this. Stay strong.  <3

@keikilove Wow, so glad that they tested and caught your kidney function and now have that on the mend. And good catch on your estradiol. Hopefully the HcG will do the trick. I have never heard of that approach before, but it sounds promising. I will have everything crossed for you friend!  <3
  • @nitnat007 that would be amazing!! Thank you so much :)
    Our TTC Journey

• @inthewoods23 so many hugs, girl. 💚💚💚 Glad you and your DH have a quick break planned and I hope it's exactly what you need.
  • @NYTino24 I’m sorry about your levels. I hope stopping the aspirin can help with some of your other issues you had going on though without making a big impact on ttc 
  • @jennifer_louise: I was told that normally the reason it’s harder to find one ovary than the other is your intestines being full and as it makes it was it can obscure one side. I had a cyst one time and they barely could see it so I don’t think size is the concern. 
  • Welp, bfn this am so it's on to IUI.  What am I in for with the letrozole, ladies? Do I take both pills at the same time or space them out? 
  • @emeraldduchess I'm so sorry, hun. I know it is disappointing, but hopefully this leads to a sticky bean <3
  • @mvt2003 Right there with ya, lady! I'm all about enjoying that wine while we can!