May 2020 Moms
Options

October Symptoms

Re: October Symptoms

• Options
    Kind of on the struggle bus the past few days. Yesterday I developed a migraine which is unusual for me when pregnant but probably from insomnia and dehydration because I keep throwing up. Had to give in and take rescue medication which lessened it but it’s still there. I just threw up everything again which is infuriating because I’m trying to hydrate to feel better. Chugged some more water after and am going to try to nap. I’m going to call my OB tomorrow and see what I should do. I’m 11weeks tomorrow. I feel like  MS should be winding down instead of suddenly getting worse, right? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @austenista with my second my morning sickness ramped up around 11ish weeks and finally went away around week 19. I hope your OB can help you feel better. My mom had morning sickness all nine months with the four of us, so I’m mostly grateful that mine finishes about halfway. 😝
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Started feeling little flutters, like popcorn popping. 12 weeks today and this is #3. 🥰
  • Options
    So I am 11w + 2d today. I feel like I've moved into the next phase of symptoms. The nausea, extreme fatigue, and brain fog have subsided (thank God!). Now I feel like I have a bit more energy, I actually ate broccoli last night (huge win for me), and I can actually function mentally. Now I have moved on to acne and mood swings. I watched the first episode of Modern Love on Amazon Prime last night and cried for like 10 minutes. Whew!
  • Options
    I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror this morning. It was indeed a scary sight but what caught my attention was the very prominent veins showing up. That happened overnight. I got really bad sleep last night and its making me way more nauseous than I normally am.
  • Options
    @caponey Watched all of modern love yesterday because I still feel like crap at only 8 weeks along and there was only one episode I cried at. The one with the adoption was the one I cried at. The first one was very sweet but I was waiting to find out that the doorman was sending out hits on the guys he didn't like and it turning into a Criminal Minds episode. 
  • Options
    One day short of 11 weeks and suddenly having killer boob pain. Don’t remember this from last time. Also, I am still a super smeller and our dishwasher at our new house is absolutely disgusting. We can’t seem to get the right stuff out of it to clean the filter. We may need to buy a whole new dishwasher )m(hah). Or just hand wash forever. 
  • Options
    heyybrittheyybritt member
    edited October 2019
    @caponey i cried watching episodes 1 and 2 and when MH came home to pick me up for dinner I had to try and explain why my eyes were so red 😂

The sense of smell finally kicked in for me this week. All weekend while we were out I had a funny look on my face as I kept catching gross things. We were at the mall and I had to speed walk past a kiosk that sent my stomach turning.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    @Austenista I feel you and I hurt for you. I’m only 8 weeks and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my MS is better by then. Was yours this bad before? I’m really struggling. Can I ask what your rescue dose is? I know i mentioned this on here before but with how sick I’ve been my doctors gave me promthezine but I feel so guilty taking it. I took it last night because I was desperate and could not get off the bathroom floor. Sometimes I get so sick it feels like the flu. I’ve tried everything as well. We can do this, right 😫!
  • Options
    @michellej2020 my rescue medicine was for my migraine not MS. My MS was the worst with my second, I lost like 20 lbs first trimester. Hang in there and take medicine if you need it, yes it will get better!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is a bizarre symptom. 12 weeks today and I suddenly have this nasty taste in the back of my throat pretty much 24/7. I definitely don’t remember this from previous babies and it’s driving me insane. 
  • Options
    @michellej2020 Take the medicine! I tried to hold off for 2 weeks and made myself so miserable. I finally started taking it from 8-11 weeks and it made a huge difference in how I felt, what I could eat and even just daily activity. I’m finally starting to feel only moderately nauseous now but I can guarantee if it comes back like it was, I will take what the OB gave me! 
  • Options
    @rox7777, I also have a really weird taste in my mouth that I cant seem to get rid of. It goes along with nothing sounding good to drink either-- but no matter what I eat or drink that weird taste lingers. It was bothering me a lot last night since it persisted after brushing my teeth. I'm not real sure what it is about. I will take it over nausea though! 
  • Options
    @rox7777, my quick Google search says "Dysgeusia, or a change in your sense of taste, during pregnancy likely is caused by pregnancy hormones. It may cause you to hate a food that you normally love, or enjoy foods you normally dislike. Sometimes it can cause a sour or metallic taste in your mouth, even if you're not eating anything." That makes sense and I would describe it as kind of metallic. 
  • Options
    @doctorcrime I do remember the penny taste with DS1 but I’m guessing because of my severe nausea this time it just comes across as so much worse. I really don’t know how to describe it other than saying it tastes like I haven’t brushed my teeth in a week. So gross. I’ve been drinking water by the gallon and popping mints constantly. 
  • Options
    I know that veins become more prominent. In my upper body, my veins are just more visible. But I just noticed that it looks like I have bruises behind my knees. Almost like spider veins in the form of a bruise. Anyone else have a similar thing? 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @drkoyya are they varicose veins?
  • Options
    drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited October 2019
    @mdfarmchick Nope. It looks like a really bad bruise but it’s not painful. 

Edit: 

Dr. Google says that it’s intense spider veins. I was just alarmed because it looks so much like a bruise
    FTM
  • Options
    @drkoyya hmm. No idea then. 😐
  • Options
    @drkoyya Yep, I have those.  They're spider veins.  And my skin is super super pale, so it really shows. :(  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Thankfully we’re heading into winter and not bikini season. 
    FTM
  • Options
    @drkoyya Hah, my days of bikini season are far behind me.  Mine are from my first pregnancy and haven't gone away, so I'll likely be getting laser surgery someday to get rid of them.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @drkoyya The backs of my knees stay looking bruised thanks to spider veins. I also have rheumatoid arthritis which only worsens them. 
  • Options
    Me too
  • Options
    Seems like my pregnancy signs have kicked it up this week. 12 weeks, 5 days and linea nigra is visible.
    FTM
  • Options
    This is so weird and I can’t find much on it besides during late pregnancy but I’m having so much pain on my pubic bone, mostly on my left side. Walking and doing anything hurts and it’s been for a few days. Anyone else experiencing this? 
  • Options
    @adventuresawait2 yes to the boob pain. Mine are so so achey, especially at the end of the day. 
  • Options
    Starting 10 weeks and my nausea has subsided (which still freaks me out). My sense of smell, boob pain and fatigue have been kicked up a notch. I am also ravenous!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    12 weeks today and I feel like the nausea is a lot better. Weeks 5-10 I feel like I was nauseous nearly all day. Now I have it come and go so that is a lot nicer. I am with you @queenklau on being ravenous. I am trying to keep it under control since I think I have already gained some weight the first trimester but man am I hungry and when I eat I want more. I don't seem to fill the hunger void as easily as before. 
  • Options
    10+4 today and still so nauseous, and exhausted. I took a 5 hour nap yesterday and still went to bed on time.
  • Options
    week 10 and my hips/back are already starting to hurt and there isn't even extra baby weight yet! this third pregnancy is going to do me in. I feel like i'm going to be hobbling by week 20. 

• Options
    I'm 12+0 today, and pregnancy brain has been so real the past few days.  I just can't think of simple words or I say the wrong thing which is completely stupid. It's so frustrating but also a little entertaining.
  • Options
    mamaj1220mamaj1220 member
    edited October 2019
    I’m 10+3 today and I shouldn’t whine because I was so sick last pregnancy but I’m miserable at this moment because nothing sounds good and I was not nauseous until this week so I’m salty about that. Also boob pain BUT my nipples are so sensitive that it’s ridiculous and annoying that even fabric touching them makes them hard and tingly. 

Edit: forgot the word not
  • Options
    11 weeks today and I was hoping symptoms would start to fade but I feel worse: terrible headache, constant nausea and that feeling like I'm about to faint every 5 minutes! Hopefully that means everything is going well... Can't wait for NT scan next week.
  • Options
    @stephrossi I am 12 weeks 2 days and still feeling nauseous. Sorry, that’s not encouraging, but I’m with you! :smile:
  • Options
    omg @stephrossi so much this. I was just sitting there thinking WHY do I still immediately feel sick the minute I eat anything? 

I really hope I get some relief in the second trimester.
  • Options
    @bananapanda Me too! I went to the store yesterday and bought things we needed and got home. DH was putting it all away and finally asked why I bought all of the things I sent him to the store for 3 days ago. 😳

I've been having pressure in my hips when I sit down on hard things. Dr. Google blamed the hormone relaxin. I didn't have this so early with DD.
  • Options
    does anyone else get kinda sharp pains around hips/under belly when coughing or standing up to fast? It's happened several times in the last week and half or so.. they go away quick, but man do they hurt. 
  • Options
    @chewie5990 Yes, I get those when standing up after sitting for a while.  They do hurt!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @chewie5990 yea, I think they are round ligament pains and are completely normal, but super annoying!  This is my second and they started really early this pregnancy!