Pregnancy announcement — The Bump
April 2020 Moms

Pregnancy announcement

edited August 7 in April 2020 Moms
It’s a little early but I thought I’d make a thread specifically for announcements! Feel free to post your announcement or ask questions or brainstorm ideas 💡 here!

How did or will you share the news with your SO, family, and friends? If you are choosing to share your announcement on social media, how do you plan on doing that and when? 

Stolen parts from Feb BMB

Re: Pregnancy announcement

• Not sure how i will share it but i know im going to do this with my son. I found it on pinterest.  Ive already bought the outfit months ago!!! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    soprano19kissofkiracoaster102516emsnedds
  • We haven’t told anyone yet. When is a good time to tell everyone ? I want to be sure of everything before announcing. 
    34 y/old FTM (EDD 4/2020)
    History of endo - lap done in 2019 and BFP after 5 medicated IUIs
    mercury94
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve told some close friends. We haven’t told our parents yet. It’s my dads birthday next week so I thought about wrapping a onesie that has something to do with grandpa on it. 
    sanpelligrinocourt_89
  • @maverick14 aw that’s a great idea. 
  • I've told some close friends. I haven't told parents yet. I know they're gonna get suspicious when I don't drink, so they'll get told soon. As far as a social media announcement, I'm waiting till I'm through the first trimester. I'm thinking of getting my DS a big brother shirt to announce there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    mercury94sanpelligrino
  • We told immediate family this weekend. We put DS in this shirt (image below). The moms and SIL screamed. They were so happy. I’ve also told a few close friends and my boss. Not really in a hurry to tell too many other people, but the serious blump is difficult to hide. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 33 DH 33 TTC since Jan 2019 PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    ejoseph16sanpelligrinob_1029
  • Just ordered this shirt for DS. I think we'll tell parents this way as well as use it for a social media announcement.

BabyFruit Ticker
    mercury94ejoseph16sanpelligrinoNiceyMeany
  • emalueemalue
    Sixth Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    We dont plan to announce until November. A few close family members know but that's about it
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We haven’t told anyone yet. When is a good time to tell everyone ? I want to be sure of everything before announcing. 
    Usually after 12-13 weeks people announce. Im waiting til then. I learned my lesson with my first pregnancy and lost him at 11 weeks from a cvs test. So im definitely cautious. 
  • We have had two early miscarriages in the past, and we just got both blood confirmations showing my progression track upwards! DH is not wanting to wait he wants to tell everyone like today. i wanna plan something cute. 
    mercury94cicchettimama00
  • With my first two pregnancies, we told family immediately. Not this time. I want to wait at least until our first appointment (Sep. 6th) but preferably once I hit 2nd tri. I feel like a lot of our excitement was taken away by telling so soon. Everyone else wanted to share our news, I just want to enjoy it between MH and I.

Coincidentally I have family pictures scheduled the first week of October so I will work in some announcement photos. We always buy an announcement onesie with our last name and due date so that will be worked in as well. I think we will use it for holiday cards and announce beyond family that way. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    TTC since 6/14
    SA normal.

Clomid cycle #1 - 6/14 = BFN
    Femara cycle #2 - 7/14 = BFN
    Femara cycle #3 - 8/14 = BFN
    Natural Cycle #4 - 9/14 = BFN
    Blood work 9/2014: HgA1C & AMH test. Blood work showed that I am not insulin resistant (wahoo!) but AMH levels were slightly high.
    Natural Cycle 10/14 = BFN
    CD2 Ultrasound & Blood work 10/2014: Ultrasound showed that my uterus and ovaries were of normal size and shape. Ovaries had a number of tiny follicles present.
    RE Appointment for Femvue Ultrasound 10/9/2014: Hurt like a b!tch but tubes are open! I had one good looking follicle to ovulate in the next week or so.
    Femara + Ovidrel 11/14 =BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + IUI 12/14 = BFP!!! EDD September 5, 2015

mercury94cicchettimama00
  • @ejoseph16 that is such a sweet story! You make a great point about sharing early-on and thus having a good support system. 

@mercury94 and @Kathryn0903 those tshirts are the cutest! they make such fun announcements, especially cos the LOs are involved.

@emalue when is your edd? november sounds like a good plan as well. is this your first?

@cicchettimama00 - I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope everything is as uneventful as possible this time around :smile:  I have a silly question: when you say 12-13 weeks, it's counted from the LMP right? Like your EDD calculation. Or is it from the date of ovulation. Sorry this always confuses me, i was doing everything from LMP, however DH keeps telling me that's not entirely accurate, and i agree with him, but i tell him thats how the clinic calculates it. Am i wrong?

@courtneya1620 - Sorry for your loss! I'm excited everything is looking good right now with this pregnancy. best wishes for a smooth pregnancy. Keep us posted on your announcement ideas :blush:

@coaster102516 - the announcement photos and holiday cards sound like a great idea. Like you, i wanted to wait for the first ultrasound appointment at 7 weeks and then announce to close family. I'm not sure when we want to tell friends, i was thinking after the first tri. It's been getting tough to sit out all these happy hours :wink:
    coaster102516
  • I've told my immediate family, a couple close friends, and my team at work but haven't "officially" announced yet. We announced pretty early with my first two for two reasons. 1) Today I am pregnant, and I'm choosing to celebrate it, and 2) like @ejoseph16 said, if something were to happen, I would need my support system. 

I'll probably announce officially sometime this month. I'd just like to get through DD1's birthday first. For social media, I'm thinking of putting my girls in their Big Sister and Little Sister shirts, but mark out little and replace with big and put "in training" below it, with a caption that says "fixed it." Or something. Idk. I'm sleep deprived. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    mercury94ejoseph16
  • I just emailed my admin to let them know, because I had to put in for 2 sick days for appointments. Thankfully, they are thrilled for me knowing what I went through in April! Whew! Not how I wanted to tell them, but I knew my principal would figure it out. Lol
    mercury94
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino
    100 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited August 7
    DH and I plan to send our parents a gift basket with a card and a onesie that says "cant wait to meet you grandma and grandpa" .

Edited: We just dont know the timing. Definitely sometime after the 1st 7 week ultrasound.
    mercury94emsnedds
  • We are telling people close to us as we see them. The first time, we waited until after the 8 week u/s. So I hid, for weeks, to hide my sickness. I don’t want to be a hermit again so we decided we would tell people more casually and ‘confidentially’. So, close friends, immediate family (except MIL and FIL who live 8 hours away but are coincidentally coming to visit 3 days after first U/S), my boss, a few of my direct reports, and my D17 BMB. We probably won’t say anything on social media until at least the halfway point. I don’t have any creativity in me for announcing at this point!
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

mercury94

• @sanpelligrino yes 12-13 weeks from lmp!
  • @dmbjrgem24 omg that's an adorable idea! I love it!

• @littleredm thanks so much!   :)
  • I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow.  I've told my 2 of my sisters, one  9 days before me. And I told some friends at work including my boss. My first ultrasound is 3 days before my oldest birthday and I plan to tell her as part of her birthday then oh, I will be 10 and a half weeks. But no clue how to tell the rest of my family, as it was unexpected unplanned and I am a single mother.
  • This is #4 so I'm really not sure 😂 with #3 I put DD in a shirt that said Girls 1, and DS in a shirt that said Boys 1, and then had a onesie that said Tiebreaker.... With #2, I put DD in a shirt that said "Big Sister"... With #1 I put me and DHs cowboy boots next to a pair of baby boots 🤷 

What on Earth to do with #4?

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3 Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
    mandarenee898mercury94emsneddsruby_love
  • I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow.  I've told my 2 of my sisters, one  9 days before me. And I told some friends at work including my boss. My first ultrasound is 3 days before my oldest birthday and I plan to tell her as part of her birthday then oh, I will be 10 and a half weeks. But no clue how to tell the rest of my family, as it was unexpected unplanned and I am a single mother.
    It will be really great to get to tell your DD for her birthday. Do you mind changing your username? It’s hard to tag the knottie names. There’s a post on how to change it as one of the announcements on the board. 

DS1 born September 2017
    cicchettimama00
  • @hollowway When my cousin had number 4, they did an announcement with baseball jerseys that had the kids’ birth years and then a onesie with the baby’s birth year. I thought it was cute. The family is pretty into baseball, but you could maybe do something similar. She had 4 under 8, so they were pretty close in age to where yours are. 

DS1 born September 2017
    emsnedds
  • We are at 6 weeks and haven’t told anyone yet! We are going on vacation in a week and will be seeing both of our parents in person then, so we plan on telling them. Siblings and close friends will probably be told after that! I’m not going to go public with it until after the first trimester. 
    mercury94emsnedds
  • We weren't going to tell anyone for a bit but we ended up telling our parents early for different reasons, I told my bestie because well she's my bestie and we are now pregnant together again and then we told my one brother in law and his wife because we went their for a weekend and well i wasn't drinking lol. 

Not sure how we will do a social media announcement but have been looking at a couple ideas one I was thinking of is having a friend take photos with like cotton candy on a stick with both pink and blue or something more fall theme pumpkins or something. This is our third and final baby so want to do something fun. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    emsnedds
  • emsneddsemsnedds
    500 Love Its Third Anniversary 100 Comments Photogenic
    Hello! 
    Okay, okay, I am obsessed with Halloween, so I am already playing with a lot of ideas to do a Halloween themed announcement. 
    I told my husband today by putting my DD and DS in sibling shirts, and DH noticed my youngest’s first because it said “promoted to big brother.”  
    My In-laws will be visiting next week, so we will tell them in person, and then probably send a personal announcement to our other close relatives. 
    I have a scheduled family photo shoot, and now I think I’m going to turn it into a birth announcement photo shoot with all of us in costumes, and then buy some of those super cute monster booties from Carter’s. 
    Side note, if someone is looking for ideas, I did a Hocus Pocus reveal to my DH last pregnancy and printed out something from Pinterest that says “Winnie, I smell... a child” and then got a mini cupcake with Halloween frosting. 
    mercury94Mrs.DeRuysscher
  • I make custom cookies so I think I’m going to make this cookie for my social media announcement! 
    emsneddsareseeMrs.DeRuysscherruby_love