April 2020 Moms

Pregnancy announcement

edited August 2019 in April 2020 Moms
It’s a little early but I thought I’d make a thread specifically for announcements! Feel free to post your announcement or ask questions or brainstorm ideas 💡 here!

How did or will you share the news with your SO, family, and friends? If you are choosing to share your announcement on social media, how do you plan on doing that and when? 

Stolen parts from Feb BMB

Re: Pregnancy announcement

• We haven’t told anyone yet. When is a good time to tell everyone ? I want to be sure of everything before announcing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve told some close friends. We haven’t told our parents yet. It’s my dads birthday next week so I thought about wrapping a onesie that has something to do with grandpa on it. 
  • @maverick14 aw that’s a great idea. 
  • I've told some close friends. I haven't told parents yet. I know they're gonna get suspicious when I don't drink, so they'll get told soon. As far as a social media announcement, I'm waiting till I'm through the first trimester. I'm thinking of getting my DS a big brother shirt to announce there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We dont plan to announce until November. A few close family members know but that's about it
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We haven’t told anyone yet. When is a good time to tell everyone ? I want to be sure of everything before announcing. 
    Usually after 12-13 weeks people announce. Im waiting til then. I learned my lesson with my first pregnancy and lost him at 11 weeks from a cvs test. So im definitely cautious. 
  • We have had two early miscarriages in the past, and we just got both blood confirmations showing my progression track upwards! DH is not wanting to wait he wants to tell everyone like today. i wanna plan something cute. 
  • With my first two pregnancies, we told family immediately. Not this time. I want to wait at least until our first appointment (Sep. 6th) but preferably once I hit 2nd tri. I feel like a lot of our excitement was taken away by telling so soon. Everyone else wanted to share our news, I just want to enjoy it between MH and I.

Coincidentally I have family pictures scheduled the first week of October so I will work in some announcement photos. We always buy an announcement onesie with our last name and due date so that will be worked in as well. I think we will use it for holiday cards and announce beyond family that way. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @ejoseph16 that is such a sweet story! You make a great point about sharing early-on and thus having a good support system. 

@mercury94 and @Kathryn0903 those tshirts are the cutest! they make such fun announcements, especially cos the LOs are involved.

@emalue when is your edd? november sounds like a good plan as well. is this your first?

@cicchettimama00 - I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope everything is as uneventful as possible this time around :smile:  I have a silly question: when you say 12-13 weeks, it's counted from the LMP right? Like your EDD calculation. Or is it from the date of ovulation. Sorry this always confuses me, i was doing everything from LMP, however DH keeps telling me that's not entirely accurate, and i agree with him, but i tell him thats how the clinic calculates it. Am i wrong?

@courtneya1620 - Sorry for your loss! I'm excited everything is looking good right now with this pregnancy. best wishes for a smooth pregnancy. Keep us posted on your announcement ideas :blush:

@coaster102516 - the announcement photos and holiday cards sound like a great idea. Like you, i wanted to wait for the first ultrasound appointment at 7 weeks and then announce to close family. I'm not sure when we want to tell friends, i was thinking after the first tri. It's been getting tough to sit out all these happy hours :wink:
  • I've told my immediate family, a couple close friends, and my team at work but haven't "officially" announced yet. We announced pretty early with my first two for two reasons. 1) Today I am pregnant, and I'm choosing to celebrate it, and 2) like @ejoseph16 said, if something were to happen, I would need my support system. 

I'll probably announce officially sometime this month. I'd just like to get through DD1's birthday first. For social media, I'm thinking of putting my girls in their Big Sister and Little Sister shirts, but mark out little and replace with big and put "in training" below it, with a caption that says "fixed it." Or something. Idk. I'm sleep deprived. 
  • I just emailed my admin to let them know, because I had to put in for 2 sick days for appointments. Thankfully, they are thrilled for me knowing what I went through in April! Whew! Not how I wanted to tell them, but I knew my principal would figure it out. Lol
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    DH and I plan to send our parents a gift basket with a card and a onesie that says "cant wait to meet you grandma and grandpa" .

Edited: We just dont know the timing. Definitely sometime after the 1st 7 week ultrasound.
  • We are telling people close to us as we see them. The first time, we waited until after the 8 week u/s. So I hid, for weeks, to hide my sickness. I don’t want to be a hermit again so we decided we would tell people more casually and ‘confidentially’. So, close friends, immediate family (except MIL and FIL who live 8 hours away but are coincidentally coming to visit 3 days after first U/S), my boss, a few of my direct reports, and my D17 BMB. We probably won’t say anything on social media until at least the halfway point. I don’t have any creativity in me for announcing at this point!
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• @sanpelligrino yes 12-13 weeks from lmp!
  • @dmbjrgem24 omg that's an adorable idea! I love it!
  • @littleredm thanks so much!   :)
  • I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow.  I've told my 2 of my sisters, one  9 days before me. And I told some friends at work including my boss. My first ultrasound is 3 days before my oldest birthday and I plan to tell her as part of her birthday then oh, I will be 10 and a half weeks. But no clue how to tell the rest of my family, as it was unexpected unplanned and I am a single mother.
  • This is #4 so I'm really not sure 😂 with #3 I put DD in a shirt that said Girls 1, and DS in a shirt that said Boys 1, and then had a onesie that said Tiebreaker.... With #2, I put DD in a shirt that said "Big Sister"... With #1 I put me and DHs cowboy boots next to a pair of baby boots 🤷 

What on Earth to do with #4?

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow.  I've told my 2 of my sisters, one  9 days before me. And I told some friends at work including my boss. My first ultrasound is 3 days before my oldest birthday and I plan to tell her as part of her birthday then oh, I will be 10 and a half weeks. But no clue how to tell the rest of my family, as it was unexpected unplanned and I am a single mother.
    It will be really great to get to tell your DD for her birthday. Do you mind changing your username? It’s hard to tag the knottie names. There’s a post on how to change it as one of the announcements on the board. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @hollowway When my cousin had number 4, they did an announcement with baseball jerseys that had the kids’ birth years and then a onesie with the baby’s birth year. I thought it was cute. The family is pretty into baseball, but you could maybe do something similar. She had 4 under 8, so they were pretty close in age to where yours are. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • We are at 6 weeks and haven’t told anyone yet! We are going on vacation in a week and will be seeing both of our parents in person then, so we plan on telling them. Siblings and close friends will probably be told after that! I’m not going to go public with it until after the first trimester. 
  • We weren't going to tell anyone for a bit but we ended up telling our parents early for different reasons, I told my bestie because well she's my bestie and we are now pregnant together again and then we told my one brother in law and his wife because we went their for a weekend and well i wasn't drinking lol. 

Not sure how we will do a social media announcement but have been looking at a couple ideas one I was thinking of is having a friend take photos with like cotton candy on a stick with both pink and blue or something more fall theme pumpkins or something. This is our third and final baby so want to do something fun. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @amber2718 I won’t put it on social media for a bit, but we’ve already told family and close friends and I plan to tell basically everyone at work after tomorrow if my appointment goes well. It’s too hard to hide it with the blump I have. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @amber2718 love your online announcement idea. 
  • mflowers929mflowers929 member
    edited September 2019
    DH knew that I was late and bought the test for me so no surprise there (I wanted to surprise him but I was 5 days late before I got my +). So far we basically haven't told anyone. I tried to tell my BFF the other day by making cinnamon rolls and dropping hints but she was oblivious so it's now a game to see how long it takes before she get it lol. As mentioned in the symptoms thread, I've told 2 coworkers "just in case" because of how I'm feeling, but I won't tell everyone else at work until after my ultrasound. We'll tell our parents then too.
    For social media/everyone else, I'm getting this shirt made and will take a pic of DS wearing it next to a pumpkin that I'll carve a heart out of and put a smaller pumpkin inside. I'll be about 14 weeks. I love Halloween so I'm excited about it

Also, since DS was a June baby and I hit the 2nd trimester right around Christmas, this was our announcement for him.

ETA - I have no idea how to spoiler here lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @danibean19 thats so cool, and funny! 

@mflowers929 those announcements are just so cute!
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited September 2019
    I love all of these cute ideas and hearing how others are sharing the news! Thanks @cicchettimama00 for starting the thread!

I told DH with a book of dad jokes and an expectant father book. He opened the dad jokes first and didn’t understand why until he opened the other. 😂 He wanted to tell parents right away, so we FaceTimed together that same night. I also called my sister a few days later. I didn’t want her to hear anything suspicious from a parent, but since she’s TTC, I wanted to be sensitive to the timing. 

After our first U/S at 9 weeks, I shared the news with a few cousins in person, and I just told my aunt yesterday. I gave DH permission to tell some of his close friends, since he doesn’t have as many family members to tell. I might tell some friends this weekend at a birthday party...

Like others have mentioned, so far our sharing has been based on who we want in our support network. I am waiting to tell my work until our new (more generous) parental leave plan is approved (currently thinking of wearing a t-shirt on Halloween that announces it for me). We will probably wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas for a social announcement, which may or may not include the sex.

For those of you with large families or friend groups, how you are deciding who you will tell personally v. who you will let find out from a social?