November 2019 Moms
Options

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I am right there with you. The pressure seems way more intense this time. If I feel this way at 29 weeks (and even a few prior) I can not imagine what the next few will feel like. 

• Options
    @mc0303 yes, my OB this time said they won’t do anything unless my cervix gets below 2.5cm. Then she would put me on pelvic rest. So hopefully you stay the same! 

I have low blood pressure during pregnancy and the procardia made me miserable. I felt super weak and on the verge of passing out several times. I had a lot of vasovagal reactions and had to run out of a store multiple times to avoid passing out in the checkout line. I hope you do better on it!

Hope you’re feeling ok this morning!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I feel the same way bending over.  I usually work on my couch with my laptop on the ottoman and I can’t even lean forward comfortably while sitting because I feel like she’s right there.  It started last week for me, so around 24 weeks and I definitely don’t remember feeling this way last time, but he was transverse then breech so maybe this means that she’s head down already 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Options
    @rogro118 this baby has been transverse and head down the entire time. He hasn’t done any major flipping. The only thing I have noticed is moving so he is facing different. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 glad everything was ok!  I never knew there could be so many different things which could happen during pregnancy (FTM here!).  
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the well wish, guys! I'm feeling much better and clear-headed this morning although still emotional.

@Texascat I hope your cervix stays nice and long for as long as possible!! The procardia definitely makes me feel lightheaded and weird so hopefully I won't need to take it often. My OB put me on pelvic rest until our next appointment just to be on the safe side. Not like a lot action was happening in my pelvic area anyway! 

@emeraldcity1214 I'm definitely having some issues bending over facing forward. I have to squat down to the side to pick things up or dry my legs off...not ideal. But since I unexpectedly got to see baby yesterday, I think it's because his head is directly on top of my cervix and he's posterior with his bottom sticking almost straight out of my belly. 

@natehk thanks so much! I'm at FTM too and I think that's part of why I was just so freaked out. It's so hard to tell what's normal and not normal since everything feels novel and strange. 
  • Options
    My little one keeps flipping in my belly and it honestly makes me nauseous and yesterday she started kicking my ribs. 
  • Options
    @emmac99 I was just explaining to my husband yesterday that some times movement or Braxton hicks will give me this wave of nausea or disorientation or something. Mostly the BH does it but tons of movement like flipping over will do it as well. It is a hard feeling to explain but I know now when it is happening to wait for the movement to slow down or wait for the BH to stop.
  • Options
    Anyone experiencing elevated heart rate/heart beating really hard. At church this morning it was 115/120bpm just standing there. Not sure if it's something to worry about or not. It's been happening on and off for awhile, I can't remember what's normal and what isn't.
  • Options
    @dani_0921 my resting heart rate has continued to climb during pregnancy from low to mid 60s up to high 80s right now. And it takes nothing for me to jump up to 120s. We did the Cupid Shuffle at work and even with taking a break halfway through my HR was 140. Doc says it is the extra blood flow and our hearts are working harder all the time. Make sure to rest if it makes you feel uneasy and talk to your doc if you need any further reassurance/relief
  • Options
    @mc0303 so glad everything is ok but how scary to have to go through all that without your H! I hope you’re feeling better now. 

Anyone get a numb or tingly patchy at the top of their belly? I got this last pregnancy so I’m familiar with it but it is annoying. 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease I’ve not heard of that but it sounds annoying.

holy indigestion for me.... definitely didn’t have it last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @runningfortwo81 this was me the past two days! All of a sudden, I cramp up when going from laying to sitting and just feel so big and my stomach is super tight.
  • Options
    @runningfortwo81 I've been feeling that way for a couple weeks and I'm a few days shy of 28 weeks 😂 it hit earlier than I remember last time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @runningfortwo Ugh yes! I feel so big, and it seemed to happen overnight. My belly feels so tight and uncomfortable, I don't remember feeling like this even at the end of my first pregnancy! It might be a long 12 weeks...
  • Options
    So.much.heartburn.  This afternoon, it’s been killing me and I still can’t get it to go away.  What is everyone’s go to remedy?  
  • Options
    Ok, this one is weird to me.  I keep getting a kind of sensation like a kick but it is a little punchy and accompanied by the sudden urge to pee.  So, I am guessing kidney or bladder kicks? I *never* got this with my last pregnancy, I am guessing it is the change in placement of placenta as it is anterior this time.
  • Options
    @drama_llama I get those sensations. I assumed baby is kicking or punching my bladder. 

@rogro118 Tums does the trick for me, but I know that doesnt work for everyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @rogro118 ugh the heartburn!!! Tums doesn’t seem to be doing anything for me 😭

And I feel everyone on feeling large and in charge. I feel so uncomfortably expansive. 
  • Options
    @rogro118 peppermint tea has helped me a LOT lately. Tums some what helps. But also, I found if i stay away from chocolate that helps a lot for me. Apparently it is a huge trigger food for my heartburn.

Holy allergies batman. I can hardly breathe today. The pollen count is stupid, we had a huge storm front push through that didnt help the pressure and my eyes feel like sandpaper. Plus I keep sneezing and peeing a little. Help! I try to avoid any meds outside of tums and antibiotics if necessary. Anything holistic to do for allergies?
  • Options
    @rogro118 So much solidarity. I have the worst heartburn this pregnancy. Tums did nothing for me, but Zantac has been a lifesaver. My doctor told me I could take Zantac twice a day. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    I have been taking Zantac for my heartburn. It works great. I am also feeling large but I guess that is expected since I’m only 27 weeks but measuring 29. 😑 

The smoke is clearing out! I can actually see the mountains that are behind my house. I may have to take the kids out to play all afternoon after they nap! They have been wanting to go outside and play since we got home. The air quality has been too bad for that but I bet it is much better today. 

• Options
    Today I got to sleep in so I woke up feeling better than I have in a while. I even made some cookies but half way through the making them I got all light headed and dizzy. I immediately sat down and drank some water but now I have a pounding head ache that won’t go away. Recently I’ve just felt fragile because anytime I start to do something I have to stop. Kinda just want to fast forward to having the baby. 
  • Options
    The BH are REAL today. More than I have ever had with this or my last pregnancy. So weird.
  • Options
    @dani_0921 mine have been way more frequent this pregnancy too!  Annnd they started super early.  
  • Options
    @rogro118 I'm trying not to worry about them, but sheesh!
  • Options
    @dani_0921 you may want to drink some more water. Sometimes I can tell I’m more dehydrated when I start having lots of BH. They usually go away when I start drinking more water. 
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ll ever understand the difference between BH and the contractions I’ve been having. 

I had another visit to L&D for contractions that wouldn’t go away and we’re very frequent. Everything is fine now, but I’m just feeling so bummed. I feel like I’m doing everything wrong and it’s getting me really down. I just want this baby to keep cooking and stay safe. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 what are they saying at L&D? Anything? Has your OB followed up with you? My last pregnancy I had a night of nonstop BH that were really alarming and went to L&D. They kind of shrugged it off since my cervix wasnt doing anything and they eventually stopped. But it is definitely alarming and scary when you arent sure what is normal and what is not normal. Seriously, always go to L&D or call your OB any time you feel something is off, no matter how many times they tell you it is fine. How are babies movements? 
  • Options
    @purplefan1 they didn’t really say anything...just that it wasn’t normal to have them so close together for hours. My OB hasn’t followed up with me yet, so that’s bumming me out. They just told me that I could take more of the procardia and that my cervix was lengthening with the progesterone which is good. And to also talk to my OB about taking shots to strengthen the baby’s heart in case I go into preterm labor. Which scared the crap out of me. 

My OB wants me to go to L&D whenever something is off, but I’m struggling with feeling like I’m overreacting. Like you said, not knowing what’s normal and not normal

Baby is great! Great heartbeat, strong movements so that gives me a lot of relief ❤️
  • Options
    @mc0303 - It is good to always go.  The nurses and doctors would ALWAYS rather you come in and be sent home with an okay rather then wait and possibly miss something they can stop.  My step mom is a nurse and she says you might feel like you are annoying but truly they want you there if you think something isn't right.
  • Options
    @mc0303 do they call them something other bh?  BH are contractions without progression.  For me in both pregnancies they feel like just tightening of my uterus.  A real contraction feels like period cramps in lower belly and the tops of my legs along with the tightening sensation.  BHs aren’t necessarily painful, but they are uncomfortable for me.  I get them a lot throughout the day, never on any type of schedule but more so at night, after sex, and if I do anything super active.  My midwife said it just happens to some people.  

Did they do a non-stress test when you went in?  I had a few done at the end of my last pregnancy for various reasons and they would see contractions on the screen but they weren’t bothering me so they said not to worry since they weren’t causing labor or anything to happen and baby’s heart was accelerating and decelerating appropriately.  Even leading up to my labor, I was contracting regularly but nothing else was happening (I was being monitored in the hospital so could see everything on the screen).  I still needed help dilating with a catheter and a looottt if pitocin to get things going, so the contractions weren’t a precursor to labor or anything for me.

Definitely always go in, it’s a huge help in relieving worry and stress, the nurses never mind.  My mum and mother in law are both labor and delivery nurses and they always recommend going to the hospital when something feels the slightest bit off, your intuition knows best!  
  • Options
    @dancer688 @rogro118 ❤️ Thank you! That is really reassuring 

@rogro118 they called them preterm contractions...but never mentioned BH. They didn’t perform a NST. They seem to happen randomly (not relating to any activity) and at consistent intervals like every 2-3 minutes for hours rather than irregular as I’ve read about BH. They did say it wasn’t normal to have that kind of frequency but I don’t know what that means. I feel tightening and mild menstrual style cramps down low (well not now but then)
  • Options
    @mc0303 I wonder what could be causing this for you. I'm glad you went again as others said, don't ever feel like you like your concerns/fears/pains aren't enough to get things checked out ASAP. Hope baby stays put for much longer!!
  • Options
    Absolutely never ever ever feel bad about going in. Other than sheepishness possibly, no one has ever regretted going in and getting checked. Many people have had the experience of not going in and then tegretting it. I would rather you get checked 100 times and told everything looks good than any negative outcome. Especially because they are telling you this isnt normal.

I had a lot of NSTs last pregnancy and would see my contractions on the monitor. Some I could feel and i thought were BHs and others I really couldnt tell were happening outside of seeing it on the monitor.

I hope the meds help ease it up for you and that each of those remaining weeks progress worry free!
  • Options
    @mc0303 That has been happening to me, too. About 3 weeks ago, I was having tightening and what felt like menstrual cramps all night and morning, so I called my OB. Thankfully I was able to come into the office rather than go to L&D. My OB said that's definitely not normal and assured me I did the right thing by coming in. He said my cervix was closed, and did a preterm test (which came back negative). I'm still having a lot of tightening, BH and overall discomfort - and I dont remember feeling like this at all with my last pregnancy. It's worst at night when I get home from work, so I think it's just baby growing and moving, and I'm trying to stay hydrated. But it's definitely unnerving! You're doing the right thing by getting it checked out, never question your instincts!
  • Options
    @ABabyMarshall @purplefan1 @kj17-2 thank you guys so much 💕 I definitely will just go with my gut next time and try to avoid thinking I’m looking crazy - I need to just let that go. Focus on me and baby and that’s it! 
  • Options
    @mc0303 whenever my irritable uterus acted up I would basically cancel all plans the rest of the day, drink a ton of water, keep my bladder empty, and lay down in bed. They almost always went away if I took a nap or went to bed. If they lasted longer than a few hours and after all of that, then I would call my doctor/go to L&D. I totally get what you’re dealing with. It’s so frustrating to be kind of floating out there with something that seems concerning but that doctors have no explanation for. My OB basically told me this time that the contractions pretty much mean nothing until they do.... 🤔 super reassuring! Ha! 

Hang in there. Like I said, I had it with both of my last pregnancies and I knew I was progressing/in labor with my second when the contractions were waking me up. I was 38 weeks. 
  • Options
    @taxascat gah!! Exactly! I just want clarity...but that doesn’t seem to exist with this. 😬 It’s so frustrating to not get straight answers. I’m just going to get trucking and taking it one day at a time