March 2019 Moms
Options

Lottery Dreaming

Anyone playing the lotto? What would you do with a $900m payout?? :D:D:D
Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: 2012
BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed

Re: Lottery Dreaming

• Options
    I'm not playing, but I would pay off all debts, buy another vehicle, buy a house. Not sure after that...definitely invest, but that would be DW job to sort that out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    Pay off debt, go on an epic vacation and save the rest.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is playing, so hopefully he doesn't leave my pregnant ass when he wins!

I'd see a good estate planning attorney and accountant to figure out how to protect it and grow it so we never ran out. Then I'd quit my job and pursue my passion of being a sommelier (they spit out the wine they taste so I could probably do this while pregnant). Buy a new house with no neighbors. Buy my grandparents their farm back and make sure they were comfortable for the rest of their lives. Pay for my immediate family to all go on vacation together and pay off all their debts. Fund college for DS and all our nieces and nephews. Buy a new car as mine has 215,000 miles. I'd think of more :)

It's interesting and kind of sad that the bankruptcy and divorce rate are higher among lottery winners than the average population. I guess my regular life is ok too.
  • Options
    I don't play but I'd probably buy a new house, fix it up how I want, and travel.
  • Options
    DH showed me this to help prepare for quitting my terrible job (caution don’t listen with little ears!)
    https://youtu.be/hpwesfKJ1AI
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    We’d both retire, buy a huge chunk of land in the middle of nowhere and become reclusive!  :D Ooo, and travel all over the place!
  • Options
    DH and I would definitely stop working or at least change jobs to something enjoyable/fulfilling. He would probably become a professor & I honestly don’t know what I would do. I always dreamed of being in the event planning industry but that doesn’t fit in with my desire for bankers hours OR my shy personality!

Pay off our own debt as well as that of our families. Make sure our parents are set and living their “best life”. Set up college funds for all our kids and nieces/nephews. Make sure we are investing/saving to make it last. 

Take a bigtime dream disney vacation with our families. To me this would include the grand villa suites at the Contemporary resort, VIP guide thru all the parks so no waiting in lines and prime viewing of parades/fireworks, and obviously eating a ton of delicious food. Also interested in an epic Hawaiian vacation with the whole family & there’s this place called Jade Mountain I read about in some wedding magazine many moons ago that DH & I have on our bucket list. Basically lots of travel with whoever wanted to join us. 

While daydreaming about it we agreed we found it easier to dream about smaller winnings like $100k. Still enough to pay off most debt, do something fun, something charitable, and invest some. 
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 I agree, one of the "small" prizes would be more of a blessing than the big one that comes with all the publicity!
  • Options
    @kristimh80 Hahaha! That’s hilarious. I think it’s up to 1.6 mil and I heard they’re running out of lotto ticket combinations.
  • Options
    @meggyme it was around $1.6 bil and a forecast I read suggested 75% of available combinations were sold. Crazy! 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2018
    They have a winner. Any lucky ladies here? I hear they were in SC.
  • Options
    Finish the Reno on our house. Probably get a nice cabin in the woods somewhere. Then plan it out so I wouldn’t have to work and just stay home with the kids. Save enough to have some great traveling experiences and donate the rest to education or start some kind of non profit for kids. I love the simplicity of our lives now so I wouldn’t want too much of our day to day to change. 
  • Options
    Everytime DH and I dream of lotto winnings I just get overwhelmed and say “I have no idea what I’d do other than just keep working.” For some reason I can’t fathom just winning that amount of money but here is a list of things we talk about ...

-Vacation DH and I love to travel so we would definitely go on some big vacations including: bora bora, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy, Greece, a family Disney Cruise, and more! This includes taking family on these trips as well

-Invest for our DSs college’s and add to our nieces funds

-Invest/Save for our future and our children’s future and meet with an estate attorney 

-get DH a new car (I just got a new-to-me one it’s a 2013 so maybe I’d upgrade to a new one but honestly I like my car)

-We would either buy or build a home (the only question would be where ...) 

-I would start a YouTube family/lifestyle channel because I’ve always wanted too ... and being a teacher I’ve always been too cautious to put my life out there like that ... not that I would quit teaching right away but eventually I might/probably would to spend more time with family 

-pay off my moms house, DHs family debts, and my brothers house (although I would hope doing this wouldn’t cause family friction in the future) 

OK there you have my 3:30am novel that probably has 3:30am grammar/spelling mistakes along with it ... 

• Options
    I have thought of this plenty of times, hahah. 

Pay off debt, build a second story on our house, put money away for kids college/future nest egg, invest a lot, donate a lot to the humane society, travel, hire someone to help me keep my house clean, spend all day doing art and reading!